Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My opinion is your text timing may be influenced by what time your said you’d arrive when you did online check in. I have had experiences that contradict that statement, but many that support it. As always, YMMV!
I didn’t know until yesterday that you could even state what your expected arrival time is 🤦🏼‍♀️. Went to update my card for incidentals and was like “oh look at that.....” I’m obviously very observant 🙈

I didn’t know until yesterday that you could even state what your expected arrival time is 🤦🏼‍♀️. Went to update my card for incidentals and was like “oh look at that.....” I’m obviously very observant 🙈
Apparently neither am I! Where on the MDE app do you enter your expected arrival time? Thanks!

Apparently neither am I! Where on the MDE app do you enter your expected arrival time? Thanks!
I was doing online check-in on the website so I don’t know about the app. I just went to modify check-in so I could change my card on file, and as I scrolled down around the area where you can make room requests you can put estimated arrival time. It automatically puts 3pm, but you can change that with a scroll down thing. I will obviously see if it changes anything, I’ll be arriving around the same time on the next trip as I did a few weeks ago when I didn’t change the time, so I’ll be interested to see if anything different happens.

I am trying to write up something about the ways for guests to give feedback or request service during their stays. Regarding the QR code- I believe you said something shows up on the TV Resort Channel. Does the QR code also appear on a welcome letter in the rooms or is it available elsewhere, like on posters in different resort locations?

:thanks:

Here’s the progression as I’ve observed it.

For awhile the resorts were leaving a paper letter in the room from the GM that had their email address to contact with any issues.

Later last year’ish (approximately, don’t quote me on exact timing) that started to change over into the same letter but with a QR code, not a personal email address.

Sometime around this time I also started noticing the QR code on the resort TV scroll (the station that continually runs YC/BC info, not the parks channel).

At the moment, they don’t appear to be leaving physical letters in the rooms, so it’s just on the TV. I don’t recall seeing the QR code around other places at the resort.

Note, the QR code takes you to a webpage to enter your name and room number. The interface is a bit like Disney surveys. It ONLY works during your stay. If you try after your stay, you’ll get an error after you enter your name and room number. I mistakenly tried to use it after a few stays to leave cast compliments.

Hope that is helpful!

I am concerned about the crowd levels for our weekend get away during Columbus Day at the Yacht. But my daughter has a show in Perry, Ga to be at a few days before and since we will already be down that far, we will just go ahead and go.

Here’s the progression as I’ve observed it.

For awhile the resorts were leaving a paper letter in the room from the GM that had their email address to contact with any issues.

Later last year’ish (approximately, don’t quote me on exact timing) that started to change over into the same letter but with a QR code, not a personal email address.

Sometime around this time I also started noticing the QR code on the resort TV scroll (the station that continually runs YC/BC info, not the parks channel).

At the moment, they don’t appear to be leaving physical letters in the rooms, so it’s just on the TV. I don’t recall seeing the QR code around other places at the resort.

Note, the QR code takes you to a webpage to enter your name and room number. The interface is a bit like Disney surveys. It ONLY works during your stay. If you try after your stay, you’ll get an error after you enter your name and room number. I mistakenly tried to use it after a few stays to leave cast compliments.

Hope that is helpful!
I also got an email from the GM which takes you to that same website, although you have to have location enabled on your phone so it can tell you’re actually there. Twice it told me I didn’t meet requirements for sending a message, so I went and changed my settings not realizing that a very specific one was off (and I had to google how to find that after the message I got). Most of my time during my stay the channel with the QR code was having some issues, it was really digitized and the code just couldn’t be read, but thankfully that email did the trick.

I also got an email from the GM which takes you to that same website, although you have to have location enabled on your phone so it can tell you’re actually there. Twice it told me I didn’t meet requirements for sending a message, so I went and changed my settings not realizing that a very specific one was off (and I had to google how to find that after the message I got). Most of my time during my stay the channel with the QR code was having some issues, it was really digitized and the code just couldn’t be read, but thankfully that email did the trick.

Good call, forgot about the emails. I got one from the GM at BLT and Poly in July but not YC this trip. I guess perhaps because I had already used the feature (although shockingly coordinated for Disney standards!). Lol.

Has anyone sent a package down to Yacht Club since the resort re-opened? Was it any different than before? I'm thinking of shipping a few things via USPS to arrive a day or two before we check-in. I've sent items in years past to other resorts, but so many rules have changed with COVID.

Hey all! Wanted to share a little about our recent stay. It was our first stay at YC. We really enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again. The CMs were all very friendly. Our room was ready two hours before our arrival. We did end up with a room that did not have a sleeper couch. I was thinking that most rooms had them, but after reading some more, maybe that's not the case. Our kids ended up having to share a bed, which they weren't expecting, but turned out not to be a big deal. The lack of a sleeper couch meant two desks. There is a little one on wheels that is tucked under the bigger desk.

Things I loved: Loved a lot of things; the layout of the room, the balcony, the wardrobe closet and the way it was arranged, being able to walk to Epcot and HS (no park hopping was a total bummer though..but not YC's fault), Ale and Compass for breakfast, laid back atmosphere, beautiful grounds, bus transportation was never a long wait and never crowded, housekeeping did a great job of coming every other day and taking our towels and trash and replenishing with plenty of towels. I'm a big fan of the new housekeeping situation wherein they don't need to do more than towels, trash, toiletries. Oh, and I loved that there were individual toiletries and not the ones bolted to the wall.

Things I didn't love: It was really hard to find a quick meal. The Market is very difficult for meal purposes if you have any sort of allergy. The staff have nothing to reference for the hot food that is made to order. It's not their fault. They do need an allergy notebook like WDW has had just about everywhere else for ages. There needs to be more training. They were also low on a variety of items and were running out of things. Again not their fault. The parks are closing early and more people are looking for dinner at their resorts. This is something higher up management needs to be taking care of. We ended up eating Uncrustables for dinner one night and I was feeling bummed for not just packing peanut butter and jelly. Nothing wrong with Uncrustables...just would have been nice to have more options after a long and exhausting day.
It would also be cool if The Market had more Yacht Club merch and WDW merch vs clothing brands that one can find at a mall off property.

In the middle: I love dogs and LOVE animals/all sorts. If someone wants to bring a friendly kangaroo who loves to travel on their vacation, that's fine by me. I do feel that after 10pm the kangaroo, or dog, or whatever creature one has brought along, needs to be quiet. There were some nights that neighbor's dogs were barking well after 10pm. Not just a - I need to go out- bark, but a barking and barking and barking and barking... ... For us, we were up anyway, but I could see it being a real problem for those trying to sleep and needing to get up early the next day.

The balcony was great, but it was covered in dirt..as in layers of dirt. So, I had to wash it down before we could really use it. I know..I know..it's outside and dirt happens. I like the outdoors. I don't really mind dirt, except when I sit down after just getting ready. I don't want to be wearing dirt on my backside after having sat in the chairs. It's a deluxe resort. Wiping down the balcony furniture after each guest should be something that happens.

All in all it was a great time and I just wanted to share our individual experience to give others an idea of what to expect.

Hey all! Wanted to share a little about our recent stay. It was our first stay at YC.

All in all it was a great time and I just wanted to share our individual experience to give others an idea of what to expect.
Thanks for sharing. We're heading there next week and it's nice to get a up to date report!

In the middle: I love dogs and LOVE animals/all sorts. If someone wants to bring a friendly kangaroo who loves to travel on their vacation, that's fine by me. I do feel that after 10pm the kangaroo, or dog, or whatever creature one has brought along, needs to be quiet. There were some nights that neighbor's dogs were barking well after 10pm. Not just a - I need to go out- bark, but a barking and barking and barking and barking... ... For us, we were up anyway, but I could see it being a real problem for those trying to sleep and needing to get up early the next day.
This is one aspect we didn't think about when we made our AKL to BC to YC move. We like animals as well (we have our own menagerie including a dog) but the one thing that drives my wife nuts is dogs barking uncontrollably at night. I know the chances are slim that we would encounter this, but if we do I will be the one in the doghouse!

This is one aspect we didn't think about when we made our AKL to BC to YC move. We like animals as well (we have our own menagerie including a dog) but the one thing that drives my wife nuts is dogs barking uncontrollably at night. I know the chances are slim that we would encounter this, but if we do I will be the one in the doghouse!
You're right though, the odds are probably in your favor. It didn't happen every night for us, but did increase after the week became more busy. That could have impacted that particular dog?

Hey all! Wanted to share a little about our recent stay. It was our first stay at YC. We really enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again. The CMs were all very friendly. Our room was ready two hours before our arrival. We did end up with a room that did not have a sleeper couch. I was thinking that most rooms had them, but after reading some more, maybe that's not the case. Our kids ended up having to share a bed, which they weren't expecting, but turned out not to be a big deal. The lack of a sleeper couch meant two desks. There is a little one on wheels that is tucked under the bigger desk.

Things I loved: Loved a lot of things; the layout of the room, the balcony, the wardrobe closet and the way it was arranged, being able to walk to Epcot and HS (no park hopping was a total bummer though..but not YC's fault), Ale and Compass for breakfast, laid back atmosphere, beautiful grounds, bus transportation was never a long wait and never crowded, housekeeping did a great job of coming every other day and taking our towels and trash and replenishing with plenty of towels. I'm a big fan of the new housekeeping situation wherein they don't need to do more than towels, trash, toiletries. Oh, and I loved that there were individual toiletries and not the ones bolted to the wall.

Things I didn't love: It was really hard to find a quick meal. The Market is very difficult for meal purposes if you have any sort of allergy. The staff have nothing to reference for the hot food that is made to order. It's not their fault. They do need an allergy notebook like WDW has had just about everywhere else for ages. There needs to be more training. They were also low on a variety of items and were running out of things. Again not their fault. The parks are closing early and more people are looking for dinner at their resorts. This is something higher up management needs to be taking care of. We ended up eating Uncrustables for dinner one night and I was feeling bummed for not just packing peanut butter and jelly. Nothing wrong with Uncrustables...just would have been nice to have more options after a long and exhausting day.
It would also be cool if The Market had more Yacht Club merch and WDW merch vs clothing brands that one can find at a mall off property.

The balcony was great, but it was covered in dirt..as in layers of dirt. So, I had to wash it down before we could really use it. I know..I know..it's outside and dirt happens. I like the outdoors. I don't really mind dirt, except when I sit down after just getting ready. I don't want to be wearing dirt on my backside after having sat in the chairs. It's a deluxe resort. Wiping down the balcony furniture after each guest should be something that happens.

As far as a barking dog goes, you must have a lot of patience. I would have gotten dressed and went down to the night manager and complained. Barking after 10pm would not be acceptable.I don’t understand why they are still allowing pet dogs during this pandemic. Dogs can get COVID.

Hey all! Wanted to share a little about our recent stay. It was our first stay at YC. We really enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again.

*snip*

Thank you so much for the very descriptive and candid review of your trip. Lots of great, helpful details.

Glad to hear the overall reaction was positive, and that you are entertaining a future stay at the Yacht Club.

:goodvibes

Lunch Options on Cabana Day? We have rented a cabana for a day, but with the Hurricane Hanna menu being so limited at the moment, I'm wondering what other lunch options may be available. I see conflicting information on whether room service is currently being offered at YC, but if it is, could I just order room service and have it delivered to the cabana? I had also thought about getting hamburgers to go from Beaches and Cream but it looks like their take out menu is limited to ice cream. I'd welcome any suggestions for lunch on our cabana day. Thanks!

Last edited:
Lunch Options on Cabana Day? We have rented a cabana for a day, but with the Hurricane Hanna menu being so limited at the moment, I'm wondering what other lunch options may be available. I see conflicting information on whether room service is currently being offered at YC, but if it is, could I just order room service and have it delivered to the cabana? I had also thought about getting hamburgers to go from Beaches and Cream but it looks like their take out menu is limited to ice cream. I'd welcome any suggestions for lunch on our cabana day. Thanks!

In room dining is available at YC and BCV, but it’s only breakfast and dinner at the moment.

7DC4A4FA-7185-427A-B768-BF2979F87BDB.png

If looking for something besides HH, I’d mobile order from the Market at Ale & Compass and just walk over and pick it up. It’s a quick walk from the cabanas.

Just got moved to the Yacht Club due to our resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge) being closed. Very excited to spend a long weekend here. It will be our first time staying here. Quick question: how have the crowds been around the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter