• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My wife was at the front desk today sorting out a problem and heard the manager say to get ready as the VIP was due in the hotel very soon.

Anyone know who it was?

I have an alibi so it wasn't me.... :smooth:

Also, with respect to the AC, if you would like your room cooler and you feel that there is a problem or it's just not cool enough for you, GO DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK and let them know in person.
(never call from your room for any issue, you get a call center and you get put at the bottom of a VERRRY long list)

The front desk folks can dispatch maintenance more quickly. YES, you will have to wait for maintenance to finish up on whatever job they are currently working on but they will come more quickly than calling from the ROOM... because those calls go to a call center and get put at the bottom of a LOOONG list.

~NM

We usually book garden view and the nicest view would come from rooms near the volleyball court. Those would have a sideways view of the lagoon. But most of the garden view rooms face Epcot and have a lovely view of trees. You can get a partial view of the high fireworks, though, and those rooms are closest to the International Gateway. And the garden view rooms tend to have the most full balconies, although all room types have both standing and full balconies. We usually request full balcony and leave the rest to chance.

That's great, thanks very much. I think I know exactly where you mean with regard to Epcot facing and also the volleyball court area. A better chance of a full balcony also sounds promising. I think I will take your advice and request full balcony only and see how we go.

6:00 flight this evening!! Has been touch and go today with my sinus / ear issues, but I am getting on that plane tonight!! DH and I staying POR one night tonight (DS20 and his GF arrive tomorrow), we got an awesome deal on flights this evening and couldn't resist. Tomorrow we start our 4 night stay at GF and then Wednesday we arrive at BC CL!! Hooray! Can't wait!
:banana::banana::banana:

6:00 flight this evening!! Has been touch and go today with my sinus / ear issues, but I am getting on that plane tonight!! DH and I staying POR one night tonight (DS20 and his GF arrive tomorrow), we got an awesome deal on flights this evening and couldn't resist. Tomorrow we start our 4 night stay at GF and then Wednesday we arrive at BC CL!! Hooray! Can't wait!

Safe travels and have a fantastic trip!!!

party:

Hey all, does the BC or YC do anything special on Halloween? We won't be attending MNSSHP but still want the niece to have a 'trick or treat' of sorts.

If you go to Post 4, Resort Activities, on Page 1 of this thread, there is a link to the past activities calendars for the resort. I think I have included the second page, with special Halloween activities there. I have not personally been on October 31.

:hmghost:

Have fun! We love all 3 resorts you're staying at! The rooms at the GF are so big and roomy...but if you get offered a dormer room....take it! It's a little smaller than a standard room, but it's such a unique room with the super high ceiling! We loved it!
And as for POR, if we can't stay deluxe, it's our favorite place to stay! It's so lush and pretty there...very relaxing! Ask for a Mansion room and you'll feel like you're at GF or BC "lite."

Save travels! We'll be there (at Poly) on Sunday!

20 more days til we are at the Beach Club!!!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!
Microwaves are available upon request, but subject to availability; there is no additional cost.

Just wanted to pop in and say permits have been filed to expand the Yacht Club Convention Center. The permits expire August 31st, 2017 so it should a relatively quick project.

Thanks for the update! This probably explains the "Yacht Club expansion" plans that someone overheard being discussed recently. I'd think this makes DVC at the Yacht Club even less likely than ever, though I suppose it may make rooms at the Yacht Club a tad bit harder to come by for vacationers.

On a personal note, a conference I sometimes attend is scheduled for Orlando in 2018. I certainly wouldn't complain if that means the Yacht Club convention center! :rolleyes1

At the airport waiting to go to MCO
2 nights at OKW then checking in for 7 nights at BC!
Pictures PLEASE when you are there. It helps me take that fantasy vacation when you post those live reports!
Katesdad

Soooooo......:rolleyes1

Call me the king of changing things at the last minute after thinking and rethinking......(That's what I get for having the summer off!)

Dee?

Would you switch our dates from Aug 17-22 at YC to Aug 17-22 at BC? :beach:
I really do think my favorite resort for a million different reasons is YC, but we can't ignore those absolutely gorgeous renovations that BC did last year, and since YC is about to get a facelift, and we're probably going to just stay there forever at that point, we thought, "Let's do BC while those rooms are still fresh and new!" I'm a little bit nervous about stepping out of my comfort zone, meaning everything was all planned, we were expecting YC, etc...but I'm very excited!

Now to go make a new ticker that will be the fastest moving ticker ever!

We did the exact same thing. Love YC. Stayed there last 3 trips but were curious about the refurbed rooms at BC and figured this would be our only chance as we're sure we will be back at YC next summer AFTER the reno. Things we love about the YC is that the bus stop pickup is first and bus stop is closer to YC lobby than BC's stop is to BC lobby; we usually sit on the kiddie pool side of Stormalong Bay (so YC is usually closer to SAB); the fact that all rooms are full balconies; and we love the overall feel of the YC lobby, though full disclosure is that we have only stayed at YC during non-convention times, so we aren't sharing with conventioners. We are getting VERY nervous about our rooms at the BC, but know we will be back at YC next year in a new room and can now always say we tried the BC. Fingers crossed. :)

Hi there, We will be at BC CL this time next week celebrating mine and my husband's birthday and enjoying a last trip before our 10 year old son goes back to school.

We are arriving 8/19 and departing 8/23. We were at YC in June and became passholders while on our trip so coming back to enjoy more Stormalong Bay!

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list!

Thank you!!! Does this apply to only BCV or is this referring to all DVC properties?

:goodvibes

Only to BCV that I am aware of. I know other resorts are being renovated or recently renovated and I am not sure if they made same changes. That being said, we had a dedicated 2 BR we had at Bay Lake Tower last year with two queens.

Cereal or granola bars? PS, think the food court has a microwave and you have a small refrig in your room.

Feel better and have a fantastic trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter