Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

yes! the washer/dryer factor! Not that I'm a fan of doing laundry on vacation- BUT less face it - when your DH thinks a 6 day vacation only requires 2 pairs of socks and 3 pairs of underwear (yes that is what he packs) then you are going to be doing laundry no matter what anyway. This is going to be our first time in a regular room as we usually book a one bedroom DVC room and can't stress enough how great it was having a washer and dryer right in the room! So easy to throw in a load of laundry when DS is taking a nap.. But thank you for mentioning this - you just reminded me to go look on a map to find out where the laundry room is...:laundy:

We have a 19 day trip - there will be lots of laundry!!

Does anyone have experience or suggestions about the patios and ground floor rooms? Is this all moot, since it will be too hot to sit outside anyway, even in the mornings? :)
Thanks!
Most of the garden view rooms on the ground floor have patios that are adjacent to the sidewalk. Most of these rooms are located on the Epcot side of the resort. A lot of guests use this walkway to get to their rooms in the resort and in the villas building. This sidewalk is a short cut to the International Gateway. Unfortunately, most of these rooms are very close to the sidewalk and people can see into the rooms very easily. I would not like one of these rooms at all. The lagoon view rooms are set back and have more privacy.

My advice is to make a full balcony your only request. We have gotten the full balcony most of the time when making it our only request. :)

Had a similar experience with MK. It was so bad that it was actually the only negative thing we tweet at WDWToday. They responded pretty quickly and said it should never be a 30-45 minute wait for a bus but we found that to be the norm at Beach/Yacht for MK buses. It has gotten to a point that when we stay at Beach/Yacht we will Uber to the Contempo some days because of it. The worst part is just how other guests act. We waited for 30 minutes and got in line when the bus pulled up and a family of 7 came barrelling through everyone who waited so they could have a seat. We ended up having to stand even though we were the 2nd family at the bus stop.

My DH & I are staying at the BC in 3 weeks and are doing the KTTK tour. We need to check in at MK no later than 8:15am for the 8:30am tour. I was going to take the bus but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't.
What are the logistics of using Uber to the Contemporary? I thought I read somewhere that Uber drivers aren't allowed past the resort's guard gate unless the passengers have a reservation (resort or dining) at the resort. Where would the driver drop you off?

My DH & I are staying at the BC in 3 weeks and are doing the KTTK tour. We need to check in at MK no later than 8:15am for the 8:30am tour. I was going to take the bus but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't.
What are the logistics of using Uber to the Contemporary? I thought I read somewhere that Uber drivers aren't allowed past the resort's guard gate unless the passengers have a reservation (resort or dining) at the resort. Where would the driver drop you off?

They are allowed to drop off. Youcan either say you are meeting someone at the Contemporary or grabbing something from the shops there. I've never had an issue with my uber saying they are doing a drop off. Resorts are open to people not staying there so if a guard gives any issue then it shows their personal issues with Uber. The driver just has to show their ID to the guard but besides that there should be no issues.

Could you change ours? We are now doing a split stay between YC/GF so we will be at YC July 7-10. Thank you!

Edit - I quoted the wrong post. Was supposed to be the Be Our Guest one.

They are allowed to drop off. Youcan either say you are meeting someone at the Contemporary or grabbing something from the shops there. I've never had an issue with my uber saying they are doing a drop off. Resorts are open to people not staying there so if a guard gives any issue then it shows their personal issues with Uber. The driver just has to show their ID to the guard but besides that there should be no issues.

OK, thanks for the info!

Dee, can you please make a small change to our info on the Be Our Guest List? We are now staying BC Club Level (first time staying CL, we are stoked!).

EDIT: I mistyped earlier - we are staying at Yacht Club CL, not BC CL. Sorry @natebenma!
TIA!

Last edited:

I'm sorry to say that as of early last week there was no globe. Maybe it got reinstated after I left?

I just returned from a week a the Yacht Club on Sunday. The globe in the lobby hadn't been returned as of the day I left (two days ago from this post). But I have some additional information on the status of the globe. I was commenting on the missing globe to my girlfriend the day that we checked into the Yacht Club. We were coming down from our room to go out to our car, and came upon three Disney managers having a conversation in front of the entrance doors. Two were obviously listening to the other one as he spoke, and as we walked by, that gentlemen turned to us and said hello. I took the opportunity to ask him what had happened to the globe in the lobby. He explained to us that the globe was starting to have issues both moving and with the finish. He stated that it needed some maintenance and tlc, and that there really aren't any local companies that are able to do that work on a globe of that size. Therefore, he said that the globe had to be shipped a great distance away to have the work performed. I asked if it would definitely be returning and he said that indeed it would, and should be back within the next few weeks to it's place in the lobby. He was very confident in his story and was looking me directly in the eye the whole time he spoke to me, so I'd like to think that he was telling me the truth.

My girlfriend later in the week spoke with "AL", he's one of the greeters who stands in the lobby when you enter and is dressed in full nautical attire. We call him and the other gentlemen who does the same roll when AL's not there "the admirals"...:) My girlfriend asked Al what he thought about the globe being gone, and he stated that he believed that it needed a refreshing, but he felt that management probably just sent it onto storage and replaced it with the table and flowers that are there now. He didn't seem to believe that it would be coming back... but again that is probably just his opinion.

I will also make another post listing all of my positives and negatives of the newly refurbished rooms, as we stayed on the fourth floor in a newly refurbished room overlooking the pool and lake last week.

I just returned from a week a the Yacht Club on Sunday. The globe in the lobby hadn't been returned as of the day I left (two days ago from this post). But I have some additional information on the status of the globe. I was commenting on the missing globe to my girlfriend the day that we checked into the Yacht Club. We were coming down from our room to go out to our car, and came upon three Disney managers having a conversation in front of the entrance doors. Two were obviously listening to the other one as he spoke, and as we walked by, that gentlemen turned to us and said hello. I took the opportunity to ask him what had happened to the globe in the lobby. He explained to us that the globe was starting to have issues both moving and with the finish. He stated that it needed some maintenance and tlc, and that there really aren't any local companies that are able to do that work on a globe of that size. Therefore, he said that the globe had to be shipped a great distance away to have the work performed. I asked if it would definitely be returning and he said that indeed it would, and should be back within the next few weeks to it's place in the lobby. He was very confident in his story and was looking me directly in the eye the whole time he spoke to me, so I'd like to think that he was telling me the truth.

My girlfriend later in the week spoke with "AL", he's one of the greeters who stands in the lobby when you enter and is dressed in full nautical attire. We call him and the other gentlemen who does the same roll when AL's not there "the admirals"...:) My girlfriend asked Al what he thought about the globe being gone, and he stated that he believed that it needed a refreshing, but he felt that management probably just sent it onto storage and replaced it with the table and flowers that are there now. He didn't seem to believe that it would be coming back... but again that is probably just his opinion.

I will also make another post listing all of my positives and negatives of the newly refurbished rooms, as we stayed on the fourth floor in a newly refurbished room overlooking the pool and lake last week.
I believe the managers. I believe the globe will return. I believe it will return by the time I'm there.

I BELIEVE!!!! :tinker:

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping the globe will be back too! Am also looking forward to hearing about your experience with the rooms and refurb.

Hello! I will be at the BC in early September for my first solo vacation, Disney or otherwise! :) Super excited!

I have a garden view room booked. But I’m trying to decide whether to request ground floor or full balcony. I love to sit outside early in the morning with a book and coffee. And knowing only half of the rooms have full balconies, I thought a ground floor room with a patio would be the ticket.

However, in photos I have viewed, it appears some patios are not very “private.” It looks like the walkways are right there without a hedge or even grass to separate them. I also wonder about security at night (but know Disney is pretty great in that area.)

Does anyone have experience or suggestions about the patios and ground floor rooms? Is this all moot, since it will be too hot to sit outside anyway, even in the mornings? :)
Thanks!

Security and privacy were my reasons for not going with the ground floor I originally was thinking about. Not sure how the bushes are around the rooms as far as how large they are to help with privacy, or if they're bug magnets. I changed our on MDE a while back to balcony, can't wait to see what we get.

I believe that the rooms with a King bed have the walk-in shower, while some of the rooms with two Queen beds have the walk-in shower and some have the tub with shower head. The best idea is to request a room with a tub, explaining why the tub is important.

That week will be a great time to visit, as all of the Christmas decorations and displays will be in place. The YC's model railroad and the BC's rotating gingerbread carousel will surely catch your little guy's attention!

Thanks! I totally forgot that the resort will be decorated for Christmas. It's been years since I've been there over the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter