Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I haven’t eaten there since Covid, but this would describe my experiences too. Pretty good/fresh food thoughtfully prepared, great service. It’s not one I come back raving about or a place I’d go out of my way to eat when at WDW, but it’s a perfectly good dining option IMO....
Thanks for your honesty. I had considered making an ADR at The Wave [we've eaten here 4 times and wanted to try something new] but I thought it'd be easier to just stay at the BC/YC/BW vicinity for the convenience....this whole Covid dilemma has really limited our choices. We weren't even able to make any park reservations, so that eliminates any ADRs at a park restaurant...that includes the fact that my DS is a CM [a server at Chefs de France] and he couldn't even do anything.

Thanks for your honesty. I had considered making an ADR at The Wave [we've eaten here 4 times and wanted to try something new] but I thought it'd be easier to just stay at the BC/YC/BW vicinity for the convenience....this whole Covid dilemma has really limited our choices. We weren't even able to make any park reservations, so that eliminates any ADRs at a park restaurant...that includes the fact that my DS is a CM [a server at Chefs de France] and he couldn't even do anything.

Well, we just had a fantastic spur of the moment lunch at The Wave last week (and great meals over the summer too). I’m never one to turn down The Wave!

I would put Wave and A&C on similar levels though. Maybe a slight nod to Wave (just wish there were windows in that place!). A&C has a better brighter/fresher decor IMO.

....that's what I was afraid of...I was sensing that vibe too....I don't hear too many DISers raving about it - I guess that is why it was kinda easy to get an ADR in such short notice....
We ate there for breakfast and dinner in Nov. Breakfast was good...we had the American Breakfast and 1 morning I had the blueberry pancakes. Dinner was hit for DH, a miss for me. We had the burgers 1 night, very smoky and large. I had to deconstruct mine because it was too much to bite. Fries were not fresh tasting. DH liked the pasta and shrimp dish, I had the seasonal flatbread and it was a fail for me and I'm not a picky eater. One night we ate at Trattori and we both split the steak...it was great.

We ate there for breakfast and dinner in Nov....I had the seasonal flatbread and it was a fail for me and I'm not a picky eater. One night we ate at Trattoria and we both split the steak...it was great.
...well, we have an ADR for that place too....ate breakfast there twice but never dinner.....the lasagna al forno and the pasta alla Bolognese there sound super dee-lish!

....we're doing a split stay - BCV and then YC...I can't wait! I wish the Yachtsman was open - we totally LOVE that place! Best creme brulee` on property too!

Really? How so? :scratchin

I guess I look at them both as solid second tier options at their respective resorts. CR has Cali Grill and YC has Yachtsman as their ‘higher end’ ‘premier’ dining...Wave and Ale & Compass fill that ‘next level’ roll. Good food, thoughtfully prepared, and often really good service. To me they both always seem pretty consistent too, trip after trip.

I guess I look at them both as solid second tier options at their respective resorts. CR has Cali Grill and YC has Yachtsman as their ‘higher end’ ‘premier’ dining...Wave and Ale & Compass fill that ‘next level’ roll. Good food, thoughtfully prepared, and often really good service. To me they both always seem pretty consistent too, trip after trip.
....fair enough. I definitely agree with you re: The Wave - consistently good food, great service, decent atmosphere.

Just wanted to quickly weigh in on the Ale & Compass. We’re at the BW right now and did a mobile order from A&C. Order was perfect! Plus we got a 10% DVC discount. We ordered the seafood pot pie and cheddar burger...... I just need my burger! Food was still warm after our walk from YC to BW. I can’t speak for the actual dining in experience but the food was very good for the price paid!

Just wanted to quickly weigh in on the Ale & Compass. We’re at the BW right now and did a mobile order from A&C. Order was perfect! Plus we got a 10% DVC discount. We ordered the seafood pot pie and cheddar burger...... I just need my burger! Food was still warm after our walk from YC to BW. I can’t speak for the actual dining in experience but the food was very good for the price paid!
....thanks for that....we decided to keep our ADRs for A&C, plus we also got an ADR for Todd English BlueZoo.

While we were at the BCV in Oct. there was a painting crew working by the Dunes cove pool. Can anyone give an up date on were they are now. They were by the rooms by the hot tub in Oct. They seemed to be moving towards the main pool area. We are returning in Jan as our California plans have been cancelled and I'd like to know where they will be as they are rather loud during the day. TIA

While we were at the BCV in Oct. there was a painting crew working by the Dunes cove pool. Can anyone give an up date on were they are now. They were by the rooms by the hot tub in Oct. They seemed to be moving towards the main pool area. We are returning in Jan as our California plans have been cancelled and I'd like to know where they will be as they are rather loud during the day. TIA
I walked by the pool on Saturday (actually staying at BWVs) and the setup, lift and construction fencing were on the side of the resort to the right as you exit the BCV lobby to enter the pool area. I couldn’t tell what the status was though.

Staying at Yacht Club next week!! So excited. Wondering if the buses have been coming earlier than an hour before park opens?

The question of pet dogs at the Yacht Club comes up periodically and I wanted to confirm that pet dogs are not restricted to the first floor. There was a guest who had a small dog in a standard view room on the 4th floor of the YC when we were there the last week of October. We saw the dog outside the building, in the elevator and on the fourth floor. We saw the dog waiting for its owner to open the door to the room. I was surprised to see that they didn't limit pet dogs to the first floor, since I thought that was the plan. The dog was quiet and we only heard two little barks from the room across the hall from us. I think the dog was in room 4176, or near it. The dog was well behaved when we saw it.

The question of pet dogs at the Yacht Club comes up periodically and I wanted to confirm that pet dogs are not restricted to the first floor. There was a guest who had a small dog in a standard view room on the 4th floor of the YC when we were there the last week of October. We saw the dog outside the building, in the elevator and on the fourth floor. We saw the dog waiting for its owner to open the door to the room. I was surprised to see that they didn't limit pet dogs to the first floor, since I thought that was the plan. The dog was quiet and we only heard two little barks from the room across the hall from us. I think the dog was in room 4176, or near it. The dog was well behaved when we saw it.

I think the first floor wing by closest to Hollywood Studios is the preferred area to put people who have dogs with them, but my understanding is that any room at the resort, including club level when it is open, is subject to housing dogs.

:dog2:

FWIW...When we were there last month we saw 2 dogs the day we arrived. That was the last we saw of them. We were on the 2nd floor and did not see any tags on the doors.

Just want to weigh in on Ale and Compass too. I did mobile order for breakfast there 4 times during my Thanksgiving trip and each time was great. I ordered the blueberry and bacon pancakes twice because they were so good, much better options than quick service. And even better, I got to bring the food back to the comfort of my own room to enjoy. It spoiled me from ever returning to quick service breakfast.

Pro-tip: For later meals, Storm-a-long Bay is a lovely place to enjoy a meal.

Pro-tip: For later meals, Storm-a-long Bay is a lovely place to enjoy a meal.
....love, love, LOVE Hurricane Hanna's!

enhance

enhance

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter