Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Back from our 4 nights Beach Club Villa stay
Thanks for posting the pictures of your villa. The rooms look great. :) I love staying in the villas. :)

Well, today I was poking around on MDE and it appears that our Oct. Magicbands have shipped and now we can customize out Christmas trip one already, but geez to think that white stuff will be coming down in about 6 to 8 weeks
Our October MagicBands have shipped, too. We are having a very busy September and then off to the BC on October 1st. :)

How early can we get coffee at B.C. Marketplace? Thanks in advance!

That's right. You are stuck with us now. There's no turning back.

I'll be staying at a different resort for our next trip and I've barely checked out that thread. It's just more fun to get excited for a trip on this thread. :)

Are you referring to BWI? Do not fret, you'll love it there, even if you do prefer BC/YC. The location is still the same, and the room size and amenities are pretty similar. It is a jovial atmosphere at night, and if you're going during the holiday season, I'm crazy about their decorations and big band holiday soundtrack!

At the beach club, the fake one is the first one on the right if you are facing the Marketplace (back to the lobby). If you go behind, there are (or maybe were) pay phones and I think the lobby restroom is back there.

:magnify:
The pay phones were removed and the openings are now covered by metal panels. There are, however, several "house phones" on the side wall. When I took the photos, there was a father with his young daughter standing next to the elevator, looking puzzled why I was taking the pictures. When I told him the elevator was not real, he took a look behind the wall and came back looking amazed. It really is funny, but probably was an architect's way of having things looked balanced, without having the expense of an actual 4th operating elevator.

BC faux elevator.JPG BC wall in back of 1st floor faux elevator.JPG

Last edited:
Here is all the info about Beaches & Cream, including reviews from Page 1, Post 7 (Dining post)

BeachesandCreamentrance-1.jpg

March 2016

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guinness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Adult beverage menu at Beaches and Cream
Beaches and Cream adult beverage menu 2016.JPG

A little guy was celebrating his birthday with mom and dad, and he was served a special dish of ice cream.
Celebrating birthday at Beaches and Cream.jpg

Within a 15 minute time span, there were three kitchen sinks served - all shared by families of four, but none completely finished. Love when the CM brings it out and hypes the whipped cream used!

So here I am - 18 days away from my first time staying at the Yacht Club! My husband and I are frequent YC visitors, though - we love to hang out in the lobby, lunch/dinner at the YC/BC, and he used to stay there with his family way back in the day before they had DVC for a few years. So this is a big "homecoming" for him. We're going for our 5 year wedding anniversary AND bringing our 8-month old. This is such a surreal moment! I can't believe that after 10 years together, 5 years of marriage and countless trips together (and with our families when we were younger) we are bringing our little boy.
Taking our son for the first time was a very magical experience. I would tear up with anticipation, then tear up while we were there, and still tear up thinking about it. Enjoy your trip! :)

~Cari~ pluto:

Already loving BC! This place is amazing. We booked standard view, but we were upgraded to garden view. I am in room 1633, SUPER close to the lobby, Marketplace and my room faces the main courtyard. My parents are in the room next to me and my sisters family is right across from me in 1632. We couldn't have asked for better locations and being on the ground floor is so great with a toddler. Of all of our stays at Disney resorts over the years, this has got to be the best location we've received, as far as proximity to everything. Spoiled already! Lol I just watched the Star Wars fireworks right from SAB. I can clearly see why so many people absolutely love this place!

Awesome!! Enjoy your trip!! We loved that location when we were there a couple of weeks ago! ( can't believe it's all over now. :guilty: ). We stayed in 1602 which was perfect for us. It was our first time on the ground floor ever and we loved the fact we didn't have to deal with elevators with the stroller! We said the same thing.....best location we ever had and that tops the super awesome location we had at BW a couple of years ago!

Back from our 4 nights Beach Club Villa stay, I started a trip report, link at bottom of my signature if anyone is interested.

The villas are not quite done yet, there were several rooms on the 2nd floor at least that were still being worked on. Our 1 bedroom was gorgeous! We were in room 247 on that wing that sticks out. Straight out our double balcony we had a view of the Star Wars fireworks, but through a lot of trees, so not really a great view. To the left was Epcot and we could not see Illuminations, but it was very loud and we could see the sky lighting up colors.

VGM!!!

VERY GOOD MINION!

Thank you so much for these excellent pictures.

May I use them? I would like to link this post to Page 1 for the renovated 1BR. I want to add the room pictures and description to the BCV Room View/Description thread. And I need some updated lobby/public space pictures for the BCV Post 10 on Page 1.

Thanks, again!

:banana::banana::banana:

page 661-662

Love the Burgers and fries

:welcome: to the thread and thanks so much for your input!

::yes::

How early can we get coffee at B.C. Marketplace? Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

When is your trip? Which resort?

:cool1:

Joining in! Heading to Beach Club for the first time in November!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1

:woohoo:

We checked on Sat and so far our stay has been wonderful! CMs have been very helpful and so good with the kids. Love the smell in the lobby!

So glad you have had a great start to your trip. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay!

:dogdance:

The pay phones were removed and the openings are now covered by metal panels. There are, however, several "house phones" on the side wall. When I took the photos, there was a father with his young daughter standing next to the elevator, looking puzzled why I was taking the pictures. When I told him the elevator was not real, he took a look behind the wall and came back looking amazed. It really is funny, but probably was an architect's way of having things looked balanced, without having the expense of an actual 4th operating elevator.

Adult beverage menu at Beaches and Cream

Thanks for the pictures!

I am not much of a drinker, but there are a few things on the adult beverage menu that pique my interest. Yum on the grapefruit beer! And I wouldn't turn town a Grasshopper made with actual hops.

:drinking1

I am not sure if this information is already known by everyone on this board, but I thought I would mention it just in case it is not. We finally did pick a pearl at the Japan pavilion in Epcot on the last night we were there. It was really fun and my daughter loved learning how to count in Japanese! Well since it was so late and my toddler was melting down we didn't have time to look and have the pearl set into anything. I figured I'd do something with it when I arrived home. Since we were departing the next day our plan was EP in the morning (before the world showcase opened), beaches and cream for lunch, and then a last swim in stormalong bay! While we were walking over to the big slide I saw the Pearl Factory and thought what the heck. I went over and mentioned how we did the pick a pearl the night before in Japan and if they could set it in a ring. They were more than happy too! So now I have a memory of the pearl in EP and it was set in a ring at the Beach club while I floated in the pool!

I am not sure if this information is already known by everyone on this board, but I thought I would mention it just in case it is not. We finally did pick a pearl at the Japan pavilion in Epcot on the last night we were there. It was really fun and my daughter loved learning how to count in Japanese! Well since it was so late and my toddler was melting down we didn't have time to look and have the pearl set into anything. I figured I'd do something with it when I arrived home. Since we were departing the next day our plan was EP in the morning (before the world showcase opened), beaches and cream for lunch, and then a last swim in stormalong bay! While we were walking over to the big slide I saw the Pearl Factory and thought what the heck. I went over and mentioned how we did the pick a pearl the night before in Japan and if they could set it in a ring. They were more than happy too! So now I have a memory of the pearl in EP and it was set in a ring at the Beach club while I floated in the pool!
I think you just found another reason to like the BC/YC. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter