Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, I noticed this last night! Looks like people can buy going to another pool....
Not liking it
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/

Scroll down to bottom of page!

Thanks for posting this link.

It was unclear to me whether this was something that was being sold to all guests at WDW or if it is just a description of each of the pools at the resorts.

On the same page, things like horseback riding and bike rental showed a price for the activity and included the recreation phone number.

Still, this definitely warrants monitoring and I will be diving in to find some answers!

:fish:

It seems to me that none of the deluxe rooms are CL now. When I look booking rooms on future dates all of the deluxe rooms only come up as standard room. I could be wrong though so don't take my word for it!

I saw that today, too. The deluxe rooms are not listed in the club level section anymore.

Looks like I have some changes to make on the page 1 posts.

I was waiting until I could figure out what was going on in the Deluxe Rooms before making any updates.

:scratchin

First I have heard of it, too.

Of course, if this is true, perhaps it is something that is done only at times like in the winter, when the pool isn't crowded due to the weather conditions.

At any rate, I have a couple of minions staying at the resort for race weekend and after the races are done, I'll have them sniff around to see what they can find out.

:magnify:
Oooh I'm so glad I didn't just improperly eavesdrop! We thank your minions in advance for any info they can sniff out :cheer2:

Thanks for posting this link.

It was unclear to me whether this was something that was being sold to all guests at WDW or if it is just a description of each of the pools at the resorts.

On the same page, things like horseback riding and bike rental showed a price for the activity and included the recreation phone number.

Still, this definitely warrants monitoring and I will be diving in to find some answers!

:fish:
Is there any possible way you could screenshot what you found? I don't mean to ask so much, but the dang Disney site just won't load for me :badpc:

Yes, I noticed this last night! Looks like people can buy going to another pool....
Not liking it
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/

Scroll down to bottom of page!

I didn’t see anything except the info about each pool at each resort, where is the part that says you can buy a day pass to a pool? ETA- not doubting you, I’m just missing it!

I’m not sure allowing guests to buy day passes to a different pool will really impact crowds much. I don’t know how many pool hoppers would actually do it legitimately, I swear part of it is knowing they are sneaking in. And despite what we read on these boards, making it sound like every single guest has a situation with a “local friend” or another family who had to stay at a different resort due to availability, I suspect most people don’t have other people they want to bring over and swim with and would just swim at the resort they are staying at. Packing up and going to another resort to swim is actually a PITA IMO.

I’m not seeing it either? But if anyone is willing to pay to pool hop, SAB is definitely the pool it would be used at most :headache:

I don’t see anything in that link about buying day passes either? :confused:

There are a lot of changes coming that make me wonder how much longer we will keep visiting WDW so often. I will not pay $$$$$ to stay at YC & have the pool full of day guests. Since the gondolas are probably going to disrupt the view I love anyway, I may as well just stay at Pop & take them over & buy a day pass too. Then I can join the masses coming & going thru the IG.

Really unhappy if this turns out to be the latest moneymaker.

Last edited:

I didn’t see anything except the info about each pool at each resort, where is the part that says you can buy a day pass to a pool? ETA- not doubting you, I’m just missing it!

I’m not sure allowing guests to buy day passes to a different pool will really impact crowds much. I don’t know how many pool hoppers would actually do it legitimately, I swear part of it is knowing they are sneaking in. And despite what we read on these boards, making it sound like every single guest has a situation with a “local friend” or another family who had to stay at a different resort due to availability, I suspect most people don’t have other people they want to bring over and swim with and would just swim at the resort they are staying at. Packing up and going to another resort to swim is actually a PITA IMO.
I definitely think the element of sneak is part of the thrill to pool hoppers!

Is there any possible way you could screenshot what you found? I don't mean to ask so much, but the dang Disney site just won't load for me :badpc:

When you click on the link, it brings you to all of the activities available at all of Disney's resorts. All of the pools are listed with descriptions, like the one below for the Beach Club.

Pools at Disney's Beach Club Resort
pools-beach-club-resort-00.jpg

Epcot® Resort Area

Disney's Beach Club Resort

Age Interest
All Ages

Make a splash at Stormalong Bay—a 3-acre water wonderland—or go for a dip in one of 3 leisure pools.

pools-beach-club-resort-01.jpg

Stormalong Bay

Take the plunge at this beachside water park area that offers 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family. Read More

Take the plunge at this beachside water park area that offers 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family.

Catch currents in an expansive sand-bottomed pool. From atop the mast of a life-sized shipwreck replica, zip down a 230-foot-long waterslide, one of the highest hotel slides at Walt Disney World Resort. Float down the lazy river on an inner tube, unwind in one of 3 whirlpool spas or simply relax on the elevated tanning deck.

Children can wade into the main pool from the gently sloping, sandy beach and cool off in the Shipwreck Pool—complete with a miniature waterslide.

With 795,000 gallons of water comprising an impressive complex of pools that range from swirling to placid, open to secluded and cool to warm, every member of your family can find a place to make a splash at Stormalong Bay.

Show Less

pools-beach-club-resort-02.jpg

3 Leisure Pools

Guests seeking a tranquil swim can choose from 3 leisure pools in Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. Read More

Guests seeking a tranquil swim can choose from 3 leisure pools in Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts.

Disney's Beach Club Resort pool—the 43,000-gallon Tidal pool—is located in a garden area on the far end of the resort facing Crescent Lake. Disney's Yacht Club Resort pool—the 54,000-gallon Admiral pool—can be found in its own quiet garden area. A third pool—the 55,350-gallon Dunes Cove pool—is privately located at Disney’s Beach Club Villas. Though it is situated for the convenience of Guests staying at the Disney Beach Club Villas, all Resort Guests are welcome to enjoy it. All pools also include steaming whirlpool spas.

Show Less

towel-availability-00.jpg

Know Before You Go
Hours and lifeguard availability vary by pool and are subject to change.

Complimentary towels are provided at all pools.

A little late to the party, but yes it’s scheduled for 9:00 AM each Thursday this month. I passed on our current trip as I decided to run the 10K and 1/2 marathon! Running is on hold for the next few days. Off to spectate the full marathon now.
Oh it’s at 9? That’s good to know because I thought it was at 8

When you click on the link, it brings you to all of the activities available at all of Disney's resorts. All of the pools are listed with descriptions, like the one below for the Beach Club.

Pools at Disney's Beach Club Resort
pools-beach-club-resort-00.jpg

Epcot® Resort Area

Disney's Beach Club Resort

Age Interest
All Ages

Make a splash at Stormalong Bay—a 3-acre water wonderland—or go for a dip in one of 3 leisure pools.

pools-beach-club-resort-01.jpg

Stormalong Bay

Take the plunge at this beachside water park area that offers 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family. Read More

Take the plunge at this beachside water park area that offers 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family.

Catch currents in an expansive sand-bottomed pool. From atop the mast of a life-sized shipwreck replica, zip down a 230-foot-long waterslide, one of the highest hotel slides at Walt Disney World Resort. Float down the lazy river on an inner tube, unwind in one of 3 whirlpool spas or simply relax on the elevated tanning deck.

Children can wade into the main pool from the gently sloping, sandy beach and cool off in the Shipwreck Pool—complete with a miniature waterslide.

With 795,000 gallons of water comprising an impressive complex of pools that range from swirling to placid, open to secluded and cool to warm, every member of your family can find a place to make a splash at Stormalong Bay.

Show Less

pools-beach-club-resort-02.jpg

3 Leisure Pools

Guests seeking a tranquil swim can choose from 3 leisure pools in Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. Read More

Guests seeking a tranquil swim can choose from 3 leisure pools in Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts.

Disney's Beach Club Resort pool—the 43,000-gallon Tidal pool—is located in a garden area on the far end of the resort facing Crescent Lake. Disney's Yacht Club Resort pool—the 54,000-gallon Admiral pool—can be found in its own quiet garden area. A third pool—the 55,350-gallon Dunes Cove pool—is privately located at Disney’s Beach Club Villas. Though it is situated for the convenience of Guests staying at the Disney Beach Club Villas, all Resort Guests are welcome to enjoy it. All pools also include steaming whirlpool spas.

Show Less

towel-availability-00.jpg

Know Before You Go
Hours and lifeguard availability vary by pool and are subject to change.

Complimentary towels are provided at all pools.

Well, I guess the link did work for me but I still don’t see anything about buying day passes? Did I still read through too quickly?

Well, I guess the link did work for me but I still don’t see anything about buying day passes? Did I still read through too quickly?
I wasn't seeing anything about it, either. I read it a couple times just to make sure I was seeing it right. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anybody can report back with any direct news haha

I highly doubt day passes would work. You'd have non Y&B people lined up as the pool opened and then resort guests would not be able to find a chair or table. Don't think the resort guests would be too happy with that type of set up. This was one of the reasons DVC stopped most of the pool hopping privileges for members.

All the talk about pool hopping... One of the reasons we chose YC again was because of how much we enjoyed the pool! One day while we were waiting to check into it and get our wristbands another family showed up and was turned away. I guess they were not staying there and just wanted to try the pool. I hope the day pass things is not really going to happen! The place gets crowded enough. We usually managed to snag one chair to leave our stuff on while we swam but I didn't get to actually sit there.

My guess on the pool hopping thing would be that it was a new and/or misinformed (but probably legitimately believed what they were saying was accurate) lifeguard. With all due respect to the many great folks in those positions, I've never been particularly impressed between the level of knowledge/info sharing/training that seems to occur for recreation CMs.

Either that or another Disney monetization idea.

Both are valid theories I guess. 8-)

Dee - please add our short trip - BC Feb 27-Mar 1st - just 45 days away! We are looking forward to getting back to the Beach Club. We are doing a split stay, starting out at the Wilderness Lodge. We decided to add a couple days to our trip and a passholder discount showed up for the BC. I would love to do the new Regatta 5K race, but I haven't run a 5K in quite a few years. Anyway, it is good to be back again, even if it is for just a couple days. :)

Dee - please add our short trip - BC Feb 27-Mar 1st - just 45 days away! We are looking forward to getting back to the Beach Club. We are doing a split stay, starting out at the Wilderness Lodge. We decided to add a couple days to our trip and a passholder discount showed up for the BC. I would love to do the new Regatta 5K race, but I haven't run a 5K in quite a few years. Anyway, it is good to be back again, even if it is for just a couple days. :)
I think it’s only a 3k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter