Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi there! It will be our first time at the Beach Club and would love to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We are staying September 30 to October 15th. We hope to eat and drink our way through Food and Wine and celebrate the big 4-0 for my birthday!

Thank you so much for all of the information on this thread, it has answered so many questions!

Mandy :goodvibes

page 583-584

A couple of requests for anyone who is there now, or will be there soon...

Status of YC/BC bus stops- last reports were YC was temporarily at convention center, for another week or so, no work at BC stop
Status of BCV construction- where are they working now?
Picture of toiletries upon checkin

THANKS!!!

:goodvibes
I can definitely check out the bus stop situation and toiletries when we arrive on Tuesday.

Not sure about checking BCV since we are not staying at the villas and this is our first stay at BC, so I don't know if I would know my way around enough to say what is open and what isn't.

Not sure about checking BCV since we are not staying at the villas and this is our first stay at BC, so I don't know if I would know my way around enough to say what is open and what isn't.
When we stayed at the BC in February we wandered over to the BCV building and asked the CM at the concierge desk about the status of the renovations. They knew exactly where the work was being done and what had been completed. They are only on duty until 5pm, I think, so anyone who wants to check it out would have to go before then.

When we stayed at the BC in February we wandered over to the BCV building and asked the CM at the concierge desk about the status of the renovations. They knew exactly where the work was being done and what had been completed. They are only on duty until 5pm, I think, so anyone who wants to check it out would have to go before then.

I think the Concierge desk in the BCV is staffed 8 AM to 4 PM. I asked last fall and I am fairly certain that is what he said.

Hi-
I have Beach Club questions and I just know you guys can help me!! Having never stayed here before I've been trying to read everything I can. It's a lot to learn I must say!!
We're booked in a water view room but have no idea what to request. I no there are no guarantees but I'd like to get a better handle on things!!
1. Are there both full balconies and Julliet balconies on all the upper floors?
2. I don't care for the weird dormer balcony thingy's are they contained to a certain floor?
3. Are there any major differences in the 3rd and 4th floors? Do you like one better than the
other?

Thank you so much for your help!! This thread is wonderful and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Carla

Hi-
I have Beach Club questions and I just know you guys can help me!! Having never stayed here before I've been trying to read everything I can. It's a lot to learn I must say!!
We're booked in a water view room but have no idea what to request. I no there are no guarantees but I'd like to get a better handle on things!!
1. Are there both full balconies and Julliet balconies on all the upper floors?
2. I don't care for the weird dormer balcony thingy's are they contained to a certain floor?
3. Are there any major differences in the 3rd and 4th floors? Do you like one better than the
other?

Thank you so much for your help!! This thread is wonderful and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Carla
1. There are full balconies and Juliet balconies on all of the floors, except the first floor, which has patios.
2. The fifth floor is the club level floor and it has the most dormer balconies. But there are some fourth floor rooms that have them, too.
3. I like the third floor better than the fourth only because we like to take the stairs and it is a lot easier to walk up to the third floor than the fourth floor. :)

Wheee! Now both tickers show us to be less than a month out!
But, does it drive anyone else crazy that when you change dates or resorts and post a new ticker, it may appear (as mine does) that your later vacation is closer than your earlier? What I mean is, if you look at the icons (Stitch and Donald) on my 2 tickers, it appears as if Donald is closer to his destination than Stitch, when it's actually the other way around, but because we fiddled a bit with our Poly dates, the Donald ticker started first.
Anyone else get bothered by this?
I know....1st world problems, but it drives me crazy!

Yes thought it was just me :blush:
I switched resorts for our November stay and now it looks like our March 2017 trip is closer o_O

page 585-586

Thanks everyone for continuing to be helpful and informative answering questions.

I am (atypically) working every day this week, so only have a few minutes to catch up here.

But I did see yesterday that Living with the Land was demoted to a Tier 2 FP+ selection. Thankfully and rightfully so! Now I don't have to "throw away" my third EPCOT FP.

:cheer2:

Hi, can you please change our dates to 18th May 2017.
We've had to unfortunately change our dates as DH has an accident and broke both his feet!!!!
We don't check in to the BC till the 21st as the first 3 nights are not available at the moment, so we'll be probably be at pop to chill before the parks. We've never been to Disney and not been able to go to the parks, this will be strange! Will make the most of the pool, Disney springs and riding the monorail.
Thanks
Nic X

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's foot. Hope he is feeling ok. So disappointing to have to change your dates, but it is the smart thing to do.

:grouphug:

AllEars.net has a video room tour posted of the Yacht Club:

Thank you!!!

:cool1:

I think Disney should have put RF ID tags inside those pillows to stop them from walking from the resort rooms. There are some people who wouldn't think twice about taking them home with them at the end of a stay...not many but I bet it does happen. Same with the bath robes...those tags can be very inconspicuous and can be monitored quite well.

I have read that Disney Cruiselines has started charging guests (BIG BUCKS) if they take the decorative bed pillows.

::yes::

A tip in case you rent an ECV and do not have a room that the door stays open longer (handicapped accessible):
Bring with you a door stop to get the ECV in the room. It is very difficult for someone to stand and hold the door open while someone drives the ECV in. (I am speaking as the door holder whose foot was run over at least twice a day until we bought the door stop).
I do agree that renting from offsite is much better and the DISabilities thread is full of helpful folks.
Hope you have a wonderful stay.

Thanks for this. I can't remember if you have posted this tip before. I have a short post about vacationing at the World with mobility issues in the Other Useful Information post and I will add this helpful tidbit there.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
page 587

We absolutely LOVED the Yacht club! We have stayed at many WDW resorts - Value through villas and find it hard to compare anything to it. We are even considering buying a DVC Beach Club resale there! The pool itself is amazing and the location is the best - nicely situated between Epcot and Hollywood Studios! The nightlife of the board walk is great, however, the bus transportation was less than idea when we were there last fall. We had a split stay during the Wine & Dine race and stayed at Caribbean Beach where it was far better surprisingly. Thankfully we could walk to two of the parks or take the water taxi. Above all the resort itself overshadowed the bus situation!

:welcome:

Thanks so much for your review. I'm so glad to hear you loved the resort. I know the feeling!

:goodvibes

Does anyone know when the Yacht Club will start their renovations?

The first post on the first page of this thread contains any current information on that topic.

Disney has not officially announced the dates of the YC room renos. I don't put anything on Page 1 unless I have confirmed info from a reliable source.

I have been trying to book phantom trips to the Yacht Club in the fall to see if there are any messages about an upcoming refurb, but there are no rooms showing up at the Yacht Club in late October and November. Although I think that is more a function of Food & Wine booking up the resort. I have a reservation at the Yacht Club in mid October, but I have not received any notice about renovations during the time of my trip.

If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I would say the renos will probably start sometime after F&W.

:confused3

Hi there! It will be our first time at the Beach Club and would love to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We are staying September 30 to October 15th. We hope to eat and drink our way through Food and Wine and celebrate the big 4-0 for my birthday!

Thank you so much for all of the information on this thread, it has answered so many questions!

Mandy :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

Congrats on your milestone BD.

:cool1:

I can definitely check out the bus stop situation and toiletries when we arrive on Tuesday.

Thank you!

No worries about checking on BCV. Someone staying there can let us know.

:cool2:

1. There are full balconies and Juliet balconies on all of the floors, except the first floor, which has patios.
2. The fifth floor is the club level floor and it has the most dormer balconies. But there are some fourth floor rooms that have them, too.
3. I like the third floor better than the fourth only because we like to take the stairs and it is a lot easier to walk up to the third floor than the fourth floor. :)

Thank you so much for your reply!! :thumbsup2

Carla

I will be staying at the Beach Club in February when I run my first Princess Half Marathon. I love the BC so I'm really excited.
Good luck on your race. We were at the Beach Club during last year's Princess Half and we could hear the music and fireworks for the start of the race. We loved watching all the runners in their race gear and medals after the race was over. :)

So we will arrive at the BC Tuesday probably around 10 or 10:30am. I know check-out is 11am and check-in is at 3pm. We have lunch at Beaches & Cream at 12:30pm. My hope is that our room will be ready for us by the time we are done with lunch. Since we have to get up at 3am our time to catch our flight, I know we will be tired. Do rooms come available before 3pm? I am hoping we can get a nap in before heading out to our evening dinner. If we can't get into our room early for a decent nap, can anyone suggest any quiet areas for us to at least relax a bit and wait for our room to come available? Thanks!!!

So we will arrive at the BC Tuesday probably around 10 or 10:30am. I know check-out is 11am and check-in is at 3pm. We have lunch at Beaches & Cream at 12:30pm. My hope is that our room will be ready for us by the time we are done with lunch. Since we have to get up at 3am our time to catch our flight, I know we will be tired. Do rooms come available before 3pm? I am hoping we can get a nap in before heading out to our evening dinner. If we can't get into our room early for a decent nap, can anyone suggest any quiet areas for us to at least relax a bit and wait for our room to come available? Thanks!!!

The answer is a huge MAYBE. No guarantee. Especially at this busy time of year.
If you do online checkin in & check the check box that early availability is your primary request, that will help. But it negates all other requests. Your choice.
The Solarium, down the hall across from the Marketplace, is a wonderful, quiet space to hang out - as. Long as tea is not scheduled that afternoon.

We have arrived at the BC around 11am many times and our room has been ready for us most of the time. :)

Okay, I have more Beach Club questions...See what all this "research" does for you!!

1. How are the water view rooms overlooking the quiet pool as opposed to the lake views on the ends of the wings?
2. Do the wing lake view rooms have the small balconies?
3. Anyone stayed in these rooms that can share room numbers and reviews.
4. I'd love to know some room numbers that have a full size balcony and a day bed.

Thank you!!

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter