Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1475

Last year I purchased a fuel rod at AKL which I found convenient for the parks with two teens - switching a fresh one each morning on the way out. I just took a quick peek on the MDE app, and they show no fuel rod kiosk at either Yacht or Beach club. Is that the case?! I assumed each resort would have at least one location. Failing that, is there still one at the International gateway with all the construction?

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

I see you have a trip booked for August. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Thanks for your question. I had seen comments about the fuel rods before but didn't really understand what they were. I think I get it now. Awesome concept.

:sunny:

We’ve had a handicap room which was spacious but had a shower/tub combo, not a walk in shower. It had a handicap entrance push button. Room 2600, Juliet balcony, and looked straight towards the villas.

:welcome:

Thanks for this info!

Any chance you have a picture of the view from the room that you can either post here or email to me: beachclubdee at yahoo

:thumbsup2

We are booked for July 9-17, 2020 for beach club, wanted Yacht, but no availability for our dates in the category we wanted. Will be keeping an eye on this and discounts!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

How many were in your party? Having a 2Q room with a daybed is my only request for our August YC/SV CL reservation. It will be me, my sister, and her kids -- 16 yo son and 14 yo daughter. Did they offer to move you to a new room or was getting the roll away the only offer? DH and I had a YC/GV/CL room in February and we needed 2 beds due to some recent surgery -- just less likely to unintentionally hit a sore spot in the middle of the night. We wound up in a king room for one night where neither of us slept well and then were moved to a 2 bed room for the rest of our stay. Not ideal, but fine. I'd also made the request for 2 beds with signature services then. I don't have a lot of faith that they look at simple things like that -- just the more elaborate extra charge things like the extra fast passes, tours, etc. Thanks.

I can't remember if we discussed adding that there are two teenagers of different genders as part of your reservation request for a daybed. I think there are limited rooms available, but hopefully including this info will give the assigners additional motivation for granting this request if possible.

::yes::

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how early can you book a Cabana? We are starting to plan our trip for next February and I would love to have one booked. Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

It's official! My sister and I will be staying at the Beach Club (Garden View) from 10/13/20-10/20/20. We're going to be some birthday milestones (#50 for me [Apr] and #65 for her [Feb]. I was hoping for Yacht Club, but it seemed that they only had Club level rooms available in October 2020. Is there some sort of mega convention going on? Regardless, my Dreams agent will be watching for specials between now and then.

482 days and counting! ⛱

Also, can you see any fireworks from your YC balcony in any of the water view rooms?
The reason we are considering staying at YC over BC is because BC was a little too busy, noisy, and dirty for us....can you all think of any other reasons YC wins over BC?
Should we just stay with BC and hope that some of our issues are better the second time around?

Yup, you can see fireworks from Epcot and HS from some of the balconies at YC. We could see them both from our room that overlooked stormalong bay.

As for BC vs YC, I used to be team BC back when I was a kid, but as an adult I'm fully team YC. A lot because of the reasons you noted, we just prefer the vibe at the YC. We also love the way they renovated the YC rooms. Another huge plus to the YC is the barn door separating the sink area from the room so there is more privacy to get ready. Oh, and the YC rooms definitely have Keurig's, which I don't believe are in all the BC rooms (at least there wasn't one in our room last fall), so coffee snobs like myself can bring some better coffee to enjoy.

All that being said, we always end up booking whichever of the two are the cheapest, which lucky for us has usually been the YC.

Only rooms available for May in both resorts were water view or a club level. No standard or garden views at all in either hotel.

I have a feeling they may become available at a later date though, perhaps they are holding them for some reason.

Still, happy with my water view, but will be keeping a lookout for an AP discount!

Bookings for 2020 opened in the UK a few weeks ago. I booked Beach Club standard view on the first day as that's all that was available. After about three days the garden view rooms finally appeared so I changed. I think they take their sweet time uploading all the different rooms!!!

Just booked BC for Aug 12-22 2020!!!!!!

My family is super excited to be heading back to the Beach Club. We stayed there for our first visit to the world back in 2012 when my oldest was just 2 years old. My girls know we are going next year since we didn't go this year but my oldest still wanted to be surprised so, I will have to see how I can swing this.

We are booked for July 9-17, 2020 for beach club, wanted Yacht, but no availability for our dates in the category we wanted. Will be keeping an eye on this and discounts!
We booked July 3-12, 2020, at Yacht. Never been to Disney for the 4th of July so thought it might be fun.

So we aren't booking till military discounts come out in a few months but we are debating between BC and YC. On our last trip we had some issues with Beach Club and wanted to try Yacht Club but after looking at some of the water views at YC I am second guessing myself. The water view at BC was amazing! We are doing 3 or 4 nights at YC or BC then resort hopping to Shades of Green for the rest of the trip.
Am I remembering correctly that YC has full balconies while BC only has a portion of rooms with these?
Also, can you see any fireworks from your YC balcony in any of the water view rooms?
The reason we are considering staying at YC over BC is because BC was a little too busy, noisy, and dirty for us....can you all think of any other reasons YC wins over BC?
Should we just stay with BC and hope that some of our issues are better the second time around?
Correct on the balconies--all YC rooms have full balconies, some BC do. We've been able to see Epcot fireworks from some of our YC water-view room balconies in the past.

Does anyone know if we rent a cabana- but only need it for a couple of hours- can we offer the last two hours to a family who needs some pixie dusting?

Personally speaking I think that's a sweet idea, but I would be concerned if the family you pixie dusted it too damaged something - even accidentally, you'll be held responsible since you booked it and its under your name.

Personally speaking I think that's a sweet idea, but I would be concerned if the family you pixie dusted it too damaged something - even accidentally, you'll be held responsible since you booked it and its under your name.
Maybe a way to do this is to make sure you inform a CM that you are in fact "giving" the rest of your cabana stay to another guest. We may attempt to do this also and I already thought about this. If we do this, we will definitely get the CM's name and write it down in case there are any problems. They may say that we cannot do it, but it would be nice to pay it forward.

Maybe a way to do this is to make sure you inform a CM that you are in fact "giving" the rest of your cabana stay to another guest. We may attempt to do this also and I already thought about this. If we do this, we will definitely get the CM's name and write it down in case there are any problems. They may say that we cannot do it, but it would be nice to pay it forward.

I know how hard it is to have small kids- one needs a nap but you don’t want them napping in the sun- or one just needs mommy time- I know a Cabana would have been a huge blessing- but we would never have afforded it...it may not work out- but if we see a family in need (and you can generally discern the families that take care) we’d love to share the shade.

Page 1476

We are here now with a water view of the lake and Boardwalk area.
It is a lovely view!

Our housekeeping services are awful, but at least we have a nice view!

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

I hope you are having a fantastic trip!

Hi folks if all goes to plan over the next couple of months we're going to be at YC in December this year and will have a new baby with us. We've booked a garden view room but would ideally want a tub rather than just a shower. Does anyone know how many such rooms exist? Can anyone recommend one and do i need to phone Disney to put a request in for one?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

I'm not sure what the ratio of rooms with tubs vs. shower only is, but I can't imagine that they would not be able to assign a room with a tub for you if you requested it. Yes, call to add the request to your reservation.

We love everything about BC except the housekeeping. I think we've had our room serviced exactly twice before 5pm on dozens and dozens of stays. We've had it done as late as 9pm. I don't know why they can't get this together - we have not had this problem at any other Disney hotel.

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your post and input!

I'm just back today from 6 days at the YC and our housekeeping was or hit or miss. The first 3 days it was perfect; we even got towel art! (Remember when that was a thing here?) The second half of the week was...not great. Washcloths not replaced, used hand towels left behind, used glasses not picked up or replaced, floor not swept...On Thursday, my brother and SIL room was not serviced at all.
We were in room 3007 (water view of lagoon and boardwalk, tub, no shower dispensers, no day bed) and man, was it a hike! Even the concierge commented on it when neither Magicband would open our door. :P

Thanks for the feedback about your trip.

Do you have a picture of the room view that you can post here or email to me: beachclubdee at yahoo

I'm assuming you had 2 Queen beds. Did you have a tub/shower combo or walk-in shower only?

Thanks!

ETA: When I was looking at a posting of this room from 2014, it listed a daybed. So it must have been removed in the renovation!

Last edited:
She was here, then she was gone....

Sigh. We crunched numbers and decided that for this trip, we are going to try the new Tower at Coronado Springs and save some money. It's saving us a big chunk of change and taking away the worry about spending all that money.

Regretfully, please remove us from May 2020. :(

You never know, a fabulous AP discount may come out and I may sneak back in...:tiptoe:

Page 1477

Hi! We’ll be checking into YC CL a week from tomorrow & are so excited to try this resort for the first time. We’ve actually never stayed at any Epcot area resorts and are looking forward to seeing what that’s like. (Yayyy!). We’ll only be there for one night before heading over to AKL for the rest of the week so our room request doesn’t seem quite as important. However, I was curious if anyone on this thread has had a standard YC CL room that they particularly enjoyed. I’ve researched some room views and am aware of what we could potentially have, but still wondering if anyone has any input before I submit my request. (I can’t believe it’s already that time!) Thank you!:)

Sorry I missed out on the chance to :welcome: you before your trip.

Hope you had a great stay and that you are enjoying the rest of your trip.

For those who’ve had the opportunity to stay CL at both YC and BC in the semi-recent past, would you mind sharing which one you preferred, and why? We are torn! Thanks for any feedback!

:welcome: back!

When are you thinking of staying?

The management staff and food offerings are essentially the same.

I have had CL stays at both resorts, but they were pre-renovation and more than 3 years ago for YC and longer than that for BC, so I can't comment if one of the lounges is larger or has more seating available than the other.

I like them both- the YC rooms have full balconies, so that is an advantage to a stay at that resort. About 75% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies.

Personally- if there was a price difference between the two bookings, I would go with the less expensive one.

:cool2:

My mom and I did the ceramics painting earlier this year. It was great! The price was pretty reasonable (it depended on what you wanted to paint, but I think my mug was around $15?), they provide all the materials you need, and there was no time limit (which was good for me because I like to take my time with things). The only thing to note is that if you do the ceramics, they have to put it in the kiln, so it won't be available for a day or two, so try and do it earlier in the week. All other crafts you can take with you that day. You could also do any of the crafts any day of the week.

Thanks for the review!

We prebooked not long after the class was announced. I’m sure it will be based on the class on any given day what the age range will be, but I’d assume she’d be on the older end? We didn’t purchase a tail there but brought home info to order online (they privide a $10 off discount code at the class) and prices range from $109-119 on their website.

:thanks:

Booked for Sept 29-Oct 5! First time at YC! We are celebrating 20 years of Disney vacations. Thanks to the notes here, we booked a half day cabana on our SWGE day. Figured we might want to relax after getting up before the crack of dawn-lol. Looking forward to learning more from this group to make the most out of our stay!

I'll add you to the list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Just booked our 2020 trip! Can’t wait to return to our favorite resort! Dee, can you add us to the list? June 7-15, BC CL

You got it!

I've been looking and trying to figure out how long of a walk it will be from BCV to the new Epcot gondola station. We've never stayed at BCV and really want to try it. But, I'm having to convince my DH that we won't have to take a bus to HS . . . a la gondola.

How far is the walk? How would you equate it to to the walk from TTC to Poly?

Let us know if you can convince your family to stay at BCV. I went back to some of your previous posts to see if I have already given you a :welcome: to the thead and re-read your classic description of your daughter's sleeping habit!

:drinking1🐙

Made me smile!

I am signed up for Paining in the Vineyard next week! I will be sure to report back on how it goes :artist:

All I know right now is that there is no AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount lol
Refraining from inappropriate jokes based on unfortunate auto-correct!

:eek:

Yes, please provide the details and review of this activity. Thanks!

She was here, then she was gone....

Sigh. We crunched numbers and decided that for this trip, we are going to try the new Tower at Coronado Springs and save some money. It's saving us a big chunk of change and taking away the worry about spending all that money.

Regretfully, please remove us from May 2020. :(

You never know, a fabulous AP discount may come out and I may sneak back in...:tiptoe:

We will keep our fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for letting us know.

Ugh!! I’m debating switching back to BC over YC water view. I’m not sure a walk in shower is worth the $500 difference. But, I’m within the 60 day window and paid in full. I am not seeing a “change” my resort option..is there any way to check availability? I booked the free dining and wondering if that window for booking that special ended- anyone have tips on changing when you booked a special offer? Do I need to call?

I see my problem- on the app it says we have Yacht Club water view. When I log in on the Disney website it shows I have Beach Ckub water view which is odd because I originally booked BC garden view. On the website “MDE” it allows me to change hotel or view...but on the app it doesn’t. I’m just concerned each have me at different hotels???

Ugh!! I’m debating switching back to BC over YC water view. I’m not sure a walk in shower is worth the $500 difference. But, I’m within the 60 day window and paid in full. I am not seeing a “change” my resort option..is there any way to check availability? I booked the free dining and wondering if that window for booking that special ended- anyone have tips on changing when you booked a special offer? Do I need to call?

Once a promotion has ended, the regular CRO CMs can’t make changes. They can either contact guest services themselves or transfer you to them. Guest services can make the change IF there is still availability at the resort you want to move to. Personally I wouldn’t try to change an expired free dining myself for fear I would lose the dining. I think it would be worth it to call & see what resort you actually have & ask about availability if it’s not the one you want.

Sorry if this is off-topic or shouldn't go here, but I posted elsewhere and got no response. Could someone please check AP rates for a Yacht Club Garden View (if available) for October 27-Nov 5th 2019? We want to buy APs from Sam's club since we are staying 10 days and can probably go back for a few weekends next year. :) Thank you!!

Sorry if this is off-topic or shouldn't go here, but I posted elsewhere and got no response. Could someone please check AP rates for a Yacht Club Garden View (if available) for October 27-Nov 5th 2019? We want to buy APs from Sam's club since we are staying 10 days and can probably go back for a few weekends next year. :) Thank you!!

There are no AP rates out past August 28th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter