Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow, that's so different that our experience. In each case, the chef came to the table, and spoke with the guest about what they could and could not have. They did ask if anything on the menu looked good, and if so, they could alter, but usually, they ended up creating something totally around her needs. We were very impressed.

The restaurants where we ate that trip and experienced this were: Rose & Crown, Tokyo Dining, Coral Reef, Yak & Yeti, Skippers, Sci-Fi, BOG breakfast, Ale & Compass breakfast (menu, not buffet), and some of the QS ones, especially Satuli. I'm pretty sure everywhere we ate, they did everything they could to accommodate her, and if they didn't have separate fryers or something like that, they suggested something else for her. This was in November of 2018, so not too long ago. Has it changed that much in 2 years?

This is 2017, 2018, and 2019.

My guess is when it is something like "nightshades" that has to be explained and isn't covered on their allergy menu, they're a little more flexible.

Being gluten-free, which IS listed on the allergy menus, R&C, CR, SC...all were "this is it...we could adapt XYZ if you REALLY wanted it..." It just came off as "You have a standard allergy that is on the menu. Pick from that."

Only Boathouse have they ACTIVELY said "Let me know what you want and I'll come up with something" - though all I wanted was the Wedge and a Burger.

I also have generally not even bothered if there is nothing on the allergy menu I'm interested in (anything where cooking with soy sauce is such a big part...WAY too easy for them to make a mistake and grab the wrong bottle so nothing in China, Japan, or Yak & Yeti). And the "we have an allergy menu that covers yours" attitude has kept me from even bothering if there are only a couple of things.

Wow, that is disappointing to hear. No idea if they have a dedicated fryer there TBH but I'm going to ask.

Boathouse does not - though not being celiac (just a wheat allergy) I risked it and was fine.

A lot of the DS places don't have dedicated fryers from gluten-free reports. I'd have to look at gluten-free reviews to be sure, but A&C is another sticking out as not having one.

Edit to add: It's not specifically addressed regarding A&C in the reviews I found just now. But given that the entrees that include fries are NOT listed as gluten/wheat safe, my assumption would be that it is not dedicated. (I know...assumptions...)

Last edited:
Speaking of mug refills, I keep forgetting to ask- Are you allowed to bring an old mug from home and have it "re-activated" for your trip? We have sooooo many because we get them just about every trip, but I really don't need a new one.

No, they are not able to re-activate a mug and it would cost the same anyway, even if the chip was still working.

For jemtx
You aren't having the mugs scanned, you just show the mug and they fill a disposable cup for whatever beverage you are wanting. Just ask at the time what proof to bring if you dont want to carry the mug around. I'm sure there are options.

No waffles, all hot food will be stuffed handheld sandwiches. The breakfast scrambled egg/sausage/bacon one is sooooo good. There is also a mcmuffin style one but with pancakes as the bread that comes with syrup.

Ale&compass has mobile order right? So you could get a coffee and then mobile order for breakfast if you wanted waffles.

Yes, you can refill with coffee. Cans will be handed out (extremely limited options) if you want a soda 'refill' and don't want to go to a standard refill spot.

Thanks for this update! I walked through last week and was greeted by the manager in the lobby. I put in my request for mickey waffles with him but I will survive with pancakes as long as coffee refills are available. (And yes, I could make it to yacht club for coffee if I had to. I was just being silly... for the most part ;) )

Any info on SAB? Will the entire thing including the slide be open?

Oh gosh. We live in S. Central LA & are looking at the latest maps for TS Marco & H. Laura for next week. I sure hope they don’t both hit us back to back like some predictions show. 😬. Luckily the cones both seem to be large, so I don’t think they really know where either are going definitely. We went today & got our supplies. While shopping, we saw lots of people buying water & maybe a case or two of beer, except for one little old lady. She had her cart FULL of cases of beer and bags of prunes, 🤣. I don’t why I found that so funny, but I giggled all the way home about it.
We have 21 days to our trip. We so need it!::yes::

Oh gosh. We live in S. Central LA & are looking at the latest maps for TS Marco & H. Laura for next week. I sure hope they don’t both hit us back to back like some predictions show. 😬. Luckily the cones both seem to be large, so I don’t think they really know where either are going definitely. We went today & got our supplies. While shopping, we saw lots of people buying water & maybe a case or two of beer, except for one little old lady. She had her cart FULL of cases of beer and bags of prunes, 🤣. I don’t why I found that so funny, but I giggled all the way home about it.

If she drank enough of that beer she would not need the prunes!

I have friends in Slidell and friends/ family in Pensacola...keeping the Gulf States in my prayers. Stay safe!

We live in Morgan City, LA so we are watching this super close.

Any info on SAB? Will the entire thing including the slide be open?

No idea on the pool. They did manage to get enough lifeguards to cover the pool so I can't imagine any portion would be closed off. That would be very hard to control. Hopefully the slide will be open. The slides are open at the other resorts aren't they?

No, they are not able to re-activate a mug and it would cost the same anyway, even if the chip was still working.

For jemtx
You aren't having the mugs scanned, you just show the mug and they fill a disposable cup for whatever beverage you are wanting. Just ask at the time what proof to bring if you dont want to carry the mug around. I'm sure there are options.

I asked about re-activiating the mug because I have read for years of reports of people doing it, and just didn't know if upon re-opening they were still doing it. Have you actually asked and were told no? I am not worried about cost, I know it will be the same and don't mind paying because for us it is for the drinks and refills, not just the mug itself. We still feel there is a good value to it.

If you aren't having your mugs scanned, then how do the CM's know your mug is still active then?

I asked about re-activiating the mug because I have read for years of reports of people doing it, and just didn't know if upon re-opening they were still doing it. Have you actually asked and were told no? I am not worried about cost, I know it will be the same and don't mind paying because for us it is for the drinks and refills, not just the mug itself. We still feel there is a good value to it.

If you aren't having your mugs scanned, then how do the CM's know your mug is still active then?

interesting because I have never read of people reactivating a mug from a prior trip.

No idea on the pool. They did manage to get enough lifeguards to cover the pool so I can't imagine any portion would be closed off. That would be very hard to control. Hopefully the slide will be open. The slides are open at the other resorts aren't they?

They've routinely closed sections in the past for refurbishment, so it's definitely possible :)

I was curious about the slide because you'd have to be able to walk out of the pool area and across the walkway without a mask to reach it. Probably not a very big deal but I can never predict what is and isn't considered a health risk these days.

I noticed that they just updated the hurricane hanna’s menu. There is still food on the menu, but mostly just sandwiches, no more hot items such as burgers, fries or chicken. 😕

Not much on it for food, lots of drinks that we probably need

Attachments

• 89648655-9589-4EAA-BD22-D5A20B9E3A0A.png
    89648655-9589-4EAA-BD22-D5A20B9E3A0A.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 90
I noticed that they just updated the hurricane hanna’s menu. There is still food on the menu, but mostly just sandwiches, no more hot items such as burgers, fries or chicken. 😕
Probably because they're only opening the bar side. At least there will be some food items available, although I do opt for a tasteless disney burger ever now and then.

Last edited:
I recently booked our next summer trip BWI CL/Poly split stay. I know CL is up in the air and now BWI opening is postponed so I added YC for the first half of our split.

We love BC but haven't stayed in a little while but YC will be a first!! Kinda getting excited that we will be trying a new place in one of our favorite locations!

Dee please add us to the YC list for 7/7-7/12/21.

Thank you!! Now I need to catch up on what I have been missing at the BC/YC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter