Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:goodvibes Thanks for not taking offense! I am kind of old, (very late 50's) so I know I have different opinions than younger folks. Heck, depending on the fabric & if you are not hangin' out all over, I probably would think you did have on a cute short set!

Unfortunately I don't have anything to hang out all over LOL!!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

THIS! This what I love about this thread. I have seen this very question/comment turn into a knock down drag out on other threads. Love you people!

View attachment 171202 View attachment 171203
The view from Yacht Club room 5150, Garden View Club Level.

Let me see if this works, it isn't looking good based on the preview but I'm not sure.

Yay! It did work, I'm so proud of myself. :flower1: I had to email myself the pictures to make them small enough to post and then resave them, but it worked. Thats the only way I know of to resize them.

:cheer2:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share these pictures. They look great.

I have instructions on resizing a single photo in Post 14 (Other Useful Info) on Page 1. There is a method to resizing a group of photos involving "email to mail recipient", but I haven't written that up yet. But it sounds like you did something similar successfully.

How do I Post a Photo on the DIS? New Version

With the new DIS server (Feb 2015) pictures can be directly uploaded to the DIS using the "Upload a File" feature. Two things to note- files that are too large will not upload and must be resized and when you quote a post that has a direct upload, you will not get the photo in your response box, you will just get a message that says "Attach XXXX"

To resize a photo, make a copy so you don't alter the original photo file. Open the copy in a photo editor like "Paint" and select the "resize" option.

Paint: Under the Home Tab, there is rectangle superimposed over another rectangle. This is the resize and skew option. Change the 100% in the Vertical and Horizontal Box to either 25% or 50%. Click on OK and then on the Save icon.

To resize a group of photos, use "Send to email recipient Method"- will post these instructions soon

:goodvibes

Just found the most adorable disney pajamas to wear on our trip! Do you think it would be ok to wear them to the Lounge in the am or is that frowned upon?

http://www.jcpenney.com/disney-mick...462395&catId=cat1003610014&&_dyncharset=UTF-8

http://www.jcpenney.com/disney-star-wars-shorty-pajama-set/prod.jump?ppId=pp5006462398

Those are super cute! I don't see anything wrong with wearing tasteful PJ's like those into the lounge to grab some coffee. It would be different if it was a nightgown or something revealing.

Let me see if this works, it isn't looking good based on the preview but I'm not sure.

Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed review of your trip. We had a room directly below yours but on the first floor and loved how convenient it was to the lobby. We also were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked the decor of the YC. :)

Thanks for your opinion... I didn't see any difference between these pjs and a tank and shorts but if people feel the way you do I should reconsider! ps I wouldn't have done so without undergarments :magnify:

This has just reminded me of a news story that went global recently....it started at a small school not far from where I live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35420318

Any thoughts on whether the afternoon tea at the Solarium will likely be extended or is this just a limited event? Trying to decide between that or the GF tea in December. Thanks!

Thanks for your opinion... I didn't see any difference between these pjs and a tank and shorts but if people feel the way you do I should reconsider! ps I wouldn't have done so without undergarments :magnify:

I would have thought it was a cute short set, especially if new. My 11-year-old daughter has a Minnie Mouse sleep set that was adorable the first few months. The top looked really like a sweatshirt you could wear anywhere. Now it looks like a ratty PJ top. Which she would still wear anywhere. I'm hoping she's outgrown it by the fall so I can just chuck it.

We just got back from 8 nights at the YC, I'll try to do a quick review of the hotel portion of our trip. Overall it was a great trip - we loved Stormalong Bay, the rain and storms always happened at good times for our schedule, and we had no big family fights :D! We booked a standard club level room.

We arrived around 1:30 PM on Saturday May 14 on the Magical express. We walked into the lobby and someone with an ipad asked us our name and was walking over to the check in desk. I mentioned that we were club level and I thought we checked in upstairs, and it turned out that our reservation had not yet popped up on his Ipad or I assume he would have then taken us up without my prompting. he took us over to the elevator and up to the 5th floor to check in, then he got my DH and I glasses of wine and our sons milk. Check in was smooth but for some reason took forever. Me paying with gift cards for the gas points didn't help, but they were $500 each so it's not like I had tons of them. The lady checking us in was very friendly.

Our room was ready, room 5150, and when we got in it I realized we had been upgraded to a garden view room. Later on I checked MDE and it did say YC CL GV then. We looked at the gazebo, and if we looked left we could see the lake and the Boardwalk. The room also had a daybed, which I had requested. So as far as requests went, it was perfect. I had requested 1. Private Balcony 2. Daybed 3. View of something other than the front entrance or service areas. I used touring plans fax, emailed IPO, and called reservations with the same requests. The location of the room was perfect. It was only 2 doors down from the lounge, but the club level CMs and a hall were between the lounge and us so it wasn't like sound or foot traffic was an issue. We made multiple trips to the lounge each day, and it was super easy from this room. The desk CMs would say something pleasant every time we passed. You definitely couldn't do something devious from this room, you passed them every time you left :P.

My thoughts on the room itself, just in random order as they come to me.
1. I thought it looked great for being due for a renovation. The only thing I noticed that was overly worn was the bathroom door knob - for some reason it was all beat up.
2. Great drawer space. We like to totally unpack, and usually don't have enough drawers for us all (GF, I'm thinking of you!:D). Here we totally unpacked everything and even put some non clothing in drawers and had 2 empty drawers. That's amazing for the way we use a room.
3. The room seemed big enough, and I liked having the daybed, but I did notice it was smaller than the CR, GF, and Poly. Just less room by the balcony to hang out.
4. Even though the room looked good for being due for rehab, I noticed some things that I assume the rehab will remedy. The safe was tiny and in the wall like the moderates with an actual key, not like the larger safes that I have been used to in the MK resorts. There were no USB ports for charging. The heat/AC did not have a thermostat, we had to use AC until we were cold and then switch to heat until we were hot. There didn't seem to be any middle ground - just like in the office at work! Also, the carpet goes all the way to the door and bathroom sinks. In the renovated rooms at other resorts it's usually (fake) hardwood or tile in that area.
5. The outlet on the desk didn't work, but they did fix it on our 3rd day after a text and a stop at the desk.
6. I liked the was the daybed was just a big couch with huge removable throw pillows instead of the ones that you have to actually open up.
7. Lots of counter space in the bathroom. Around the sinks, a shelf elevated above the sinks, and shelving below the sinks.
8. The actual bathroom, with the toilet and tub, was tiny. They engineered the door perfectly so it just missed the toilet when it opened and closed. But it worked fine.
9. Our fridge was smaller than some other resorts, but it worked well It even froze a lot of our drinks, we had to be careful where we put them. But I love cold drinks, so I didn't turn it down, just avoided packing them around the freezer area.
10. I miss the alarm clock a lot. I meant to ask for one, but just never got around to it. It's much easier and more convenient to glance at a clock than find a phone and hit the home button. I also hated waking up at night and not knowing if it was just about time to get up or still early without actually having to reach for the phone.

Thoughts on CL and the lounge, again in random order.
1. I hate how it closes for an hour between services, except between appetizers and desserts. It seemed like we always wanted something or had a little time to kill between 10:30-11:30 or 4:00-5:00. I don't understand why the MK resorts can keep the lounge areas open and just change out the food, but the Epcot resorts can't. They said it was to clean, but the CR, Poly, and RPC manage to do it with the lounge open. Our room was being cleaned once when we came back from the pool, and since the lounge was closed so we had to go down to the lobby in our wet suits and coverups while she finished. We also couldn't grab a diet coke if we got back after 10 and hadn't remembered to keep extras in the fridge. It was just a nuisance. They could easily rope off the food area and keep the seating open, just like at other resorts. Or put a permanent way to close off the food area, like at the WL.
2. It seems odd that they couldn't have managed to put the lounge somewhere with a view. The balcony looks at the front entrance, while the other side of the building has a beautiful view of crescent lake with some minor fireworks views.
3. We definitely felt like this Club level lounge/area is the most sedate/stuffy of all them that we have stayed at. People seemed more dressed up in general, it was quieter with possibly less children, and just seemed less inviting and comfortable, and more like your grandmothers formal living room. We very rarely sat in the lounge, we took everything to our room. When we stay at the Poly, RPC, or WL we often choose to eat in the lounge, just because we liked the atmosphere. Here not as much. It's likely that it's just a personal thing, but my husband noticed as soon as we checked in and stated that it is his least favorite lounge (we have stayed CL at Poly, CR atrium, GF RPC, and WL). I agreed with him, but not quite as vehemently. I think part of it is that it just goes with the theming of the resort.
4. I thought the food selection was very good. 3 wonderful salads, 2 hot apps, and a plated option for the 5-7, plus veggies, cheese, crackers, apples and caramel, buns and peanut butter with jelly. Breakfast included hard boiled eggs, meet/cheese, grits, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, muffins, pastry, bagels. Snacks were nothing special, but I do like their home made chips, and the kids ate their weight in Swedish fish. I have no idea how anyone can eat more than a few bites of the apps and still eat a TS dinner - I can't. If we are at the lounge for appetizers, we really don't eat dinner and just have a shack somewhere. When I book both dinner is a waste.
5. My DH and both sons have a gluten allergy. They did have options, and a couple of times the regular options were just naturally GF. I thought they did pretty good with the GF options, but it was kind of hit or miss depending on who you asked. They aren't consistent. I would go down in the morning and they would bring me 2 toasted bagels with non contaminated cream cheese and 2 donuts. My DH went down and they gave him 1 un-toasted bagel and he had told them it was for 3 people :confused3 But when I went and spoke with them they did bring more out, so maybe he just didn't communicate with them well. So overall, our feeling with being GF in the lounge is that it was adequate, but they did not go above and beyond like we found they have at the Poly and WL in the past. Passable, but didn't knock our socks off. My DH is looking to be wowed when we stay CL, not have passable service. The chefs did come out and talk with me at each dinner service we were there for, and of the 3 chefs 2 were very good and one not as much. As a summary for being GF in the lounge I thought it was good, but I do not have to eat GF. My DH, who does have to eat GF, thought it was just ok.
6. The lounge CMs were fine. We didn't find any that we thought were amazing, but they were also not rude or surly. They were pleasant.
7. We did get some of the feeling that some people were regulars and the staff would hang around talking to them. We saw a few people get off the elevators to check in and get big hugs from the CMs. In a way I don't mind and think it's nice, but in a way I feel like it makes everyone else feel kind of like second class citizens or the poor redheaded stepchildren.
8. I didn't really mind that they serve the wine, but I also much prefer when they don't. This is our second experience with the staffed bar area, the first was at the CR over Christmas. One girl gave very small wine servings, but for the most part they gave a nice full glass and didn't make me feel weird for getting 2 glasses at a time, or going back for more. The would not put it in a to go cup for us, which we found odd, because we learned to ask for it in a to go cup from the CMs at the WL and Poly. They said they couldn't, but we could just immediately pour it into a to go cup ourselves to take to the pool.

The Resort:
1. I liked the theming better than I thought I would. Honestly I prefer the BC theming, but booked the YC because I wanted a guaranteed balcony. I wasn't willing to chance it with the BC. So while I still prefer the more laid back atmosphere that goes with the BC theming, the YC was better than I had expected with the cool navy and white and more sedate lobby, etc. That goes along with the feeling in the lounge I expect.
2. Stormalong Bay is an awesome pool! It is worth the hype it gets. The sandy area is great for kids, and I even liked just hanging out there while they played. I also love that there is an actual deep area (the lazy river). In the 8 ft section I had to actually work to touch the bottom. It's been a while since I was in a pool that got that deep. The slide isn't as exciting as it looks, but it's still a lot of fun for a hotel pool slide, and it's a cool idea to slide over the walkway. We didn't have trouble getting seats, but the one day we did go at 1:00 PM we took the last children's small life vest that was there at the time, and we did have to look around a little to get 2 lounge chairs together and nothing in the shade.
3. I love the poolside servers for Hurricane Hanna's. So convenient, and much better than going over and standing in line. Particularly as we would have had to wait for gluten free food, but with the server we could just wait on our lounger or even in the pool and keep an eye out.
4. Hurricane Hannas was very good, particularly with GF food. I don't really expect that from a pool bar. We also liked the ice cream at Beaches and Cream. We got the Kitchen Sink once, and the much ore manageable mini Mickey Pants to go.
5. Watching The Force Awakens on the beach Saturday night was a lot of fun. Such a nice way to end the trip. We had a similar last night watching Big Hero 6 from the Poly last August, so we may have started a tradition.
6. I loved walking to both Epcot and DHS. We went over just for the Star Wars fireworks one night, because they were so amazing the first time we saw them. I actually wish we could have spent more time at Epcot and DHS, but with 2 little kids we still had to do the MK, and we did DAK to make the trip more educational since my son missed a week of kindergarten for the trip :thumbsup2. I did miss being close to the MK (we usually stay on the monorail), but the trade off is almost equal given no transportation at all for 2 parks. When the kids get older and DHS is all finished I think the Epcot resorts will be more popular with us. I know some people have good bus experiences, but for us time is fun when on vacation and we took cabs to DHS and to the CR to get to the MK instead of busses, unless getting there is part of the fun like one time we walked through Epcot to get to the MK.

I kind of felt in a quandry this trip - I wanted to spend a lot of time at the resort given the amazing pool with the very hot weather and the Boardwalk being so close, but because we have APs and could walk to 2 parks I felt like we should spend more time in the parks. It is a good dilemma to have, I guess. I need more hours in the vacation day - it all went so fast!! There is a lot we just never did that we had wanted to do - rent a surrey, rent a boat, go to Disney Quest before it closes, see more of Disney Springs. Being so close to Epcot I though we would just pop over more, but it just didn't work out that way. But we had a wonderful trip, I hope to come back to the YC or BC in the future. Our only planned trip at this time is to the Poly in August with the magical deal.

Well, I guess this didn't end up being such a quick review!:-) Sorry about that, I hope maybe some people read to the end and get some helpful info from it. I also apologize for any typos or grammar issues that I missed! If anyone does have any questions I would be happy to answer them. I also took tons of pictures, but I have no idea how to post pictures here. I don't think any of them are of things that aren't well documented elsewhere on the thread, anyway. Except perhaps the room view - maybe I'll be able to figure out how to post that from my phone - I have the view in the photo album on the phone

I saw your photos - what a great view! And thank you for your review. We stayed at the Poly earlier this month because I had my 4-year-old with me and I knew we'd be spending a lot of time at the MK. It was gorgeous, but I really missed the BC. I'm with you on preferring BC to the YC. Having stayed at both, I would probably still take the BC, even though I really like having a full balcony.

That's so cool- it is a small world. Did you like the room and location as much as we did? I wish we were the ones still in the room!! :sad::sad:

I thought it was cool too!! How crazy this world is! We loved it! The location was amazing and the view was so nice. I watched the Star Wars fireworks our last night from that balcony! We absolutely will be staying there again next year - but for the entire trip this time since we loved so much!!

I thought it was cool too!! How crazy this world is! We loved it! The location was amazing and the view was so nice. I watched the Star Wars fireworks our last night from that balcony! We absolutely will be staying there again next year - but for the entire trip this time since we loved so much!!

I did watch the Star Wars fireworks from the balcony once. For the next ones we had the dessert party planned and they blew us away, so for the third ones of the week we walked up to DHS and watched them from there. It was neat to be able to see them from the balcony, but for me (and those fireworks particularly) I don't really think the fireworks are that great without the music as well. I had seen them from our CR balcony as well and thought they were fine, but after seeing them from in front of the Chinese Theater I thought they were amazing! That was why I loved the YC - we could just walk up for the fireworks if we felt like it. But it is nice when there is some entertainment we can see from our balcony- most Deluxe resorts have that possibility (even the AKL if you count seeing the animals, which, although a different kind of entertainment, I think I count.)

Does Beach Club have any special Halloween activities on or around Halloween day? I was planning to do Halloween Party, but after the price increase I just can't justify spending almost $400 just for a few hours. (I have 2 little kids, and past 3 times we did Halloween or Christmas parties, we left park around 10p.m., we only managed to see parade, and not Hallowish)

But I feel bad that my kids can't get to do any trick or treating, so wondered if there are any special activities at Hotel......

Does Beach Club have any special Halloween activities on or around Halloween day? I was planning to do Halloween Party, but after the price increase I just can't justify spending almost $400 just for a few hours. (I have 2 little kids, and past 3 times we did Halloween or Christmas parties, we left park around 10p.m., we only managed to see parade, and not Hallowish)

But I feel bad that my kids can't get to do any trick or treating, so wondered if there are any special activities at Hotel......

The October 2015 Activities Calendar is posted here so you can get an idea of what they did last year.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-beach-club-activities-schedules.3059115/#post-47401001

page 497-501

I stayed in newly renovated room 343 at the Beach Club Villas and I took lots of photos, since i was unable to find any online. We loved the new room!

Thanks again for all the pictures and descriptions!!! So helpful. I have added links in 3 places (Front Page reno news, BCV Rooms and BCV trip reviews). I also posted your pictures of the sofa bed and Murphy bed on the BCV Rooms page.

GREAT JOB!!!

::yes::

I have family staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this week. They have had two days of character meets in the resort. Anything like that at Beach Club?

As dansdad mentioned, except for special holidays when characters are scheduled at the resorts, it is random. But coincidentally, one of my Facebook friends posted a picture this week of Pluto with her kids at the Beach Club. So maybe Disney is dispatching more characters to the resorts now.

That would be cool!!!

:mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Dee, I have thank you again for making this such a lovely place. I've spent a bit of time over in the restaurant sub forum and, holy cow, folks over there get cranky and nasty. And defend being nasty on the basis of, "OP shouldn't have asked the question if she didn't want an answer." Ugh.

They all must be "hangry"

:headache:

Hi all. We arrive at the Beach Club tomorrow. This will be our first stay at an EPCOT resort. We are really excited! Question...My son is a competitive year-round swimmer. Is there a pool nearby where he can get his early morning laps in? I am thinking no, but thought I would ask the experts here. He really doesn't want to go a week without training.

Thanks so much!!

page 502-504

I would love to stay at YC on our next trip. My mother has mobility issues & I had a few questions regarding the boats. Mom uses a cane or sometimes a walker. She will not use an ECV. Don't try to convince me...I've tried. We even rented one for her 10 years ago on the only other trip she came with us & she refused to get on it & we had to return it. Here are my questions:

1) Do you have to step down into the boat in order to get on? I assume you have to go down but wasn't sure if there are steps or a ramp. A ramp she could do but I don't think she could do steps.

2) If we had a wheelchair, can we get on the boat with it or would we have to use the bus?

Thanks!

Others have replied to your questions, but I wanted to :welcome: you to this thread.

Please let us know if you book a trip.

Some questions about the Beach club!

1) We have a "garden or woods" view room booked. Can anyone tell me if there is a room we should specifically request in this range? Looking for something quieter and/or closer to the bus stop and/or closer to Epcot IG.
2) Can you see Illuminations from BC?
3) On arrival day we're planning to walk to the Boardwalk Pizza window for dinner. How long does it take to walk? We have a 6 year old in tow who walks at an average pace.

TIA!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Can't remember if anyone has directed you to the Beach Club Room Views thread. It is a sample of room views submitted by past guests. The first page has an index by room type.

Beach Club Room Views

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you rent points, can you still request a room location?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have a trip booked or are you still in the planning stages?

As you have already discovered, we have lots of very helpful friends here who posted replies to your question.

So I have some exciting news!!! We have two tentative trips planned for 2017, both to the Beach Club. If you have started a 2017 Be Our Guest list Dee, can you add us please.
Trip #1 - March 10-13, it will be a girls trip with my mom, daughter and myself. My mom is treating us :) She said life is too short to just keep saying "one day". She is really into gardening and has always wanted to go during the Flower and Garden festival. So it is in the works.

Trip#2 - June 15 - 29, this will be just our family!! I am not so patiently waiting for the 2017 packages to be released so I can book!! I love booking early, planning is part of the fun for me :) I really wanted to go this June but we are headed to California to visit the MIL so we are doing Disneyland.

YAY!!!

:welcome: back! and :welcome: back!

I'll add your trips to the list.

Have fun in Disneyland! We enjoyed our trip there in 2014.

:cheer2:

Hey fellow Beach Clubbers, I can't for the life of me remember what the brand of candle was that smelt exactly like the Beach Club Lobby? Hopefully I can get them to ship to the UK too :)

I'm trying to get ahead of the game for my Wife's birthday!

Dee, can you put me down for a stay at BC on 14th June 2017 :)

Will do! I have a feeling you already asked me, so if I missed your original request, sorry...

:cool1:

I'm staying at Beach Club for one night June 2nd!!! I wanted to go up a day early for our last trip before our Silver Pass blackout kicks in and was able to find a studio available to rent with DVC points. We went to Beaches and Cream once and totally fell in love with the resort. I'm so excited.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

My family will be returning back to the Beach Club this August. This is a very important question...it is regarding alcoholic beverages! :-) What is my best way to purchase wine and beer? Does anyone know how much a bottle of wine costs at the Marketplace? Thank you so much for your help!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Good morning everyone! I'm coming back "home"! Natebenma, can you put us on the Be Our Guest list for 10/28 - 11/3? Bringing the whole family with me this time :D I got a great CL rate and everyone else followed suit. Any reviews, pros/cons or tips about staying CL at the BC?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Best place to check for info and reviews about BC CL are Post 12 on Page 1 (Club Level Info) or Post 16 (Reports and Review). Happy reading.

Last edited:
Hi all. We arrive at the Beach Club tomorrow. This will be our first stay at an EPCOT resort. We are really excited! Question...My son is a competitive year-round swimmer. Is there a pool nearby where he can get his early morning laps in? I am thinking no, but thought I would ask the experts here. He really doesn't want to go a week without training.

Thanks so much!!

How early?

There are 3 "quiet" pools at the resort. One at BC, one at YC, one at BCV. You can see some pictures in Post 3 on Page 1.

I think the posted hours are 7 am to 11 pm, hopefully you can confirm that info in the post.

The pools don't have marked lane lines, but I doubt the pools are being used at that time, so he should be able to find place to swim laps.

:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter