Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not that this is final- but we switched back to BC Garden view from YC water view:moped: I think this will be final! I’ve got a decision making issue- but with only 33 days away- it’s time to just be happy with our choice. I will strive to read no more reviews!! And the $376 saved covers our cabana booking and some souvenirs 😂😂😂

Page 1486

So the other day, I called to pay off our BWI Sept trip. And somehow, I booked another trip for Dec 15-21 at BC. I’m not sure how it happened. :confused3 :scared1: I got my DH On board by telling him, “Hey, let’s just keep it for now, & if we have a good time in Sept. we’ll keep it. And if we don’t we’ll cancel.” :laughing:

:welcome: back!

Excellent timing since Disney has just announced that Rise of the Resistance will be opening on Dec 5. Make sure you let your husband know you are a genius!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Can't wait for my first YC stay August 20 - 31. Love all of the info you have all posted. Wish I could do club level again but not in the budget for this trip. :sad2:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Hmm, this makes me nervous, I have been researching BC for a future trip. I don't go to WDW as much as some here do, but whenever I do I have never had an unpleasant experience with a CM, even a simple resort quick service food worker who may barely speak English. I still get smiles and warmth as if fulfilling my pancake order was the happiest thing they have done all morning.

Your experience is more what I encounter when I stay outside the World.

Man, what terrible luck.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Please let us know if you do book a trip to this resort.

::yes::

Just booked the yacht club for 8 nights in October this year. So excited. This will be the third resort we have stayed at (first was akl, and last year was poly). Really looking forward to the location and being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood studios, not to mention storm along bay! Got reservations for the yachtsman and breakfast at cape may 😁

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

You have covered my favorite features of the resort- the location and the awesome pool!

:goodvibes

Dee - will you please add our December trip to the Be Our Guest list. We booked a BC - SV room from Dec 4th to 9th.

We love staying at the BC or YC during the Christmas season because there is so much to do in Epcot. And the lobbies of BC and YC have fantastic Christmas decorations. We missed December in Disney last year because of work. But now that retirement is finally happening, I don't have to worry about pesky things like a job. :)

We were here back in October of 2018 for 6 nights and it was amazing. However, we returned this past June 26th -June 30th 2019 and it was an awful experience. It was a lot of little things but considering we were there for only 4 nights those little things added up quickly.

*snip*

Thank everyone I agree I know people have things going on and they are human and I get it but the attitude was everywhere at the beach club. Not sure why but everyone was too busy to be bothered and didn't seem to like being at work which I get. Maybe it was just a summer thing because when we went in October it was amazing the CM are very kind and genuinely cared. Regardless we ended up getting a credit this past Friday for $617.00 Not sure how they came up with that number we were only asking for 1 day ticket for the 3 of us to be refunded for that Sunday that we left instead of using. So this does make me feel better. I still hate my daughter didn't catch the Disney bug and really didn't see what all the hype is about. We will take her again when its much cooler and less crowded and try again. :)

I am so sorry to hear about all of the things that happened resulting in a disappointing stay for your family.

I'm glad that you received reimbursement in consideration for some of the issues- perhaps some of the additional refund was for the room the night the air conditioning was malfunctioning.

I hope you have smoother sailing on future trips.

:)

Page 1487-1488

We put two gallons of milk in the bottom area, so you should be fine.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you so much for this helpful info!

Hi--just booked a 2-bedroom for next June at Beach Club Villas. Woohoo! Does anyone know how far in advance you can book the poolside cabanas? Thanks.

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I believe the previous poster is correct and you can book the cabanas 180 days before your trip.

:beach:

:woohoo: Ive changed the BC cl to Gran Destino deluxe suite cl. very excited to try it out.

:woohoo:still got YC the 1st 12 nights with dining plan.

:woohoo:

I'll adjust the list.

Can't wait to hear what you think of your stay!

:goodvibes

As long as you can live without a balcony, I would say you should go with Grand Destino! From everything I’ve seen the past week (CM previews and now non-CM guests), it’s amazing! DH & I will be there in 3-1/2 weeks! :love:

Please let us know what you think of the Grand Destino!

:thumbsup2

Great, thank you! Was hoping for a bit earlier than 9am, but we can work with it. 11pm is excellent.

I don't think that Stormalong Bay ever opens before 9 am, but the 3 quiet pools are available at 7 am
(possibly earlier, but the posted hours are 7 am to 11 pm)

:fish:

Not that this is final- but we switched back to BC Garden view from YC water view:moped: I think this will be final! I’ve got a decision making issue- but with only 33 days away- it’s time to just be happy with our choice. I will strive to read no more reviews!! And the $376 saved covers our cabana booking and some souvenirs 😂😂😂

I'll update the list.

Dee - will you please add our December trip to the Be Our Guest list. We booked a BC - SV room from Dec 4th to 9th.

We love staying at the BC or YC during the Christmas season because there is so much to do in Epcot. And the lobbies of BC and YC have fantastic Christmas decorations. We missed December in Disney last year because of work. But now that retirement is finally happening, I don't have to worry about pesky things like a job. :)

Will do!

Please refer to my prior comment about being a Disney genius booking a trip during the opening of Rise of the Resistance prior to the official announcement!

:chewy:

IGNORE THIS!!!

Resort Activities

There are many activities like volleyball, BINGO, poolside Karaoke, and t-shirt decorating held daily at SAB for guests staying at YC, BC or BCV.

Activities change daily and guest will receive an activities calendar upon check in.

A Campfire and Marshmallow Roast is held on select nights on the beach in front of SAB. Check monthly calendar for the schedule. According to recent reports, marshmallows (a bag of 4) and sticks are provided but if you want to make 'smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers. I believe these items are available for purchase at the BC Marketplace.

campfire1kldmom2000.jpg

Photo by kldmom2000

Following the campfire nightly is "Movies Under the Stars".

The movies are shown either in the Solarium, outside on the Beach Club beach or on the grass in the Beach Club Volleyball courtyard. Check the calendar for the location of the nightly movie.

movie%20volleyball%20court2.jpg

July/Aug 2016
Photo by dandydad12

movie%20volleyball%20court.jpg

June/July 2016
Photo by dandydad12

MovieontheBeachJanetMom.jpg

Thanks for the photos JanetMom

Resort Activities

July 2019
July 2019 Movie Schedule, 9 pm popcorn::

Movies are shown on the beach and the campfire takes place every night at 7:30 pm

Sun- A Goofy Movie (G)
Mon- Lilo & Stitch (PG)
Tues-The Princess & the Frog (G)
Wed- Camp Rock (TV-G)
Thurs- The Muppets (PG)
Fri – Hercules (G)
Sat- Moana (PG)

June 2019

May 2019

Quick note: Check the time for the Regatta Run

April, May 2019: 8 am
Jan, Feb, March 2019: 9 am

Campfires are scheduled every night at 7:30 pm

(Campfires were suspended throughout Disney due to wildfire threats in the spring/early summer of 2017 and resumed in July.

All of the movies in May are being shown on the Beach Club Beach at 9 pm, unless there is inclement weather

April 2019

Easter 2019

Special Easter Sunday breakfast and brunch at YC and BC:

Cape May Café at Disney's Beach Club Resort: 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, 2019.

Ale & Compass at Disney's Yacht Club Resort: 7:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, 2019. This brunch will include All-You-Care-To-Enjoy items such as assorted flatbreads, seasonal salads, and house-baked pastries and spreads as well as a choice of entrée with a specialty mimosa or non-alcoholic beverage.

April 29, 2019 Pleasure Island 30th Anniversary at Beach Club Beach

March 2019

February 2019

A couple of things to note for February 2019

All of the movies in January are being shown indoors at the Seaside Retreat (formerly The Sandcastle kids club) at 6:30 pm

There are campfires scheduled for Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights, from 5:30 to 7:30. It appears that the movie starts while the campfire is still happening, so plan accordingly if you are trying to do both on the same night.

(Campfires were suspended Disney-wide due to wildfire threats in the spring/early summer of 2017 and resumed in July 2017)

January 2019

To see Activities Schedules from previous months and years, Click Here! Link to Historical Activities Schedules

Mermaid School, 2019

Guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Reservations are now open through 407-WDW-PLAY.

Note: Mermaid school will not be in session from January 5 to February 29, 2020 due to cold temperatures

Review, June 2019:

The Wonderful World of Wine, 2nd Wednesdays starting in Feb 2019
A new offering is coming to Yachtsman Steakhouse for guests looking to explore some wine. The Wonderful World of Wine will allow guests to explore some wines from Yachtsman Steakhouse as well as a small plate.

The wine tasting event is scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month, starting on February 13th. The cost is $45 per person and each wine tasting begins at 3pm. Guests interested in attending can call Disney Dining at (407) WDW-DINE.

Regatta Run, Thursdays starting in Sept 2018
3K run around Crescent Lake, Thursdays either 8 am or 9 am (check monthly activities schedule), $15, Lots of great swag!

Regatta Run Details

The route starts at the YC marina, heads over the Swan/Dolphin bridge, down the walkway to HS adjacent to the canal, U-turn just past the underpass/overpass, head back up the walkway, enter the Boardwalk by Jelly Rolls, run the Boardwalk, head back to BC/YC, under the SAB slide to the finish line where you started.

:cheer2:

Note:
8 am April, May 2019
9 am Jan, Feb, March 2019

View attachment 381005

View attachment 381004

Sunrise Yoga, Fridays starting in May 2018
Unwind on the Beach Club Beach at 7 am each Friday. Space is limited to the first 20 guests to arrive. Feel free to grab a mat and join a session in progress!
Arts & Crafts in the Solarium (June 2018)- materials fee required
Sunday- Ceramics
Monday- Design Your Own Vacation Pillow
Tuesday- Tidal Tank Tops
Wednesday- Design Your Own Tumbler or Wine Glass
Thursday- Driftwood String Art
Friday- Shell We Paint?- Join us in the BC Solarium for an instructor-led painting activity.
Activities on the Beach (June 2018)
Seaside Sunday- 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Tidal Wave Tuesday- 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Fun in the Sun Friday- 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Day Cruise Around the World- Bayside Marina (activity fee required)- June 2018

On June 1, Walt Disney World will begin offering a new boating experience named ‘Day Cruise Around the World’. The Bayside Marina at Disney's Yacht Club resort will offer guests the opportunity to board a pontoon boat with a captain. The boat will cruise around the World Showcase Lagoon and Crescent Lake for 60 minutes. Up to 10 guests will be able to be accommodated on the boat. Soft drinks and snacks will be provided, and if they so choose, guests can order additional food and beverage options through Private Dining. The cost per boat is $149 plus tax and gratuity. As more details become available about this we will be sure to bring you that information. To reserve this cruise call 407-WDW-PLAY.
Tye-Dye Mickey Shirt activity:
The Mickey T-shirt activity is making a tie-dye Mickey t-shirt (with the Hidden Mickey outline in the center). The recreation CMs have already rubber banded the t-shirt for that particular design. You get to pick your colors and apply them to the shirt. DD8 did it last September and it was $17.95. I helped her with it, it was a lot of fun, and her shirt turned out to be very cute. I saw mostly kids doing it, some with parents, but I think that anyone could do it. They wrap your shirt in plastic wrap then put it in a ziploc bag for you. When you get home, you just have to rinse it out and wash it. The longer the color stays on the shirt, the more intense it is. We charged it to the room on our KTTW card and it showed up as babysitting charges.
If you are a DVC member, ask about a discount on this activity.

Thanks for the photos ALMinVA and cindydare!

Ceramics-Sandcastle Club
2018: Wednesday 1 pm-4 pm, Saturday and Sunday 4 pm-9:30 pm
Bring the whole family to create your very own masterpiece! Ceramics must be picked up after 4:30 pm the following day. There is a materials fee charged for this activity.

2019:

June 2015:
Pool Tables and Ping Pong
October 2016:
Pool table located on upper deck gazebo above Hurricane Hanna’s. If you look at the second picture you can make out the shadowy figure and part of the pool table to the right of the windmill, under the triangular grey roof.

Ping-Pong tables can also be found somewhere within the Stormalong Bay area. And I do mean found- I think they move around from place to place.

Photo provided by cburek

Please refer to my prior comment about being a Disney genius booking a trip during the opening of Rise of the Resistance prior to the official announcement!
I booked the trip back in February, too. :) I also booked an August trip back in February that happened to overlap with the Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening date. :)
Now we will see if anything special happens in October. ;)

I had to call in today to book a tour for my husband, so I decided to see if the CM would be able to refund me the AP discount difference for the cabana I booked at SAB for September. Previously when I had called the CM said it wasn't allowing her to do it because they were all booked that day, and I would need to get the front desk to refund me. This CM was able to apply the discount, and I should see it reflected in 7-10 days! It pays to be persistent with Disney when you know that what you want to do is possible, and you just need a knowledgeable CM to do it.

I completely forgot that I needed to book DME until this morning-I have that all booked now, so easy to do online-phew! What stop is YC usually on DME?

I also already have our MBs, I got lucky and was able to upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I got the white Castle band for myself and DS's GF, DH has Darth Vader. They didn't have the Stitch I wanted for my DS, but I got something maybe better-Sorcerer Mickey! Our first trip he was 6 and once we saw Fantasmic! he fell in love with Sorcerer Mickey. The following year we went for MNSSHP and he had to have that as a costume-we got the sorcerer hat with the ears, a red wizard robe-he was just adorable. He's 24 now and we are taking him and his GF to MNSSHP-she is going to wear a Minnie dress and he wants to redo his costume from all those years ago-I can't wait to see it!

Sorry for the tangent, as the days roll by and it gets closer I just get more and more excited!

I've been watching videos of SAB, I am not a swimmer and some of that really looks intimidating to me. DH says he'll get me a pail and shovel and I can play in the kiddie section :o.

I completely forgot that I needed to book DME until this morning-I have that all booked now, so easy to do online-phew! What stop is YC usually on DME?
In my experience YC is usually the last stop. You will probably be combined with any combination of CBR, BWI, BC, then YC in that order. It depends on time of day and number of guests, but I would plan 90 - 120 minutes from landing.

I've been watching videos of SAB, I am not a swimmer and some of that really looks intimidating to me. DH says he'll get me a pail and shovel and I can play in the kiddie section :o.
Even better, if you order a kid's meal from Hurricane Hanna's you get the meal in a pail and shovel :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter