Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any word on how long it will be relocated for?
I have no idea. There was a very friendly, managerial-looking cast member overseeing the workers putting up the temporary structure and I just asked him briefly what it was for and he told me the bus stop was moving on Sunday for construction. Hopefully not for too long but you never know. Bad timing with F&W and the holiday season approaching, but we shall overcome, as always!

Last edited:
Same here! Can't wait!!!!
Us too! Our bands just arrived. We will be checking in to the BC bright and early October 1. Food & Wine, I believe, is the only "event" we haven't experienced, so we decided to go for it and splurge on a long weekend at the BC, staying for 3 nights. Waiting impatiently for the festival to start so I can begin reading the reviews of the booths. Love knowing ahead of time what I want to try, like we do for Flower & Garden.

I'm glad we booked in the Spring, I know the BC sells out quickly during this event...I have read and heard through a TA friend that the resorts are close to 100% capacity through the next two months!

And in more than 15 stays at the BC since 2003, I have NEVER noticed the false elevator!!!! I can't wait to take pictures and show my kids.

Us too! Our bands just arrived. We will be checking in to the BC bright and early October 1. Food & Wine, I believe, is the only "event" we haven't experienced, so we decided to go for it and splurge on a long weekend at the BC, staying for 3 nights. Waiting impatiently for the festival to start so I can begin reading the reviews of the booths. Love knowing ahead of time what I want to try, like we do for Flower & Garden.

I'm glad we booked in the Spring, I know the BC sells out quickly during this event...I have read and heard through a TA friend that the resorts are close to 100% capacity through the next two months!
Our MB's arrived this week and we are checking in on Oct 1st, too. :) We booked this reservation back in February and even back then the BC was full for certain dates in October.

I have no idea. There was a very friendly, managerial-looking cast member overseeing the workers putting up the temporary structure and I just asked him briefly what it was for and he told me the bus stop was moving on Sunday for construction. Hopefully not for too long but you never know. Bad timing with F&W and the holiday season approaching, but we shall overcome, as always!

Thanks for the info. We are at the Villas at the end of the month. So maybe shorter walk for us.

Natebenma or anyone else - With it being my wife, 2-1/2 year old daugther and myself should I ask for a room with a king bed since we will also have a pack and play? Will it give me more room than a room with (2) queen beds since we will also have a pack and play? Also, will I still be able to get a room with a great boardwalk view with a king bed? Is there multiple rooms with a king bed and a good boardwalk view? What would you recommend?

Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Beach club! This was our first time staying at an Epcot resort. I can honestly say after 20 years of staying at all the moderates and Deluxe MK area resorts I have found a new favorite. I mean no other Disney resort can touch SAB and it was a joy coming back from the parks everyday just to swim in that pool. I love the sand area it was a godsend to my aching feet everyday. And the multiple hot tubs and lazy river was a joy. I will be booking again and will try the Yacht club next year. The magical deal price we got for the BC was icing on the cake as well. Also I highly recommend standard rooms from 3711-3717. We were in 3711 and had full balcony and a day bed. And even though we overlooked a roof we still had a very nice view of SAB and the lagoon beyond the roof. Any of the rooms on this side should have the same view and all had full balcony. Great deal for a standard view room.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Just up the thread, BriLam mentioned that the smell from Cape May is noticeable in the hallways above and nearly above the restaurant. Did you experience this in the halls or your room?

page 662-663

Just returned from a very quick visit to the YC, booked as a magical standard view room.

The Magical Express was super quick - arrived at YC one hour after touchdown. Two stops before YC... only CBR and BWI - no BC!

*snip*

Sorry for long report; here are some photos from visit...maybe more to follow.

Thank you for the very detailed report, especially your room description.

May I add this to the YC Room Views thread?

:goodvibes

Yes of course, use what you want. If you need me to send the pictures to you another way I can, whatever is easiest for you.

No, that is great! I can just link your post and/or copy your pictures into my files.

Thank you!

:thumbsup2

Just home from a long weekend at BC, for the first time.
It was supposed to be grown ups only, but the kids ended up needing to come last minute.

We really loved the resort. (The Boardwalk and Poly are our normal "go-tos"). The pool was awesome. A little overwhelming with it being so spread out and our kids being all ages, but we managed. The bar outside was great and we enjoyed dinner poolside one night. We enjoyed a Mickey Pants sundae at the take out window at Beaches and Cream.

Thinking of returning for spring break. Thank you for all of the tips in this post!

Thank you for letting us know about your trip. So glad to hear you loved the resort!

::yes::

Wanted to give a huge shout out to Matt at B&C for helping us celebrate DD's birthday last weekend (and for presenting DS with an unbirthday button to calm his jealousy!). After much debate, we decided we didn't have room for a kitchen sink and opted for Mickey pants instead. We were able to customize our flavors and toppings, and they still did the big "show" presenting it to her and wishing her a happy birthday (which embarrassed the crap out of her and I loved it!!!)

So cute!!!

:flower1:

First stay at BC for Christmas (12/24-1/1)

EXTREMELY EXCITED! It's our first BC stay and first time staying at a Deluxe Resorts. Our friends, DVC members at Boardwalk, said once you go Deluxe, it's very hard to turn back.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:santa:

Thank you for the very detailed report, especially your room description.

May I add this to the YC Room Views thread?

Dee, please use any of the information you think might be helpful. I believe there are more room photos, which I'll try to post.

Thanks for organizing and taking reign of everything; your efforts make it so much easier for all of us to learn anything we want/need to know about YC/BC!

page 664

To start off, thanks again to everyone for their assistance in this thread as we planned our trip.

I wanted to follow up with some quick thoughts on our experience at the Beach Club from S, 8/27 to S, 9/3. Overall, we had a really great time with some minor negatives as to be expected for any trip.

*snip*

In short, it wasn't my favorite resort, but we had a tremendous time and absolutely would stay there again. We already miss the place!

Thanks for reading.

Thank you very much for your detailed and honest review. May I add a link to it in the review section, and the comments about your room into the BC View Room description thread?

Please share your thoughts about the resort when you receive the email survey.

Hi all, I've booked 2 weeks at Yacht Club for October 2017, Im staying at AOA in 60 days but I can't help be more excited for next years trip after following along with this thread :teeth:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Just back from a short day trip to WDW and we drove over to YC to have lunch at Crews Cup, which we have done several times. We had a short conversation with the gate guard who advised us that both the YC and BC parking lots are closed to anyone except guests of those two resorts, those with dining reservations or people who are valet parking. The explanation was that they are doing construction work which permanently eliminated a lot of parking spaces in both parking lots. Since we are TIW cardholders, and valet parking is included with that, we were allowed in (good thing - we were both hungry!). As we drove from the gate to the front entrance of the YC, you could see that the parking lots were pretty packed.

So I guess the "take-away" from this is that if you are resort hopping, you might want to use the buses or boats, otherwise you will probably be turned away if driving. Even if you are staying there or have a dining reservation, you may not be able to find a parking space, except for valet ($25).

Just wanted to pass this info along........

Thanks for the heads up!

::yes::

Have loved reading this thread! Can you add us to the march group? My husband and I will be there from the 4th to the 10th at the Beach Club.

Sure will!

:woohoo:

Lurker here... What makes The BC a better choice than the YC or vice versa. I am always coming back to doing a split stay for my trip next summer. What makes you pick one over the other?

Thanks for the replies!

Hope you got the answers you were looking for between others comments and reading the info on Page 1.

YC may be undergoing room refurbishments next summer. The work is expected to start at the end of October. Not sure when it will be completed, but I would think it will be quite far along next summer.

I will be staying at the YC for the first time in October. I prefer the lighter, blue décor at the BC to the darker wood at the YC. But having the full balconies at the YC is a definite draw for me.

Please let us know if you book a stay here.

Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Beach club! This was our first time staying at an Epcot resort. I can honestly say after 20 years of staying at all the moderates and Deluxe MK area resorts I have found a new favorite. I mean no other Disney resort can touch SAB and it was a joy coming back from the parks everyday just to swim in that pool. I love the sand area it was a godsend to my aching feet everyday. And the multiple hot tubs and lazy river was a joy. I will be booking again and will try the Yacht club next year. The magical deal price we got for the BC was icing on the cake as well. Also I highly recommend standard rooms from 3711-3717. We were in 3711 and had full balcony and a day bed. And even though we overlooked a roof we still had a very nice view of SAB and the lagoon beyond the roof. Any of the rooms on this side should have the same view and all had full balcony. Great deal for a standard view room.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Look forward to hearing that you plan on booking at the resort again!

May I add your comments about this block of rooms to the BC View/Room Description thread?

Do you happen to have any pictures of the view? If so, can you post them here, or email them to me to post. My email that I use for this thread is beachclubdee at yahoo.

:cheer2:

page 665

Another trip booked for 2017. - Dee please add me for 13th October 2017 for 8 Nights at BC :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Our MB's arrived this week and we are checking in on Oct 1st, too. :) We booked this reservation back in February and even back then the BC was full for certain dates in October.

:(

Natebenma or anyone else - With it being my wife, 2-1/2 year old daugther and myself should I ask for a room with a king bed since we will also have a pack and play? Will it give me more room than a room with (2) queen beds since we will also have a pack and play? Also, will I still be able to get a room with a great boardwalk view with a king bed? Is there multiple rooms with a king bed and a good boardwalk view? What would you recommend?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the 2018 Be Our Guest list. Which month?

From what I understand, there are limited king beds throughout the resort, but I don't know how many.

I know your priority is the Boardwalk View, so you should request "Boardwalk View, please. King bed if possible"

:)

Dee, please use any of the information you think might be helpful. I believe there are more room photos, which I'll try to post.

Thanks for organizing and taking reign of everything; your efforts make it so much easier for all of us to learn anything we want/need to know about YC/BC!

Thanks for the kind words and helping to add to the info archives for the resort.

Last edited:
page 664

Thank you very much for your detailed and honest review. May I add a link to it in the review section, and the comments about your room into the BC View Room description thread?

Please share your thoughts about the resort when you receive the email survey.

Of course! Feel free to use whatever you'd like.

I struggled with not sounding too negative. The bad things always seem to come off worse when writing and the good doesn't necessarily shine through as much sometimes. We really did have a great time, just some minor snafus!

View attachment 193194
I'm trying to picture exactly where this is. I found an aerial map and I circled the current BC bus stop in pink. Is the new temporary bus stop where I circled in yellow?

Out of curiosity, where is the YC bus stop on this map?

Off to meet the kids in my fall preschool Farm Friends class. Can't wait to introduce them to Sukey the horse, Roger the donkey, Big Dave and Alfie the pigs, the goats, sheep, roosters and cat.

Have a great day, everyone!

View attachment 193318

View attachment 193316

I wish I could go to Farm Friends class instead of work!

Booked for BCV July 29-August 6 2017 Dee can you add us to the BOG list? Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Just up the thread, BriLam mentioned that the smell from Cape May is noticeable in the hallways above and nearly above the restaurant. Did you experience this in the halls or your room?

I was wondering the same thing! I would like to request a room closer to the lobby and/or elevators but if the smell of sea food is strong there, I feel like I will not enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter