Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 140-142

I'm a little late - we were at the Yacht Club in Mid-June and really liked our room. I think it was in much better shape than the Beach Club rooms we had on prior trips.

Never too late. Thanks for letting us know about your stay!

:goodvibes:

We won't be there in August, but just wanted to say Go Bruins!

I apologize if that has been covered ad nauseum, but if I'm booked in a standard view BC room and I request a full sized balcony room not on the first floor will I be in a bad location? I think those are my priorities. I don't mind walking too much, but when I stayed at the YC years ago I remember quite the maze of hallways.

Teena posted a great response to your question.

So you could word your request "Full balcony, please, not ground floor. Near (lobby elevator)/Near EPCOT, if possible" If that is one of your preferences.

:)

Hi All, we are staying at beach club aug-15-19 and today i received an email from disney saying that the resort will be undergoing renovations. Does anyone know excatly what will be going on? I thought they were done with the room renovations? thanks so much!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

As we have posted on Page 1, work continues on the rooms on the first floor at the Beach Club. We expect the work to finish up around the end of summer if it stays on schedule.

:thumbsup2

We arrive on Sunday, August 16 for our first ever 3 night stay at the Yacht Club, or any Epcot resort for that matter, before heading over to the Polynesian for another 3 nights.

I've booked and IllumiNations fireworks cruise for that night, Sunday, August 16. We are a family of 3 (me, DW and DS(12)) looking for up to 7 others to join us and split the cost of the cruise. It's $346.13 with tax total. Looking to divide the total cost by the number of cruisers or split 50/50 with another family of 3-5 people. Park admission is not required.

I posted this in the "IllumiNations and Wishes Cruises - Find One To Share" thread in the "Theme Parks Community" sub-board of the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" board but thought I would duplicate that post here since the cruise launches from the Yacht Club pier.

Is anyone interested in joining us?

Martin

Thanks for the great offer! I would love to, but it is too soon for me.

I hope you get a response and are able to share this excursion. Especially if it is someone here, because we are cool. :cool2:

:boat:

Hi, we are staying at the Beach Club this fall. When I was looking at the room pics on TouringPlans, it seemed like all the second floor rooms had balconies, is that right? We have a garden view booked, but I'd like to phrase my request so we have a nice view and a balcony...any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Which month?

The garden views are "something green" either courtyard or woods. I prefer the courtyard view (some possibilities are the volleyball courtyard, lakeside courtyard or back entrance courtyard), so I would word my request "Full balcony please. XXX Courtyard view"

:cool1:

What a great thread!! Almost time for a return to the YC! This will be the second time we've repeated at a resort (Poly is the other), but it's been awhile. I was going to do online check in but the only options are ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, and near elevator. We don't want ground. We do want a quiet area, and we want either a room with the daybed so the kids can each sleep alone, and/or with space to have a cot brought in if available. The cot may actually be preferable. Can I/Should I call for these requests? Should I not do online check in?
Thanks!!

:welcome: and thanks!

I'll add you to the list for August.

:woohoo:

You will have to call in the request for the daybed. Not sure you can do much about requesting a cot until checkin. My advice is for you not to do the online checkin (I think you can still provide all the info they are looking for though like credit card, arrival time). When you arrive at the resort and speak to the person at the front desk, ask if the room has a daybed. If not, ask if you can get a rollaway cot for the room. I believe there should be no charge for this.

::yes::

Hello!! DH and I are returning to Disney World in November to celebrate our first anniversary. Originally we booked a bounce back offer to POR, but yesterday I decided I wanted to surprise DH when we arrived and made a spur of the moment change to Yacht Club GV CL. It will be our first stay at a deluxe resort, and I'm looking forward to being able to walk or take a boat to Epcot and DHS. Needless to say, I'm now having to educate myself on all things YC/BC and CL. I've started reading through this thread but definitely haven't made it all the way through yet, so I apologize if my question has already been asked/answered.

I noticed that people are predicting renovations will start at Yacht Club in early fall. I realize there is no way to know for certain when that will start or how long it will take, but I'm wondering how long the CL lounge and 5th floor renovations took over at BC? For comparison's sake, assuming they started w/ the CL lounge and 5th floor at Yacht Club as well, I'm trying to roughly gage the odds of us being mid-construction (or having the lounge/5th floor completed before our trip) if they started construction in September or October. Thanks in advance for any insight yall can provide with regard to the timeline of the construction over at BC's CL! :)

Great choice for your special anniversary!

I'll add you to the list.

:lovestruc

Soooo..... In addition to our upcoming YC stay from Sept 19-26 WITH our kids, DH and I are now thinking about doing 3 nights at BC next April/May WITHOUT our kids. We would also do two nights/days offsite at Universal before switching to Disney for Flower and Garden.

We are highly considering staying club level. We would plan on having breakfast there every day, maybe lunch snack on the way from HS to Epcot and AK to Epcot, plus drinks in the evening on the way to MK if it is feasible. Our loose plan would be to RD HS and AK two mornings, hen do a combo of MK and Epcot for our three afternoon/evenings.

That would be worth staying club level, right? I have been looking, but is there a summary anywhere of the BC club level offerings?

What a nice treat that would be!

All the info I have about BC/YC club level is in Post 12 of this thread.

:goodvibes:

Thank you both so very much. I am at the crazy over crazy over stressing stage of my planning. I am at the point of wanted to cancel all of it. LOL I am going to cancel Beaches and Cream and hope to pick it up another day. I am glad to hear the good part is the ice cream that we can get at the window. I also sounds like the pool café has good food too. I am hope that we are our of HS by 1:00 in SAB by 1:30 until 7 when we need to go back for Fantasmic. I have not seen Fantasmic in 9 years! I am so excited.

Thank you all so very much for all your help on this board. 40 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe we are staying deluxe and club level on top of that.
What about making a late night ADR for ice cream after Fantasmic? That's what we are planning to do in December :)

I'll be at the BC for 5 nights and cancelled my Beaches and Cream ADR. We do have Yachtsman and Cape May Cafe for BF. I would like to fit in B&C but I hate having so many ADR's. We will try to walk up one day or make a last minute ADR via the app.

I know we will definitely get ice cream from the window. I can see us doing HH by the pool and then ice cream from the window.

Is there any update on the progress of the room renovations at BC and over at BCV? Checking in a 2-Bedroom Villa on Oct. 24th!! Does the BC lobby look under construction? Or is the work mostly being done inside the rooms now?

I actually have another question, is Disney still giving out specific "celebration" buttons? We are celebrating two first visits and two anniversaries, I've heard rumors that they were just giving out generic "I'm celebrating" buttons but I'd like them to be more specific like they used to be

My advice is for you not to do the online checkin (I think you can still provide all the info they are looking for though like credit card, arrival time). When you arrive at the resort and speak to the person at the front desk, ask if the room has a daybed. If not, ask if you can get a rollaway cot for the room. I believe there should be no charge for this.

I'm not sure what it's like at BC but at other resorts I have done online checkin and when we picked up our MBs (we're from UK so they don't post them) we asked about our room and they were amazingly accommodating and were still able to change our room, even managing to bag an upgraded room in the process.

I think it's amazing they do these things without asking, they calmly phone the allocations teams and then deliver the good news with such pride!

I'm thinking about doing online check-in. We are staying in a standard room. I put in allergen free linens by phone already. View, daybed, and balcony will be up to pixies - I do not have my hopes up too much because we are booked standard and spending time awake in the room/sitting around on bed, at desk, or on balcony is not on our to do list. I plan on watching fireworks from the parks! Maybe we will even catch Frozen Fireworks from France or Illuminations from SAB. If I do not get a daybed, I can just call the front desk from the assigned room and request one.

Is my logic sound?

Scottygirl: DD had Twins and Triplets on her soccer team. The triplets: one heading to Niagra, one heading to Denver, one heading to California. All playing soccer. The Twins are seniors this year but they commited already: one to Yale the other to Navy! I know how u must be feeling!!! Those parents are freaking out too!!!

Scottygirl: DD had Twins and Triplets on her soccer team. The triplets: one heading to Niagra, one heading to Denver, one heading to California. All playing soccer. The Twins are seniors this year but they commited already: one to Yale the other to Navy! I know how u must be feeling!!! Those parents are freaking out too!!!

I can't imagine! That would be tough. DSS is staying home, despite encouragement to look further, I will take the few years left we have with him though.

Thank you for the room request tips! We will be there Nov 10-14. Hoping the weather is nice enough to swim. :)

43 days to go............nothing left to do but scan, rescan, scan a third time at ADR's (might have to tweak that time by 5 min :rolleyes1) move around my FP+, put items in my GG order, then remove them, then add them, then decide again that you don't need to place an order for this trip.

I'm going crazy.

Trying to keep my mind off the fact that in 3 weeks, I drive my baby off to college :sad:

Aww. I feel the same way -- my baby is going off to college, only we are flying since it's on the opposite coast. :( We are planning our spring break trip together, though, so that's giving us something fun to do and something fun to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter