Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

In my experience. Disney oversells the "Standard View" and many times you get a better view. Don't count on it, but it happens. I would rather have a roof top view and Yacht and Beach then a water view at a Moderate.
This exactly! We stayed at POFQ and POR for over 10 trips when our kids were young and with the magical deals we stay at YC and BC and LOVE it. We deal with the not so great views for the sheer pleasure of the location and resort itself. Enjoy.

Hi! Quick question. We're currently booked at WL CL but I'm considering switching to BC. My one concern is with quick meals. I don't remember there being a lot of quick options there? Are most of the dining choices sit down? I'm not opposed to sit down meals and have already booked quite a few but I do like to have the option of something quick if the baby gets tired/cranky and a sit down just isn't possible.

Hi everyone! :wave:

I just booked our trip for Nov. 11-15, and I am excited...but at the same time, I'm having some reservations. I booked through with a TA who has "magical" deals, and they are truly amazing! I never thought we'd be able to stay at BC, but because of the price, we were like "let's go for it!" However, the rooms are all SV; no option to upgrade.

I have the same "magical deal" for my trip this October. I also have concerns regarding the view, but given the discount, I'm willing to take a gamble on the view. On the positive, I'll be staying at the Beach Club during the Food and Wine Festival so I can walk over to World Showcase in just a few minutes. I just hope that I'm not assigned a room overlooking the front entrance of the resort. I'm concerned that the arriving and departing traffic might keep me awake at night.

The magical offer I had for this August was just over $200 a night for SV at the BC. I would have booked it in a heartbeat, but decided to go in May instead. BC has become my favorite resort.

Here it is. Sorry for the wet bathing suit on the chair. You can see some of the other balconies in the background.

P1010051_zpsr5s7mkrd.jpg
[/URL]

Please don't feel the need to apologize about your bathing suit on the balcony picture. We here on the Beach/Yacht Club FAQ thread heartily endorse laundry littered balcony shots! As you can see from the balcony action shot below, the Storm Along Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team took the liberty of decorating their balcony with all forms of detritus. Those rainbow colored blobs on the chair are not escapees from Living with the Land. Rather they are the flora and fauna helmets of the warriors that make up the team. These gifted athletes require all manner of protection to brave the gentle rapids of the lazy river, lest they be suddenly thrust into harms way from an errant 4 year old fording the river.

While it may be true that many members of the team may not be functioning at their fully sober levels during "practice", the artistic interpretations that evolve from their drunken stupors help to evoke some of the more "artsy" interpretations necessary for the Olympic level routines.

The Olympics are right around the corner and for the first (and last) time ever the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team has a shot at earning a medal, primarily due to all the other teams withdrawing from the competition due to the Zika plague perpetrating it's terror in that area. If no one but us shows up we have a chance to sweep the medals entirely, earning a Gold, Silver AND Bronze! .

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that bling so I would urge all team members AND team member wanna be's to start practicing in earnest as soon as possible. Ninja Mom likes to practice the routine on the carpet in her living room during these cold winter months, so there is NO excuse for the rest of you! Tick tock, tick tock people! It's time to go for the gold!!

DSCF9168.jpg

WP_20150830_011.jpg

~NM

Please don't feel the need to apologize about your bathing suit on the balcony picture. We here on the Beach/Yacht Club FAQ thread heartily endorse laundry littered balcony shots! As you can see from the balcony action shot below, the Storm Along Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team took the liberty of decorating their balcony with all forms of detritus. Those rainbow colored blobs on the chair are not escapees from Living with the Land. Rather they are the flora and fauna helmets of the warriors that make up the team. These gifted athletes require all manner of protection to brave the gentle rapids of the lazy river, lest they be suddenly thrust into harms way from an errant 4 year old fording the river.

While it may be true that many members of the team may not be functioning at their fully sober levels during "practice", the artistic interpretations that evolve from their drunken stupors help to evoke some of the more "artsy" interpretations necessary for the Olympic level routines.

The Olympics are right around the corner and for the first (and last) time ever the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team has a shot at earning a medal, primarily due to all the other teams withdrawing from the competition due to the Zika plague perpetrating it's terror in that area. If no one but us shows up we have a chance to sweep the medals entirely, earning a Gold, Silver AND Bronze! .

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that bling so I would urge all team members AND team member wanna be's to start practicing in earnest as soon as possible. Ninja Mom likes to practice the routine on the carpet in her living room during these cold winter months, so there is NO excuse for the rest of you! Tick tock, tick tock people! It's time to go for the gold!!

DSCF9168.jpg

WP_20150830_011.jpg

~NM

LOL! Practice makes perfect.

Hi everyone! :wave:

I just booked our trip for Nov. 11-15, and I am excited...but at the same time, I'm having some reservations. I booked through with a TA who has "magical" deals, and they are truly amazing! I never thought we'd be able to stay at BC, but because of the price, we were like "let's go for it!" However, the rooms are all SV; no option to upgrade.

The second-guessing began when I started investigating what the view is like and seeing all the rooftops. Kinda puts a damper on things. Plus the weather is always up for grabs in November - could be perfect, could be cold, so SAB could be a non-factor. BUT, EPCOT is our family's favorite park and it would be so fantastic to be able to walk there!

Our other option/choice would be POR. We stayed there once before and really enjoyed it's relaxed atmosphere and the QS with so many options.

In talking it through with DH (who really has no preference), I said that if for no other reason, it will be great to stay at a different resort, right? And, ultimately we're not really there for the view from our room. So, any other reassuring thoughts would be great! :goodvibes Maybe some suggestions on how to request the best SV possible (even though room request is a LONG way off!)? I've started reading through this thread trying to glean as much knowledge as possible, and I think y'all have a great community! I've made it to somewhere in the 30s :D

Last August we stayed at the BC for the first time and had a standard view reservation also with no option to upgrade. Like you I was concerned with the rooftop view we might receive but I really wanted to stay at the BC because of the pool and location. My only requests were for a daybed because we are a family of 5 and a full balcony. I did not receive any pixie dust to be upgraded to a different view but the room we received could not have been better for us. We were in room 2618. It was the 5th room from the stairs from the lobby and the elevators. We were right above the corridor outside of the Beach Club Marketplace and our balcony overlooked the courtyard between the BC and the BCV. There is a covered patio with seating which was below our balcony so we overlooked that roof but it was a slanted roof with shingles not a flat roof. I never heard a lot of noise from people using the patio. The most noise I heard was on a Saturday afternoon when they were powerwashing the patio and sidewalks. The solarium was between the courtyard and entryway so we did not hear the buses and cars arriving. I meant to take pictures of our view but somehow that never happened.

The room was so convenient to get to when we came back from the parks or to run down to the Marketplace to fill our mugs or grab something to eat. We did not mind the walk along the corridor to the Epcot end of the hall to use the secret door when we left or returned from Epcot or HS. Having the air conditioning instead of the heat was wonderful and the walk was much shorter than our walks at POR or CBR. Since Epcot is your family's favorite park being at the BC will be wonderful so you can pop in whenever you want. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

I did not receive any pixie dust to be upgraded to a different view but the room we received could not have been better for us. We were in room 2618. It was the 5th room from the stairs from the lobby and the elevators. We were right above the corridor outside of the Beach Club Marketplace and our balcony overlooked the courtyard between the BC and the BCV. There is a covered patio with seating which was below our balcony so we overlooked that roof but it was a slanted roof with shingles not a flat roof. I never heard a lot of noise from people using the patio. The most noise I heard was on a Saturday afternoon when they were powerwashing the patio and sidewalks. The solarium was between the courtyard and entryway so we did not hear the buses and cars arriving. I meant to take pictures of our view but somehow that never happened.
We had a room in the same location except on the third floor. I've been told that it is a garden view room because it looks at something green rather than a roof or parking lot. We loved the location, too, so convenient to everything. :)

Are there many/any standard view rooms in the second floor? Would these be less likely to be overlooking the large flat, ugly roof?

I cannot answer for all of the rooms on the second floor but we were in 2618 at the BC last August. We were right above the corridor outside of the Beach Club Marketplace and our balcony overlooked the courtyard between the BC and the BCV. There is a covered patio with seating which was below our balcony so we overlooked that roof but it was a slanted roof with shingles not a flat roof. I never heard a lot of noise from people using the patio. According to Touring Plans website there are 6 standard view rooms in a row, including 2618, which overlook the courtyard and another one closer to the lobby. I meant to take pictures of our view but somehow that never happened.

Touring Plans website also indicates there are 7 standard view rooms above the front entryway but I do not know if they overlook a flat roof or what their view is. We walked in the front entrance from our car and the buses but I never looked up to see what the outside looked like.

Hi! Quick question. We're currently booked at WL CL but I'm considering switching to BC. My one concern is with quick meals. I don't remember there being a lot of quick options there? Are most of the dining choices sit down? I'm not opposed to sit down meals and have already booked quite a few but I do like to have the option of something quick if the baby gets tired/cranky and a sit down just isn't possible.
There's plenty of CS in the area. The Marketplace, Hurricane Hanna's by the pool, Epcot in your back yard, and Boardwalk a short walk away. We love the food options at Crews Cup lounge in YC too.

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you change your reservation.

:cool1:

To get detailed info about the dining choices available at the resort, go to Post 7 on Page 1 of this thread to see what is available.

In addition to the places mentioned by Sue M., there are breakfast options offered at the Ale & Compass (Yacht Club lobby) in the morning.

There's plenty of CS in the area. The Marketplace, Hurricane Hanna's by the pool, Epcot in your back yard, and Boardwalk a short walk away. We love the food options at Crews Cup lounge in YC too.

Thanks, Sue! :wave2:

I will readily admit that the quick service choices are better at many of the other resorts, but for my family the benefits of the Beach/Yacht Club outweigh the shortcomings.

::yes::

I'm not sure how it worked with the BC regarding timing, but is there any chance some of the YC rooms will be through the refurb and bookable by early December? What about the lounge?

We planned on a WL trip after Thanksgiving but the construction & lounge refurb may change our plans. I guess we can always try BC this time as that lounge has been expanded.

Thanks!

I'm not sure how it worked with the BC regarding timing, but is there any chance some of the YC rooms will be through the refurb and bookable by early December? What about the lounge?

We planned on a WL trip after Thanksgiving but the construction & lounge refurb may change our plans. I guess we can always try BC this time as that lounge has been expanded.

Thanks!

:welcome: back!

Sure there's a chance, but at this time, I'm not giving any odds on refurbishment dates.

The YC lounge is completely refurbed and open, but the rooms haven't been started yet. We haven't had an official start date reported from the resort, although we have had some info posted speculating that it could be as late as August that the work is started.

The timeline of the Beach Club renovation is in the first post on Page 1 of this thread. I believe the club level rooms (5th floor) were under construction Oct 2014 to December 2014. The regular rooms, floors 4 to 1 underwent refurbishment from Jan 2015 (I think) until late August 2015.

:)

:welcome: back!

Sure there's a chance, but at this time, I'm not giving any odds on refurbishment dates.

The YC lounge is completely refurbed and open, but the rooms haven't been started yet. We haven't had an official start date reported from the resort, although we have had some info posted speculating that it could be as late as August that the work is started.

The timeline of the Beach Club renovation is in the first post on Page 1 of this thread. I believe the club level rooms (5th floor) were under construction Oct 2014 to December 2014. The regular rooms, floors 4 to 1 underwent refurbishment from Jan 2015 (I think) until late August 2015.

:)

Thanks for the quick response (and welcome!). I'll have to keep a look-out for updates :)

This talk about magical offers had me curious so I did a google search and the quote I received will save me $1400 over what I've already booked directly through Disney. :eek: I can't help but wonder if it's legit and what are the cons? There has to be cons, right?

This talk about magical offers had me curious so I did a google search and the quote I received will save me $1400 over what I've already booked directly through Disney. :eek: I can't help but wonder if it's legit and what are the cons? There has to be cons, right?
Yes, they are legit. I've known several people who booked and were quite happy with the savings. Con? There are usually date restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter