• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Found this post over on the Beach Club View Thread:

Hi Ramona- sorry you did not get any response to this post. There is not as much traffic here as there is on the main FAQ board for the Yacht and Beach Club. I'll post your questions over there. Click on the link in my signature. The first page of the thread has a ton of info and pictures. Post 12 is all about club level and there is a link in that post that has info and some pictures of the Deluxe Rooms and Suites.

:goodvibes
Thanks to natebenma for moving my post. I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a 2-bedroom suite.

We were in Florida (Universal, 5 days) in Feb 2015 and it was really cold, colder than it typically is. We each had packed only one pair of pants so we ended up wearing those most days. We didn't have coats, but everyone but my youngest son had sweatshirts that we wore constantly. We ended up buying a pullover sweatshirt for my son on the 2nd day of the trip. Be prepared for weather that is all over the map.

:cold::sunny::umbrella:

We learned our cooler weather packing when we went two Christmas' in a row. First one was in the 40s and we all bought sweatshirts that we still wear today. Some of the warmest ones we own. The following year it was 80+ every day. Be prepared for everything.

Last edited:
hi all! Just curious for anyone who has stayed CL at BC recently. What are the afternoon offerings like? We stayed CL there a couple years ago but I don't think we ever made it there for the afternoon. With our upcoming summer stay, I just wanted to see what options BC has for our pool days. Thanks!

hi all! Just curious for anyone who has stayed CL at BC recently. What are the afternoon offerings like? We stayed CL there a couple years ago but I don't think we ever made it there for the afternoon. With our upcoming summer stay, I just wanted to see what options BC has for our pool days. Thanks!
Can let you know later today! We are getting ready to head to the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Everyone keeps telling me we are making a huge mistake, but we are going in June. We will be in Florida from the 6th to the 19th! We live in Arizona and don't know a lagoon from a drainage ditch so all this info helps me so much. It is weird looking at the Orlando map and seeing so much of it covered with water. I really appreciate the view pics! Thanks again!

Most of my trips to Florida have been in the summer. Two class trips in June, several trips in July and August. I am from the northeast, so the climate is similar in these two places, with a bit more humidity and definitely more regular thunderstorms in the afternoon.

It will be harder for you being from the west, but do your best to get to the parks as early as you can, take a break if you need to cool off and rest and then hit the parks again late.

Search "String bag theory" on this thread, the write-up is in either Post 13 FAQ or Post 14 Other Useful Information (this one I think) to describe how we deal with ponchos on our trips.

Many of the queues are comfortably air conditioned and the gift shops are of course. If your party splits up and you have to have a plan to meet up at a designated time, have the meeting place be inside some place where it is cool instead of waiting outside in the sun or even the shade.

Any other tips or words of wisdom out there for a summer trip???

:sunny:

I'll be interested in hearing when Kerry reports back.

Thanks for posting this question. I made several posts from my October trip (Regatta Lounge, YC), but have not yet linked them to the Club Level Post 12 on Page 1. I'll do that now.

From what I understand, the Yacht and Beach Club lounges have the same offerings.

Yacht Club Regatta Lounge, October 2016

Breakfast 7 am to 10:30, YC Regatta, Oct 2016

Light Snacks 11:30 am to 4 pm, YC Regatta

Hors d'oeuvres and Select Drinks 5 pm to 7 pm, YC Regatta

Desserts and Cordials

Hi! We stayed at the Beach Club for the Marathon and liked it so much we booked another stay at the Beach Club while we were still on property! We had a "standard" view but it was still nice! Maybe it's the luck of the draw but it wasn't much worse than the lagoon view club level room view we had at Yacht Club a while back. We liked everything about this place. Except the Marketplace should have opened earlier so we could get a coffee before the race :)
Question: Is the Yacht Club actually more convenient to the pool or is that my imagination? I had a very difficult time finding the pool, I think I was at one point walking on grass I shouldn't have been walking on when I tried to go out the front door of BC to get to the pool.

Just added another family to our August BC CL adventure! We now have our partners in crime from our 2013 trip going (just waiting for a confirmation number from the TA) so we have now confirmed THREE families of four and TWO families of three going! One more family of four on the fence. :). Taking ADR requests from all, and so far we have Le Cellier, BOG lunch, Boma, Sci Fi, Tutto Italia, and our only must have, first night massive Teppan Edo dinner. :) Our group of eight wants to eat together for sure. Going to be an interesting day in February when I try to get all the ADRs!! Suggestions continue to be welcome, and the lack of IPO continues to be cursed...

Found another stray post-

BCV friends: what is the bedding in the 2 bedroom villas?

Hi there! Does anyone know if all of the BCV 2-bedrooms have 2 queens now that they are newly renovated?

Hi-

I'm going to repost your question on the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ on the main resort board- more people are likely to it there, lots of Beach Club Villas experts there.

Click on the link in my signature.

Found another stray post-

BCV friends: what is the bedding in the 2 bedroom villas?

Hi-

I'm going to repost your question on the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ on the main resort board- more people are likely to it there, lots of Beach Club Villas experts there.

Click on the link in my signature.

Here's what the DVC website has [2 categories]. The Lock-off villa is a combo of a 1-bedroom and studio. I added "Dedicated" to the first description.

2-Bedroom Villa [Dedicated]:
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa:
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 pull-down bunk-size bed

Last edited:
We are at the Beach Club and are enjoying the beautiful weather. The afternoon snacks today included cookies, Swedish fish, chips, hummus, crackers and breadsticks along with lemonade, iced tea and the special Beach Club juice. My daughter-in-law and her friend enjoyed a glass of wine . Our rooms were all ready when we arrived at 1pm.

There was a bit of a glitch with our dinning plan being up loaded on all 3 of the rooms but it was very quickly fixed by a wonderful cast member, Drew.

Any questions please ask. I will check back frequently. I will say all the kids were so very excited this morning to see each other and the surprise on their faces was priceless.

Hey guys so I have stayed at the Yacht Club but it was several years ago and I was wondering if Yacht and Beach buses are still grouped up with Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin? Hoping it is not like that anymore.

Hey guys so I have stayed at the Yacht Club but it was several years ago and I was wondering if Yacht and Beach buses are still grouped up with Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin? Hoping it is not like that anymore.

No
YC/BC only share, other than maybe DS buses.

We are at the Beach Club and are enjoying the beautiful weather. The afternoon snacks today included cookies, Swedish fish, chips, hummus, crackers and breadsticks along with lemonade, iced tea and the special Beach Club juice. My daughter-in-law and her friend enjoyed a glass of wine . Our rooms were all ready when we arrived at 1pm.

Any questions please ask. I will check back frequently. I will say all the kids were so very excited this morning to see each other and the surprise on their faces was priceless.

How nice! I like that they have the hummus! I forgot about the BC special juice they have - so good! How fun for the kids to have such an exciting surprise!

page 767-769

No carpet in the updated rooms at YC? No! It's already totally loud in the rooms at this resort, with hall traffic echoing into the room. Not having carpet will make it even louder. On top of that, it's just not as comfy. We lived in a home without carpet in our master bedroom, and it is definitely not as comfortable. I understand it might be easier for Disney to keep clean, but I'd rather have old carpet. :( Can anyone who has been to YC very recently tell me if their room had carpeting? We are supposed to stay here in April.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I don't think we know for sure about the Yacht Club. We have seen samples of a couple of renovated rooms, but I am hoping these are just mock-ups to see what works and what doesn't.

On a related note- Does anyone know for sure if the actual renovation has started??? Are any of the wings or floors closed off?

I'm very excited for my first stay at BCV May 5th through May 10th! I'm looking forward to being so close to Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Hi! We stayed at the Beach Club for the Marathon and liked it so much we booked another stay at the Beach Club while we were still on property! We had a "standard" view but it was still nice! Maybe it's the luck of the draw but it wasn't much worse than the lagoon view club level room view we had at Yacht Club a while back. We liked everything about this place. Except the Marketplace should have opened earlier so we could get a coffee before the race :)
Question: Is the Yacht Club actually more convenient to the pool or is that my imagination? I had a very difficult time finding the pool, I think I was at one point walking on grass I shouldn't have been walking on when I tried to go out the front door of BC to get to the pool.

When is your trip?

The two entry points from the Beach Club involve either going through the hallways and exiting near the restrooms by Beaches & Cream or going out the back (lakeside door), walking to the path and getting to the entrance that way.

:thumbsup2

Do you have a trip booked? When?

As others have noted the buses are mainly just shared with YC/BC, rarely with the other EPCOT resorts.

:cool2:

page 767-769

When is your trip?

The two entry points from the Beach Club involve either going through the hallways and exiting near the restrooms by Beaches & Cream or going out the back (lakeside door), walking to the path and getting to the entrance that way.

:thumbsup2

:cool2:
We will be there from June 9-16. I was so lost, hobbling around on my post-marathon legs, looking for the hot tubs, eventually a lifeguard noticed me and had pity and asked if I needed help. Normally I don't mind but there were lots of stairs standing between me and the hot tubs that day :crutches:

So it looks like a trip this August won't work out, but we're definitely going next August. I'm so spoiled having been to Disney so often the last several years, by the time we go back in 2018, it will seem like it's been forever. On the plus side, we should be able to work in three days at Universal. And we'll be absolutely stroller-free. My youngest starts kindergarten this August, so I will be no longer paying for day care, either. Honestly, I could just put aside what I've been paying for that and it would probably cover the majority of the cost for our trip. I've been weighing the benefits of renting DVC points for a 2-BR villa versus booking two rooms at a discount (the discount I got for this August with my TA was cheaper with two rooms than the cost of renting points for a 2 BR villa). A deluxe room at Boardwalk wouldn't be that much more than a 2 BR villa, assuming similar discounts come out next summer. My kids are adamant the creepy clown pool isn't worth staying CL. I say it's my money, even though I sort of agree because I love the BC so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter