Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We arrived! We're staying CL. I had to ask for someone to bring us up & ck is in, but no biggie. There's a paper in room about the bus stop. I took a pic of it & room.

More pics
For some reason I can't upload pic of view. We have an awesome view of SAB. So happy.

:welcome: home!

Thanks so much for the pictures. I am so glad to hear you are happy with your view.

Enjoy your trip.

:goodvibes

For those who have used Uber at the Beach Club - where do you have them pick you up?

I had one not show up at Port Orleans Riverside so I'm not sure if I'm going to use a taxi or uber to and from Animal Kingdom - I was going to rent a car but realized AK is the only park I'd use it for so it wasn't worth the cost.

My trip is only 10 days away!

Well we just got home from our fabulous trip. We are so sad, but it was truly amazing. We LOVED the BC and we are ready to book for the same week next year and we are returning. Everyone was right... We fell in love with the resort and that smell in the lobby is amazing!!!! This trip was all about my 17 month old niece, and let me just say, you are never too young to go to WDW! She had an absolute blast and the CM's, guests and characters loved her and had so much fun with her. We did everything this trip, when we thought it would be difficult with a toddler, but we brought her on everything and she wasn't scared of anything and we utilized rider swap when needed. We loved our rooms and the location was perfect - right by the lobby on the ground floor. I want to stay at BC again for SAB alone! We spent every afternoon there for our break. After Labor Day, the pool was empty (parks were too!). The slide is so much fun. I think the only complaint I have is the ability to hear noise in your room from next door. We had to stuff towels under the conjoining door because it sounded like the family next to me was in my room lol. We really wish that the Marketplace had more lunch/dinner choices but we did have lunch at Hurricane Hannas. We were tired of eating flatbreads after day 3 lol. Mousekeeping was awesome and cleaned our rooms in the morning while we were at the park. They were done and cleaned for us to come back for our break, and it was nice for the baby if a nap was needed. My niece loved chatting with the CM's and other guests. Last night she couldn't stop talking to the CM at the Movie under the stars. It was adorable.

We were nervous about the transportation at BC but I must say, this was the best transportation experience we've ever had in all of our stays in WDW. The boat to DHS was either there waiting or just pulling up when we needed it. The buses were always there within minutes of us getting to the bus stop or coming in a few minutes and the screen with the times was very accurate. We loved the walk to Epcot. We just couldn't believe how great the buses were. Even sharing with YC, we never had to stand and we were never packed in like sardines. The buses were always empty it seemed. That was a huge plus this trip. The BC bus stop wasn't moved, but I know it will be temporarily soon, so I am glad we missed that since the buses are in a great location currently.

Edited to add: We had 3 rooms this trip but only my sisters room had the bug repellant spray. My room and my parents room did not, but we just used the one in my sisters room.

You can add us to the Be Our Guest list for next year! We are going Sept 3-12, 2017 and staying at BC again.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 193633 image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

We are staying at BC Oct 1-8 and have several MK days planned, plus 2 Halloween parties. Will it be a far walk to the temporary bus stop location? Seems far if they say they'll have shuttles! I'm not too happy about this news. I booked this trip almost a year ago and I'm sure there is no availability elsewhere. :( someone reassure me??

We are staying at BC Oct 1-8 and have several MK days planned, plus 2 Halloween parties. Will it be a far walk to the temporary bus stop location? Seems far if they say they'll have shuttles! I'm not too happy about this news. I booked this trip almost a year ago and I'm sure there is no availability elsewhere. :( someone reassure me??
It is hard to say how far it is since it hasn't been opened yet. Hopefully there will be some reports from guests staying at the BC before we arrive on October 1st. But from the map it does look like it is about twice as far as the current BC bus stop.

But to put it all in perspective, the distance to the temporary bus stop looks like it might be just as far as the distance between the BC lobby and the Yacht Club boat dock. :)

We arrived! We're staying CL. I had to ask for someone to bring us up & ck is in, but no biggie. There's a paper in room about the bus stop. I took a pic of it & room. View attachment 193588View attachment 193589
Thanks for posting the notice about the temporary relocation of the bus stop. The notice states that a golf cart type of shuttle will be available between 7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.-midnight. That leaves eight hours with no shuttle service - when a lot of tired guests will be returning to the BC, after a long day at the parks. It's also during a time when many will be headed out for dinner or an evening at the parks.

If they believe that the shuttle is warranted during the stated hours, why shouldn't it be provided all day long?

It just might be a better choice for BC guests to utilize the YC bus stop...especially in bad weather, or if no shuttle is available.

Well we just got home from our fabulous trip. We are so sad, but it was truly amazing. We LOVED the BC and we are ready to book for the same week next year and we are returning. Everyone was right... We fell in love with the resort and that smell in the lobby is amazing!!!! This trip was all about my 17 month old niece, and let me just say, you are never too young to go to WDW! She had an absolute blast and the CM's, guests and characters loved her and had so much fun with her. We did everything this trip, when we thought it would be difficult with a toddler, but we brought her on everything and she wasn't scared of anything and we utilized rider swap when needed. We loved our rooms and the location was perfect - right by the lobby on the ground floor. I want to stay at BC again for SAB alone! We spent every afternoon there for our break. After Labor Day, the pool was empty (parks were too!). The slide is so much fun. I think the only complaint I have is the ability to hear noise in your room from next door. We had to stuff towels under the conjoining door because it sounded like the family next to me was in my room lol. We really wish that the Marketplace had more lunch/dinner choices but we did have lunch at Hurricane Hannahs. We were tired of eating flatbreads after day 3 lol. Mousekeeping was awesome and cleaned our rooms in the morning while we were at the park. The were done and cleaned for us to come back for our break, and it was nice for the baby if a nap was needed. My niece loved chatting with the CM's and other guests. Last night she couldn't stop talking to the CM at the Movie under the stars. It was adorable.

We were nervous about the transportation at BC but I must say, this was the best transportation experience we've ever had in all of our stays in WDW. The boat to DHS was either there waiting or just pulling up when we needed it. The buses were always there within minutes of us getting to the bus stop or coming in a few minutes and the screen with the times was very accurate. We loved the walk to Epcot. We just couldn't believe how great the buses were. Even sharing with YC, we never had to stand and we were never packed in like sardines. The buses were always empty it seemed. That was a huge plus this trip. The BC bus stop wasn't moved. I know some people were wondering and I was before we arrived.

You can add us to the Be Our Guest list for next year! We are going Sept 3-12, 2017 and staying at BC again.

Will do!

Thanks so much for your review. So glad to hear you had a fantastic trip.

Question for you- you have a picture of the whirlpool in SAB. Was the feature working? Last report I heard was from a guest who said the current was not going around and around.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Question: Anyone who recently stayed at BCV have you received the coupon/check in booklet and did it have DisneyQuest passes? Before our last trip we heard it was closing beginning of 2016 but haven't heard it has closed or date to close. On our upcoming trip we would like to go there again and hope to have two free passes for the four of us.

I am very excited to say please add me back the BOG list. October 8-12 BC ( my 50th birthday )

A few ( let's be real this thread moves fast - a bunch of pages ) I said I had to cancel ( actually canceled in April but was in denial ) last week DH was feeling guilty ( his conference was why we canceled ) and said lets try and work it out it out to go. I first say no way - you can't plan a WDW trip a little over 30 days out . I am a book my adrs at 180 days exactly and fast pass at midnight 60 days out kind of planner . But fate intervened , I was looking on WDW info for mvmcp dates thinking lets go in December when I find an article about can you really plan a last minute trip ???? So I thought , lower my expectations and this can work. 32 days out I booked POFQ - which I like and only deluxe availability was GF villas - but in the back of my head I was really wanting YC or BC. I check 29 days out and low and behold all EPCOT area available. YC is my favorite but went BC this trip ( already renovated) DH hasn't been to any of the EPCOT area ( most trips below are with sons and my parents ) so very excited to show him how convenient and nice they are . I was also pleasantly surprised at my options for fast passes and adr. Granted nothing that was high demand but still plenty to choose from .

We booked a standard view magical deal for our upcoming trip and all these recent stories make me a little nervous. I know that I can only expect to get exactly what I booked, a view of the rooftops. This is our fir
For those who have used Uber at the Beach Club - where do you have them pick you up?

I had one not show up at Port Orleans Riverside so I'm not sure if I'm going to use a taxi or uber to and from Animal Kingdom - I was going to rent a car but realized AK is the only park I'd use it for so it wasn't worth the cost.

My trip is only 10 days away!

We used uber multiple times at BC last month. It works well. We had them pick us up at the front door/lobby entrance. The uber app shows you how many minutes away they are when you request an uber. It is MUCH cheaper than a cab. We used for Disney springs a few times and also an early breakfast at Ohana.

I am very excited to say please add me back the BOG list. October 8-12 BC ( my 50th birthday )

A few ( let's be real this thread moves fast - a bunch of pages ) I said I had to cancel ( actually canceled in April but was in denial ) last week DH was feeling guilty ( his conference was why we canceled ) and said lets try and work it out it out to go. I first say no way - you can't plan a WDW trip a little over 30 days out . I am a book my adrs at 180 days exactly and fast pass at midnight 60 days out kind of planner . But fate intervened , I was looking on WDW info for mvmcp dates thinking lets go in December when I find an article about can you really plan a last minute trip ???? So I thought , lower my expectations and this can work. 32 days out I booked POFQ - which I like and only deluxe availability was GF villas - but in the back of my head I was really wanting YC or BC. I check 29 days out and low and behold all EPCOT area available. YC is my favorite but went BC this trip ( already renovated) DH hasn't been to any of the EPCOT area ( most trips below are with sons and my parents ) so very excited to show him how convenient and nice they are . I was also pleasantly surprised at my options for fast passes and adr. Granted nothing that was high demand but still plenty to choose from .

YC is our favorite too BUT we loved BC last month. We had a convenient room at the BC on the first floor (near secret exit) and not terribly far from marketplace. We will choose YC next year (IF the renovations are done or close to done) as we usually set up camp at the pool on the kiddie pool side, which is closer to the YC side of the resort and we love the fact of getting a full size balcony, just love the YC a little more. BC is a close second though and I find we are in the minority and most choose BC if possible over the YC. You will have a great time! Happy birthday!

I book ADRs tomorrow for our first stay at Beach club....any must do's for restaurants other then cape may and beaches n cream??
Try Il Mulino at The Swan. If you like Italian, the food and service were phenomenal. Best Italian restaurant on property in my opinion.
I completely agree with Il Mulino. We just ate there the end of Aug. for the first time and were blown away. Booked again for Nov :thumbsup2

We booked a standard view magical deal for our upcoming trip and all these recent stories make me a little nervous. I know that I can only expect to get exactly what I booked, a view of the rooftops. This is our fir

Maybe you will get lucky, we booked the standard room deal and when we got there got a lagoon view room. It's the luck of draw there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter