• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Two more days until arrival and we are packed! We leave after school tomorrow to drive to Detroit and fly out Saturday morning. I managed to change our O'hana dinner on Saturday night from 8:00 to 5:15 which will give us a lot more time at Magic Kingdom on Saturday night. As well, we are (well, I am) being super brave and are allowing the boys to go to Magic Kingdom on their own Wednesday evening while we have a Disney date night at Narcoosees. We will drop them off then take the launch over to the Grand. We will meet up with them after dinner. They are almost 14 and 16 now and are very responsible so I'm sure they'll be fine even if their mother is nervous, lol! They'll have walkies as well so they can communicate with us and they know to stick together like glue! Can't wait to be there!

Hi everyone! We're staying at YC one night, March 26, with our DGKs before moving "home" to Kidani. We originally booked for Sun-Fri, then added Sat, but didn't have points available to add at Kidani. So I "sacrificed" and we're trying YC for the first time! I'm really hoping the weather is pretty, and we get to spend some time at SAB on Easter Sunday before we move. I'm really excited about our stay! We'll arrive early Saturday evening after a long drive, and just hang out Sunday - no parks. We have Easter Brunch at Cape May Cafe and dinner the night before at Captain's Grille. And it's only 16 days away - yahoo!

We're in a garden view room. The most important request I have is the 3rd bed. DGS13 and DGD9 have gotten too old to sleep together, and DGS's sleeping style is such that DH really doesn't want to sleep with him. (Roll much? Thank you, don't mind if I do!) What is the best way for me to word my request when I call?

TIA!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Awesome dining plans!

:cool1:

I would word the request "Daybed, please. Opposite gender teenagers"

When you checkin at the front desk, ask if your request for a daybed has been met in your assigned room. If not, then have them check to see if there is a room with a daybed available. Finally, if there is not, then request a rollaway cot.

Since you are just staying one night, I think you should have a decent shot of getting what you want.

:thumbsup2

I would request a room with a daybed. There are a lot of garden view rooms that have them. We seem to keep getting garden view rooms with daybeds and there are just two of us. ;) We don't ask for them, either.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Awesome dining plans!

:cool1:

I would word the request "Daybed, please. Opposite gender teenagers"

When you checkin at the front desk, ask if your request for a daybed has been met in your assigned room. If not, then have them check to see if there is a room with a daybed available. Finally, if there is not, then request a rollaway cot.

Since you are just staying one night, I think you should have a decent shot of getting what you want.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Two more days until arrival and we are packed! We leave after school tomorrow to drive to Detroit and fly out Saturday morning. I managed to change our O'hana dinner on Saturday night from 8:00 to 5:15 which will give us a lot more time at Magic Kingdom on Saturday night. As well, we are (well, I am) being super brave and are allowing the boys to go to Magic Kingdom on their own Wednesday evening while we have a Disney date night at Narcoosees. We will drop them off then take the launch over to the Grand. We will meet up with them after dinner. They are almost 14 and 16 now and are very responsible so I'm sure they'll be fine even if their mother is nervous, lol! They'll have walkies as well so they can communicate with us and they know to stick together like glue! Can't wait to be there!

Our DS21 and DD19 were about the same ages when we started letting them head off on their own. They never got into any trouble! And took care of one another. We told them that going off on their own was a privilege that they had earned by being responsible young adults, but that they would lose if they separated FOR ANY REASON. The freedom was too important to them to blow by squabbling, and they figured out a way to make it work. They actually count those independent times as some of the best they had as teenagers! And oh how nice it was to have some couple time for DH and I!

Our DS21 and DD19 were about the same ages when we started letting them head off on their own. They never got into any trouble! And took care of one another. We told them that going off on their own was a privilege that they had earned by being responsible young adults, but that they would lose if they separated FOR ANY REASON. The freedom was too important to them to blow by squabbling, and they figured out a way to make it work. They actually count those independent times as some of the best they had as teenagers! And oh how nice it was to have some couple time for DH and I!

We tried to implement the "Go off on your own" during our Universal trip last February (DS 16, DS13), but they didn't want to leave. The only time they separated from us was when we insisted on doing the rides in Seussland. It was even worse on our Aug trip to Universal- they actually agreed to accompany us on those rides!

:lmao:

We tried to implement the "Go off on your own" during our Universal trip last February (DS 16, DS13), but they didn't want to leave. The only time they separated from us was when we insisted on doing the rides in Seussland. It was even worse on our Aug trip to Universal- they actually agreed to accompany us on those rides!

:lmao:

What a nice "problem" to have! Teenagers who actually want to spend time with the 'rents! Good job!

Does anyone know if the sandy area at Stormalong Bay has sand toys for kids to play with? My son loves them and I'll bring them if I have to, but don't want to lug them down to FL if they're already there!

Does anyone know if the sandy area at Stormalong Bay has sand toys for kids to play with? My son loves them and I'll bring them if I have to, but don't want to lug them down to FL if they're already there!
There were a few when we were there last, but not sure if they "belonged" to someone or not? We just purchased the kids meal at the pool (comes in a bucket with a shovel) so we had our own :)

There are usually some abandoned buckets laying around, too, from families who bought the kids meal but don't need another bucket. They also sell sand toys in the Beach Club Marketplace. :)

It has also been our experience that there are usually buckets left at the pool as just mentioned.

Anyone have any updates on the refurb on the DVC side? still working on 5th floor? moving their way down? Wondering where they are at and if we may get the chance for a new studio???

Anyone have any updates on the refurb on the DVC side? still working on 5th floor? moving their way down? Wondering where they are at and if we may get the chance for a new studio???

I am currently in a studio in BCV on the 5th floor. It looks like they may be done with the wing on this floor. There is no construction wall blocking it off, and you can see the new carpeting as you walk by.

is your studio new? Any pictures you can post? I am hoping to not have to pack the air mattress!! with our luck though we will get an old room so I should be smart and pack it anyway!

Got checked in yesterday (friday) at 11am. We did on line check in, but never got the email or text for the room. However, when I went to the desk, our room was ready right away.

The room condition is awesome. Never would one suspect a refresh is scheduled later this year. We got a high floor as requested, and our "garden view" is overlooking the yacht club quiet pool and a side view of the tennis courts.

We hit SAB yesterday for a few ours to relax after check in. Water was cool but refreshing. Not crowded at all. SAB is open until 10pm this week.

We hit EPCOT and I would judge it as a 6 in crow level. Had FP+ for Figment and spaceship earth, and didn't use them. Standby was no wait. Test track wasted, but not uber crowded.

Tepan Edo was dinner and we enjoyed it.

That is about it. I will post some pictures tonight.

Has anyone who has stayed in early December comment on what the weather will be like for using the pools? We were at CBR in early December once and my hubby and Daughter swam, but it was too cold for me. I didn't know if that was normal or not? I had friends there last year at that time who said it was hot. This is our first stay at BC so we are hoping to be able to use the pool.

Has anyone who has stayed in early December comment on what the weather will be like for using the pools? We were at CBR in early December once and my hubby and Daughter swam, but it was too cold for me. I didn't know if that was normal or not? I had friends there last year at that time who said it was hot. This is our first stay at BC so we are hoping to be able to use the pool.

You just never know.

Has anyone who has stayed in early December comment on what the weather will be like for using the pools?
December is always unpredictable. When we were in WDW Nov 30 to Dec 5, 2013 we had weather mostly in the low 70's. We went swimming a couple of times during the high of the day, but mostly it was a little too chilly during the rest of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter