Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok, so I feel like a real "noob" (and I'm not, I promise) but have 2 questions on things I've apparently never had to deal with before so do not know the answer to...

1. Online check-in. I've never actually done it since, at least as of 2014 which was last time I stayed "on campus", you still had to "check in" physically at the resort anyway and I like the ability to 'negotiate' my room a bit at the actual check in line (location, balcony, etc.). But this year I am sending wife/kids ahead of me on DME while I grab rental car and make a supermarket stop, so if I check-in online, can they have immediate SAB access? Then if someone has to physically still go to the "online check in line" at some point, I'll take care of when I arrive, but thought that'd be a nice perk for my wife and the kids to basically just go straight to the pool.

2. Refillable mugs: I am doing my first split stay - starting at BC for 4 nights, moving to AoA for last 3 nights. If I purchase my mug at the BC Marketplace, is it only good at BC and for that part of my trip? Meaning I'll have to pay double for the full-week of "mug fills" than if I was just staying at the same resort the entire time? I hadn't thought about this but I'm pretty certain, given the "check out/check in" procedure on our switch day, this is going to be true. Ugh.

Thanks all!

2. You will be able to use your mugs at AoA also. When you purchase the mugs they are activated for 14 days and they are good at any WDW resort.

2. You will be able to use your mugs at AoA also. When you purchase the mugs they are activated for 14 days and they are good at any WDW resort.

Even if I quote-unquote check out of the BC first before quote-unquote checking back in at AoA? I always thought it was "for length of stay up to 14 days" or something like that.

If true- Wow that's a nice surprise!

Even if I quote-unquote check out of the BC first before quote-unquote checking back in at AoA? I always thought it was "for length of stay up to 14 days" or something like that.

If true- Wow that's a nice surprise!

It's true. Yes you are paying for length of stay which in your case covers 2 resorts. But you're still staying on property.

Having said that, the RFID refill system is not tied to the rest of the WDW systems. So checking out of a resort has no bearing on the mugs at all.

Well, unfortunately Disney has added this Early Morning Magic thing to a day we have an early ADR at Crystal Palace. I assume busses will be even more crowded to MK that morning. How much approximately will it cost if we take a taxi from YC to MK?

Well, unfortunately Disney has added this Early Morning Magic thing to a day we have an early ADR at Crystal Palace. I assume busses will be even more crowded to MK that morning. How much approximately will it cost if we take a taxi from YC to MK?

About $17. If I were you though, I would take a taxi from YC to the Contemporary then walk over to MK. It's just under 10 minutes at a very leisurely pace. If you taxi to MK you will have to be dropped off at the Ticket and Transportation Center and then monorail or boat over to MK. That may be a bit crowded.

I didn't know that! Thanks you for the advice. I guess we could get to the bus stop early and if a bus doesn't come within 10-15 minutes, we will head over to bell services and catch a taxi.

Check in for EMM starts at 7:30, so those folks will likely be traveling earlier than you will be. I've also heard the tickets are very limited for this event, and are actually targeted at off-site guests, so may not affect you much, if at all. But still good to have a contingency plan!!

About $17. If I were you though, I would take a taxi from YC to the Contemporary then walk over to MK. It's just under 10 minutes at a very leisurely pace. If you taxi to MK you will have to be dropped off at the Ticket and Transportation Center and then monorail or boat over to MK. That may be a bit crowded.

I didn't know that! Thanks you for the advice. I guess we could get to the bus stop early and if a bus doesn't come within 10-15 minutes, we will head over to bell services and catch a taxi.

Reports on the Transportation Board last fall indicated Disney has gotten wise to this and was getting a lot more strict about cars dropping of at Contemporary when people are actually heading to MK. They said security is now checking that you have a CR hotel reservation or ADR. Nothing says you can't try it, but I would leave time for going to TTC and heading to MK from there if you taxi over.

It's official I'll be coming to Disney in December. I'm not chaperoning, but my DMIL and I will be at BC SV CL 12/2-4 to see my DS15 sing in the CP on 12/3. It's my first CP, I am going to be an emotional mess :sad1::santa:
We will at the BC during your short trip. Is your DS singing at every performance on Dec 3rd or do they change the chorus each show that night?

So very excited that we just booked a Poly/BC split stay for October! :hyper: We were in Disney 3 years ago and stayed in a Lion King suite at AoA. My DD (4 at the time, will be 8 for this trip) absolutely loved it, and we had a great trip- but I can't wait to try out the deluxe hotels! She's a little fish, so I know that she will absolutely love SAB. Our official BC stay is 10/24-10/27.

Question- we are in a standard view room. Do all of the room accommodate 5 now, or just some? My daughter has karate legs when she sleeps, so I'm really hoping that we will have a little pull down bed for her. I'd rather not tour Disney with a bruised kidney :).

Some of the BC rooms will have a sofa bed. Families of five have priority for them but you can always make a request for one of them. :)

We will at the BC during your short trip. Is your DS singing at every performance on Dec 3rd or do they change the chorus each show that night?
Awesome!! Maybe we can do dinner, and I have no clue. He had a book about 70 pages long to memorize so it's anyone's guess. I've never been to the CP

Given the limited availability of tickets and the spread of people across all resorts and anyone else who cares to buy a ticket I doubt very much there will be more than a handful of people from the hotel who are going to be at the event and queueing for your bus.

Same here - my pre opening ADR is for BOG
First morning of EMM (26/4) ....was hoping for 'empty park' pics

Hey!

Took me a while to find you guys... Page 2 :sad2:

Just popping in for a brief moment in between work and helping to set up for the PTO Mother-Son Galaxy Dance. I ran this Star Wars/Space themed dance 5 years ago.

I'll catch up on the past 5 pages or so tomorrow morning.

I also wanted to invite you all to follow along on my latest trip report, detailed my quickie trip to Florida in January.

Whistle While We Work

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter