• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There's about a 2.5 loop using the sidewalks that encircle the Epcot Resorts on Epcot Resorts Boulevard and E Buena Vista Drive. If you head out the front of the YC, past the guard shack you'll pick up the sidewalk. I usually head left past the Dolphin, Swan, then left on Buena Vista, over the canal and take a left back past the BW. Sidewalk disappears for about 150 feet after BW but you can run on the grass. Under the canal that goes to Epcot and you'll be back to the BC and then YC. I'll repeat this for a 5 miler and then do some loops around Crescent Lake and up the path that leads to HS. It's pretty easy to get a "non boring" 8 - 10 miler in, in my opinion.
Thanks! This is really helpful.

They are from an Etsy store here in Scotland, The Merry Ear Market, the fabric was super limited so there were only three pairs made, I think there might be 2 left.... I think you'd have to message Rachel and ask! Good luck! She does resort collections, I've got a pair of Poly ears too as they are perfect for an Ohana or MK day too. The GF ones are beautiful too but not my resort! The bags are unlimited though so she has plenty of those in different sizes, that's an accessory one but she has ear bags! You can find her on Instagram too.

Thank you!

Question -- our next trip will be our first at BC as a family of 5. Is a party of 5 pretty much guaranteed a room with 2 queens and a daybed?

Hello, I haven’t paid much attention to the thread as I haven’t had a trip to BC/YC planned. However, I’m now considering a trip in August. Would anyone update me as to capacity at SAB? Are they still limiting the number of people allowed into the pool? If so, has it been capping out a ton?
I’m just debating on whether or not it would be worth it to pay to upgrade to YC. I love the hotel itself but the defining feature for me is SAB. If we couldn’t use it (we are not early risers), it would not be worth it for me to go.
I was there for one night a week and a half ago and went to SAB both days we were guests, and I never saw them limiting at all. It never felt jammed to me, but midday I did look around and noticed that I didn't see any available loungers/chairs, but you could still come in and maybe could have found one somewhere if you looked everywhere. I was just glancing around the main areas to get a feel for what it would have been like if we had come looking for a place for all of our stuff around 2-3:00. So no limitations at all that I could see or was aware of.

Do all Beach Club water view rooms have balconies? If not, which floors to request to better a person's chance for a balcony?

Do all Beach Club water view rooms have balconies? If not, which floors to request to better a person's chance for a balcony?
No they don’t. Well, actually I think they do but some have full balconies you can go out on and sit on, and the others have Juliette balconies that you can just stand behind a little rail on that is the width of the door, you can’t go out onto them. All YC (well, all but a few) rooms have full balconies. At the BC if you want a full balcony I would make that my only or at least highest priority request. Call (or chat, but I haven’t done that) and ask to add the request “full balcony, please” to your reservation.

Also, first floor water view rooms all have patios. But, a PP noting Juliette balconies is correct as not every floor above the first is guaranteed to have a full balcony at BC.

Also, first floor water view rooms all have patios. But, a PP noting Juliette balconies is correct as not every floor above the first is guaranteed to have a full balcony at BC.
I just wanted to add that I prefer the YC over the BC for multiple Reasons, but that’s one of them. A guaranteed full balcony. (I know a couple of rooms don’t have balconies. So maybe I should say nearly guaranteed, but that seems like overkill since it’s just a couple of rooms!).

ETA I kind of quoted the wrong post, hopefully @Theta will see this as well!

Dee, I haven't been on much lately and was heartbroken to read the news on your husband. You and your family are in my prayers!!

Questions for the runners out there-
Husband is trying to train for a marathon and will want to get in a daily run. Is there a route that he could do around YC to get some distance in or will he be doing a lot of laps?
The distance is "officially" .8 miles around Crescent lake. This is the official running path. As a PP noted, your Husband can run the asphalt path to HS and back to YC to lengthen the distance of a running loop. I believe the distance of the HS walkway is about 1 mile (more or less).

I can personally attest that the wooden, Boardwalk portion of the official Crescent Lake path gets slippery early in the morning. Last month, my family walked the Boardwalk to get to HS for RD (7:30 a.m. +/-) and I slipped (but did not fall to the ground) on a wet, dewy Boardwalk. If your Husband runs later in the day, then it won't be as likely to be slippery on the Boardwalk but it is busier (and I don't know if the surrey bicycles are being rented out right now and if so, that will increase traffic along the Boardwalk).

Lastly, I believe there is an unofficial loop around the YC/BC and S&D that follows the EPCOT Boulevard (Unsure if that is the correct street name, but it is the main street that accesses the resorts), and my recollection was that unofficial loop is 1.5 miles. I walked it but don't recall exactly the length.

Hello, I haven’t paid much attention to the thread as I haven’t had a trip to BC/YC planned. However, I’m now considering a trip in August. Would anyone update me as to capacity at SAB? Are they still limiting the number of people allowed into the pool? If so, has it been capping out a ton?
I’m just debating on whether or not it would be worth it to pay to upgrade to YC. I love the hotel itself but the defining feature for me is SAB. If we couldn’t use it (we are not early risers), it would not be worth it for me to go.
My family went in June and capacity limits were not an issue. It obviously depends on when you frequent SAB, but I'm guessing that capacity concerns would be a greater issue for mid-day than night. My DS never had a problem at night. My DD and DS went 2x during the day (between 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.) and did not have an issue. Also, I haven't seen too many threads lately about capacity issues? But as to the future concerns with capacity, who knows?

They are from an Etsy store here in Scotland, The Merry Ear Market, the fabric was super limited so there were only three pairs made, I think there might be 2 left.... I think you'd have to message Rachel and ask! Good luck! She does resort collections, I've got a pair of Poly ears too as they are perfect for an Ohana or MK day too. The GF ones are beautiful too but not my resort! The bags are unlimited though so she has plenty of those in different sizes, that's an accessory one but she has ear bags! You can find her on Instagram too.
Thank you!

sorry if this is off topic a bit, but if i use the RP room requester feature, what should i do when i do the online early checkin as far as requests? they usually have 1 or 2 drop down choices for requests dont they? i dont want to mess up the TP request.

sorry if this is off topic a bit, but if i use the RP room requester feature, what should i do when i do the online early checkin as far as requests? they usually have 1 or 2 drop down choices for requests dont they? i dont want to mess up the TP request.
I would not rely on either of those for requests that your really want. If you have definite room requests, make sure they are listed on your reservation - either by calling in to add it or having your Travel Agent add them for you. As many others have stated here before, all room requests are just "requests" and not a guarantee that you will get what you ask for.

If, when you get there and the room doesn't meet your needs, you can ask for a different room at the front desk, but again, there needs to be availability for them to be able to do it for you.

Personally, I always use the TP request option, however I understand that those all go to a central room assigning group now, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. I don't bother with the On-Line check in requests because they are so limited they don't really make any difference. But I always have my TA add requests to my room reservation.

Again, not to sound like a broken record, the requests are only requests, and I more often than not do not get the "perfect room" like I dream about for months ahead of time.... :crazy:

I was there for one night a week and a half ago and went to SAB both days we were guests, and I never saw them limiting at all.
Are they still actively checking Magic Bands upon entry? (I'm hoping so as that seems to be what keeps crowding under control.)

I would not rely on either of those for requests that your really want. If you have definite room requests, make sure they are listed on your reservation - either by calling in to add it or having your Travel Agent add them for you. As many others have stated here before, all room requests are just "requests" and not a guarantee that you will get what you ask for.

If, when you get there and the room doesn't meet your needs, you can ask for a different room at the front desk, but again, there needs to be availability for them to be able to do it for you.

Personally, I always use the TP request option, however I understand that those all go to a central room assigning group now, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. I don't bother with the On-Line check in requests because they are so limited they don't really make any difference. But I always have my TA add requests to my room reservation.

Again, not to sound like a broken record, the requests are only requests, and I more often than not do not get the "perfect room" like I dream about for months ahead of time.... :crazy:

Understood. I was mostly asking if the check in request would somehow mess up the TP request. I am not using a TA, so to get a request added to my reservation I should call Disney or the yacht club directly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter