Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That is funny. My question is, did it stop you? Or did you smile and continue? :rolleyes2 :tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes2.

We're leaving today and staying off site tonight. Then a one nighter at one of the new Poly Studio's. Then on to the BWV's Tuesday for 3 nights. Did I mention my wife enables my resort hopping. We once stayed at 4 resorts in a 9 day trip. She drew the line.

Then on to Castaway Cay double dip on the Dream......

Sounds like a fantastic vacation!

Tragical Depress and Resort Airline Checkin:

One important note about the Resort Airline Checkin- hours are limited. Not sure what time it opens in the morning, but from what I have heard, it closes promptly (at either noon or 1 pm, can't remember which).

The resort check-in desk's hours are 5:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., every day. Again, it can't be stressed enough that this non-Disney operation closes promptly at 1:00 p.m.; so, if you want to take advantage of it, it's important to be there with bags , I.D.s for all pax, and airline confirmation number(s), before 1:00 o'clock.

Since the lines can back up, it's also a good idea to allow enough time, prior to your scheduled ME pick-up time, so that you don't have to worry about waiting to check-in, while your motor coach is loading; they will not wait for you, if you are not ready to board, as they need to stay on schedule.

Last edited:
page 73-77

I wanted to share the story with y'all...
My sister and her Dbf of 9 years are down at WDW and are staying at WL.
They arrived yesterday, and the check-in desk said they had a surprise for them. They were whisked to the ROOF of WL, and while they overlooked all 4 parks, not to mention all of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, my sister turned around to find her Dbf down on one knee! Needless to say, she said yes, and if that wasn't enough, the WL staff gave them a little engagement gift....they upgraded them to the Yosemite (Vice-Presidential) Suite for the entirety of their stay (7 nights)!

Wowza right? :jumping1:

That is fantastic! Congratulations to your sister and her fiancé!

:love:

We arrived here today at the YC and the evenings activities were cancelled because of an evil storm that came in. We ended up with a king bed room on the first floor near a "secret entrance". Awesome view from the patio as we watched drenched poor souls run through the rain. They cleared the pool out at about 6p and stopped the beach activities shorty there after. Haven't heard if there will be any fireworks tonight but the storms so far have been intense.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Have you seen the pictures that are "storming" the internet of lightning hitting near Cinderella's castle that night?

Hope the weather improves for the rest of your trip.

:sunny:

Hi
We just moved out Christmas trip from WL to YC! The construction possibility (though if you read the threads it is going on now) got me looking and now we are really excited! We will be there from 12/20-126.
Tracy

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Just wanted to be sure that you know that room refurbishments will likely be happening at the Yacht Club at the time of your trip. We expect the disruption to guests to be minimal, but I would hate for you to be caught unawares. We update the very first post on Page 1 of this thread with construction updates when we get the news.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:)

Been trying to convince DH that a cruise is up next-although looking at 2017-less than a month and I have him past the eye rolling stage-progress right? Of course I want a Disney Cruise. Over New Years. (and I maybe, possible researching DVC Villas at BC for a precruise stay-but still too early to spring THAT on him right??)(and there is still rooms for this Christmas at BC with Free Dining...but I deny that I looked)

Love your plans!!! Mum's the word, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

:cool2:

Hi,

Anyone know what time buses start running to the parks from YC/BC in the morning?

Thanks!

:welcome: to this thread.

That's a great question, but unfortunately it is really difficult to get a straight or correct answer. I have been told "6:30" "7:00" "an hour before park opening" or "in time for pre-park opening breakfast reservations"

When is your trip?

I plan on going out early in the morning (like 6 am) when I am there in August to take note of which buses arrive and when.

:goodvibes

Aria finally got to be a mermaid. She asked for pink sand, but there was only so much we could do for her.
That is really cute. I bet Aria loved it. :)

my oldest DD has those curls-has her hair nearly to her waist and the curls are pulled into those long, ropy curls every '80's girls spent HOURS trying to achieve...
Oh my gosh - I spent hours trying to get those curl's into my daughters' normally straight hair. ;)

I just snagged $49 one way air fare for the two of us for our quick Aug weekend trip (at POR). I can't believe the airfares dropped that much. :woohoo:

Last edited:

I just snagged $49 one way air fare for the two of us for our quick Aug weekend trip (at POR). I can't believe the airfares dropped that much. :woohoo:[/QUOTE said:
Thanks Sue! I just saved another $60 on my husband's and my airfare for our Sept trip! I'm racking up the credits on SW! Now we have to plan another trip before they expire! :rolleyes:

That is funny. My question is, did it stop you? Or did you smile and continue? :rolleyes2 :tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes2.

We're leaving today and staying off site tonight. Then a one nighter at one of the new Poly Studio's. Then on to the BWV's Tuesday for 3 nights. Did I mention my wife enables my resort hopping. We once stayed at 4 resorts in a 9 day trip. She drew the line.

Sounds fun!! We can't wait for our Poly stay in August!!

Ladies I have had a minor planning disaster. I confess I use down moments at work to create my spread sheet for Disney trips, gives me the appearance of working vs staring into space lol. Anyway, the most up to date version of my plan that had all the emh, adrs booked, places I wanted to try when I didn't have and adr, FP options for booking in Oct, basically the whole game plan for my Dec trip is gone due to a ransonware attack!

I was online, my antivirus started going nuts and the next thing I knew a window popped up informing me all my files were gone unless I was willing to pay to get them back. I was terrified as this was a work computer, which actually saved me (but not my spreadsheet) in the end. The virus took all the stuff I had save on the work server, but not the stuff in the my document folder. By deleting my account, our tech got me back into my important to my job files on the server, but it took the stuff in my doc out. Had I been in less of a panic I could have saved it but it went with my account. Ugh!

Last edited:
Ladies I have had a minor planning disaster. I confess I use down moments at work to create my spread sheet for Disney trips, gives me the appearance of working vs staring into space lol. Anyway, the most up to date version of my plan that had all the emh, adrs booked, places I wanted to try when I didn't have and adr, FP options for booking in Oct, basically the whole game plan for my Dec trip is gone due to a ransonware attack!

I was online, my antivirus started going nuts and the next thing I knew a window popped up informing me all my files were gone unless I was willing to pay to get them back. I was terrified as this was a work computer, which actually saved me (but not my spreadsheet) in the end. The virus took all the stuff I had save on the work server, but not the stuff in the my document folder. By deleting my account, our tech got me back into my important to my job files on the server, but it took the stuff in my doc out. Had I been in less of a panic I could have saved

Oh no, that's terrible! As a retired (and now very out of date) IT Security person, this just makes my blood boil. If these people that perpetrate these crimes would apply themselves to something worthwhile as much as they do violating the rights of others, think how far they could go...

So sorry you lost all that...at least all your ADRs, other reservaitons, and park hours/emh are on the Dis website...and if you are anything like me, you can probably recite most of the rest in your sleep.

I save my planning spreadsheets often, and also back up to the cloud...is that foolproof? No, but I also print them out rather often, so I have paper anyway.

It's a pain to have to redo everything...but...it might not take as long as you think...

Good Luck!!

Ladies I have had a minor planning disaster..., basically the whole game plan for my Dec trip is gone due to a ransonware attack!

Malicious. I wonder if anyone actually figures out how to pay, then loses their identity to them too. One third of the book plans for our trip is in touring plans. The other two thirds are schedules and lists compiled from multiple sources that I have compared to confirm over the years. I should backup to a thumb drive once a year. I do email files from work to home, so I have them on multiple computers. I appreciate the warning. If you need any help getting information back into your plans, please ask.

Oh no, that's terrible! As a retired (and now very out of date) IT Security person, this just makes my blood boil. If these people that perpetrate these crimes would apply themselves to something worthwhile as much as they do violating the rights of others, think how far they could go...

So sorry you lost all that...at least all your ADRs, other reservaitons, and park hours/emh are on the Dis website...and if you are anything like me, you can probably recite most of the rest in your sleep.

I save my planning spreadsheets often, and also back up to the cloud...is that foolproof? No, but I also print them out rather often, so I have paper anyway.

It's a pain to have to redo everything...but...it might not take as long as you think...

Good Luck!!

Malicious. I wonder if anyone actually figures out how to pay, then loses their identity to them too. One third of the book plans for our trip is in touring plans. The other two thirds are schedules and lists compiled from multiple sources that I have compared to confirm over the years. I should backup to a thumb drive once a year. I do email files from work to home, so I have them on multiple computers. I appreciate the warning. If you need any help getting information back into your plans, please ask.

Thanks. I have a slightly incorrect version at home I can tweak. I had inadvertantly emailed the wrong one home which is why it isn't 100% right. I read somewhere that paying them is a convoluted process and your only optioms are to either pay or loose all your files. Almost everything I have is backed up, just in this case, I messed up the back up and didn't think I had to rush in fixing it. Lesson learned on several countd.

That is really cute. I bet Aria loved it. :)

Oh my gosh - I spent hours trying to get those curl's into my daughters' normally straight hour. ;)

I just snagged $49 one way air fare for the two of us for our quick Aug weekend trip (at POR). I can't believe the airfares dropped that much. :woohoo:

so jealous

I was online, my antivirus started going nuts and the next thing I knew a window popped up informing me all my files were gone unless I was willing to pay to get them back. I was terrified as this was a work computer, which actually saved me (but not my spreadsheet) in the end. The virus took all the stuff I had save on the work server, but not the stuff in the my document folder. By deleting my account, our tech got me back into my important to my job files on the server, but it took the stuff in my doc out. Had I been in less of a panic I could have saved it but it went with my account. Ugh!

My husband does computer work and has had this happen to a few of his clients. Even if you pay there is no guarantee they would give your data back to you.

We leave on 7/11 for a week at Anna Maria Island. I'll be there this Sunday and Monday and then won't be back until 719 and 7/20.
Feel better and you KNOW I am waiting impatiently for your AMI report. Enjoy!!

Have a blast!!!

O.k. I'm embarrassed to ask this since I've been going to WDW for over 30 years but here goes. I have an AP, first time I used it I stayed at POR and OKW so self parking was a must. Second time we stayed at AKV and BWV and since my DS is a disabled Navy vet with a bad back we decided to valet park. I booked the first leg of the trip AKV, with Disney, the second leg with Orbitz. I wasn't charged for the parking at AKV but was at BWV. My question. If you have an AP is valet parking if you are staying at the resort free? I know it is if you are just going for ADRs but can't figure out if they just didn't charge me at AKV. I will be at YC in late Sept./Oct. on a solo trip and while I don't mind self parking if I can get valet for free, why not? I self parked at BWV once and the hike from the parking lot to the room was almost like going to HS. Normally when with my DS and DIL we stay at BC/YC but valet park so I don't even know where the self parking is.

Does anyone know if they offer busses from DTD to Epcot? I know they used to. Then they stopped. Then I thought they tested something like this last year...but I don't know if it worked or not.

Does anyone know if they offer busses from DTD to Epcot? I know they used to. Then they stopped. Then I thought they tested something like this last year...but I don't know if it worked or not.

My last trip was Oct 2014 and they did not do it then. Your best bet would be to take a bus from DTD to an Epcot hotel and use the back entrance to access the park.

I swear on my 2011 visit we went from DTD to DHS, but I have read they stopped that in 2007....

O.k. I'm embarrassed to ask this since I've been going to WDW for over 30 years but here goes. I have an AP, first time I used it I stayed at POR and OKW so self parking was a must. Second time we stayed at AKV and BWV and since my DS is a disabled Navy vet with a bad back we decided to valet park. I booked the first leg of the trip AKV, with Disney, the second leg with Orbitz. I wasn't charged for the parking at AKV but was at BWV. My question. If you have an AP is valet parking if you are staying at the resort free? I know it is if you are just going for ADRs but can't figure out if they just didn't charge me at AKV. I will be at YC in late Sept./Oct. on a solo trip and while I don't mind self parking if I can get valet for free, why not? I self parked at BWV once and the hike from the parking lot to the room was almost like going to HS. Normally when with my DS and DIL we stay at BC/YC but valet park so I don't even know where the self parking is.

We have an annual pass and there is no free valet parking for your resort. Tables in Wonderland offers free valet parking at hotels or theme parks when you are there for dining.

I think they tested a bus from AK to DTD, but it didn't last long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter