Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A construction fan girl should find a whole army of Argentinian ants :jumping1:marching around her bed :crazy2:at 11pm. That’ll get you moved a little closer to the construction action. :rolleyes1 At midnight. :rolleyes:

Hope they didn't hitch a ride in your belongings! :magnify::scared:

I just reserved a Garden/Wood view at YC 8/31-9/7, free dining-yes please! It will be myself, DH, adult DS and his GF. We are regular WDW visitors, never stayed at an Epcot resort, so thought we'd give YC a try. I know it's going to be ugly HOT at that time of year, but I'm hoping the crowds will be low. Not a bit worried about rain, we went last May and it rained every.single.day-one of the best trips we ever had.

Is BC much different than YC? Wondering if we should have booked there.

I just reserved a Garden/Wood view at YC 8/31-9/7, free dining-yes please! It will be myself, DH, adult DS and his GF. We are regular WDW visitors, never stayed at an Epcot resort, so thought we'd give YC a try. I know it's going to be ugly HOT at that time of year, but I'm hoping the crowds will be low. Not a bit worried about rain, we went last May and it rained every.single.day-one of the best trips we ever had.

I prefer the YC over the BC. It’s a lot quieter to me. We’ve had 2 stays at the BC and had issues both times. We were at the YC last October and we’re going back in May. If I were you, I’d request close to the elevators- it can be a real hike to some rooms.

I prefer the YC over the BC. It’s a lot quieter to me. We’ve had 2 stays at the BC and had issues both times. We were at the YC last October and we’re going back in May. If I were you, I’d request close to the elevators- it can be a real hike to some rooms.
Thank you for the advice-I think we walk enough while there no need for added steps!

I looked at the BC rooms on a youtube video-have they been updated? YC rooms look newer/nicer so I think we are good with that.

I love Disney in May, we've done the last 2 Mother's Days at Disney. CG Brunch each time, I'm going to miss it this year.

Thank you for the advice-I think we walk enough while there no need for added steps!

I looked at the BC rooms on a youtube video-have they been updated? YC rooms look newer/nicer so I think we are good with that.

I love Disney in May, we've done the last 2 Mother's Days at Disney. CG Brunch each time, I'm going to miss it this year.
The bc rooms have not been updated like the yc rooms. We loved our stay at yc last week

The bc rooms have not been updated like the yc rooms. We loved our stay at yc last week

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Great attitude about the weather. I have been a few times in August- sometimes wet, but a couple of trips there was very little rain.

I love both resorts. Check out the first post in this thread- there are some comparisons of the two resorts- Beach Club was renovated in 2014-15, and the Yacht Club more recently, completed in 2017. Almost all of the Yacht Club rooms have full balconies, so that is a nice advantage.

I think you will like it there. Both the Yacht & Beach Club are super close to EPCOT's World Showcase. The YC is maybe 2 minutes longer to get there.

There are updated pictures of the rooms in Posts 8 (BC) and Post 9 (YC).

Let us know if you have any questions before your trip.

:cool2:

We go a lot, but haven’t ever been in May as my kids are teachers. So, I’m stealing my grandson and off we go. I’m hoping for not quite so hot and fingers crossed, maybe not so crowded.

We go a lot, but haven’t ever been in May as my kids are teachers. So, I’m stealing my grandson and off we go. I’m hoping for not quite so hot and fingers crossed, maybe not so crowded.
May is amazing! We got to go in May once when I taught on a year round schedule. We had fantastic weather - warm, only one day was actually hot. We also only had rain one day. The crowds were very manageable and maybe slightly less than when we went in June.

Seriously? We thought the beach club rooms looked much older than the yacht club rooms. It’s probably the carpet.
YC started its refurb at the end of 2016. I stayed in a room there during F&W right before it started and it was in rough shape compared to the newly renovated BC rooms (at the time). I swore I wouldn't return until post refurb. First time back at YC was July 2018 for me.

I really enjoy both rooms in their current state. Now I tend to book whichever has the best rate. BC wins the next three trips, unless an AP rate opens up at YC down the road... :sail:

YC started its refurb at the end of 2016. I stayed in a room there during F&W right before it started and it was in rough shape compared to the newly renovated BC rooms (at the time). I swore I wouldn't return until post refurb. First time back at YC was July 2018 for me.

I really enjoy both rooms in their current state. Now I tend to book whichever has the best rate. BC wins the next three trips, unless an AP rate opens up at YC down the road... :sail:
Ah okay. What I really meant in my earlier post was bc hasn’t been updated LIKE yc. They were updated in different ways. I think the yc rooms follow what Disney is doing now with the hard (laminate?) floors and the glass shower doors. Dh hates shower curtains so he’s all about the glass doors

Ah okay. What I really meant in my earlier post was bc hasn’t been updated LIKE yc. They were updated in different ways. I think the yc rooms follow what Disney is doing now with the hard (laminate?) floors and the glass shower doors. Dh hates shower curtains so he’s all about the glass doors
Ahh yes. BC is probably one of the last refurbs done in the older style. Disney even went back through and replaced all the televisions at BC post refurb BC they were smaller than the others on property. Always changing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter