Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I believe that the Standard View rooms at the BC are the worst Standard View on property. It will be a roof top or a parking lot. Only you can decide if that matters to you

We have stayed in a standard view room at the BC several times when we used a particular travel agent. I really like the standard views at the BC because they either face toward the lake or they face toward the MK and some of them have a view of the fireworks in the distance. There are worse standard views at other deluxe resorts, like at YC, imo. :)

Many of the garden view rooms at the BC face the trees. You are so close to the trees that all you see are trees with maybe a few fireworks peeping through the branches. But we still prefer to book garden view when we can, rather than standard, because they tend to be more convenient to Epcot.
Do you know if that’s the case with YC as well? I chose standard forever ago thinking we wouldn’t spend much time in the room. If it’s awful I might just see if I can upgrade to garden if they have room.
The garden view rooms are much better than the standard view rooms at the YC. Many of the standard view rooms at the YC overlook the service area where there is noise from service vehicles. Many of the garden view rooms have a sideways view of the lake and are really nice. :)

My family is staying at the YC in October but my mom and I have a conference in September and I wanted to take her to YC on the way to Epcot one day. Since our conference is off property, we would likely Uber in. Can we do that? Take an Uber to YC even though we aren't staying there? My excitement over the October trip has captured her interest and she wants to see the hotel. We could certainly hit Food & Wine and then leave through YC.

We are staying at BCV for the first time in less than a month for four nights. What is the best option for ordering a case of water (maybe 2) and maybe some beverages (wine or beer/etc...) for the room at the end of the day? How does that work? Do I have to hang out at the room until they are delivered because of the ID? Will they text me when they are on their way so I can slip out of F&W to meet them and then head back to Epcot? I might just forget it but we definitely would want the water. What are the options and what are the pros/cons to each option?

My family is staying at the YC in October but my mom and I have a conference in September and I wanted to take her to YC on the way to Epcot one day. Since our conference is off property, we would likely Uber in. Can we do that? Take an Uber to YC even though we aren't staying there? My excitement over the October trip has captured her interest and she wants to see the hotel. We could certainly hit Food & Wine and then leave through YC.

Sure. The guard shouldn’t ask but if he does say that you want to get a snack at the Marketplace at Ale and Compass.

We are staying at BCV for the first time in less than a month for four nights. What is the best option for ordering a case of water (maybe 2) and maybe some beverages (wine or beer/etc...) for the room at the end of the day? How does that work? Do I have to hang out at the room until they are delivered because of the ID? Will they text me when they are on their way so I can slip out of F&W to meet them and then head back to Epcot? I might just forget it but we definitely would want the water. What are the options and what are the pros/cons to each option?

You can buy bottled water in the marketplace, just not packaged as cases. Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now... grocery delivery is often discussed on the DVC Mouscellaneous Board.

My thought is why does the view matter? Will you really be in your room that much? I've never bothered to make a room request anywhere. I see people stressing over room location and views on these forums and I honestly don't get it - the view from a hotel room seems like such a minor part of the vacation. Pick the hotel you like the look of as a whole. :-)

Respectfully, I disagree...we had a YC water view and I spent hours on the balcony just relaxing. It was fantastic and relaxing especially in the morning. To each his own but as one of those who wants a particular room location, I think that if I'm paying this much for a room, I may has well try to get the best one available.

You can buy bottled water in the marketplace, just not packaged as cases. Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now... grocery delivery is often discussed on the DVC Mouscellaneous Board.

How much is the water there? Is it somewhat reasonable or are we talking $4/bottle? Also I am staying at BCV but I am not a DVC member I booked it through the normal Disney booking engine as a dining plan/ticket package. Does that change anything for me? I don't even know where I check in. I am guessing at the Beach Club lobby. The reason I booked BCV is so we would have one bed as it is a couples F&W trip.

Respectfully, I disagree...we had a YC water view and I spent hours on the balcony just relaxing. It was fantastic and relaxing especially in the morning. To each his own but as one of those who wants a particular room location, I think that if I'm paying this much for a room, I may has well try to get the best one available.

I'm with you. A balcony with a view is hugely important to us. We've been to Disney a million times, we're late 50's/late 60's and we no longer need to walk all day and all night. We get a lot of enjoyment out of a "room with a view". Nothing beats coffee or a cocktail on the balcony with a view. As mentioned, to each his own:).

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!
I've stayed at both and I avoid booking the standard view rooms. I personally don't mind looking at a parking lot or rooftop. I just REALLY don't want to be in one of those rooms with the SHARED balcony. Unfortunately every time you book a standard view, there's a possibility you may get one of these rooms. Some people don't mind, but I really do!
I've seen pictures of the shared balcony at YC so I know they exist. Not sure about BC.

How much is the water there? Is it somewhat reasonable or are we talking $4/bottle? Also I am staying at BCV but I am not a DVC member I booked it through the normal Disney booking engine as a dining plan/ticket package. Does that change anything for me? I don't even know where I check in. I am guessing at the Beach Club lobby. The reason I booked BCV is so we would have one bed as it is a couples F&W trip.

Just got back from bcv a few days ago. There is a desk in the bcv building but it does not always have someone working there, so check in at the beach club front desk.

I did not buy water but somebody else should be able to answer that question.

If you have specific questions I will try to answer them.

Hi all! I've been checking out this thread to get an idea on where to stay for the trip I'm planning for next April. I'd love everyone's input though to help me make a final decision by the time I book, which should be in Sept. (waiting to see if they do a military discount, and if not what other discount can we get). You can see in my signature the years and places we've stayed before and ages of my kids.

This trip will be to celebrate my retirement from the company I worked for over 20 years (it will be 22 when I retire). I took a leap of faith to take a position I was offered in a totally different type of company in May and I'm loving it, but I stayed on to work some weekends with the other company and so I can claim retirement. I'm not salary with them anymore, but the hourly pay I make is being put away for this trip and savings. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday that falls at the end of that week.

This trip will be just DH and I- and only the 2nd trip just the two of us. We've been with the kids mostly, did one trip with just DS2, I went with DS2 and his GF and the rest of their HS band to perform at WDW, and last summer and this past summer we went with both DS's and their GF's. DH said the next trip we do he wants it to just be the two of us because he really enjoyed our anniversary trip in Jan. I figured the week I picked in April will be perfect for the two reasons to celebrate!

After planning around multiple people, I welcome the ease of planning for just DH and I. I know our taste in food, we both wake up and go to sleep around the same time, we have similar wants as far as what to do in and out of the parks, yet we enjoy sometimes not planning and just going with the flow. One of our other goals is to stay in different resorts. We're not fans of split stays because we know we'll be coming back again. For our anniversary we stayed at BWI. I had no idea how much we'd enjoy it- I just picked it because it was the most similar to where we stayed for our honeymoon. But the balcony and view of Epcot, the closeness to Epcot and HS, and just the more "grown up" vibe of the resort really captured us. I figured this trip we'll be wanting to spend more time in Epcot for Flower and Garden and HS for Star Wars (we're SW geeks) so the location of YC or BC would suit us best.

So here's where I need YOUR help- which one to choose for us this time- Yacht Club or Beach Club? There may be other questions you'd have to ask me to help determine this, so ask away. I appreciate any help you can give me!

Hi all! I've been checking out this thread to get an idea on where to stay for the trip I'm planning for next April. I'd love everyone's input though to help me make a final decision by the time I book, which should be in Sept. (waiting to see if they do a military discount, and if not what other discount can we get). You can see in my signature the years and places we've stayed before and ages of my kids.

This trip will be to celebrate my retirement from the company I worked for over 20 years (it will be 22 when I retire). I took a leap of faith to take a position I was offered in a totally different type of company in May and I'm loving it, but I stayed on to work some weekends with the other company and so I can claim retirement. I'm not salary with them anymore, but the hourly pay I make is being put away for this trip and savings. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday that falls at the end of that week.

This trip will be just DH and I- and only the 2nd trip just the two of us. We've been with the kids mostly, did one trip with just DS2, I went with DS2 and his GF and the rest of their HS band to perform at WDW, and last summer and this past summer we went with both DS's and their GF's. DH said the next trip we do he wants it to just be the two of us because he really enjoyed our anniversary trip in Jan. I figured the week I picked in April will be perfect for the two reasons to celebrate!

After planning around multiple people, I welcome the ease of planning for just DH and I. I know our taste in food, we both wake up and go to sleep around the same time, we have similar wants as far as what to do in and out of the parks, yet we enjoy sometimes not planning and just going with the flow. One of our other goals is to stay in different resorts. We're not fans of split stays because we know we'll be coming back again. For our anniversary we stayed at BWI. I had no idea how much we'd enjoy it- I just picked it because it was the most similar to where we stayed for our honeymoon. But the balcony and view of Epcot, the closeness to Epcot and HS, and just the more "grown up" vibe of the resort really captured us. I figured this trip we'll be wanting to spend more time in Epcot for Flower and Garden and HS for Star Wars (we're SW geeks) so the location of YC or BC would suit us best.

So here's where I need YOUR help- which one to choose for us this time- Yacht Club or Beach Club? There may be other questions you'd have to ask me to help determine this, so ask away. I appreciate any help you can give me!
Congrats to you on your quasi retirement :)

I am not retiring but transfering from one department (in which I worked for 33 years) to another within the same company. I'm still about 7 years from retirement but it'll be here before I know it!

Anyway, we're staying at YC and BCV starting tomorrow! I don't know which one you will like better, though. If it makes a difference, I think YC bus pick up is first. I still have a lot to learn about these 2 resorts. Either one would work due to it's location for both Epcot and DHS. Incidently, this is the exact reason we chose these 2 also! SWGE opening is this thursday and I knew we'd want to be able to walk to it and to F&W. We went to Flower and Garden this past May and it was wonderful. Dh and I always took the kids on these trips when they were younger but the last one was in 2007 as an entire family....and dh said at the end of that trip that we'd always just come by ourselves (teenage girls can be a handful, lol)!

Page 1518

I'm back from a few days in DC dropping off my youngest on for his Freshman year at George Washington University. *sniff*

Wishing teachers and everyone who has kids in school at any age a wonderful school year.

:teacher:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the great information. We check-in on Friday for our first time at Yacht Club. We just booked a Garden View room for this trip. Is there a particular room request we should make at check-in? Thanks in advance for any advice.

:welcome:

Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to send you wishes for a fantastic trip before you checked in. Hope you are having a magical time!

:goodvibes

Couple things I’ve learned this week during our stay. For those of you who know Raouf and love him sadly he’s no longer at the Y&B. After many years I heard today he is now at Port Orleans. My kids just loved him. And the crafts/ceramics they used to do are no more. We were looking forward to it but gone for now. Other than that truly wonderful stay and we are enjoying every minute!

Thanks so much for the info.

That really stinks about the ceramics. It seemed popular and would be a great thing to do on a rainy afternoon.

:thumbsup2

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!

Let us know when you have booked.

I agree with you- the Beach Club vibe is more aligned with my family, but we are just as happy with the Yacht Club. Depending on the price difference, I would lean towards the YC, particularly with the promise of a full balcony instead of the coin-flip chance at the BC.

::yes::

You weren't really incorrect. I've posted this before and might clear things up a bit.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers would use to make the animals were towels that were going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as more and more guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, management decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

Very helpful info.

:thanks:

Hi everyone, next month will be out first time at BC. We have a garden view room. If we want to be as close as possible to SAB do I request "close to lobby" on my room request?

I have you down for a December trip at YC.

Is your trip next week at the BC an additional stay?

:dogdance:

Super excited - first time at Beach Club. Rented DVC Points for a Studio Nov 16 - 21.
It looks like we only get one day's worth of coffee/sugar/creamer, is that correct? If so, what style of coffee maker do they have in the Studio DVC rooms so we can bring our own?
Also, we're driving, is there a separate parking area for the DVC vs the regular hotel?
Bummed about them removing the freezer part of the 'frig unit, had been planning on bringing some frozen breakfast sandwiches.
Can you see the fireworks from Epcot at anyplace on the property? I saw one of the pictures from the SAB that showed fireworks.

Super excited - first time at Beach Club. Rented DVC Points for a Studio Nov 16 - 21.
It looks like we only get one day's worth of coffee/sugar/creamer, is that correct? If so, what style of coffee maker do they have in the Studio DVC rooms so we can bring our own?
Also, we're driving, is there a separate parking area for the DVC vs the regular hotel?
Bummed about them removing the freezer part of the 'frig unit, had been planning on bringing some frozen breakfast sandwiches.
Can you see the fireworks from Epcot at anyplace on the property? I saw one of the pictures from the SAB that showed fireworks.

Last week I had a Mr Coffee 12 cup coffee maker in my BCV studio.

There were 8 individual Coffee Mate creamers.

About 10 sugar packets, 10 blue artificial sweetener packets and 10 pink artificial sweetener packets.

2 French Roast coffee packets and 2 decaf French Roast coffee packets.

My fridge had a small freezer section but I don’t think every studio necessarily has the same model fridge.

Short answer: Yacht Club!
Full disclosure; we're DVC and own at the BCVs so are a little partial to the villas! :thumbsup2

Long Answer:
With the YC you are almost guaranteed a full balcony or patio. With the BC those odds are about 50%. In my opinion the YC is a bit more quieter than the BC and offers a more relaxing feel. The BC lobby seems to be a little busier primarily due to the traffic for the Cape May Cafe.

Both resorts have QS options and refillable mug stations in their respective QS locations [BC Marketplace and {YC }The Market at Ale and Compass]. For both resorts you'll have access to a variety of TS dining including the aforementioned Cape May Cafe [Buffet], Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Ale and Compass Restaurant. There is also Beaches and Cream. Lounges are plentiful, with Crews Cup [YC], Ale and Compass Lounge [YC] and Martha Vineyard Lounge [I'll call that BC side]. Last but not least is another QS option at SAB, actually just outside of SAB with Hurricane Hannas.

As previously mentioned by another poster, bus service advantage goes to YC as it's the first pickup to AK, MK, and DS and shares with BC. Walking is your friend for Epcot and HS, although I know that the walking option doesn't work well for everyone. I personally am looking forward to riding the new Skyliner "just because" on our next visit on October. May even the long way from IG to HS!

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either resort but to me the YC has few advantages as mentioned above.
Regardless of your choice you'll have a great celebratory vacation!

I know this group is probably bias but I am ok with that lol. A stay at Boardwalk has come up for $180 cheaper. It is a standard view and we have Water view booked at YC. We are only there 4 nights. To be in the same area is $180 more worth it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter