Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When I heard about free dinning I made reservations at the Beach Club for August 13th thru the 20th. There's 5 of us, myself, wife and 3 kids but now I'm seriously starting to think about changing them for beginning of summer, like mid June. We'd loose the free dinning but gain 30% off room rate. Tough decision but thinking if we mainly did counter service with maybe just a breakfast and dinner at Cape May we might come out ahead. Also wonder if the weather in June might be just a tad nicer, (or at least not as rainy?). Naw, who am I kidding, summer in Florida is summer in Florida :)
Looking for some feedback. Normally we're pretty content with just counter service, and have had free dinning before and jeez, even the tips can get expensive :) Though it is fun to splurge on occasion and free dinning certainly pushes one to look for the expensive restaurants ... on the other hand, just having cs can leave more flexibility and with BC or Yacht Club being so close to Epcot or HS ....

We are booked in a BC deluxe room. Did these room used to be club level and now they are not? I am getting confused when I see old posts saying the deluxe was club level.

Thanks!

We are booked in a BC deluxe room. Did these room used to be club level and now they are not? I am getting confused when I see old posts saying the deluxe was club level.

Thanks!
Currently there are some BC Deluxe Rooms that includes club levels and some others that do not. Sounds like you booked a room that does not include club level.

I have a question for the experienced Beach Club visitors :-). We're booked at BC end of February in a garden view room. I'm thinking about upgrading to club level, but the only thing available is standard view. I know it probably seems silly, but I'm not sure I want to give up a garden view for a standard view. We've never stayed club level so I don't know a whole lot about it. Looking for thoughts and opinions!

I have a question for the experienced Beach Club visitors :-). We're booked at BC end of February in a garden view room. I'm thinking about upgrading to club level, but the only thing available is standard view. I know it probably seems silly, but I'm not sure I want to give up a garden view for a standard view. We've never stayed club level so I don't know a whole lot about it. Looking for thoughts and opinions!

Will you be spending a lot of time out on the balcony (if you get a full balcony- chances are greater at club level, 75% vs. 50%) where the difference in view will be important to you? I haven't been to the World at the end of Feb, but I'm guessing the weather could include hot or cold temps that could change from day to day. If you are sensitive to the temps and won't spend much time out on the balcony, then the view category would be a little less of a priority.

How many people in your group? A club level stay is more "cost-effective" with additional people in the room since it is based on the room rate, not per person.

What kind of trip are you planning? One when you will be at the parks most of the day or will you be taking breaks where you go back to the resort?

How will you be dining? Do you like to grab and go at counter service locations, sit-down dining, signature meals or a combination of those? My favorite thing when staying club level is the breakfast that is served. We fuel up in the morning, hit the parks for rope drop through lunch, then return to the resort for a break- swim or rest- then return to another park in the evening. We enjoy the evening offerings in the lounge a few days of the stay but not usually every day since we often have other dining plans.

We don't drink very much but sometimes it is nice to have something the mood hits us, a beer in the afternoon or a glass of amaretto in the evening.

Check out Page 1, Post 12 for some information about club level stays.

Are they still doing something with extra fastpasses for club level guests?

Let us know what you decide.

:goodvibes

When I heard about free dinning I made reservations at the Beach Club for August 13th thru the 20th. There's 5 of us, myself, wife and 3 kids but now I'm seriously starting to think about changing them for beginning of summer, like mid June. We'd loose the free dinning but gain 30% off room rate. Tough decision but thinking if we mainly did counter service with maybe just a breakfast and dinner at Cape May we might come out ahead. Also wonder if the weather in June might be just a tad nicer, (or at least not as rainy?). Naw, who am I kidding, summer in Florida is summer in Florida :)
Looking for some feedback. Normally we're pretty content with just counter service, and have had free dinning before and jeez, even the tips can get expensive :) Though it is fun to splurge on occasion and free dinning certainly pushes one to look for the expensive restaurants ... on the other hand, just having cs can leave more flexibility and with BC or Yacht Club being so close to Epcot or HS ....

June is my favorite month to visit Disney and you are right, summer is summer, doesn’t matter if it’s June, July, August. Personally, I’d switch to June and eat mostly counter service. On our trip last summer, we decided we are forgoing sit-down meals for counter service meals on our next trip. Money is a big reason, but it’s also the time involved. Honestly, my pre-teens would much rather spend their time riding rides then sitting down for a meal. I feel like Disney has a lot of great counter service options, too (read - more than burgers, chicken fingers, and pizza).

Good luck with your decision. Either way, you’re going to Disney!

Will you be spending a lot of time out on the balcony (if you get a full balcony- chances are greater at club level, 75% vs. 50%) where the difference in view will be important to you? I haven't been to the World at the end of Feb, but I'm guessing the weather could include hot or cold temps that could change from day to day. If you are sensitive to the temps and won't spend much time out on the balcony, then the view category would be a little less of a priority.

How many people in your group? A club level stay is more "cost-effective" with additional people in the room since it is based on the room rate, not per person.

What kind of trip are you planning? One when you will be at the parks most of the day or will you be taking breaks where you go back to the resort?

How will you be dining? Do you like to grab and go at counter service locations, sit-down dining, signature meals or a combination of those? My favorite thing when staying club level is the breakfast that is served. We fuel up in the morning, hit the parks for rope drop through lunch, then return to the resort for a break- swim or rest- then return to another park in the evening. We enjoy the evening offerings in the lounge a few days of the stay but not usually every day since we often have other dining plans.

We don't drink very much but sometimes it is nice to have something the mood hits us, a beer in the afternoon or a glass of amaretto in the evening.

Check out Page 1, Post 12 for some information about club level stays.

Are they still doing something with extra fastpasses for club level guests?

Let us know what you decide.

:goodvibes
Thanks for the input, and yes, I'll let you know what we decide. I'll also be sure to check out the post you suggested :-).

Oh shoot, forgot to mention about the nice counter service options too. This last December I had my first solo trip, (stayed at YC), and loved being able to walk to Boardwalk for breakfast at the bakery or even Sunshine seasons in the Land Pavilion for Breakfast. Not to mention all the other great options World Showcase has to offer. That's what initially got me thinking about forgoing the free dinning, well that and the less than 350/night for BC or YC.

Just booked a night at Yacht Club on Feb 10th, through priceline express (huzzah good deals!). It turned out to be a "Garden or Woods View"; if I'm looking to get room as close to Epcot as possible, what would people recommend?

Also, it's my first time at Yacht Club--I'm excited!! :)

Your request should be “close to lobby”. There really is no way to be close to Epcot necessarily. You exit to Epcot thru the lobby, so by being close to the lobby, you will be closer to the exit to Epcot. Hope that makes sense. Have a great trip!

Hi! Can u update the BOG list to Jan 9-15 @ BC? I dropped the CL room at YC awhile back and didn’t update! My room is booked as two separate stays so fingers crossed I get to stay in the same room!

Booked one night at BC for our trip later this month. So excited to see a new deluxe! Our friends who convinced us to initially go to Disney (they’ve been going for decades and have a relative higher up in management) only stay at BC so I’m excited to see what the hype is all about.

That being said, the Ale & Compass menu looks pretty good... is it a good bet for a casual dinner?

You did free dining once and it took much time out of our day to eat at table service restaurants every day. We got tired of eating all that food. We've also gone to Disney in June and in late August and September, June had less rain than later in the summer. This past September was a lot hotter than this past June, too, although both trips had hot weather.

Most of the garden view rooms face the trees, not gardens. But if you are facing the trees it means you are also facing Epcot and have a good chance to see the high fireworks. I would base your decision on whether or not you want to upgrade to club level, since those rooms will be okay, too. :)

To Yacht or not.

The BC is our home but thinking of trying the YC this time (Aug). I need convincing that I'm doing the right thing!

The full balcony and 1st on/off the bus is appealing , but the YC market place and dogs is not.

Also , is there a smell in the lobby like the BC. Is it very 'confrencie'.

I don't know what to do heeeeellllllp. We also like to have the day bed , is this more of a guarantee at the YC?

TIA xx

To Yacht or not.

The BC is our home but thinking of trying the YC this time (Aug). I need convincing that I'm doing the right thing!

The full balcony and 1st on/off the bus is appealing , but the YC market place and dogs is not.

Also , is there a smell in the lobby like the BC. Is it very 'confrencie'.

I don't know what to do heeeeellllllp. We also like to have the day bed , is this more of a guarantee at the YC?

TIA xx
We were at yacht club November 13-17 and we did not see or hear a single dog.

We didnt mind the marketplace. It was not ever crowded and we enjoyed the food we got. We didnt eat there a lot but we did mickey waffles one morning and a couple lunches of sandwiches and salads. It's fine for that and you're so close to the beach club anyway if you want to go get food there.

We were at yacht club November 13-17 and we did not see or hear a single dog.

We didnt mind the marketplace. It was not ever crowded and we enjoyed the food we got. We didnt eat there a lot but we did mickey waffles one morning and a couple lunches of sandwiches and salads. It's fine for that and you're so close to the beach club anyway if you want to go get food there.
Ditto! I was there in December and did not see one dog. Market at Ale & Compass is also decent now that is serves food. I could see being a little apprehensive back when it was Fittings and Fairings and did not have any food or soda fountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter