Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I listened to all the shows this week, and I only heard them talking about charging for this new Universal shuttle. No talk of charging for Magical Express. :)
I certainly HOPE NOT!:wizard: Most LOVE DME included in an onsite Disney resort stay!:flower1:::yes::

Sure do!
It was right off the elevator... Room 4623.

Sorry I've been MIA. We managed to sell (or agree to sell) our house, and our buyers have become nightmare buyers, demanding inspection after inspection, visit after visit, and sadly, as we absolutely need to sell the place, we are at their mercy. We're already taking an $8000 bath on selling the house, and I expect that number to go up by at least $1700 over the next 48-72 hours. It's been unbelievably stressful, and making what should be a happy occasion (moving to our new home) more of a chore than anything. I think it's the curse of HGTV. We got the sappy letter with the offer (telling us how special our home was), followed by ridiculous low-balling non-negotiable offers, and then all the inspections...and plumbers (and our place has passed 99.9% of their tests BTW) but they still won't sign on the bottom line....and we're almost out of funds/consessions/repairs we can offer. It's such a headache. Needless to say, I think an August 2016 trip to WDW is way off the table. And it's a shame as it's going to be our 10th anniversary. Sigh... oh well.

Hope you all are enjoying your trips, and Teena, you know we're thinking of you.
BEST OF LUCK in the sale of your home!:thumbsup2 HOPE that the sale goes through and it is SMOOTH SAILING from here!::yes:: Who knows, maybe a 2016 trip will present itself again!:wizard:

I hunk a Villains-themed resort would be fabulous! My oldest daughter and I were very put out that Villains in Vogue closed at HS. I read an interesting article rating the various heroines. I think Mulan came out on top, Snow White was at the bottom. Cinderella rated higher than I would have thought, but the reasoning was that she at least tried to get herself out of a horrible situation, versus sleeping until a prince showed up to save the day. The ratings for princes was also interesting. Charming and whoever marries Snow White were dead last, as best I can recall. Honestly, the woodsman who lets Snow White go is more interesting than the title character or the guy who kisses her at the end.

Perhaps we could start small. By petitioning Disney to adopt Iago - reformed and relocated to the New England seashore - as The Yacht and Beach Clubs' official mascot. Where the salty ol' boy looks right at home. And then, once we have our foot in the door ...

DisneyBeachYachtLogos2_zpskihlkffx.jpg
And I'm fascinated by the fact that the Disney heroines and their princes have been rated. I know that if I were to choose my favorite of its heroines/heroes it would be Uncle Remus | B'rer Rabbit. I first saw Song of the South when I was four years old and it has remained one of my favorite films throughout my life. And my favorite villainess is Cruella. The character is just so blissfully, hilariously unaware of how truly horrible she really is ... :)

gg

Last edited:

Hi all ! Feeling a bit sad about leaving tomorrow. A very short stay but leaving for the Disney Dream :) this experience has just been amazing . This hotel is beautiful and honestly, the pool is simply special. I think you have to experience it to truly understand...my only regret is not meeting Teena. It's funny how I just expect to see her every time We go to the lobby :( Teena Hope you and your family are finding some solace. Will post more pics when we get back. Thanks to everyone for this thread.

Woot! Woot! I just booked our next trip to WDW.

We couldn't get in at the BC and while we love the YC, my husband wanted to try the BWI, so we can have "the complete set". So we will be heading to BWI on January 2, just in time to catch the last of the Osborne lights.

NinjaMom - Be sure to leave BWI in good shape for us!

Now I just have to hope that a good deal comes out for early January and that the Canadian dollar shapes up a bit, so the cost of this trip will come down a bit.

Time to go make some dining reservations!

Yay!!! :banana::banana::banana:

A word to the wise regarding the Osborne lights schedule:

"The Osborne Lights are shown every night starting Nov. 6th thru Jan. 3rd from 6pm to one hour after park closing except November 17th for the CM party, park closes at 4pm and December 9th park closes at 6pm."

Hopefully that info will make planning your trip easier.

Good luck with those dining reservations. Don't forget to pack a giant hefty bag to stash those pretzel bread snacks for after dinner snacking.

~NM

"The Osborne Lights are shown every night starting Nov. 6th thru Jan. 3rd from 6pm to one hour after park closing except November 17th for the CM party, park closes at 4pm and December 9th park closes at 6pm."

Good luck with those dining reservations. Don't forget to pack a giant hefty bag to stash those pretzel bread snacks for after dinner snacking.

~NM

Dining reservations are all made, including a stop at the Biergarten. I've already informed my son that you would be happy if he brought a garbage bag with him. :)

Dining reservations are all made, including a stop at the Biergarten. I've already informed my son that you would be happy if he brought a garbage bag with him. :)

Ahh yes! Torture the youth we must! He must learn of our middle aged ways. First it starts with the early bird special, then comes the coupon and finally the zip lock bag which allows us to abscond with our buffet treasures and feeds our addiction to the pretzel bread!

Resistance is futile, he WILL be assimilated! Orthopedic shoes and elastic waist pants are his future. He should probably start training now. Mwa ha ha!!!

~NM

Perhaps we could start small. By petitioning Disney to adopt Iago - reformed and relocated to the New England seashore - as The Yacht and Beach Clubs' official mascot. Where the salty ol' boy looks right at home. And then, once we have our foot in the door ...

DisneyBeachYachtLogos2_zpskihlkffx.jpg
And I'm fascinated by the fact that the Disney heroines and their princes have been rated. I know that if I were to choose my favorite of its heroines/heroes it would be Uncle Remus | B'rer Rabbit. I first saw Song of the South when I was four years old and it has remained one of my favorite films throughout my life. And my favorite villainess is Cruella. The character is just so blissfully, hilariously unaware of how truly horrible she really is ... :)

gg
thought of you villain fans when I saw this shirt at the Shop at the bc I saw last night!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
thought of you villain fans when I saw this shirt at the Shop at the bc I saw last night!

Speaking of Villains!

To be planning a trip to Disney World is great. And to be just back from Disney World is fine and dandy. But to actually be in Disney World is downright cruel ... :)

I do love that shirt, though! Do you suppose there are others featuring the wicked women of The World? I would really like to have one with Ursula, Cruella and The Queen of Hearts for my daughter, granddaughter and I.

And thank you for thinking of all of us who are sweetness-and-light-challenged! I hope you and your children are having a wonderful time. Do you have a Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party planned?

gg

Last edited:
Well...even though DH and I are will be at YC in early December, my younger DD just talked me into booking a trip Dec 18-22 because she really wants to see the OL before they go away.

Not sure where we're staying yet, but we found cheap airfare!
I have a feeling it didn't take that much convincing. :rolleyes1

~Cari~ pluto:

Ahh yes! Torture the youth we must! He must learn of our middle aged ways. First it starts with the early bird special, then comes the coupon and finally the zip lock bag which allows us to abscond with our buffet treasures and feeds our addiction to the pretzel bread!

Resistance is futile, he WILL be assimilated! Orthopedic shoes and elastic waist pants are his future. He should probably start training now. Mwa ha ha!!!

~NM
DH and I have been rocking the early bird specials since our early 20's! We don't do it for any discounts, we eat early to beat the crowds. And when you're up at 4am, you're HUNGRY by 4pm.

~Cari~ pluto:

Speaking of Villains!

To be planning a trip to Disney World is great. And to be just back from Disney World is fine and dandy. But to actually be in Disney World is downright cruel ... :)

I do love that shirt, though! Do you suppose there are others featuring the Wicked Women of the World? I would really like to have one with Ursula, Cruella and The Queen of Hearts for my daughter, granddaughter and I.

And thank you for thinking of all of us who are sweetness-and-light-challenged! I hope you and your children are having a wonderful time. Do you have a Mickey's Not-S0-Scary Halloween Party planned?

gg
LOL!! If it makes you feel better we've been playing this for what feels like forever -- at least 7 months :) not doing the Halloween party just enjoying the regular Disney fun and BC!! It is absolutely wonderful.

Hi all from the BCV!

We had a great arrival day yesterday. Got to the Trenton airport in 15 minutes, and then boarded the plane and took off a little more than an hour later (6am). Arrived at 8:30am, onto DME, and were in the lobby by 10am. DME stopped at Pop then BW then BC. Luckily no one had their luggage so each stop was really short!

We chose not to do online check-in so we could make sure my parents' villa was near ours. No wait to check in and had the sweetest CM who was earning her ears. Our room wasn't ready yet so we checked our carry-ons and headed to HS where we were greeted with heavy rain. The rain let up but must have scared some of the crowds away bc we did TSMM (fp), Indiana Jones, VLM, ToT, RnR, ToT again (FP), the Frozen singalong, and eat all by 4pm. We then came back to the villas where we saw our awesome 2-br which is bigger than the last one we had. It is in one of the angles which resulted in the 2nd bedroom being bigger. We unpacked, relaxed, and then went to CM Cafe for dinner. Our server was so nice and attentive even though it is a buffet.

Today, EPCOT. Between the low crowds and our 10 days here, we're in no rush. I'm currently on our huge balcony writing this :flower1:

I will post pics and tell you the room number when we get back. I am a little too weirded out to do it now while we're here.

Hi all from the BCV!....snip..... We then came back to the villas where we saw our awesome 2-br which is bigger than the last one we had. It is in one of the angles which resulted in the 2nd bedroom being bigger. We unpacked, relaxed, and then went to CM Cafe for dinner.
I will be doing a 2-BR in December. Did you put in any special request like "close to pool" or "upper floor"? This is the first time I'm doing DVC so I'm not really sure what kind of request is needed if any.
Katesdad

DH and I have been rocking the early bird specials since our early 20's! We don't do it for any discounts, we eat early to beat the crowds. And when you're up at 4am, you're HUNGRY by 4pm.

~Cari~ pluto:

You have learned well young Padawan! Be sure to bring your zip lock bags to stash some morsels for your Mom and Dad (Wood Nymph and Big Daddy Wood Nymph). They've got to save up to keep making those Disney trips....

~NM

We returned from BC (our first stay) this past weekend, and thought I'd share my thoughts on the resort. Overall, a very nice stay and would not hesitate to stay there again!

The Good ...
1) Location - So nice to be able to walk to World Showcase in Epcot in under 10 minutes. Yes, under 10 minutes, and I was pushing a stroller with a 4-year-old sitting in it most times. Also, a really nice (and not at all hilly) walk back one evening from DHS. When we left the park, the line to catch the return boat was ridiculously long. By the time we returned to BC (about 20 minutes later, and this was walking at a very leisurely pace), the boat had not passed us returning from DHS so we totally beat it back. Felt bad for the people who would have to wait there for the second boat, if not the third.
2) The Pool - My kids loved it and spent two afternoons swimming while I got to relax in the room. Win-win for all!
3) The Weather - This has nothing to do with the BC but we enjoyed sunny (but super humid) days. Only drizzled slightly on our walk back from DHS that one evening; other than that, our ponchos went unused!
4) The Service - Not exactly five-star but everyone was very friendly and accommodating, so can't complain. I actually found the CL folks to be less friendly than others in the gift shop and main check-in / concierge desks but they were still helpful. Just not as outgoing as we experienced from others around the resort.
5) Overall environment - Very relaxing to return to the lobby / hotel after a long day at the parks. That blast of AC upon entering from 90-degree heat and 90 percent humidity was a godsend, and my 13-year-old loved the smell in the lobby. Even when the lobby was crowded, was never really noisy and was just very nice to return to each day.
6) Mousekeeping - We always got plenty of towels and soaps / shampoos, and even on days when we returned to our room by early-mid afternoon, the room had already been serviced.

The Bad ...
1) Buses to MK - If you are heading to MK, try to beat the rush between 8-9 am. One morning, we had early reservations at Crystal Palace so we got to the bus stop @ 7:30 am, waited less than 10 minutes, and were the only ones on the bus. So nice! Another morning, my youngest and I got to the bus stop @ 8:30 am and had to wait for the second bus b/c the first one was so crowded. Even after we boarded, I saw the line was still extremely long. You'd think Disney would have this stuff figured out by now ... send more buses to resorts in the hour before park opening, especially for MK. People were getting upset and kids were cranky. We got to MK @ 9:20 am that morning, so total was @ 50 minutes from arriving at BC bus stop to being dropped off at MK. Not ideal, but at least we made it.

The Ugly ...
1) The breakfast platter in The Marketplace - No. Just no. I think this is the same at every resort so really not an accurate reflection of BC, but mass-produced scrambled eggs just ain't my style. And when you have to serve hashbrowns with a scooper ... I repeat - No. Just no.

~NM

Thanks Ninja Mom for the info on the Osborne Lights. This is our first holiday trip and it was definitely on my agenda to go at least once while we are there since I LOVE Christmas decorations.

Now that I know this event is "one and done" for us, and that it remains open for one hour after DHS closes, I am moving items around so we can get over there a couple of times that week.

Thank you so much for the information!! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter