Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If you had said to me on Friday I'd be going to WDW this June I wouldn't have believed you. One pin code mail later, we've decided to go to WDW in June vs DL/universal in August.

Booked club at Yacht Club June18 - 26 this afternoon. Can't do a couple favorites like Flying Fish and BOG (too late to find a dinner reservation before 9pm) - we'll have to try some new places instead. We've planned other trips with 12+ months to put things together, definitely rushed to get ADRs.

How does the club planning services work? Do we need to reach out to them first?

Thanks.

page 406-407

I'm quite a few pages behind. I'll try to respond to a page or two at a time when I can over the next few days.

Hello. Two questions:

I booked a room at Yacht Club and it lists a whole bunch of bedding options- we have 5 people. Am I correct to assume they will automatically give us 2 queen beds and a day bed room because we have 5 people or do I have to specifically request it?

Pools- do the two smaller Yacht/Beach club pools and/ or BCV pool remain open all night? Or have even those smaller pools become fenced in with a gate and specific lifeguard hours?

:welcome: to the thread!!!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I think others have addressed your questions, but please let us know if you have any others.

:goodvibes:

Thank you @shoreward, @Hopefully, and @Tess for the detailed explanations on IG rope drop and to Dee for expanding on the "what ifs". I am bound and determined to visit my "heritage" F&W kiosk this time around! ::yes::

I missed your heritage comment the first time I read your comment. I never thought of it that way, but I am 100% French Canadian- both sides of my family hail from north of the border.

:thumbsup2

I just booked BC for a few days in Nov for F&W! I feel a little weird about it as there is a chance I will have to cancel it but I waited on booking last year and BC filled up on me. Not looking to be added to the BOG list until I know for sure but I am super excited at the prospect of this trip and just had to share! I'm going to have to bookmark this thread and learn all about BC and Stormalong Bay!

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in for your trip.

:goodvibes

At BCV now for first time..love it! We have a canal and partial pool view and can see the HS fireworks at night. Cast members have been pleasant. Only complaint is that we were notified that the water would be off 11-1 today but it is still off. Ordered from Garden Grocer. Super convenient. Fabulous character breakfast at Cape may and the pool is incredible. No sign of renovations anywhere. We got both of our requests upper level, canal view.

Thank you so much for your live report!!!

If you are still around, and you have a chance, can you check to see what is going on at the 5th and 4th floors? Any construction walls up on 5, or are they doing the wing below the renovated rooms first?

I just booked a really quick weekend for April. I just HAVE to check out Flower and Garden!! So DH and I will be at YC SV CL 4/1-4/3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:daisy::flower1::yay:

:woohoo:

So glad to hear this.

I'll add you to the list.

:flower:

We have officially booked our Beach Club vacation for August 10 - August 18. It's my first stay at the Beach Club, so I am very much looking forward to it! I adore the Boardwalk, but I wanted to try something a little different and figured Beach Club was the way to go. We will also be spending one night at All Star Sports, as it was cheaper to fly out first thing on the 19th than the 18th.
I'm so excited to be here with all of you! :banana:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:jumping1:

I cancelled our Poly CL room for May and am going to book the YC CL if I can get the mil rate. Just can't stay away from the Epcot resorts ;)

So glad to hear that! Let us know when your plans are firmed up.

:cool2:

Just wanted to share with my BC peeps. My nephew got accepted to the Disney College Program! He got the character attendant role and should start after his college graduation in May. Hoping we can visit him with a Beach Club stay!

That is wonderful news!!! I hope you are able to announce a trip soon.

I just saw your post now and am in bed for an early departure (4 am gulp), so did not get to looking at the 5th floor. I did see one area blocked off in our hallway (we are in room 479) and heard some drilling yesterday but no idea what for.
We tried out the BCV quiet pool today and I almost like it better than Stormalong. So nice to get a table and chairs in the shade and be close to our room. Also DD 3 liked the shallowness of the pool to swim with me in her life jacket.
Just a small world.incident to share, too. I'm a high school English teacher and one of my former students was working BC concierge today. Wow!

Just booked a one night stay at the YC prior to our week at the Poly. We were going to try CBR, but I had second thoughts and went back to our tried and true BC/YC. We check in on 7/22. Looking forward to a relaxing day at SAB!

I just saw your post now and am in bed for an early departure (4 am gulp), so did not get to looking at the 5th floor. I did see one area blocked off in our hallway (we are in room 479) and heard some drilling yesterday but no idea what for.
We tried out the BCV quiet pool today and I almost like it better than Stormalong. So nice to get a table and chairs in the shade and be close to our room. Also DD 3 liked the shallowness of the pool to swim with me in her life jacket.
Just a small world.incident to share, too. I'm a high school English teacher and one of my former students was working BC concierge today. Wow!

I suspected I was too late with my requests.

I'm sure folks who have upcoming reservations at BCV will report back with info about the status of work at the villas.

That is really cool that you saw a former student while at the BC. What a pleasant surprise that must have been.

Safe travels home!

Last edited:
page 408

Hi, Dee!

I just booked an trip to the BC from Oct.2-Oct.7 for myself and DD16 and DD12. We have four previous YC stays, but we got a magical deal for BC. I can't wait!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We love BC, but Mark and I will be trying YC for the first time in October. :goodvibes

I think you have a good chance of getting the room switched. I would keep checking back periodically. Keep in mind that the deadline to cancel a package is 30 days out and 5 days out for a room ressie. I would be checking a few days ahead and up to those key dates as some rooms may open up as people cancel. Good luck!

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your helpful input.

For those who have asked about the mattresses - here is a picture of the label on the bed we have at the BC.

Here are the pictures that I took of the afternoon tea area at the BC.
*snip*

Thank you so much for these pictures and details. I have added the info about the mattress to the front page "Other Useful Info" Post. I also have a link to the Afternoon Tea info in the Activities Post and Dining Post.

::yes::

For those who have seen the BC CL Lounge as of late, how does it compare to the old Yacht Club Regatta club lounge before the refurb? I know the views in these lounges aren't great, but we found YC to be very cramped, usually having to take food back to the room as seating was full. It's the only lounge we have had that issue. Thanks!

I'm not sure if anyone has responded to this. I haven't seen the renovated BC lounge in person, but they did enlarge the space by using 2 resort rooms. I have never seen the YC lounge in person, but I have some pictures on Page 1 (I think in the first post).

I think one additional room was used to expand that lounge- can anyone confirm or correct this info???

:cool2:

Thank you! We are excited to be heading down next week for a few days at Beach Club and then moving over to our DVC at Boardwalk. I've loved the information available here - super excited about the trip!! We haven't been for Flower and Garden for a few years, and it seems to have grown quite a bit since last time.

Wishing you a fabulous trip!!!

:woohoo:

We are going to book BC with a magical deal. We stayed at YC in 2014 and had such a great time! We LOVED the YC and wanted to return there, but with the new rooms at BC, we have decided to give it a try. I just hope we can get a full balcony! If only they could hurry up and get the YC room refurbs started!!! ;)

Let us know the details when you have booked.

:cheer2:

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Miss you all!!!!!!! Hugs, Teena

:wave:

Great to hear from you!!! I am excited to hear all about your Nanny-Lily trip.

Will this be your first trip on Magical Express? Can't remember how long you lived in Florida, but I am guessing you moved there before the ME service started.

:banana::banana::banana:

page 409

Not a BC question, but you all are my favorites!
We are booked at POR for April 6-11. Thinking of driving down on 4/5 and staying somewhere between Jacksonville and Disney, maybe right at Disney. Any recommendations, or specific places to avoid? Coming down the dreaded I95 from Raleigh, NC.

Thanks!

BUMP!

I know one poster suggested you ask on the Transportation boards. Do you have any leads for a place to stay?

So I may have already changed my reservation....I dropped CL annnnnnnnnnnnnd moved over to BC :) So DH and I will be BC SV 4/1-4/3..now what location to request ;)

I'm not even going to say "for now"

I'm using fairly permanent ink for the BOG list for your trip.

;)

Thanks for the head's up. . .Based on prices increasing, I just bought my APs for our trip starting in July. I figure that the prices won't go down, only up!

:welcome: to the thread!

:wave2:

We are going for F&W in 2017 and we are hoping to be able to stay at BCV on rental points. I know BCV fills up quickly for F&W so fingers crossed we will be able to book something. With the newly renovated rooms, I'm sure they will become even more popular!

Make sure you start the rental search well before the 11 month window. As you said it books very fast. We are staying this year for F&W and I found an owner to rent from 12 months in advance and finalized all the details so she could book exactly at 11 months. Good luck, you'll love it there:)

Back yesterday from a whirl-wind adults-only weekend trip and were pixie-dusted in the most amazing way...with an upgrade to YC CL (were booked GV)!! I only wish our trip had been longer so that we could have taken advantage of it more!!

Someone asked about the size of the new lounge, and while I was never in the old lounge to compare, I will say that it seemed pretty spacious - there was plenty of seating and we never had an issue finding a table.

I also took quite a few pictures of the food offerings during breakfast, happy hour and late night. So if there's anything you are missing or would like for the first post, Dee, please let me know!

Back yesterday from a whirl-wind adults-only weekend trip and were pixie-dusted in the most amazing way...with an upgrade to YC CL (were booked GV)!! I only wish our trip had been longer so that we could have taken advantage of it more!!

Someone asked about the size of the new lounge, and while I was never in the old lounge to compare, I will say that it seemed pretty spacious - there was plenty of seating and we never had an issue finding a table.

I also took quite a few pictures of the food offerings during breakfast, happy hour and late night. So if there's anything you are missing or would like for the first post, Dee, please let me know!
Congrats on your surprise upgrade! :cheer2:
Thank you for your thoughts you Yacht Club CL. I am looking forward to the photos, appreciate you taking the time to snap some shots. :goodvibes

Murphy Bed - size comparison "chart"

I hesitated in posting this when it first appeared in December but now that the murphy beds are being installed in the BCV studios, I am going to risk it and add this comparison chart to help answer the question: "Will I fit on it?":

BWV_Mattress_Comparison.png

PLEASE keep in mind that this is a snip from an article on the murphy beds post installation at BWV and my assumption is that this should translate over to BCV. If it doesn't, then I will be signing back on with a new screen name!

I'm looking for someone staying at YC or BC to help me with something. I have an ADR at Captains Grille 5/30 for 12. I need to change this to 15 (but 2 are infants). Dining can not book it because it's over 12 and have given me the direct phone number to Captains Grille. I have left 2 messages on the prompt for making an ADR for 13 or more but nobody has returned my call yet. I'm getting a little antsy in the meantime. Would someone be willing to run in there and ask in person for me? I know this is a strange request but would appreciate the help! PM me for our confirmation number and my information. Thank you!

Our last trip was to BC 5/14, we are returning to POR this May. I love POR but will miss SAB so much. Best wishes to you all!

I'm looking for someone staying at YC or BC to help me with something. I have an ADR at Captains Grille 5/30 for 12. I need to change this to 15 (but 2 are infants). Dining can not book it because it's over 12 and have given me the direct phone number to Captains Grille. I have left 2 messages on the prompt for making an ADR for 13 or more but nobody has returned my call yet. I'm getting a little antsy in the meantime. Would someone be willing to run in there and ask in person for me? I know this is a strange request but would appreciate the help! PM me for our confirmation number and my information. Thank you!

Our last trip was to BC 5/14, we are returning to POR this May. I love POR but will miss SAB so much. Best wishes to you all!
Have you tried calling the Yacht Club and asking for their help?
Yacht Club 407-934-7000
I'm not sure if that will work, but it might be worth a phone call.

Pencil me in for Nov 10- Nov 14 then! I'm having visions of a leisurely stroll from BC to the bakery in France for breakfast so I hope I can stick those dates with permanent pen sooner rather than later!

If you had said to me on Friday I'd be going to WDW this June I wouldn't have believed you. One pin code mail later, we've decided to go to WDW in June vs DL/universal in August.

Booked club at Yacht Club June18 - 26 this afternoon. Can't do a couple favorites like Flying Fish and BOG (too late to find a dinner reservation before 9pm) - we'll have to try some new places instead. We've planned other trips with 12+ months to put things together, definitely rushed to get ADRs.

We'll be there at the same time! Well, for your first 2 days we'll be at Universal, but the other days are the same time we'll be at BC!

Regarding the ADRs, keep checking. People do cancel, and you never know what might come up!

Looks new and fresh, doesn't have any Disney theming, sad.

:earsboy: Bill
Agree, Bill. Reminiscent of latest refurbs such as at VWL. Nice, yes, but mainly because it's new. I see the Pergo-style floor is the same (even the color), so they must have bought in mega-bulk. New tub looks good, but I prefer the jetted ones.

Have you tried calling the Yacht Club and asking for their help?
Yacht Club 407-934-7000
I'm not sure if that will work, but it might be worth a phone call.

Thanks, I hadn't considered Yacht itself since I have the Grille's number but it's worth a shot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter