Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Tomorrow we will be winging our way to the Beach Club!!!! I am all packed, have a hair appointment at 10:15 then nails and feet later. I am so ready for this trip. I have my list of things to look for. If anyone else has any questions ask away. I will be doing a semi-live report since this is going to be a very relaxed trip.

Hopefully I will be able to help anyone with questions!!!

^^This. I've used them before with no issue - reserved FP+s. Just can't change or upgrade. So, if you get a Base MYW and decide while you're there that you want to park hop, you're out of luck. But, you can change your mind beforehand and let the TA know. I don't know how far in advance, but I know you can change it up to a certain point.
I just added park hoppers via that TA for our August trip with no problems. I'm thinking maybe a week to a month is what they need?

We had a magical deal booked last August with a standard view and we ended up with a pool view. I assume they overbooked the category and we got the upgrade. We only had a Juliette balcony, but we wouldn't have spent much time out there, anyway.
A few of the standard rooms actually do have a view of SB

I've ised them for two trips - one last August and one for this May. The only downside I can see is if you don't like the idea of a travel agency controlling the reservation. It's never been an issue for me, and the savings are well worth it.
We have used them 3 times now. Once you get the ressie number you can do all of the FP+, dining, etc. Pretty simple, if not the ultimate ability to control it.

And Natebenma, assuming you did not freeze to death in Orono (it hit -18F here in central Mass plus add on the wind!), I think you will find that school pretty sweet. I wonder if the Pizza Dome is still around

Bring her to Disney and turn her over to me, curmudgeons are my specialty!

On day 1, for every rude comment or 'misbehavin', I'll make her ride It's a Small World over and over again... and that's without a fast pass so she has to wait in line with the rest of us unwashed masses. Maybe if we get lucky, a teething baby will suffer a diaper blowout while riding in our boat. It doesn't get much better than that, but if she's a good curmudgeon, she won't be tamed so easily. Good ol' Ninja Mom relishes the challenge.

On day 2, for every grumpy old lady transgression, I'll make her ride Splash Mountain repeatedly and I'll ask the CM's to turn the fire hoses that they squirt people with on high.. That should loosen her hair weave and blow off a few of her extensions. But still, if she's worth her 4 star _itch rating she'll take it and continue to whine.

Now when we get to day 3 she'll be waiting for me. But she won't see me coming at 6am to drag her off to Extra Magic Hours and Space Mountain. If she wears dentures she better load up on the Poly Grip EXTRA STRENGTH because after we ride Space Mountain over and over again as punishment she might be missing an upper AND a lower plate. She'll be three inches shorter and in desperate need of a Chiropractor.

Usually the Space Mountain punishment is enough to turn any whiner into a blubbering puddle of cooperation. However, there have been a few instances of the rare breakthrough whinge. When she starts to tremor before her next eruption I simply sidle up to her and whisper in her ear
"Rock and Roller Coaster" .

That's usually enough to get her to behave permanently. Heck! after all that you could even take her to Chef Mickey's and she would enjoy it, which is quite the accomplishment because no human over the age of 13 has ever enjoyed the enormous din and plethora of prepubescents roaming the buffet line unfettered by adult intervention.

The next time MIL wants to come to Disney and ruin everybody's trip you call Ninja Mom on the hot line and let her know. I'll be waiting in the lobby next to the cases of Boxed Wine that I brought for you and the husband. My arms and legs will be covered with every single magic band I have ever acquired, which will be pre-loaded with fast passes for every single Disney ride that can strike fear in the cold black heart of a malcontent.

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I better look at Trattoria menu again. Yesterday was my ADR day and I make res. Is the pizza a personal size or sharing size?
In my experience, the pizza is too big for me to eat by myself, but not enough for a full meal for two. My DH and I shared a pizza, soup and salad and it was a perfect amount. I liked the pizza just fine, but it doesn't compare to Via Napoli. My guess is that their entrees are better.

A few of the standard rooms actually do have a view of SB

I didn't know that - just assumed we had an upgrade. Our prior experience with SV was the dumpster view staying YC CL. And the issue there wasn't the view so much as the service vehicles backing up at the crack of dawn. We were pretty overjoyed with the pool view.

I didn't know that - just assumed we had an upgrade. Our prior experience with SV was the dumpster view staying YC CL. And the issue there wasn't the view so much as the service vehicles backing up at the crack of dawn. We were pretty overjoyed with the pool view.
It might have been an upgrade. I'm just looking at the Touring Plans room views

Our last BC trip we got the gravel beach. Nice balcony overlooking a roof.

In my experience, the pizza is too big for me to eat by myself, but not enough for a full meal for two. My DH and I shared a pizza, soup and salad and it was a perfect amount. I liked the pizza just fine, but it doesn't compare to Via Napoli. My guess is that their entrees are better.
Oh, what to do!! I was figuring on sharing a salad with pizza. Had hopes the pizza was really good. Well, I have lots of time to think about it and cancel. Thanks for the info.

Here's a Beaches and Cream dining question. If our family of 4 wants to have a late night ice cream treat, do we need reservations to sit in the restaurant? We booked a "dinner" reservation for 10 PM, but just want to have ice cream. Is that OK? Is it necessary? Can you just sit down in the restaurant and have ice cream without a reservation? Thanks in advance.

Here's a Beaches and Cream dining question. If our family of 4 wants to have a late night ice cream treat, do we need reservations to sit in the restaurant? We booked a "dinner" reservation for 10 PM, but just want to have ice cream. Is that OK? Is it necessary? Can you just sit down in the restaurant and have ice cream without a reservation? Thanks in advance.

They book up so I doubt you could get a walk in seating. You might get lucky but the odds are low.

If you just want ice cream there is a take out counter with a smaller menu

You can order cones and dishes of ice cream, as well as simple sundaes at the walk-up/take-out counter. You do not need a reservation for take-outs, and there are quite a few tables with chairs right outside B&C, which overlook Stormalong Bay. At that time of night, there should be plenty of outdoor seating available, to just sit wherever you like. Someone can stake out a table, while another orders the treats. IMO, if the weather is good, and you are just ordering something simple, it's nicer to sit outside. However, if the Kitchen Sink is on your radar, you probably need to go with a reservation.

page 395-397

Oh boy...well this will give you and yours a true picture of winters in Maine

And Natebenma, assuming you did not freeze to death in Orono (it hit -18F here in central Mass plus add on the wind!), I think you will find that school pretty sweet. I wonder if the Pizza Dome is still around

We were impressed by the school. I didn't see Pizza Dome. Is that in downtown Orono?

:goodvibes:

Most of Sunday we were in a car, but boy was it cold when we got out! We drove through the campus Sunday night and then spent Valentine's Night at Olive Garden with what I think were all of the residents of Bangor. We lucked into a parking space and then had about an hour wait to be seated at 4:30 pm.

Fortunately, it was a little warmer and sunnier during our formal tour on Monday. Beautiful campus and great school, but Nate still prefers UNH, which is a lot closer to home and is where my dad, my husband and I all graduated from.

wildcats logo.png

Dining at Disney offers a bit more info, including costs and how to make a reservation:

http://diningatdisney.com/10731-2/

Thanks for the info! I have added prices to the post I have about the afternoon tea.

:thumbsup2

Please add us to the BOG list -
April 19-24, 2016 @ BCV - 1br prior to DCL cruise
May 6-12, 2017 @ BCV - 2br prior to DCL cruise

Thanks Dee!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list, my friend! Sounds like a couple of fantastic trips coming up!

:woohoo:

Hope you stayed warm up in Maine. My daughter headed up the
Methuen today. She brought all her cold weather gear.

Hopefully she was able to spend most of Sunday inside. It got better (warmer) after that.

:goodvibes

:cool1:

Sorry yes! Nov 11-16 if you can add us to the list. Thanks!

Got it! Beach Club?

:thumbsup2

Some convention tickets are only valid after 2pm or 4pm (I've purchased convention tickets while actually attending conventions at WDW and the only option I was given was the 4pm) Are your tickets full day tickets?

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter