Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Glad you're having fun Dee!! My sister & her family are there now too & she thinks it's pretty crowded. They're still having a great time tho.

So I was on the Southwest website late Monday night & found an incredible deal for December - $109 to MCO & $60 back to Buffalo!! Those rates have been unheard of for years around here........ And we have those annual passes just sitting there waiting to be used again....... Plus there was a nice discount on a garden view room.......And I wanted to book a bounceback rate for our trip in May........ Sooooo.......we will be back at YC Dec 11 - 15!!! :cool1: Totally unplanned, spontaneous trip (for us anyway, we usually plan at least 8 or 9 months in advance)! Only 52 days away! Now I have to plan dining & fastpasses.

Yes, my DH totally indulges me, I'm really a lucky gal!! :goodvibes

Glad you're having fun Dee!! My sister & her family are there now too & she thinks it's pretty crowded. They're still having a great time tho.

So I was on the Southwest website late Monday night & found an incredible deal for December - $109 to MCO & $60 back to Buffalo!! Those rates have been unheard of for years around here........ And we have those annual passes just sitting there waiting to be used again....... Plus there was a nice discount on a garden view room.......And I wanted to book a bounceback rate for our trip in May........ Sooooo.......we will be back at YC Dec 11 - 15!!! :cool1: Totally unplanned, spontaneous trip (for us anyway, we usually plan at least 8 or 9 months in advance)! Only 52 days away! Now I have to plan dining & fastpasses.

Yes, my DH totally indulges me, I'm really a lucky gal!! :goodvibes

Definitely too serendipitous to be ignored! How fun!!!

I saw some talk a few pages back about discounts. Tried for a BC discount end of February into early March, but no standard rooms are available so sadly it looks like I'll miss staying at my favorite resort. Looks like we'll be doing hubby's favorite instead; Animal Kingdom Lodge. Does anyone know if it pays to keep trying? Might something open up at BC?

I saw some talk a few pages back about discounts. Tried for a BC discount end of February into early March, but no standard rooms are available so sadly it looks like I'll miss staying at my favorite resort. Looks like we'll be doing hubby's favorite instead; Animal Kingdom Lodge. Does anyone know if it pays to keep trying? Might something open up at BC?

Definitely keep trying! Lots of people changing resorts due to better promos at other resorts. Keep in mind, the BC current promo is, I believe 10%, compared to AKL at 25 - 30 depending on if youre using the GP promo or a pin code.

We checked in yesterday and are having a blast; MK wasn't too bad today in my opinion although Epcot this evening was pretty crowded though that's to be expected on a Friday night for F&W...

However between the power outage overnight hence the lack of hot water this morning getting ready to head out - and then the event going on at the beach this evening which is preventing my kids from being able to sleep because I can hear the DJ/music as if the radio was on full blast in our room - my love of the Beach Club have taken a bit of a hit the last 24 hours.

I totally understand some things are out of their control but the response I got from John at the front desk this evening left a lot to be desired. He's hoping the next 5 days brings the good ol' Beach Club magic back.

However between the power outage overnight hence the lack of hot water this morning getting ready to head out - and then the event going on at the beach this evening which is preventing my kids from being able to sleep because I can hear the DJ/music as if the radio was on full blast in our room - my love of the Beach Club have taken a bit of a hit the last 24 hours.
That would be tough to not have hot water in the morning. How long was the power out?

They had a big party on the beach when we stayed at the BC in February. We weren't that close to it and could hear the music in our room with the doors closed. The rooms that were close to it must have been blasted. At least it ended by 10:30pm. But the BC shouldn't let them play the music that loud.

That would be tough to not have hot water in the morning. How long was the power out?
Not sure honestly. When we work up at 630 we didn't have tv, wifi or hot water so I called down to the front desk to see what happened - they mentioned a power outage was to blame and they hoped to have it all back up and running by 8am.

They had a big party on the beach when we stayed at the BC in February. We weren't that close to it and could hear the music in our room with the doors closed. The rooms that were close to it must have been blasted. At least it ended by 10:30pm. But the BC shouldn't let them play the music that loud.
It's insane. We have a fantastic room overlooking the quiet pool (3515) close to the back exit/entrance from Epcot but it also looks right over the beach so we've been subjected to the music at ridiculous levels. Just crazy really.

Oh well tomorrow brings another day and we'll undoubtably have a great time!

We checked in yesterday and are having a blast; MK wasn't too bad today in my opinion although Epcot this evening was pretty crowded though that's to be expected on a Friday night for F&W...

I totally understand some things are out of their control but the response I got from John at the front desk this evening left a lot to be desired. He's hoping the next 5 days brings the good ol' Beach Club magic back.

Not sure honestly. When we work up at 630 we didn't have tv, wifi or hot water so I called down to the front desk to see what happened - they mentioned a power outage was to blame and they hoped to have it all back up and running by 8am.

It's insane. We have a fantastic room overlooking the quiet pool (3515) close to the back exit/entrance from Epcot but it also looks right over the beach so we've been subjected to the music at ridiculous levels. Just crazy really.

Oh well tomorrow brings another day and we'll undoubtably have a great time!

We checked out of the Yacht Club today. We got a letter in our room Thursday about the power outage due to electrical work from approx. 1 am to 4 am on Friday.

As you indicated, we experienced no hot water this morning and no internet or tv.

We saw them setting up for the party this afternoon. So sorry to hear that it is disruptive to guests. I have been in a similar situation once when my boys were younger. It was our last night in Jamaica and there was a very loud concert going on right below the room we were staying in. It was Sean Kingston recording a CD or video. It is no treat when this is going on while your family is trying to sleep!

:headache:

WP_20161021_093.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping that the (seemingly planned) power outage at BC is not expected again any time soon. I'm not a fan of cold showers, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter