Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just in case you didn't hear this yet, PURPLE magic bands are now available!
MagicBand_60x100_LightGray_B1_0904.png
Gray
MagicBand_60x100_Purple_B1_1204.png
Purple
MagicBand_60x100_Red_B1_0504.png
Red
MagicBand_60x100_Orange_B1_0704.png
Orange
MagicBand_60x100_Yellow_B1_0104.png
Yellow
MagicBand_60x100_Green_B1_0204.png
Green
MagicBand_60x100_Blue_B1_0304.png
Blue
MagicBand_60x100_Pink_B1_0604.png
Pink
Thank you @jlundeen :goodvibes
I just ordered a purple one. Can't wait to use it next month! :cheer2:

Thanks! Don't often stay at either, though my wife luvvwl stays at either YC or BC Club Level each October with a group of friends. This year will make their 11th trip and it's YC again. I haven't gone through the entire thread, but luv tells me the club level lounge at YC has gone through or is going through a renovation. Anyone have pics? Thanks!

The YC concierge lounge was renovated at the end of 2015, and reopened in December. The refurbishment of the rooms has not started yet. You can see pictures in Post 12 (Club Level at the Yacht & Beach Club) on Page 1 of this thread.

There is a posting of the food offerings a couple of pages back by Cluelyss. I haven't had a chance to add them to the post yet.

:thumbsup2

54 days to go! Man, that last weekend of April has some pretty scarce resort availability! We have 2 nights booked at the BC, but I really want to add a third so we can just drive down after I get off work and wake up already in Disney. I have the extra day approved off... now hoping DH can get it too. The navy can be so stingy! Eeek I am so excited, I wish time would move faster!

page 420-422

PHEW!!!

I'm caught up!!! (at least on this thread...)

:banana::banana::banana:

Stayed YC CL last weekend, will post some pictures below.

ETA: posted them full size so hopefully you can read the labels :)

Thank you SO much for the awesome pictures! I have already put a link to your posts on the club level section, but I will use a couple of them on the page. I don't think I had any pictures of the breakfast cold cuts.

Thanks again for helping to add to the thread!

:goodvibes

Hi Everyone...I have really been enjoying reading through this thread. What a lovely friendly positive group! We are BC DVC owners and are leaving a week from today (march 12) and am so excited I can't even tell you!!!

We are booked in a 2BD lock-off. Would LOVE the chance to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms (obviously!) I do realize this is a long-shot but why not try. What do you think is the best way to go about trying for this? Thinking I will call and add the request to our reservation...maybe I will say 5th floor request or newly-renovated room. What about online check-in? Thinking it would make more sense to just check in when I get there.

Anyway, I would love your advice on the best way to go about this. We don't usually put in a room or view request (other than one year when grandparents were coming and we wanted to minimize walking).
Thanks so much everyone!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I think the request you should call in is "newly-renovated room, please". As others have indicated, the villas are usually fully occupied, so there are only a limited number of units that will be available when you check in.

Have a fabulous trip!

:cool2:

Gonna try to add some room views from our visits to the wonderful Beach Club:

Room 1634 - handicap accessible, door stays open long enough to drive ECV in

Thanks so much for sharing your views and descriptions of the rooms.

:thumbsup2

Staying at beach club villas over memorial day weekend, in a studio. Have ANY of the studios been refurbished yet?

Last year we stayed during the same timeframe, and we walked on the first floor hallway where we noticed the carpet had changed to grey. We were under the assumption that they were testing this out for the future refurb.

Looking forward to a possible refurb room, but, won;t be upset if not. Any info is appreciated thank you!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I'm not sure what the makeup of the rooms that have been renovated are. There is probably at least one studio. And sure to more by Memorial Day .

::yes::

IMO it's disney adult theming.... you could always rent out your points and go to the all star's.........:duck:

:rotfl2:

:welcome: to the thread!

:goodvibes:

Had a slight tweak to my dates/resort, can you please change me to 24 April-3 May 2017 at the Yacht Club LV CL. Thank you :)

Will do!

:goodvibes

We are booked in a studio October 13-22, belatedly celebrating our 15th anniversary. :love:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Great time to be celebrating a belated anniversary (we will be doing the same that week)

:love2:

Gray
Purple
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Pink

Thanks for the info! Cool!

:cheer2:

Lily is delighted by the purple magic band!!!!

Purple is the color of royalty!

princess:

Princesses always have a keen eye for marvelous things! :flower1:

::yes::

People are going nuts for this right now! It's about time!!

:welcome: to FAQ thread!

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
There is a sofa sleeper in the living room and if you get a refurbished studio then there should be a Murphy bed in there. I've never been in a VWL villa so I don't know about sizes.

The couch is a full size bed when folded out. I unfortunately don't have a picture of it opened up. DD slept in it by herself and loved it. I have attached a picture of a table from VWL. When you "close" the table you can open the murphy bed that is inside. It is more of a trundle then a twin size.

Trundle Bed.JPG

Last edited:
Gray
Purple
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Pink

Seriously. Not trying to be a smart aleck. What is such a big deal about purple bands? Am I missing something?

My mom's favorite color is purple so I changed her band for our family August trip. :)

I also decided to change mine from the usual red to yellow for the summertime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter