• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We will be staying at BC for the first time (2 bedroom villa) this March! Very excited! Sorry if I missed this info in the thread but if we want to try to avoid views of roof tops... what room requests should we put in? I see that there are rooms facing Epcot - can you see the fireworks from those rooms? Thanks!
If you are staying in the BCVs you don't have to worry about the roof top views that you may have seen for the BC or YC rooms. The villas are in a standalone building adjacent to the BC. I've attached a few views from rooms we've stayed in. The first two are from room 531 [woods view /spaceship earth] and the last one from room 516 [pool view]. The last picture gives you a broader perspective of the balconies for the villas.

IMG_0100_zpswzufpye8.jpg

[
P1010176_zpsjnyjok3i.jpg

P1000380_zpsytgchw4v.jpg

Checked into the yacht club yesterday. We were assigned room 3012. It's at the furthest end but very close to the stairwell that goes outside. We hung out at SAB yesterday and could hear and see the construction. They are tearing apart the top floor rooms near the gazebo. We could see some room with no balcony doors/windows, it was all open for construction. We stopped in the gift shop, half of it is blocked off. The CM working said they were putting in food and there would be a refillable mug station. That will be a welcome addition. There was also a note in our room that between 11am-3pm there could be times the water is turned off. Our room is very nice, everyone has been great. If I can answer anything let me know.
Thanks for the updates! Can you please ask if all of the guest rooms will still have full balconies, after all of the room construction is completed? The fact that about 99% of the rooms currently have full balconies is a major draw.

Enjoy your visit.

HELP! At YC now. No bounce back in room and concierge looked like a deer in headlights when I asked. Can someone give me the phone number to call (either in-room or otherwise)? Need today, checking out Friday.

Thanks

Katesdad

Thanks for the updates! Can you please ask if all of the guest rooms will still have full balconies, after all of the room construction is completed? The fact that about 99% of the rooms currently have full balconies is a major draw.

Enjoy your visit.
I don't believe the renovations will impact the structure of the YC, just the rooms and hallways themselves. A structural renovation would be a major undertaking. The balcony count should remain intact. I could be wrong though!

Hi all! Getting excited for our girls trip to YC on Mar 1-7!

Trying to understand what exactly will be under refurb during our time there, is there a post outlining the current and projected timeline? Sorry if I missed it, I tried reading but didn't find a summary.

Specifically will CL Lounge and rooms be renovated? And where will the pool construction be happening?
TIA :thanks:

Hi all! Getting excited for our girls trip to YC on Mar 1-7!

Trying to understand what exactly will be under refurb during our time there, is there a post outlining the current and projected timeline? Sorry if I missed it, I tried reading but didn't find a summary.

Specifically will CL Lounge and rooms be renovated? And where will the pool construction be happening?
TIA :thanks:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

I try to keep the first post on Page 1 updated with confirmed construction info.

I'm a tad bit behind (I'm actually ~Ninja's sidekick in her supervillain capers) but here's what I got:

We haven't seen a timeline (the timeline for the BC renovation is there somewhere, but I think this refurb is being done a little differently)
On-the-spot reports (I'll post that in a minute) report that the work will be done wing by wing, not floor by floor, so some of the CL rooms may be completed by the time of your trip. The Lounge was renovated about a year ago.

I think the quiet pools will be entirely closed while that work is taking place.

So far, all I have heard about work at Stormalong Bay is the pool slide.

From Post 1:

Winter Maintenance on Resort PoolsBeach & Yacht Club Resorts:

Stormalong Bay Pool Slide closed for refurbishment January 30 – February 10, 2017. The pool will remain open during this work.

Beach Club Resort: Tidal Pool closed February 20 – 22, 2017

Yacht Club Resort: Admiral Pool closed February 22 – 24, 2017

:goodvibes

Live updates from Katesdad yesterday

So, first impressions, not in renovated room at YC, room in great shape Renovation hot and heavy all around. Working on wing immedtiately to the right as you go out the door to the lake as well as the gift shop. Really disappointed with the way they are cutting Fittness and Fairings down in half. Bus stop at its usual place and time board working. Disney Springs is a joke. They now put you out at the end by Planet Hollywood and make you walk past upscale shops you see at your hometown mall before you get to the Disney stores. My credit card will attest that those Disney stores are still worth the hike. Took bus back to YC without any complaints on wait or time lost. Went across the lake to eat Italian at Trat (walked in without a reservation). I had grilled tuna, wife had lasagna and both were great. Topped dinner off with a gelato. Watched some street performers, had a characature drawing of the three grandkids done which turned out great. Now back at the YC decompressing. Tomorrow is pool and rest. No parks for us on this two day trip.
Katesdad

Okay, I paid for a garden view and asked for a gazebo view. NO UPGRADE asked for or given. I will take a picture in the daylight, but here is what I am looking at right now. I hear the fireworks and can see them through the bushes. The gazebo is out there but totally blocked by shrubs. If we were here for more than two nights, I would ask for a different room. Hey, someone has to take these rooms so the rest of you get the great views. Taking one for the team. By the way, we do have a light on the patio and I cannot turn it off.
Katesdad

If you are staying in the BCVs you don't have to worry about the roof top views that you may have seen for the BC or YC rooms. The villas are in a standalone building adjacent to the BC. I've attached a few views from rooms we've stayed in. The first two are from room 531 [woods view /spaceship earth] and the last one from room 516 [pool view]. The last picture gives you a broader perspective of the balconies for the villas.

IMG_0100_zpswzufpye8.jpg

[
P1010176_zpsjnyjok3i.jpg

P1000380_zpsytgchw4v.jpg

Thank you both! The pictures are extremely helpful - thanks!

HELP! At YC now. No bounce back in room and concierge looked like a deer in headlights when I asked. Can someone give me the phone number to call (either in-room or otherwise)? Need today, checking out Friday.

Thanks

Katesdad
Dial Ext. 8844 from in-room or call 407-939-1923 before your vacation at the world ends aka before 11:59 PM on your check-out date.

Dave

Checked into the yacht club yesterday. We were assigned room 3012. It's at the furthest end but very close to the stairwell that goes outside. We hung out at SAB yesterday and could hear and see the construction. They are tearing apart the top floor rooms near the gazebo. We could see some room with no balcony doors/windows, it was all open for construction. We stopped in the gift shop, half of it is blocked off. The CM working said they were putting in food and there would be a refillable mug station. That will be a welcome addition. There was also a note in our room that between 11am-3pm there could be times the water is turned off. Our room is very nice, everyone has been great. If I can answer anything let me know.

Oh, I hope the food and mug station are done before my May trip. That would be awesome!

Dial Ext. 8844 from in-room or call 407-939-1923 before your vacation at the world ends aka before 11:59 PM on your check-out date.

Dave
Hi! Can I use this number from any resort? (the 407number? probably not the extension?) We will be at the Poly this coming week but hoping for a bounce back to our beloved BC this September!!
Thanks!

Waaait? So no renovation at Ale & Compass? This would make me really happy.... :groom:

Hi! Can I use this number from any resort? (the 407number? probably not the extension?) We will be at the Poly this coming week but hoping for a bounce back to our beloved BC this September!!
Thanks!
The 8844 is a button on your in-room phone. You can 407 number from anywhere during "your" vacation. Just a note on what I think you are asking about.

A Bounce-Back offer is not limited to your exact resort, just call using either method and talk to the agent to see what resorts are available for your to select in September.

Dave

The 8844 is a button on your in-room phone. You can 407 number from anywhere during "your" vacation. Just a note on what I think you are asking about.

A Bounce-Back offer is not limited to your exact resort, just call using either method and talk to the agent to see what resorts are available for your to select in September.

Dave
Thank you for the info! Staying at the BC in Sept. regardless but crossing my fingers it will be offered :)

FYI- not sure if you are aware, but the Schofferhoffer grapefruit beer is showing at lots of places at the resort- club level lounge, Beaches & Cream, Crews Cup Lounge. I didn't check to see if you could get it at the Ale & Compass lounge or the Marketplace/Fittings & Fairings, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it there.

:drinking1
Very exciting! I did pick one up last summer in Ale and Compass. It is was a convenient pit stop while picking up a Frozen Sunshine for my kid. (Don't worry, I drink plenty of those myself.) Any Schofferhoffer fans out there who also love milkshakes? Try one. It is so good. I now have extra reasons to try to get into Beaches and Cream this summer. My 180 ADR date has passed, and B and C is the only thing I have booked. I have booked it for every possible date of my trip, though, which I have not pinned down. Got to have my bases covered, since I missed B and C on my last trip!

Interesting idea about taking the monorail to/from MK. Can you or anyone add some additional details comparing the time it takes, distance to walk, differences between using this route in the morning vs when coming home as compared to using the bus to/from the MK? Thanks so much!
I agree that the buses are best used if you go over at rope drop. We tend to go through Epcot midday. I would definitely allow at least 45 minutes, maybe more. The attraction of the trip, though, is that it is a journey, not direct. It is best punctuated with a stop at Poly for Dole Whip, or an impromptu order of Fish and Chips in England, etc.

page 771-773

Very helpful thank you!

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

We will be staying at BC for the first time (2 bedroom villa) this March! Very excited! Sorry if I missed this info in the thread but if we want to try to avoid views of roof tops... what room requests should we put in? I see that there are rooms facing Epcot - can you see the fireworks from those rooms? Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

The BCV building was an addition to the resort. It was built in the Cast Member parking lot and it sits behind and to the side of the BC resort. There are really no special views. Your best bet to not see roofs is to request a Woods View. These also are the rooms that may
have a view of the high Epcot fireworks. Epcot view is a view of Spaceship Earth etc. You can no longer request Epcot view.
Have Fun

I didn't know that. Thanks!

:thumbsup2

*snip* pictures

Thanks for the pictures!!! Would you mind adding them to the BCV room view and descriptions thread?

BCV room descriptions

Very exciting! I did pick one up last summer in Ale and Compass. It is was a convenient pit stop while picking up a Frozen Sunshine for my kid. (Don't worry, I drink plenty of those myself.) Any Schofferhoffer fans out there who also love milkshakes? Try one. It is so good. I now have extra reasons to try to get into Beaches and Cream this summer. My 180 ADR date has passed, and B and C is the only thing I have booked. I have booked it for every possible date of my trip, though, which I have not pinned down. Got to have my bases covered, since I missed B and C on my last trip!

WHAT?!?

I don't drink much, so I didn't check out the adult beverages available during my first meal at Beaches and Cream in October. That may have helped turn the meal around for us.

:drinking1

Page one! Dulp! I'm a dork :flower3:

Thank you for the wealth of info!

First, a big thank you for the phone number. Friends, I am here to tell you that Disney is not making it easy to get the bounce back. I called and got my land reservation for our 40th anniversary celebration (four days on the Dream then five nights YC-GV 12/08 - 12/13). Then went back to the concierge to asked about the BB offer. Again I was told none is available because there was no offer in the room. Folks, believe in the power of the DIS and all that Dee is doing.

Construction everywhere but didn't bother us one bit. For the record, I will wait and see on the Fittness and Fairing changes but I do not like them cutting the size of the store in half. Both wings around the gazebo upper floors are being worked on. Couldn't get any answers from the construction workers on timing . Guess I just didn't find the right one to ask. But as I said, not a problem for us.

Spent the day Thursday at SAB and the quiet pool here at the YC. DW would not let me clear towels off empty lounge chairs. Ended up on the terrace by the pool table. Nice location but no service for food or drinks. And here is a hot tub report, you will find the one at the YC quiet pool at 104 degrees and full of bubbles. Just had to put up with the sound of construction but that just reminded us we were on vacation and not working.

So, be careful what you ask for. I wanted gazebo view and apparently also mentioned king sized bed. Well,we got both. Here is my view of the gazebo.
Katesdad

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 120
Does anyone know if they are working on the whole 5th floor (CL) rooms now, or is just certain wings. Anyone have a YC CL reservation now or in Feb. I know one of our posters was moved to BC CL recently.

First, a big thank you for the phone number. Friends, I am here to tell you that Disney is not making it easy to get the bounce back. I called and got my land reservation for our 40th anniversary celebration (four days on the Dream then five nights YC-GV 12/08 - 12/13). Then went back to the concierge to asked about the BB offer. Again I was told none is available because there was no offer in the room. Folks, believe in the power of the DIS and all that Dee is doing.

Construction everywhere but didn't bother us one bit. For the record, I will wait and see on the Fittness and Fairing changes but I do not like them cutting the size of the store in half. Both wings around the gazebo upper floors are being worked on. Couldn't get any answers from the construction workers on timing . Guess I just didn't find the right one to ask. But as I said, not a problem for us.

Spent the day Thursday at SAB and the quiet pool here at the YC. DW would not let me clear towels off empty lounge chairs. Ended up on the terrace by the pool table. Nice location but no service for food or drinks. And here is a hot tub report, you will find the one at the YC quiet pool at 104 degrees and full of bubbles. Just had to put up with the sound of construction but that just reminded us we were on vacation and not working.

So, be careful what you ask for. I wanted gazebo view and apparently also mentioned king sized bed. Well,we got both. Here is my view of the gazebo.
Katesdad

Thanks for the info!

I am so sad to see that is your view. I know that you love to see the gazebo and that you suggest it to anyone who ever asks about YC garden views.

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter