Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:sad2:

Thanks for sharing this report.

That was a quick test!

Wonder if they will have warehouses full of handleless mugs now. Or if they will become collectors items since they were only around for a millisecond.

:drinking1
Is it wrong that now I kinda want one...? :ssst:

I'm glad they're bringing back the handles. So much easier. But someone did point out that they fit better in the side pockets of backpacks, and cars, so I was beginning to warm up to the idea. Although, we don't bring them into the parks anyway. I don't want to lug them, or a backpack, around if I don't have to.

~Cari~ pluto:

You're welcome. Personally, I hope they keep both and let the guest choose. But I might be in the minority there.
I kind of liked the point brought out in the article of having the handless one for the car and the handle one for the parks (to hang on the backpack). But I definitely need the handle to manage my morning coffee with. Glad Disney saw the light and properly responded to the whishes of the consumer in this matter.

You're welcome. Personally, I hope they keep both and let the guest choose. But I might be in the minority there.

Exactly!

Give the people what they want!

:thumbsup2

Is it wrong that now I kinda want one...? :ssst:

I'm glad they're bringing back the handles. So much easier. But someone did point out that they fit better in the side pockets of backpacks, and cars, so I was beginning to warm up to the idea. Although, we don't bring them into the parks anyway. I don't want to lug them, or a backpack, around if I don't have to.

~Cari~ pluto:

:laughing:

Congratulations. Lots of 30th anniversary celebrations. We will be there right after you leave celebrating ours.

I would call back the number you booked the tour through and ask them about transportation. I know they transport you between the parks but I am not sure if they do the transportation to the starting point.

Also where do they have lunch for that tour?
I did the tour with my daughter in July (MK had Extra Magic Hours that morning so the busses started in plenty of time) and we had lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. Thanks for your suggestion to call!

:welcome:

Last August, I spent a little time early one morning to see what time the buses were rolling. I was there from 6:30 am to a little after 7:

On this day, Animal Kingdom opened at 8 am and Magic Kingdom opened at 9 am.

As I walked up, a bus was just pulling away.

6:30, MK

6:52, AK

6:54, MK

7:06, AK

I wasn’t able to stay and be a bus monitor any longer because it was time for me to leave to get ready for breakfast with the gals!

:car:
Thank you Dee!!!

I'm happy to hear the handles are coming back! Not sure if they will be in time for our trip, although I had read that they were pulled from the shelves so maybe the Marketplace still has some in stock to put back out. OTOH, like the previous poster, I am now suddenly more interested in the mug with no handle now that I hear they are disappearing, lol.

I think ( but can't completely confirm) the WV is more expensive at the BWI because it guarantees a view out over the boardwalk and lagoon as opposed to the others where it may be view of pool or SAB or lagoon

Thanks so much for answering my question!
I am still in my indecisive holding pattern between the 3, waiting for the aha moment when I feel consistently more sure of one over the others! I have asked my DD to help. (she and her DH will be going with us). Yesterday she told me she liked the YC room decor and I had to tell her they were going to look different after the upcoming refurb! :)
(which I am assuming will be done by 10/2017?)
I know there is time, but I am not usually a resort changer or second guesser. In our early trips we were Polynesian fans, and later changed to being WL fans. (initially it was from being priced out, and then we fell in love)
Anyhow, I will keep taking notes, working on my pro con list!
Thanks to everyone who posts about their trips. It really helps! (or does it make me more confused?) :)

Checked into Beach Club today :woohoo:. We left Contemporary and arrived at Epcot at park opening. Managed to ride Soarin' (loved it!), Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, SOAT, Test Track, Canada Pavilion show and a breakfast at Garden Grill (first time here for breakfast and it was incredible). After all of this, we checked into BC at 1:00. We ended up being given a room in the perfect location (2nd floor, right above lobby) but ... only 1 bed and a pull out. So, we went back to lobby and had to wait until 3:00 to get a room with 2 queen beds (no day bed, but we are ok without it). Still in a great location - third floor, a couple of doors down from the elevator to the main lobby - just as we requested - near elevator by lobby:-) Ate at UK fish and chips and walked World Showcase (kaki gori from Japan, caramel from Germany Karamel Kuche), and used FP for FEA. Walked back to BC at 9:00. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the location of BC and I FINALLY found the 'secret way' by room 1501!
Rolling into World Showcase at 8:50 is awesome too. Sadly, you need to wait until exactly 9 to be let into France for the pastries.

Just saw a thread about recently released Free Dining bounceback.

For guests who are there now- is there a bounceback offer in the room? If so, can you snap a picture of the brochure and post here or get it to me by email when your trip is over?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Dee, this is the current thread on the resort discount forums. There is a picture of the bounceback brochure in the first few posts. It is a very current up to date thread.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-fd-bounceback-is-out.3532329/unread

Holy cow, the Yacht Club is a gem!
After staying at the Contemporary for 3 days, followed by the Grand Floridian for 11, we extended our trip and booked one night at the Yacht Club. I was thoroughly impressed and will be staying there again. It was true old-school Disney at its finest. I loved every minute of it, including walking to the World Showcase and coming home at 2 am from Jellyrolls. Rock on YC, Rock on!

Holy cow, the Yacht Club is a gem!
After staying at the Contemporary for 3 days, followed by the Grand Floridian for 11, we extended our trip and booked one night at the Yacht Club. I was thoroughly impressed and will be staying there again. It was true old-school Disney at its finest. I loved every minute of it, including walking to the World Showcase and coming home at 2 am from Jellyrolls. Rock on YC, Rock on!

:ssst: Shhhh. We try to keep the YC's awesomeness a secret. It's one of those hidden jems & we like it that way!! :goodvibes

Walked around Crescent Lake this morning with our coffee (around 6:30am). Love doing this when we're staying at BC. Kids stayed in bed though :rotfl: Woke up kids at 7:45 and we were off by 8:00 to catch boat to DHS. Love the boat ride. I keep thinking that we'll walk along the pathway, but then I change my mind ... it's still hot at 8:00am, but the walkway looks so pretty:-) Rode ToT (3x), RnR (kids did it 2x using their FP and our two FP), TSM (1x), Star Tours (1x), Muppetvision and lunch at Sci-Fi (awesome oreo shakes mmmm). Relaxing now, planning to swim in SAB soon. We have Beaches and Cream reservations for supper (I think I'm having an ice cream supper :goodvibes a No Way Jose :hyper:). Loving it here at the BC.

Walked around Crescent Lake this morning with our coffee (around 6:30am). Love doing this when we're staying at BC. Kids stayed in bed though :rotfl: Woke up kids at 7:45 and we were off by 8:00 to catch boat to DHS. Love the boat ride. I keep thinking that we'll walk along the pathway, but then I change my mind ... it's still hot at 8:00am, but the walkway looks so pretty:-) Rode ToT (3x), RnR (kids did it 2x using their FP and our two FP), TSM (1x), Star Tours (1x), Muppetvision and lunch at Sci-Fi (awesome oreo shakes mmmm). Relaxing now, planning to swim in SAB soon. We have Beaches and Cream reservations for supper (I think I'm having an ice cream supper :goodvibes a No Way Jose :hyper:). Loving it here at the BC.
I recommend the grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque, then the No Way Jose

If you happen to be in the Marketplace and remember, can you check to see if they sell cases of soda/tonic/soft drinks (whatever you call them) or if they are just sold in individual bottles/cans.

Hey, Dee, I did not forget my assignment! The best I could find in terms of multi-pack of soda were some 6-packs or coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite for $8. I'm attempting to attach my first picture, but not sure if it will work...
Drove home yesterday from Disney and have a full blown flu-like virus today. So glad it waited until I was home to rear its ugly head!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter