• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Curious if SAB could take the place of a water park if we decided to stick around the pool for a full day? I know it has a slide and lazy river but not sure that's quite the same thing. We're looking to fill our Friday (day before we depart) with either Volcano Bay over at UO, another WDW park (maybe another HS day), or just save the money and chill poolside.

Curious if SAB could take the place of a water park if we decided to stick around the pool for a full day? I know it has a slide and lazy river but not sure that's quite the same thing. We're looking to fill our Friday (day before we depart) with either Volcano Bay over at UO, another WDW park (maybe another HS day), or just save the money and chill poolside.
It's taken the place of a water park for my family for 12 years and counting! :teeth: :)

Obviously it depends on what you're looking for, but at our pace it's great.

I have to be honest, I do find there is a limit to how long we can stay there just swimming. We go to the pool and 2, maybe 3 hours is max, however, if you broke it up with eating or Beaches and Cream and then got back in the pool, that would work.

Also, my kids love the activities, which is anther way to break up the time. One of the best is the mickey tie dye shirt (I think around $10 or so but I get a DVC discount). My boys and girls did it one year and it is one of their favorite things to sleep in and they have such fond memories from it. But it a little larger so they can sleep in it and enjoy it.

We really love SAB and while sometimes I worry I don't plan enough pool time in, if we pop over after the parks for an hours or so it is just perfect.

You can make a day out of it and if you are good at relaxing, it can be a great feeling to not have anywhere else to go and really take advantage of it. We don't plan enough of those days into our trips because there are always so many fun things to do.

Just this latest trip, I was planning to do just that and then a CM mentioned the fishing excursion for 2 hours and I checked my schedule and saw ...oh full pool day...and then stuck that in there. So now its pool day with fishing in the middle. LOL

For our family, SAB does not replace a water park. Even with SAB, we always visit at least one water park on every trip. We love SAB, but if we want to ride water slides, float in the lazy river, and go in the wave pool, we do that at a water park. Yes, while SAB has those things (minus a wave pool), it’s not the same as a water park. There is only one slide (two if you count the little slide in the toddler area) and the lazy river isn’t like a lazy river at a water park; it’s a pretty small area and short ride around.

Last edited:

Since only SAB will be open I think your team could make it work since the WDW water parks are not open for the foreseeable future. That is unless your team needs another chance at RoTR, MMRC, or SDD.

UO Volcano Bay might be fun but will you have a car?

Dave

I heard the NBA will be leaving YC soon (if not already gone). Has anyone noticed the blue tarps coming down yet? We will be at BWV next week and it would be lovely if they were down so we can walk all the way around the lake. :)

It may depend on what days you will be there next week. The YC opens on Monday Aug. 24 so the fence / blue wall should be gone before then. Worst case you will have to make do with 1/2 a lake walk. To be honest we have never been impressed by the section between the YC and the Dolphin anyway :duck::duck:

Dave

Maybe too much of “high touch” surfaces?
Are they taking them out of ale & Compass market too?

Freestyles can only serve 1 guest at a time, 2 fountains that serve 4 at a time were never supposed to be replaced with just 2 freestyles. Guests take too long, have trouble using them, there is just 1 spout so plain water can often be mixed with other things (coloring the water and changing the taste). They rely on WiFi and need updating all the time.
Etc, etc etc.

Obviously all these things don't really matter when a CM is serving the drinks, but not all CMs can work the machines well or even know the drink lineup/layout so it can still take some time if people want drinks the CM doesn't know.

I have always preferred true fountain style diet coke so I'm excited about the change. Freestyle diet coke always taste wrong.

They are not being removed from MAC. This is just a BCM refurb. It was on the schedule for late May/early June before the closure.

Are adults allowed to wear "swim belts" in SAB? I always put on one of those yellow straight jackets when I go into the lazy river/whirlpool....but just hoping I can wear one of those simple blue belts. Any ideas?

I have a question. If you were to try and get a villa at Beach club but they had known available. Could you still use your DVC points on the resort side?

Are adults allowed to wear "swim belts" in SAB? I always put on one of those yellow straight jackets when I go into the lazy river/whirlpool....but just hoping I can wear one of those simple blue belts. Any ideas?

Yes, you can wear that swim belt in any pool at Disney.
I believe there is also a selection of life jackets that may be available, but in the era of Covid-19, those jackets may have been removed, so it's best that you bring your own swim belt.

:fish::fish::fish:🦈:fish::fish:

~NM

Has anyone used a portable crib or pack-n-play in a BCV studio with the couch bed open? I am trying to figure out where the crib would fit. It looks like really tight quarters.

When we stayed at the GC we placed it at the end of one of the queen beds. Is there even room to do that in a BCV studio?

I have a question. If you were to try and get a villa at Beach club but they had known available. Could you still use your DVC points on the resort side?

No, as the resort isn't open. But there is a separate collection of Disney hotels that you can use your points on. It is a horrible value per night. Extremely excessive point cost as DVC and Disney resorts are not the same company. DVC would have to pay for those cash rooms and that's why you would be charged so many points. Exchanging out of your own collection (DVC resorts) is not a good idea with how expensive DVC is.

Your better bet would be to try to rent out your points, then pay cash for a cash room.

Head over to the DVC forums and they can give you lots of info.

Has anyone used a portable crib or pack-n-play in a BCV studio with the couch bed open? I am trying to figure out where the crib would fit. It looks like really tight quarters.

When we stayed at the GC we placed it at the end of one of the queen beds. Is there even room to do that in a BCV studio?
There is room for the crib near the sliding door.

Ninja Mom,
I don't where to look in your signature, but I like it!! :flower1:

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Page 1660-1661

Hoping to stay at YC in April 2021. We’ve stayed at BC before. Besides the decor, are there any major differences between the two?

I'll pencil you in for April!

:cool1:

Others have provided input about the differences in the two resorts. Personally, I find there are things to love about the differences at both resorts, and I am equally happy staying at either.

Here is the post from Page 1 outlining the differences.

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
Lighter, beachy décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
Room attributes include carpets on floor, ceiling fans*, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers *ceiling fans may be in the process of being removed from rooms at the BC (2018)
Shared resort bus picks up and drops off at YC first

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony (exceptions: 5163, 4163, 3163, 2163 and 1163)
Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.
The Market at Ale & Compass is smaller and offers different quick serve food items than the Beach Club Marketplace.
Shared resort bus usually picks up and drops off at the YC first

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

Note- regarding dogs- I do not know if dogs will continue to be welcomed for stays at the YC or other resorts upon reopening.
Does anyone know???

:dog2:

Here is a video of Riviera from my favorite vlogger pre covid. Just watching it made me want to stay there.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you for sharing the info about Riviera.

:goodvibes
Got an email from Disney...I chose still coming. My reservation is not until Nov. I hope they are not going to close more resorts!

Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it's still waiting for you to come and experience it. That's why we are excited about your upcoming Disney Resort hotel stay.

We ask that you kindly review all of the following operational updates then click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button here or at the bottom of this email to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.

Here are a few of the changes.​

Interesting- thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup2

i am not there but have been reading through the threads here. Minnie Vans are not running. If you try uber or lyft at park opening you have to be careful not to arrive too early because cars cannot get in early and have to keep driving around (which someone said increased the cost). Can’t sit in front seat of uber or lyft now so you could need a bigger vehicles or more vehicles than in the past. Many complaints about buses - seems like not enough running given the limited capacity. If you are comfortable driving and it fits in your budget, consider renting a car.

As always, thanks for the info.

::yes::

Garden Grill is open with a "modified" character experience. I believe the only other restaurant on property with any form of character interaction is Topolino's breakfast.

ETA: Also our family is staying at BCV August 22 thru 28.

Got it! I'll put your dates on the list.

:woohoo:

We stayed there Jul 18-25th didn't really have any issues with WDW Bus Transportation. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for the bus to MK one day (AK seemed to be quicker but maybe we were just lucky), but the travel time was quick with no additional stops to the parks or back (which is an improvement vs previous years). Just a note that there is no bus service to DHS but the Skyliner was easy to get to and took about 20 minutes (give or take). If you're just wanting to go to the parks I wouldn't spend the money on a rental but if you wanted to go to other places I'd consider that or an Uber/Lyft.

We appreciate the info about your experience with transportation during your trip.

:thanks:

Regarding Stormalong Bay, I would take it as a good sign that my friend who works with the water activity department (not sure exactly what, but she is more than just a lifeguard) who had been temporarily reassigned to Galaxy’s Edge posted on her FB this morning that she will be in a swimsuit at Yacht and Beach Club starting Sunday.

:welcome: back to posting on this thread.

That's great news!!!

Thanks for letting us know.

:fish:

Is there a staircase near the YC secret entrance?

:welcome: back to this thread.

Do you have a trip to the resort booked or are you in the planning stages?

:magnify:

Just here to agree with this! We were there last week and had no issues with transportation. In fact, we often had buses to ourselves. It was pretty nice!

We were relocated to Riviera due to the NBA Bubble and we honestly weren't very excited about it. But we just got back from our trip and we absolutely LOVED it. Yacht is our favorite resort as well, and they have a similar feel to me: modern, clean, elegant. Really pretty art all over the hotel. Great cafe in the lobby. We just fell in love with the 1BR. And we had a lot of fun being on the Skyliner. I hope you enjoy!

Thank you so much for letting us know about your trip, and for your thoughts comparing YC/Riviera.

:thanks:

New to thread and so happy to be here so I can try to learn all things BCV! Have my first stay booked here 9/3 – 9/8. This will be our second trip since reopening - we did a 7 night family trip staying at SSR back in mid-July. This time around, it’s just adults though. Looking forward to our annual adults Labor Day trip so much. We know it will be different from years past, but I still can't wait. Excited to be staying at BCV for the first time also.
Currently trying to figure out if I should request anything through online check-in or just roll the dice. Off to read as much info as I can.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Happy reading!

Please let us know if you have specific questions- I see others have posted some thoughts about the online check-in and requests at the villas.

:cool2:

We're going Thanksgiving week again this year and since I know it's going to be a resort-heavy vacation, I'm thinking of booking YC. I think I'll just have to see how things go with SAB and AP discounts!

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil your prospective trip to the list.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter