Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Also, can guests rent boats again yet? Like the little two seaters or the pontoon boats, the ones you drive yourself? Thanks!

Unless this blog post is inaccurate (always possible), pontoon rentals returned to select resorts (including Yacht and Beach Club) on 9/20. Disney had previously announced back in August these would return this fall and at the time listed YC/BC as included, so I ‘assume’ it is open, although haven’t physically been there to confirm and this particular post only has pics of a few other resort marinas.

Note the small two seaters have not returned, it’s just pontoon rentals.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...resort-activity-has-returned-to-disney-world/

I saw a vlogger take a pontoon out from the Contemporary some time in the past week, so that supports the likelihood that they may be available at YC/BC, too.

We got home from a 9 night stay at the YC last Sunday. Overall it was a great trip! We were in room 2096, it’s a garden view room and looks out onto the quiet pool and tennis courts.

Thank you for the review of your trip and the detailed description of your room. I have added your post to the Yacht Club Room View thread.

:goodvibes

Just arrived for a 5D/4N stay at Beach Club. Made no special requests. Got room 2585. OMG !! It has a balcony and a half. Close to the back elevators for a quick out to EPCOT. BEAUTIFUL room.

If you are looking for the room on a resort map, it faces the courtyard behind the volleyball court. Far back right corner, 2nd floor.
View attachment 607378
View attachment 607379
View attachment 607380
View attachment 607381

Hope you had a great trip!

Looks like a really nice room.

No daybed, correct?

Just got back from 5D/4N at Beach Club. It was totally awesome. Wilderness Lodge had been our go to resort.....until now. Everything about BC has made it our new GO TO. Location, ambience, décor, staff, EVERYTHING.

We had room 2585. Perfect room. Full balcony PLUS an extra half balcony in size due to it's corner location. Room looks out on the grassy area just behind the sand volleyball court. Swan hotel in the distance. Morning shade which made breakfast on the balcony wonderful. A very short walk to the back elevator and the quiet pool near the laundry. Also a walkway to the main walk to EPCOT.

I'll do a full trip report this weekend. I'll answer any question you have, if I know the answer.

that one got returned as well just now. I sent it to WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com so we’ll see because it hasn’t been returned yet
You're missing some "."s between yacht and beach. No "world" either.
Mine:
wdw.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com

versus yours:
WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com

Dots the problem! Sorry, couldn't resist. I know where the exit is.

I will also add that they may have taken down the e-mail address that worked for me
over a year ago.

I would be very interested in getting an accurate email address that works so I can have the correct info on Page 1-

I have one of the addresses that the OP used originally:

wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

So , if that is not working, I would like to reference one that does

I am staying in a standard beach club room soon. My baby still likes bottles warmed up a bit. I had read at one point microwaves were available upon request to have in the room subject to availability. Is this still the case?

:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip?

I don't know the answer about whether you can still request a microwave for the rooms, but if you try, please let us know.

:thumbsup2

Hello! I’m not sure about the microwaves but I have always warmed my baby’s bottles up by placing the bottle in a large cup of hot tap water. You might have to replace the water once or twice, but that has worked to warm our bottles, and even thaw frozen breast milk. Just bring a cup large enough to fit the bottle and some water in and you’ll be set.

Another idea is to run water though the coffee machine without a coffee or tea bag to get a cup of hot water to place the bottle into to warm it.

Although some (I'm not sure how many/what percentage) of coffee machines have been replaced with Keurigs, the standard model of coffee maker in Beach Club rooms are the Cuisinart pod machines.

🍼

:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip?

I don't know the answer about whether you can still request a microwave for the rooms, but if you try, please let us know.

Another idea is to run water though the coffee machine without a coffee or tea bag to get a cup of hot water to place the bottle into to warm it.

Although some (I'm not sure how many/what percentage) of coffee machines have been replaced with Keurigs, the standard model of coffee maker in Beach Club rooms are the Cuisinart pod machines.

🍼

I have only had keurig in my BC rooms. My first stay there was in 2018 and I brought my 1 cup keurig maker with me only to find a keurig in the room. I stay there 1-2 times a year and have never had a cuisinart pod machine 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’m just lucky?

I have only had keurig in my BC rooms. My first stay there was in 2018 and I brought my 1 cup keurig maker with me only to find a keurig in the room. I stay there 1-2 times a year and have never had a cuisinart pod machine 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’m just lucky?

I really don't know how many of the BC rooms have Keurigs and which ones have the Cuisinart pods. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences.

I would be very interested in getting an accurate email address that works so I can have the correct info on Page 1-

I have one of the addresses that the OP used originally:

wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

So , if that is not working, I would like to reference one that does

my final attempt came back today as undelivered. It was different though. Both WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com and WDW.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com came back immediately in the form of an undeliverable notice in my junk folder. WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com had worked until today when it came back as a delivery error to my inbox. Said connection reset by peer. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

my final attempt came back today as undelivered. It was different though. Both WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com and WDW.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com came back immediately in the form of an undeliverable notice in my junk folder. WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com had worked until today when it came back as a delivery error to my inbox. Said connection reset by peer. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Wow! You certainly have been making the effort to get in touch with the GM.

Thanks for trying so hard!

:faint:

If you've gone to Stormalong bay recently, do they still have the sign up for the "adult only guests over 18" hot tub and was it operating okay? Last time we were there, the temperature was way off and they ended up shutting it down for the week.

Anyone happen to be there now and could tell me the movies/actives calendar for October? Thanks!

Page 1924-1925

I posted this question on another site, so if this looks familiar, it probably is! In the interest of getting as much info and varying opinions as possible, I'm posting it here as well. If there is some restriction against doing so, my apologies and feel free to remove. That said:

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday I know we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half? I figure we can have a leisurely lunch at the resort and camp in regular seating for a bit if we did the last half of the day. If we did the first half, maybe it would be a good time to head on over to our Universal hotel and get settled in there? I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Having never gone to UO, much less split a stay in this manner, I'm interested to get others' thought on this.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As you have discovered, currently only full day cabana rentals are offered. We don't know if that will change or not as time goes on.

:cool1:

Hi, apologies if asked previously but what time does bus service to the parks begin each morning? And is bus service shared with Boardwalk? Assuming new “standard” early entry opens of 7:30 (AK), 8:30 (MK)….how early should I be hitting bus stop for first bus? Much thx!

When is your trip?

Just found amazing airfare, so we will be visting Yacht Club for our first time ever for 3 days in December. I need help with a few questions - if possible - thanks in advance.

1) Room Type - there was very limited availability, so I booked "Garden/Woods View. Is that ok? Do all rooms have balconies, or just some; and if I wanted to surprise my kids with a balcony, what should I book/have booked?

2) What room request should I make, if any? I had read about a King with a pull out, which would work best; if I request "King Bed" is that what we would get?

3) At other resorts, requesting a Ground Floor room saves a ton of walking; any pros/cons of that, if this room type DOESN'T have a balcony? Any other Room Request suggestions?

4) We have a very late night flight out on our last day; is there an ability to shower by the pool?

5) My teenage son LOVES hot tubs; our last trip to Coronado for a week; the hot tub was "under maintanance" the whole time :(. Are there hot tubs at the pool complex?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

The (few) rooms with King beds have a variety of layouts. Some have a pullout daybed, some have a chair (no extra bed).

You should be all set with a balcony room.

As others have said, a popular request for Garden View rooms is "gazebo view"

:cool2:

We just returned from our Polynesian stay last weekend and I told my DS that we were staying at the YC next trip. So I already booked a trip for Sept 24 - Oct 1 2022. So excited to be going back to my favorite resort. :woohoo: :cool1: :flower1:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Staying in a Beach Club villa 10/9 - 10/16. Can I bring coffee pods or do I need to bring a bag of ground coffee?

I'll add you to the list.

As others have indicated- the villas have Mr. Coffee type drip machines (ground coffee/basket filter)

☕

Completed our first stay at Beach Club this morning (myself, DW, and DS17). Stayed Thursday - Sunday night, via rented DVC points. Got a nice room (455) with an extended balcony, and were able to see EPCOT fireworks peek over the trees from extended portion. We had never visited BC or YC (or BW, Swan, Dolphin for that matter), although my wife recalls us walking the Boardwalk way back in 2000 or 2002 (assuming we jumped off an EPCOT-to-MGM boat).

I have to say, my wife and I absolutely loved it. We chose Beach Club because I wanted to visit Food and Wine for her birthday and really wanted to be able to walk right in. In our fortunate Disney vacationing life, we've been able to stay at Bay Lake Towers, Contemporary (A-frame), Wilderness Lodge (a few times...we love Wilderness), Shades of Green, Coronado Springs (our first on-property stay back in 2002), Port Orleans, and the Polynesian just last year (right before COVID hit). My wife liked the resort and location until our last day, when we finally agreed to have a resort half day (after a morning at AK). She loved the pool, Hurricane Hannas, the waterslide, and Beaches and Cream. She felt it was a bit of an oasis, with enough to Disney to feel like you are there, but not too much. She liked the location and sense of being a bit more isolated (in the DVC building), but still being close to the magic. We even walked back from Hollywood Studios the first night, after Skylining over. I recommended a boatride return, but wife and son decided we should walk. Both said we would not do that again :) Walking to start the day is awesome...not so much to end one.

She very much wants to stay there again. We talked at length regarding the convenience...probably the most dining options anywhere in WDW (EPCOT, the Boardwalk, BC/YC dining, and the Riviera a short skyride away). The room itself was nice, though we missed the extra bathroom the Polynesian studio had. We did not make it halfway through our Kitchen Sink, but there were only three of us, and we foolishly ordered entrees first! I really appreciate this thread over the past few months...learned a lot about BC and some of the insights in here saved us time and stress. I understand the love for this resort clearly...well deserved!

Thank you for the review of your stay!

Glad you enjoyed the resort.

:dogdance:

Figured I'd say hi. I have, unless the DVC system messed up a few months ago, a Beach Club one-bedroom reserved over Princess Half Marathon week/end. BC has been a goal since my cousin and I started with Princess 6 years ago, and I'm still pinching myself that I managed to snag this reservation! I never wanted to stay at BC with her or my kids, because then we're at SAB worrying about the kids. Princess is our adult time, though, and I'm pretty psyched. Let's hope for not-freezing weather so we can make full use of SAB.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter