Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can someone explain the Freestyle Coke machines to me?

Thanks for linking this post! Great photos and info.

So I was reading over the menus, which look interesting (Flaky spinach and feta pastry, I'm looking at you!), but I did not see Mickey waffles/bacon which was being served at the Ale & Compass lounge in the mornings (I believe). If anyone is able to confirm or deny that Mickey waffles are available there, I would appreciate it. Along with confirmation that they are still available at The Beach Club Marketplace.

Can someone explain the Coke Freestyle machines to me? Do you dial in the type of soda you want? Can you mix sodas? You can use your refillable mugs here, right?

Any other comments or pictures from guests there in the near future are appreciated!

:goodvibes

I have at so many pages to catch up on but I'm very excited and had to share- Cat's outta the bag! My F&W trip is a surprise gift for my parents for Mother's Day and (early) Father's Day and it went over great! (Shocking, I know, but I kept thinking of reasons they might not want it & I was working myself into a ridiculous tizzy!) No one else in my fam has been to WDW, but we're DL vets.

Dad: "Disney WORLD?" That took a moment to sink in. "What's the Beach Hotel?..."
Mom: "Food and Wine. Epcot." As it sunk in is she was all smiles, carefully reading the details in the brochure WDW sent about our trip (SO glad they sent that out now)
Sister: practically cried she was so excited (she got the gift by default!)

We are one very excited family!!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

View attachment 237368

I think that drivers associated with Uber are supposed to be screened by the company. Since you are using an app that is operated by Uber and acts a go-between for the customer and the driver, you will be given information (driver name, car type) of your vehicle, so you know it is not a random person stopping to get you into their car.

Drivers (and customers) are also rated after each ride, so there is supposedly a way to tell if the driver you are hiring has positive feedback.

That being said, there certainly have been some dicey stories in the news and I have been the passenger in an Uber with my friends where we did not have confidence in our driver's skills.

:car:

Yes! I have heard similar stories about being a passenger in an Uber and it freaks me out especially with my older kids.

Can someone explain the Coke Freestyle machines to me? Do you dial in the type of soda you want? Can you mix sodas? You can use your refillable mugs here, right?

In the freestyle machines, you choose a flavor and a base - so you can get all the usuals like Coke, Diet Coke, root beer, Sprite, Ginger Ale, orange soda, lemonade, water and then you can also add a flavor to it if you want, such as cherry, lime, grape, etc. Or mix multiple bases/flavors via partial fills. I am saying this assuming it works like a standard freestyle machine and has not been modified for Disney (other than the RFID reader).

Thanks for linking this post! Great photos and info.

So I was reading over the menus, which look interesting (Flaky spinach and feta pastry, I'm looking at you!), but I did not see Mickey waffles/bacon which was being served at the Ale & Compass lounge in the mornings (I believe). If anyone is able to confirm or deny that Mickey waffles are available there, I would appreciate it. Along with confirmation that they are still available at The Beach Club Marketplace.

Any other comments or pictures from guests there in the near future are appreciated!

Coke freestyle machines are just computerized fountain machines. You tap the screen for which kind you want. It also allows for a lot more soda options. Yes you can use refillable mugs there.

NOOOO!!! I can already see how that's gonna go: Uber & Lyft will be cut out of WDW (again? I know there were issues when they first started) & prices will double in a year. Great add on for those with big budgets probably: for $50... who am I kidding?... $100/day have access to Disney Uber to take you wherever/whenever! :furious:

Well, we had a discussion on the News & Rumors thread about this. It isn't likely that Disney will (or even can) prohibit Uber & Lyft. The Disney service will likely impact the amount of business Uber & Lyft drivers get, but it's not anticipated that they will "magically" disappear. :D

OH! And how FUN for you with your surprise gift!!!

OT! About Uber...I'm super skeptical about it in a general sense. How can you ensure that the driver is qualified and not a serial killer or anything? I'm usually not skeptical about other people but this makes me weirded out.
Uber does a background check. If they are a serial killer who has been caught, that should show and they shouldn't clear as a driver. I'm a lot more comfortable with Uber than with a taxi, honestly. I know if anything goes wrong it will be very easy to track the person down. I know the car will be clean. I know the routes will be close to the fastest because you are given a map on your receipt and can tell if they drove you in crazy circles. Pricing is clear. Are the drivers good? Better than the taxi driver's I've had at least, but I have heard some crazy stories. I always Uber given a choice!

Well, we had a discussion on the News & Rumors thread about this. It isn't likely that Disney will (or even can) prohibit Uber & Lyft. The Disney service will likely impact the amount of business Uber & Lyft drivers get, but it's not anticipated that they will "magically" disappear. :D

OH! And how FUN for you with your surprise gift!!!
PHEW! :)

In the freestyle machines, you choose a flavor and a base - so you can get all the usuals like Coke, Diet Coke, root beer, Sprite, Ginger Ale, orange soda, lemonade, water and then you can also add a flavor to it if you want, such as cherry, lime, grape, etc. Or mix multiple bases/flavors via partial fills. I am saying this assuming it works like a standard freestyle machine and has not been modified for Disney (other than the RFID reader).

And, of course, there is an app where you can store your favorites and then scan your phone at the machine and it will pour it.

Can confirm they are available at Beach Club Marketplace:
Mickey Waffles with Bacon $7.99

They also have a kid's Mickey Waffles breakfast:
Mickey Waffles served with Bacon or Sausage and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water $5.99

It seems like like the menu info released indicates more of an adult theme, though a photo shows a kid's turkey sandwich, like what they have at BC Marketplace.

Have you thought about Uber? I was skeptical about it but my 20-something kids use it all the time. Last week, we stayed at POR and used it for our resort to resort trips. It was so quick, easy, efficient and inexpensive that I will never use a taxi or Disney transport again for those types of trips. We always use busses/boats to the parks, but resort-resort can be time-consuming. We used Uber 7 times, and spent a grand total of $50, including tips. In the past, we had used taxi service from BC to the Poly or CR and spent about $18-20 for a taxi with tip. BC to CR will probably cost you between 6-8 dollars, depending on the time of day. it is door-to-door service, and all of our drivers were friendly and excellent. There were lots of people using it, and as a matter of fact, we used Uber from the BC to POR and there were at least 2 other families with cars that showed up at the same time.

If time is an issue, I would highly suggest it.

If Uber isn't for you, I would do the bus to MK then just walk to the CR. BUT, I also love walking through Epcot, so if you have the time and isn't 100 degrees, that would be nice, too!

I have heard great things about the California Grill brunch, have fun!

We are giving this some consideration, we have plans the night before and have no clue at the moment just how late we will stay out for. That might impact on our morning start, hopefully we'll be up and ready in plenty of time to get there. We wondered about that price for Uber but as long as the traffic isn't terrible it should be ok. Maybe we'll return via the monorails:) We hope the brunch is as amazing as the reviews we've read since it will just be the two of us for this meal.I might have to do a quick report once we catch our breath again when we return home.

Uber does a background check. If they are a serial killer who has been caught, that should show and they shouldn't clear as a driver. I'm a lot more comfortable with Uber than with a taxi, honestly. I know if anything goes wrong it will be very easy to track the person down. I know the car will be clean. I know the routes will be close to the fastest because you are given a map on your receipt and can tell if they drove you in crazy circles. Pricing is clear. Are the drivers good? Better than the taxi driver's I've had at least, but I have heard some crazy stories. I always Uber given a choice!

Not too sure after finding this: http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents

These incidents happen in traditional taxis, too. The likelihood of something truly horrible happening while you are in an Uber is so minute.

Yeah, that list would be exponentially longer if it were taxi incidents! But, @Simba's Girl go with what YOU feel comfortable with. I always encourage people to try out ride sharing but if it just scares the living daylights out of you don't do it! On vacation you should fret less, not more!

Stormalong Bay Q! What are the Bubbling Bay and the Whirling Waters sections of the pool? Does the whirling water push you around in a circle or something, because that kinda makes sense... I don't know where to start with what bubbling bay could be.

I live in a major NE city. There have been multiple sexual assault allegations against Uber drivers on single females at night. This is not true of taxi drivers. That plus Uber's shady business practices leads me to feel I will never use them.

My son is an Uber driver in Charleston (College Senior). He did have a background check done before driving.

I travel all over the US for business. I've used Uber in most all cities I've visited. I'm comfortable with it. YMMV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter