Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Walked to Soarin and it was about a 15 min. wait, rode it The Land, Nemo and SSE then found the AP glass check in area,

AP glass check in area?? I thought the reports were that they would track your attendance when you entered the park. That just tapping in was all that was needed. We were there today but didn't check in anywhere. Planned
On going tomorrow & Friday to get the glass. Hope I didn't need to do anything today to prove we were there. :guilty:

AP glass check in area?? I thought the reports were that they would track your attendance when you entered the park. That just tapping in was all that was needed. We were there today but didn't check in anywhere. Planned
On going tomorrow & Friday to get the glass. Hope I didn't need to do anything today to prove we were there. :guilty:

You're all set. The proof is on your MB. I've bolded the key part of the statement. This is how the promotion reads:

Each time you visit the Festival, your annual pass or MagicBand will automatically track your attendance. Then, on your third visit, simply bring a valid photo ID along with your annual pass or MagicBand to Innoventions—located past the Electric Umbrella restaurant—to pick up your limited-edition tumbler glass!

You're all set. The proof is on your MB. I've bolded the key part of the statement. This is how the promotion reads:

Each time you visit the Festival, your annual pass or MagicBand will automatically track your attendance. Then, on your third visit, simply bring a valid photo ID along with your annual pass or MagicBand to Innoventions—located past the Electric Umbrella restaurant—to pick up your limited-edition tumbler glass!
Check in was the wrong words I found the area its in the innovations with colortopia there is an AP section with an area for picking up glasses and a small store. Yes they know how many times you've been there from your magic bands.

For those interested in the quiet pool area at YC they are just doing minor work on sidewalks. No problems. I was worried about if there was a hot tub or if I needed to go to the main pool but there is one at the quiet pool as well.

Thanks for the clarifying that. Last year you had to visit them three times and get a booklet stamped. This time is different, but a whole lot easier.

Check in was the wrong words I found the area its in the innovations with colortopia there is an AP section with an area for picking up glasses and a small store. Yes they know how many times you've been there from your magic bands.

Thanks both of you!! Glad I didn't mess up! Have a great trip Loves to dive! :goodvibes

Anyone have any pics from the water view rooms from the beach club? We've paid for a waterview upgrade and I'm just curious what we are in for...
Is it possible to request something in particular? Or as we already have a guaranteed water view would that be pointless? Thanks in advance for any help

Well I managed to swing a solo trip for February like I hoped! I will be back to Beach Club sooner than I thought!!! Please add me to the Be Our Guest List again for 2/2-2/7 at BC!! So excited to be going back once solo (I really need this solo trip!) and once with my sister, BIL and niece. :thumbsup2

I had a credit to use by February 17th with Southwest, so flights are booked! Official!

Last edited:

I wonder if they will limit AP holders to just one glass this year.

Also, anyone at the beach club now who can tell me about the bus stop? I've heard it's been temporarily moved. Can anyone explain where it is and how far away from the resort please?

Also, anyone at the beach club now who can tell me about the bus stop? I've heard it's been temporarily moved. Can anyone explain where it is and how far away from the resort please?
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-yacht-beach-club-resorts-information-questions-refurb-news-post-1.3400342/page-665#post-56427318

If you go back to this post on page 665 then you will see a picture of the temporary BC bus stop. I posted an aerial map with the new temporary bus stop and the regular bus stop circled. A few pages later I added a circle that marked where the YC bus stop was. There was some discussion about the bus stops in the next few pages.

:)

Well, we have been lucky with crowds & weather until 6:00 tonight. And then the rain came. And came. And came. :rotfl2:

Along with lots of thunder & lightening. We were headed to Epcot for a Soarin fastpass & dinner in Italy. Made it to the International Gateway, held there for about 20 minutes. Seemed to slow down so we decided to head right to Italy. Ha! Made it inside the park. Halfway up the bridge to France, it let loose again. Found an umbrella that is set up for Food & Wine. Waited another 15 minutes or so, then kept going as it slowed down.

The biggest problems we had were all the poor drainage on the walkways. There were several areas with inches of water. Many people were just taking their shoes off & carrying them. We finally made it to Tutto Italia, about 1/2 hour before our ADR. They sat us immediately. There was very loud thunder as we ate. By the time finished it had slowed down again.

We made our way back to the International Gateway, avoiding the puddles as best as we could. The Friendship boats weren't running due to the lightening. At the base of the bridge back to he resorts, was a mini lake! Seriously, from the concrete posts to about 3 feet from the boat dock was 6- 8 inches of water. Most people were trudging thru & it was mid calf. There was 1 drain at the bottom near us that my DH & I pushed debree from several times. We tried to wait for the water to go down, but it just wasn't happening. No Disney staff around for about 15 minutes, even tho the boat captains had to see the situation. A few cast members finally showed up & just stood there looking. :confused3 Guests were trudging thru all that water with lightening still going on. Then we heard the CMs talking- apparently one of the small boats at the dock the Disney people use was taking on water & sinking!

DH & I finally got tired of waiting & we did as several others had done & straddled the curb along the path until we were past the water. We were wearing our ponchos, so except our feet, we were pretty dry. It is just unbelievable that Disney doesn't have better drainage in some of these areas. I understand tropical rains, but really, a few more appropriately placed drains would help an lot. Disney pulls their cast members away from pools etc, when there is lightening, but they have guests walking thru all this standing water.

We're in a room facing the boat dock & have a few inches of water on the balcony too. Well, hopefully it'll be better tomorrow!
We had the same water issues last year in Epcot and AK which flooded so bad we were wading across the park to the buses in knee high water!! Not fun for anyone and parents had to scramble kids and abandon the strollers carrying them out of the parks desperately trying to keep them warm and dry. We got soaked through leaving the rest room near Dicovery Island and the Oasis was just a massive river. No fun for anyone and then the journey back on the bus was pure torture... The air conditioning was set to freezing we all had shivers and were desperate to cover up. Once we returned to the room everyone had to get out of their wet clothing dry off and try to warm back up. Even the balcony was drenched so no hanging anything out there to dry. That laundry line in the bathroom was packed for days. Glad you survived that weather in good spirits and made the best of it;)

Good morning!!! I am visiting WDW with a friend in December and we have reservations required at the Beach Club. Can you still request turn down service if you are not staying CL? I remember that we could request it at deluxe resorts on previous trips.rr

Anyone have any pics from the water view rooms from the beach club? We've paid for a waterview upgrade and I'm just curious what we are in for...
Is it possible to request something in particular? Or as we already have a guaranteed water view would that be pointless? Thanks in advance for any help

:welcome: to the thread!

There is a post on the Resorts Community subforum with a sample of room views and descriptions that guests have provided, indexed by view category.

Beach Club Room Views

You can certainly request something specific "Boardwalk view, please" "Stormalong Bay view" rather than "Nice view, please". The room assigners will do their best to honor your request, but requests are always subject to room availability at the time you check in.

:)

News and pictures about the bus stop relocation and any other relevant information about current items of note at the resort can be found in the first post on page 1 of this thread. I do my best to update as soon as I learn about a change.

I am not sure about the time/distance from the BC lobby to the temporary bus stop. Could someone there now let us know?

TIA

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
page 675-676

We will be booking in a couple months for our August 2017 trip. Do all the first floor rooms have a patio or will that need to be a special request if we choose first floor as one of our options?

I think most, if not all, first floor rooms have a patio. I suggest you add a room request "First floor room with patio, please" by phone to your reservation when you make it in addition to selecting first floor on the online checkin.

Arrived at YC around 8:30 this am. My room wasn't ready but I didn't expect it to be. Stored my luggage with BS and off to Epcot. There was a slight line at IG but not bad, maybe 10 min. I wish they had a no bag line, as I didn't have bags, but since I got there at just about rope drop I'm not complaining. Walked to Soarin and it was about a 15 min. wait, rode it The Land, Nemo and SSE then found the AP glass check in area, went to Festival Center and looked around, wandered around WS until my 1 food and wine pairing meal at Spice Road Tables. Excellent meal, more food and wine then one little woman could consume. I got my room ready text around 10. Pictures posted above. After my meal walked back to the resort to find my room and am resting a little until I head out again. Not sure what I'm doing this afternoon/evening but I'm sure food and wine will be involved. YC is perfect as always. I did notice that I wasn't greeted by name when I walked into the lobby like they used to but other wise my room is great and CMs are great as usual. I'll probably explore a little now to find the closest stairs to my room and find where the quiet pool is in relation to my room.

Wow! Great room. Thanks for your report!

:goodvibes

For those interested in the quiet pool area at YC they are just doing minor work on sidewalks. No problems. I was worried about if there was a hot tub or if I needed to go to the main pool but there is one at the quiet pool as well.

Thanks so much for the clarification of the work near the YC quiet pool.

:fish:

Well I managed to swing a solo trip for February like I hoped! I will be back to Beach Club sooner than I thought!!! Please add me to the Be Our Guest List again for 2/2-2/7 at BC!! So excited to be going back once solo (I really need this solo trip!) and once with my sister, BIL and niece. :thumbsup2

I had a credit to use by February 17th with Southwest, so flights are booked! Official!

:welcome: back!!!

YAY!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Good morning!!! I am visiting WDW with a friend in December and we have reservations required at the Beach Club. Can you still request turn down service if you are not staying CL? I remember that we could request it at deluxe resorts on previous trips.rr

Good question!

I don't know the answer, or if there is a new policy in place prohibiting the housekeepers from doing the turndown on standard rooms like they have for the towel creations*. I suspect that this is one where the answer can change based on the situation. It can't hurt to ask, if the resort or the housekeeping staff is not super busy, then they may honor your request. Call housekeeping when you get there. Or leave a note for the housekeeper - however if they are not supposed to do it, then probably not good to ask them to go against the rules.

*Oh, umbrella/mushroom/stingray, you are missed...

:rotfl:

We went from the entrance to the bus stop last weekend. Much further than I thought. We rode a golf cart (there were two waiting outside - just ask the CM standing next to them). Probably took about a minute or two via golf cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter