Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Regarding whether you can book a 5th person in a 1-bedroom villa at the Beach Club: there used to be one rule if you were booking on DVC points and a different rule if you were making a cash reservation through Disney. I'm not sure what the rule is now.
How quirky but good to know!

Staying YC water view 1/24-1/26. Based on Touring Plans room finder we have the greatest chance of getting a great view of Crescent Lake by requesting a king bed. Anyone have experience with that?

From experience at other resorts, Touring Plans' room finder is kinda notoriously off when it comes to room categories. It's not updated very frequently and Disney has a habit of shuffling rooms around to different categories.

I've had success with the service but definitely take it with a grain of salt. Whatever your most important request is, that's the one you want to focus on. If it's a view of Crescent Lake, I would just put that. Otherwise you could end up in a King room looking over SAB. For us, being closer to the elevator is more important than having a King room so we picked a room near them, and noted that in the comment box. Our TA will also put that on the reservation.

:welcome: to the thread!!!

What are the ages of the members of your group?

As a family of 5, you will be given priority for a room with a daybed because you must be given sleeping surfaces for everyone on the reservation (over the age of 3). That is, you should be given a room with a daybed before a family of 4 who has requested one.

I think it is still a good idea to add the need for a daybed to your room request.

:cool1:

Thanks!! My boys are 17, 10, and 8.

From experience at other resorts, Touring Plans' room finder is kinda notoriously off when it comes to room categories. It's not updated very frequently and Disney has a habit of shuffling rooms around to different categories.

I've had success with the service but definitely take it with a grain of salt. Whatever your most important request is, that's the one you want to focus on. If it's a view of Crescent Lake, I would just put that. Otherwise you could end up in a King room looking over SAB. For us, being closer to the elevator is more important than having a King room so we picked a room near them, and noted that in the comment box. Our TA will also put that on the reservation.
Thank you so much for this tip!

Page 1755-1756

@ Dee
Oh girl! You were working so hard with all those updates! Now, I have a change for the BOG List. Due to the refurb at CR, I am now splitting my stay with GF. I was kicked out of YC last summer and kicked out of CR next summer.😜 I originally didn't have the dates totally correct anyway. June 13-16 is GF and June 16-21 is YC

Thank you for all your hard work!!

Thanks for the kind words!

No problem at all. I'll update your listing.

:goodvibes

We had a few extra DVC points so I decided to tack on 4 nights to our summer vacation in a studio at BCV August 8-12th. We are staying the 12th-15th at VGF then the 15th-22nd in a 2 bedroom at Jambo. My kids know about VGF and AKL but I think we're going to surprise them with our stay at Beach Club- they love SAB! I'm a little concerned about the allergy offerings at Beach Club and around the Boardwalk, doesn't appear to be as many options as before and not any available in that area through mobile order.

Wow! Sounds like an incredible trip. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Staying YC water view 1/24-1/26. Based on Touring Plans room finder we have the greatest chance of getting a great view of Crescent Lake by requesting a king bed. Anyone have experience with that?

:welcome: to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

Interesting. I am not aware of a connection between rooms with a king bed and a Crescent Lake view, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

The advice from @kylenne is excellent. Focus on your priority request.

"Crescent Lake view, please. King bed if possible".

"Room with king bed please. Crescent Lake view if possible"

:cool2:

Current lunch/dinner menu at BC Marketplace, with and without prices.
No extra charge for the 2 views! :teeth:

Here’s the BC Marketplace breakfast menu. Checking out today, so until October for our next trip happy planning and trips everyone!

Still here..... “working” overtime.....:rolleyes1. Sorry for the light glare in the picture but I think you can see most of the items.

As always, thanks for going above and beyond, even in your last moments at the resort!

:thanks:

Just so everyone is aware, the twitter department is not back so any tweets will not get to the cast member or their team.

If you have compliments, it is best to email them and if they are for a cast member at the Yacht or Beach, you can email the GM and she will make sure the cast member is recognized.
Thank you for this...I was going to do both. Now will just send the email.

We just booked a stay at the BC in Early June for my Crew of 5. Celebrating my oldest graduating from College, my middle graduating from HS. Youngest is 15, so its like a 5 adult trip. We have a Q-Q-Daybed/Sofa reserved, hoping (*fingers crossed) that a nice upgrade might be available. Been to WDW many times both off and on property. Looking forward to our first time at BC!

I'm late getting to this thread! I have 4 nights booked at the YC for February - 2/6 - 2/10 - a girls only trip with my best friend :hug: . Stayed at the Beach Club many years ago with the family, but this is my first stay at the Yacht. Really looking forward to the trip. I've been fortunate to have several trips on my AP this year, even with the closure, but I think this will be the last for a while.

Thanks for all the great info!!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to check to see if I have your trip information listed correctly. Let me know if you have any requested additions or changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes

I must have failed to provide our October dates: 7-15, 2021 - BCV. Sadly, our May trip will be at BWV. . .tried for BCV, but DH wants his turn at his favorite. I like BWV, but the shower/toilet area in the studios is so dark and small. :headache:

Been up since 4am and dd instantly dragged me to Epcot and Hs ! I did not get many pix yet but here is 2069 water view .

Grabbed some wine , cupcake and apples with caramel for a night snack .

Compared to Gf my last 2 stays I like the layout better . More storage ! Bed is not as soft though but still nice .

i can try tomorrow to get menu pix .
1C265456-5CFB-43E0-A796-E7278BB12E73.jpeg24A0E36D-258C-43C6-B6CE-0D925C2ADA75.jpegA7FF68AE-54F8-4E1C-AE6F-68E2B8C38D19.jpeg2739665C-CF7C-4636-9E74-FBF753F2FF3D.jpeg2C6E8ADB-55DE-4C88-8265-94211AC839AD.jpeg

We just booked a studio at Beach Club Villas for the week of memorial day. Any word if when the hotel opens more dining offerings will open? Cape May? Yatchsmans? I read the hotel opens the 30th and we check into the Villa side on the 30th.

Regarding whether you can book a 5th person in a 1-bedroom villa at the Beach Club: there used to be one rule if you were booking on DVC points and a different rule if you were making a cash reservation through Disney. I'm not sure what the rule is now.
I tried to book a 1-bedroom for 5 people with cash, they wouldn't allow it. Cash reservations only allow 4.

I'm not jealous I'm not jealous I'm not jealous......................:sad:
1pm!
Great place to be if you want to get to HS timely!

CFB45DDB-FA95-4A57-8598-07C659080A88.jpegA792A91E-B96F-4F51-BAA3-D43B3A7D945D.jpeg‘Dd got our boarding group at 7!

I ordered her breakfast and my coffee last night. They said7:30-8am for hours even though it’s 7am on menu. I said I would like as early as possible. They called at 7:05 it’s ready md on the way👍

They opened HS 8:10.

We did SDD, TSMM, MMRR, 2 RR, Star Tours, then our boarding group. Then we asked at BD if any stand by and seated 11:10 for lunch and I was starving,

Walked to Swolphin and shopped and now in the room for a break.

1pm!
Great place to be if you want to get to HS timely!

View attachment 550318View attachment 550319‘Dd got our boarding group at 7!

I ordered her breakfast and my coffee last night. They said7:30-8am for hours even though it’s 7am on menu. I said I would like as early as possible. They called at 7:05 it’s ready md on the way👍

They opened HS 8:10.

We did SDD, TSMM, MMRR, 2 RR, Star Tours, then our boarding group. Then we asked at BD if any stand by and seated 11:10 for lunch and I was starving,

Walked to Swolphin and shopped and now in the room for a break.
Wow, great day already. 😀 love that view in the morning.
Did you order from room service?

We just booked a studio at Beach Club Villas for the week of memorial day. Any word if when the hotel opens more dining offerings will open? Cape May? Yatchsmans? I read the hotel opens the 30th and we check into the Villa side on the 30th.
We just got back from BCV and during our stay I was chatting with a manager, one who has helped us out with past issues and she mentioned that there was still no word when Cape May or Yachtsman would open. I think one of the issues with Cape May is where the waiting area is, basically shared with the BC lobby and adjacent checkin area. It can get pretty congested during busier times so not real conducive to social distancing. The Yachtsman has similar space constraints in that the waiting area is basically an inside hallway with limited seating. Not sure these are the only limiting factors but definitely come in to play in the grand scheme of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter