Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

YC has been included in AP discounts (it is now for June). But you can't always get only 3 days - at least I've noticed that for June (i.e., when I try for 7 nights, it shows availability, but not for 3 or 4). Secret minimum night stays, if you will (most hotels do this, to not leave "orphan" dates - something like that. You can check past release dates at mousesavers.

We'll be staying for 9 nights in June. For the 3 nights in February we'll be going value to save money.

Woohoo. Just changed our standard room BC to standard room CL. So excited. We will be there 8/15-8/23. I can't wait! Does anyone know if all CL rooms have a full balcony? So exc. I've been back and forth over this splurge for months. The room opened up and I jumped on it.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As Hopefully indicates, not all club level rooms have full balconies, but I believe about 3/4 of the rooms do have them. A higher percentage than for the non-club rooms.

:goodvibes

We are a family of 5 staying at the YC for 5 nights and the GF for 3 nights. We have some really great dinner reservations but want to just get pizza delivery from a decent outside pizza shop (No Disney pizza) a few nights. Has anyone gotten pizza delivery at dinnertime and sat and relaxed at stormalong bay? Not sure if they even have tables there to eat on? Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea?

We are a family of 5 staying at the YC for 5 nights and the GF for 3 nights. We have some really great dinner reservations but want to just get pizza delivery from a decent outside pizza shop (No Disney pizza) a few nights. Has anyone gotten pizza delivery at dinnertime and sat and relaxed at stormalong bay? Not sure if they even have tables there to eat on? Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea?

I was actually just thinking this same thing! Hoping for good answers.

Hi from the Yacht Club! We arrived right on time at 10 this morning, leaving a cold drizzle & arriving to 70* & sunny- perfect park weather. Funny to see the lifeguards in fleece jackets while folks were swimming.

We are in a waterview club level room, 2 queens with a bathtub. I will try to get a few view pictures later in the week. I was hoping for a room with just a shower, but I didn't request it so no biggie. I do love the look of the new rooms, the drapes are so cute. They really look just like nice navy drapes til you look really close. Then lots of Disney surprises!

The closets & dresser offer lots of storage space. I like to pack our toiletries in zip lock bags & we keep them in there throughout the trip too. The top drawers are only a few inches high & perfect to keep all those toiletries bags in. Previously I would keep them on top of the dresser, so the room looks so much nicer without all that cluttering up the dresser. Plenty of room in the safe even after I put our 2 tablets, I pod & small jewelry box in it.

We do have the larger sized shampoo & body wash. Also, solar gel, mouthwash & shower caps in the room. We went to Epcot for a bit & returned to find a "welcome back" card & small box of chocolates.

One little issue: I am a short person (5'2). The bed is high! I have to lift up on my toes to sit on it. I'm hoping I don't kill myself if I get up in the middle of the night! :laughing:

I'll try to post the lounge offerings later.

If we don't have tickets for the day to enter Epcot or HS, is there somewhere in the boardwalk area to view the fireworks? We are going in August. Which is better to see the fireworks from HS or Epcot?

We are staying at the BC last week of May and will not be hiring a car. We have friends from Scotland staying in Orlando at the same time and they plan on driving over to visit and basically hang out at our hotel and the Boardwalk area in general. Would they be OK to park at the BC if they just gave the security at the gate our name and room number ? We will be eating and drinking at the hotel but obviously not using SAB.

Thanks in advance

If we don't have tickets for the day to enter Epcot or HS, is there somewhere in the boardwalk area to view the fireworks? We are going in August. Which is better to see the fireworks from HS or Epcot?
There is a very good view of the Illuminations fireworks from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. These fireworks are very close to the resorts.

The fireworks from DHS are a little farther away. If you want to take a short walk then you can get a good view of the Star Wars fireworks by walking down the path to DHS until you can see the Grauman's Chinese Theater in the distance. It will be right after you go under the bridge. This is probably a ten minute walk from the Boardwalk, depending on where your starting point is. :)

We are staying at the BC last week of May and will not be hiring a car. We have friends from Scotland staying in Orlando at the same time and they plan on driving over to visit and basically hang out at our hotel and the Boardwalk area in general. Would they be OK to park at the BC if they just gave the security at the gate our name and room number ? We will be eating and drinking at the hotel but obviously not using SAB.

Thanks in advance
Your friends just have to tell the guard your name and room number and they would be able to park there. :)

I was actually just thinking this same thing! Hoping for good answers.

About 10 pages ago, there was a lengthy discussion about pizza delivery. I compiled all of the comments in a single post.

Pizza

Yes, there are tables and chairs within Stormalong Bay. I know there are some by the sand area, Yacht Club side. Where else?

Not sure how frequently you will find them unoccupied.

:)

There is info and pictures in Post 14- Other Useful Info titled "Where can you see fireworks from the resort?"

There is a very good view of the Illuminations fireworks from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. These fireworks are very close to the resorts.

The fireworks from DHS are a little farther away. If you want to take a short walk then you can get a good view of the Star Wars fireworks by walking down the path to DHS until you can see the Grauman's Chinese Theater in the distance. It will be right after you go under the bridge. This is probably a ten minute walk from the Boardwalk, depending on where your starting point is. :)

Thanks for sharing that info. I have not seen the fireworks from that vantage point but I have heard others suggest it.

:thumbsup2

Good morning!
Just wanted to post a mini-trip report and life update from last week.

My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and as a groomsman's gift, my future BIL flew his men down for a weekend in WDW. Their favorite place to stay is WL, and I'd stayed there as a teen with my parents, but my fiancee (who some of you know) had never. By staying at WL, we both have completed the rounds of staying at every deluxe resort. I crossed the finish line when we stayed at the Poly last summer. We had a nice hot weekend, and it was so good to be there when we don't usually get there. No La Vie En Rose cocktail at F&G was safe! We stayed CL at WL and had a deluxe room with a nice view of Bay Lake. They have a great new pool bar/restaurant called Geyser Point, and I couldn't help but wonder if at some point HH will expand like this.

We DID manage to sneak in some BC time as it was such a short trip, we widely shrugged Disney transport and Ubered everywhere. We decided the quickest way into Epcot was to go through the BC, so *Oh Well,* I guess we'll just have to spend some time there! I can report that there seems to be some decent construction (convention center wise) in the outskirts of the BC parking lot, but I think the way the building is angled, few if any rooms should be looking at it, but I could be wrong. It was such a tease to be there, but we'll be back for a long stay in August!

On a more personal note, the trip was great, but the return home was not. Our beloved Grace, the cat I've had for 11 + years took a big turn on the last day we were gone, and thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye. She'd been tentatively diagnosed with cancer in October, but had outlived her prognosis and was doing fine. She even had a clean round of bloodwork come back about 3 weeks ago. The vet was even questioning his own diagnosis, but then she started acting a bit funny before we left, but not so funny that we felt we couldn't go. She was also fine for most of the 72 hours we were away, but really took a plunge about 12 hours before we got home. I miss her, but I'm glad I got to see her to say goodbye, I'm glad she wasn't sick for long, and I'm glad I got to spend a weekend in my happy place before dealing with this loss. :flower3:

Security and privacy were my reasons for not going with the ground floor I originally was thinking about. Not sure how the bushes are around the rooms as far as how large they are to help with privacy, or if they're bug magnets. I changed our on MDE a while back to balcony, can't wait to see what we get.

Thanks, @jen7233, I hadn't considered the bugs!

Thanks, @jen7233, I hadn't considered the bugs!
We actually prefer the ground floor - guaranteed outside space to sit. We've never had an issue with privacy (we always close the curtains/blinds when in the room, and if there is a patio door, make sure it is locked before leaving. As far as bugs...while I've seen lots of the little skinks (lizards) around, even on the upper floor walls around the lights (smart little guys - more bugs there!) I've never had any problems with them or bugs in our room, ground floor or otherwise - of course, we usually visit in the Spring or Fall, so maybe there are fewer bug problems then. But, also, I live in the country - lizards, snakes, (nonpoisonous ones, anyway!), and bugs are not an issue for me.

No La Vie En Rose cocktail at F&G was safe!
I like La Vie en rose, too. It is my favorite slushy cocktail. I wish they had it all year round instead of just at F&G.

We stayed CL at WL and had a deluxe room with a nice view of Bay Lake. They have a great new pool bar/restaurant called Geyser Point, and I couldn't help but wonder if at some point HH will expand like this.
Geyser Point is really nice and it would be great if they could take advantage of the view of Crescent Lake the way they capitalize on the gorgeous Bay Lake view at wilderness Lodge.

I can report that there seems to be some decent construction (convention center wise) in the outskirts of the BC parking lot, but I think the way the building is angled, few if any rooms should be looking at it, but I could be wrong. It was such a tease to be there, but we'll be back for a long stay in August!
It looks like the construction is located near the service and convention areas and far from any guest rooms at either BC or YC.

thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye.
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. That is very sad. :(

Good morning!
Just wanted to post a mini-trip report and life update from last week.

My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and as a groomsman's gift, my future BIL flew his men down for a weekend in WDW. Their favorite place to stay is WL, and I'd stayed there as a teen with my parents, but my fiancee (who some of you know) had never. By staying at WL, we both have completed the rounds of staying at every deluxe resort. I crossed the finish line when we stayed at the Poly last summer. We had a nice hot weekend, and it was so good to be there when we don't usually get there. No La Vie En Rose cocktail at F&G was safe! We stayed CL at WL and had a deluxe room with a nice view of Bay Lake. They have a great new pool bar/restaurant called Geyser Point, and I couldn't help but wonder if at some point HH will expand like this.

We DID manage to sneak in some BC time as it was such a short trip, we widely shrugged Disney transport and Ubered everywhere. We decided the quickest way into Epcot was to go through the BC, so *Oh Well,* I guess we'll just have to spend some time there! I can report that there seems to be some decent construction (convention center wise) in the outskirts of the BC parking lot, but I think the way the building is angled, few if any rooms should be looking at it, but I could be wrong. It was such a tease to be there, but we'll be back for a long stay in August!

On a more personal note, the trip was great, but the return home was not. Our beloved Grace, the cat I've had for 11 + years took a big turn on the last day we were gone, and thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye. She'd been tentatively diagnosed with cancer in October, but had outlived her prognosis and was doing fine. She even had a clean round of bloodwork come back about 3 weeks ago. The vet was even questioning his own diagnosis, but then she started acting a bit funny before we left, but not so funny that we felt we couldn't go. She was also fine for most of the 72 hours we were away, but really took a plunge about 12 hours before we got home. I miss her, but I'm glad I got to see her to say goodbye, I'm glad she wasn't sick for long, and I'm glad I got to spend a weekend in my happy place before dealing with this loss. :flower3:

So sorry for your loss. Glad you made it home in time to see her.

Hey, guys! We will be at the BC soon, and I'm making room requests online. I posted a new thread before asking here. I thought maybe you all can help me.

We are booked standard, and want to be close to the lobby and SAB. Those options aren't available though to choose with online check-in. BUT "close to transportation" is. Can I choose that, and possibly get the room we want? TIA!

We decided the quickest way into Epcot was to go through the BC, so *Oh Well,* I guess we'll just have to spend some time there!

I did the same thing when staying at Animal Kingdom Villas a few years ago - took a cab to BC rather than taking the bus to Epcot. My BFF doesn't like Starbucks coffee, so we stopped in the Beach Club Marketplace before heading over to International Gateway. (If I were to do it now, I would uber rather than taking a cab, but that was before I had ever Uber'd.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter