Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is it easy to get into Beaches and Cream without a reservation? Any particular time that we should go?
Short answer is no. There is limited capacity with the social distancing set up so that makes it even harder. They do have tables set up outside so that alleviates some of the indoor constraints but it is a popular destination for guests. In addition, with some of the area restaurants still not open it further compounds the challenge of not only getting an ADR or a walk up request. If you are staying local my suggestion would be to check with the CM at the booth outside of BC right when it opens to see what the day might look like for possible cancellations/availabilty.

Is it easy to get into Beaches and Cream without a reservation? Any particular time that we should go?
It is very difficult to get into Beaches and Cream without a reservation. The take out window is closed and the Covid restrictions mean that the restaurant holds less people. But you can try early in the day and late in the day. There were seating some people at the tables outside the front door. :)

Hello everyone! Our family (3 grown children) is planning a WDW vacation for January 2022. Each child is going to make their own reservations at their financial comfort level. After much back and forth between BC, YC, and BW, I've made reservations for my husband and I at the Beach Club, and I'm beginning to have doubts. Currently I have a non-CL water view room. Our priorities are a full balcony, followed by a king bed. Looking at the touring plans website room finder, I don't see ANY rooms of this configuration at the Beach Club. Am I doing something wrong?

Background: we are Disney vets, but have never stayed at any of the Epcot hotels and they have been on our wish list for a while.

Hello everyone! Our family (3 grown children) is planning a WDW vacation for January 2022. Each child is going to make their own reservations at their financial comfort level. After much back and forth between BC, YC, and BW, I've made reservations for my husband and I at the Beach Club, and I'm beginning to have doubts. Currently I have a non-CL water view room. Our priorities are a full balcony, followed by a king bed. Looking at the touring plans website room finder, I don't see ANY rooms of this configuration at the Beach Club. Am I doing something wrong?

Background: we are Disney vets, but have never stayed at any of the Epcot hotels and they have been on our wish list for a while.
I don’t know about the BC room configuration but if a full balcony is important to you I would suggest moving the the YC as all of those rooms offer full balconies & you can make the king bed your number 1 request. ( unless there is another specific reason you selected BC over YC)

I don’t know about the BC room configuration but if a full balcony is important to you I would suggest moving the the YC as all of those rooms offer full balconies & you can make the king bed your number 1 request. ( unless there is another specific reason you selected BC over YC)

Thank you. It's the little things, you know? I *think* we would prefer the decor of the BC rooms to YC. On the other hand, YC has the most recent room renovations, does it not? On the third hand (yes, as a mom, I have a retractable third arm, ha) I adore clowns and that clown pool at BWI really appeals to me. Also, plot twist: our oldest son may not be able to come, and if not, we plan to bring our then-6 year old grandson (his son) so I think that would throw the king room scenario further into question because we would need the pullout couch for him, on paper at least. By then, though, he may have grown out of his preference of wanting to sleep with us when he visits.

Personally, we just really prefer a king bed room when we travel because it feels roomier without the 2nd bed.

HELP ME I'M ALL OVER THE PLACE LOL

Thank you. It's the little things, you know? I *think* we would prefer the decor of the BC rooms to YC. On the other hand, YC has the most recent room renovations, does it not? On the third hand (yes, as a mom, I have a retractable third arm, ha) I adore clowns and that clown pool at BWI really appeals to me. Also, plot twist: our oldest son may not be able to come, and if not, we plan to bring our then-6 year old grandson (his son) so I think that would throw the king room scenario further into question because we would need the pullout couch for him, on paper at least. By then, though, he may have grown out of his preference of wanting to sleep with us when he visits.

Personally, we just really prefer a king bed room when we travel because it feels roomier without the 2nd bed.

They removed or are in the process of removing the clown from the clown pool at BWI.

Mickey and Friends Theme Fully Revealed for Former "Clown Slide" at Boardwalk Resort (blogmickey.com)

The regular resort room would be a safer option if you think you will have more than two people in your room. :)

Last edited:
They removed or are in the process of removing the clown from the clown pool at BWI.

The regular resort room would be a safer option if you think you will have more than two people in your room. :)

The clown is gone! It is a Mickey themed slide now:

Also, there is no reopening date on the schedule for the Boardwalk Inn side of the resort. The villas are available.

I agree with the prior post--if a full balcony is a must--choose YC.

I'm not sure this will help you, but here are some thoughts.

Our first few trips to WDW were when our kids were 10 & 12 - a girl and a boy. And without knowing anything about Disney World, we stayed at BC because it looked pretty in the photos.

Of course the kids could NOT share a bed, and even if they were both girls or both boys, they probably wouldn't have wanted to, and the day bed was perfect as we could have one queen, daughter had the other queen (just sayin') and son was happy as a clam with his own space on the day bed.

For years BC was my favorite, until I finally was able to stay in a room on the ground floor with a patio - before that, we always ended up in a room with what we called "the Pope balcony" and always wished for a real outdoor space. We loved the "prettiness" of BC, and liked the décor much better than Yacht Club.... until I stayed one time in the Yacht Club to be closer to friends who were in the Dolphin. Over the course of that stay, I found I really liked the YC over the BC simply because I was able to get a balcony without stressing over it, and it really is much more centrally located between Epcot and HS.... AND, over the years, having the boat dock close has become more important to me.

Now, each trip, I do still walk through BC just because it's so pretty (and I love the smell), but honestly, comparing the shops and quick food options, the YC and BC are pretty much equals. I'm not a huge fan of the nautical theme, but the rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable.

I think they should have replaced the clown with Dumbo instead of such a generic scene. Would have kept with the theming, but they didn't ask me.
I said the EXACT same thing! I think it would have been perfect to go with Dumbo! The set up was there, all those big red curls from the clown could have been room for the ears. Then they could have had the trunk raised up and people come out of Dumbo's smiling mouth! I'm guessing they were going for the cheapest route they could get away with!

The general consensus is that you shouldn't request a particular room; if that room is not available, the person doing the room assignments won't know what is was that you liked about that room so they won't be able to help you with what might have been a good alternative.

The thing with TP is while yes, you click a certain room number, the pre-populated field fills with the room-assigner-code for things such as floor, direction facing, and lists room numbers starting with the one you clicked and others in that row/pod.You can then in the larger box put some information such as prioritizing what you are requesting (recommended to do no more than 3.

As an example, a few years ago when I was staying in a preferred room at Sports, my request larger box read something like:
"I would like to request...
1st priority - Surf's Up! section
2nd priority - 3rd floor
3rd priority - corner room"
So that way the assigner knew to first look for availability in Surf's Up! and then see if any of those were third floor, and then if any were corner rooms. I ended up Surf's Up, 3rd floor, one room away from the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter