Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are checking into the BC in less than two weeks!

I just read through page one, but does anyone happen to know what the current bus situation is (MK specifically) in terms of whether the BC/YC are still paired with Swan/Dolphin and what the order of stop is?

Thank you so much!

To MK, YC first, BC second and no S&D. YMMV because I have heard others say that when it is less busy, the buses "may" share with S&D. That was not our experience over the last year--I will say that early in the a.m., the bus coming from YC was often nearly full.

To MK, YC first, BC second and no S&D. YMMV because I have heard others say that when it is less busy, the buses "may" share with S&D. That was not our experience over the last year--I will say that early in the a.m., the bus coming from YC was often nearly full.

Thank you!! Do you think it's worth walking over to the YC stop? We'll have a baby and stroller!

Thank you!! Do you think it's worth walking over to the YC stop? We'll have a baby and stroller!
What time do you plan on getting to the stop? We usually got there an hour before park opening and were fine getting on the bus but if you wait much longer than that it might be worth the walk over to yc.

Is anyone there now that can tell me if the gift shop has Beach Club resort magnets in?
I collect from each hotel we stay at, but they were all out when we were there in September. We are going this week but staying at Port Orleans. I didn’t want to make the trip to the gift shop if none were there.
(There’s none online either.)

What time do you plan on getting to the stop? We usually got there an hour before park opening and were fine getting on the bus but if you wait much longer than that it might be worth the walk over to yc.

This! If you are not planning to head to MK until the 8:00 a.m. hour for a 9:00 a.m. opening, I would definitely walk to YC to catch the bus IF it is a busy time when you are visiting and heck, when isn't it busy anymore?

Is anyone there now that can tell me if the gift shop has Beach Club resort magnets in?
I collect from each hotel we stay at, but they were all out when we were there in September. We are going this week but staying at Port Orleans. I didn’t want to make the trip to the gift shop if none were there.
(There’s none online either.)

they had them in october!

Trying to not be in a bad mood about it, but after finally getting here on magical express (it went to AoA, POP, yacht then beach) our beach club room is quite the disappointment. We are 3723. Next to last room from the end. Such a long walk from the elevator. And our view is a roof covered in construction cones. Silver lining, I see stormalong bay past the cones and we do have a full balcony. Is this just par for the course in a standard room or is it worth asking to be moved? I’ve never even considered asking for a different room, but this seems ridiculous for a deluxe hotel.

Trying to not be in a bad mood about it, but after finally getting here on magical express (it went to AoA, POP, yacht then beach) our beach club room is quite the disappointment. We are 3723. Next to last room from the end. Such a long walk from the elevator. And our view is a roof covered in construction cones. Silver lining, I see stormalong bay past the cones and we do have a full balcony. Is this just par for the course in a standard room or is it worth asking to be moved? I’ve never even considered asking for a different room, but this seems ridiculous for a deluxe hotel.

The vast majority of Standard View rooms at BC are of a rooftop. From the WDW official website under the description of a Standard Room is "Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Rooftop or Parking Area". So yes, unfortunately par for the course.

When I stayed at BC in 2015 (during F&W) my one request for our standard room was a full balcony and we didn't get it. We had a view of the porte cochere and it was a long walk from the lobby. BUT we were able to get out a side stairway to Epcot and the Boardwalk pretty easily. If you paid for a standard view I wouldn't expect to be moved. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

As far as the view goes, I would say that is par for the course. In fact, for a standard room, many people seem to like the roof view since you can also see SAB over it. Our SV was of the front entrance, and while it wasn't awful it was definitely standard. I feel that the YC and BC have some of the worst SV views of the WDW deluxe hotels. They have other strong points, but standard views are not one of them.

As far as distance goes, if that really bothers you you could certainly see what else they have available. it's pretty late, you might not have much available to change to tonight but there might be more if you are willing to move rooms tomorrow. It never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is your room is the only or best currently available :-)

No reason for a bad mood. :- Sorry you are disappointed by yes, that is what you booked. I posted here a few days ago about the BC Standard View room views being of rooftops or parking lot and among the worst on property. @dansdad posted the actual wording above. And you have a good standard view, as you can see SAB as well. Last year my only request was near elevator and we did have the very last room on a very long hall. I guess someone gets those rooms and it was my turn.
Good Luck

I think that's an architectural/theming issue.

Based on the hotel's design, some areas have to face the rooftop, even if it is a deluxe resort. Standard view is the cheapest room category. How could Disney utilize the spaces which face the rooftop, other than using those spaces as guest rooms which are categorized as standard view?

Same thing about the hallways - somebody has to be at the end of the long hallway unless the halls are short.

I guess the option is to have all hotels be tall rectangular towers, so that no roofs could be viewed from any of area of the building, with short halls. But I think that would be hard to do if you want theming for the exteriors of the buildings. The hotels wouldn't look like a New England style yacht club, or someplace in Africa, or the various other themes, if they are just towers. It also could mean very long waits for the elevators because you would need to have a lot of floors if the hallways are short.

Last edited:
We had the room next to that one and it does feel like it is a long walk from the elevator. But there is a great shortcut if you don't mind taking the stairs. The top of the staircase is next to room 3683 and comes out near the restrooms that are located next to Martha's Vineyard. It is a great shortcut to use if you want to go to Storm Along Bay, Beaches and Cream, the Yacht Club, the boat dock, and to walk to DHS or the Boardwalk. :)

Long shot here because I believe there are only 6 of these rooms at Beach Club. But we have booked one of the "Deluxe Rooms" for next March. Not Club Level, but these Deluxe Rooms happen to accommodate our family of 6 (was surprised to learn that).

Anyway, i was wondering if any one had experience staying in one of the 6 Deluxe Rooms and, if so, any suggested requested rooms of those 6 in terms of location/view, etc.

Thanks

This! If you are not planning to head to MK until the 8:00 a.m. hour for a 9:00 a.m. opening, I would definitely walk to YC to catch the bus IF it is a busy time when you are visiting and heck, when isn't it busy anymore?

Thank you both!

We will probably be leaving around 9 each morning so I think we'll wander to the YC to catch the bus. There's nothing worse than staring at your FP window and watching full buses pass you by!

With folks forecasting the horrors of crowds using the international Gateway when the sky tram opens, I was reminded of our first stay at YC back in 1992. There was only Yacht and Beach, Swan & Dolphin. Where the BWI is was a green wall. The friendship boat only went to HS. The S&D folks had bus to Epcot main entrance. It really was our own private entrance to Epcot.

Someone over at wdwmagic did an analysis of the additional people that would be brought to IG. Because the Gondolas are continuous load, people are dumped gradually, and not dumped in large groups like with the busses and monorail. And with the number of people at the resorts serviced by the Gondolas, and with only a % of those visiting Epcot every day, it doesn't seem like the IG will get a lot of additional crowding except maybe right after Illuninations. Probably a little heavier at rope drop and a handful of people at any given time throughout the day, but it's not going to be throngs of extra people .

Last edited:
What are the best garden view rooms? We are staying in Feb with a mailer pin code, and the only room class available was garden view. We've stayed water view in the past and prefer views of Crescent lake to any pool views. Going to keep checking to see if water view comes available, but what are the best garden view rooms?

What are the best garden view rooms? We are staying in Feb with a mailer pin code, and the only room class available was garden view. We've stayed water view in the past and prefer views of Crescent lake to any pool views. Going to keep checking to see if water view comes available, but what are the best garden view rooms?
We are in a garden room in feb too so very interested to hear the replies!

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

October :hmghost:

LMO429 Oct BC WV
BrianMcG Oct BC
Mrs.ChunkyBadger Oct YC
butternut Oct YC (maybe)
mevelandry Oct BC CL (pre-cruise)
twirly123 Oct BC
titansgal Oct BC
Disneytam Oct BC
mrs moon Oct
RoyalJay Oct ?? 25th Anniversary :love:
bookbabe626 Oct 5-8 (moved to BW)

Fall1 first week in Oct
3DisneyBuggs Oct 4-8 BC 4 nights
ToxicRoyalty Oct 5-12 BC
Tess Oct 5-14 either BCV or BC
cakebaker Oct 10-15 YC
Busymom1015 Oct 6-14 YC
hes122 Oct 10-14 YC
ladyhiss Oct 14-Oct 26 YC
PCFriar80 Oct 17-25 BCV
kerepka625 Oct 19-23 YC (followed by WL)
4disneygenerations Oct 19-25 BC
Abbey1 Oct 20-24 BC WV
AGoofykindagirl Oct 22-29 BC
ninafeliz Oct 24-29 BCV
PPFlight75 Oct 25-28 BC (split with Poly)
Haley R Oct 26-30 BC (split with POP, 10/23-26)
wendiloveswalt Oct 27-Nov 3 BCV (50th BD :cake: )
AimeeAurora Oct 27-Nov 3 BCV 1BR
TheBunny end of Oct- which resort? 3 weeks (Honeymoon :love2:)
kiki50 end of Oct
verleniahall Oct/Nov YC CL SV (Wine & Dine 5K)
TheInvernessie Oct/Nov YC or BC (maybe)

November :squirrel::squirrel::squirrel::squirrel::squirrel:

LMO429 Nov? BCV 1BR
Delirium Nov, Thanksgiving
ChicagoJ Nov, Thanksgiving week BC
WiredForFlight Nov YC
momto4obkids Nov YC GV

Blended Disney Nov 2-5 BCV with in-laws for F&W
disrain1960 Nov 4-8 BCV 1 BR
gottalovepluto Nov 6-9 BC (split with Poly)
got15 Nov 6-12 YC CL
vettegirl Nov 7-14 YC GV
DevonsDisneyMom Nov 9-?? YC
cocoabean1 Nov 9-17 BC CL
jlh512 Nov 10-15 BC
ChanduTail Nov 10-17 BCV
G719 Nov 13-17 YC
LSUMiss Nov 14-21 YC
WDW4us2006 Nov 15-16 (maybe) BC, after work conference
Dona Momma Nov 15-21 YC
lahobbs4 Nov 16-23 BCV (Thanksgiving)
wdwnut61 Nov 17-25 BC
Sally_1983 Nov 19-Dec 2 BC (Honeymoon :love2:)
wdwnut61 Nov 22-25 (after US/Hard Rock 11/18-11/22)
tmjw2727 Nov 23-?? YC WV
MemphisVanessa Nov 23-26 BC (then AKL 11/26-12/2)
jlundeen Nov 24-Dec 1 BCV studio (Helping newbies celebrate their daughter's college grad!)
Jon84 Nov 24-Dec 5 All BC, All the time!
gwynne Nov 27-29 YC (followed by 11/29-12/7 BWI)
100acreHiker Nov 27-Dec 2 BC
Pookie9922 Nov 27-Dec 4 BC
<3 Mandi <3 Nov 27-Dec 11 BCV

December :santa:

MickeyMouseCD524 Dec BC
Sandi Dec YC
lvloopingbag Dec
hjchik Dec YC
Drewsdad Dec BC
raytheyounger Dec BC
Disneylovingmomof2 Dec (maybe)
Crazyhorse Dec 1-7 (Moved to BWI?)

VAfamily 1998 early Dec YC
jessicadisneygirl Dec 1-9 BC/YC split
Jon84 Dec 3-5 BC, hoping for 11, AKL for now
patty57 Dec 4-8 BCV studio
DisneyDad in PA Dec 6-11 YC
Josieriz Dec 7-14 YC
Trinity88 Dec 7-14 BC WV
mystery222184 Dec 8-11 BC
m_adelaide Dec 12-18 YC
nascargirl Dec 12-19 BC CL
DisneyFanJenn Dec 14-18 BC (following 12/7-14 CBR)
unwritten01 Dec 14-?? BC
drquest Dec 15-?? BC
madlove4disney Dec 15-19 BC (Anniversary trip :love2: )
Kimberle mid-Dec YC Free Dining
scoobygrl79 Dec 16-21 YC
chadwick61 Dec 16-23 BCV
morganms22 Dec 20-24 YC WV
Jimmy Mouse Dec 22-28 BC CL
reluctantredhead Dec 23-27 BC 1BR Suite (after WL Dec 20-23)
Miked0292 Dec 23-28 BC CL
wmoon Christmas BC GV (split with CR theme park view)
denise5374 Dec 25-30 BC
disneyfanforlife68 Dec 27-Jan 4 BCV 1BR

January :cheer2:

tsme Jan BC WV
Bree Jan Marathon Weekend YC CL
pixarmom Jan Marathon Weekend YC
stitchfan18 Jan Marathon Weekend BC
ZellyB Jan 9-16 BC Marathon Weekend
PCFriar Jan 9-17 BCV Marathon
Keels Jan 10-15 BCV
pas130 Jan 18-21 YC CL GV
Aravan24 Jan 19-21 YC (after AKL 1/16-1/19)

February :love:

focusondisney Feb 3-8 YC CL WV
bookbabe626 Feb 15-18 BC SV (50th BD Celebration :cake:)
mikejs78 Presidents' Day week BC
minnie_moo15 Feb 28-March 10 BCV
eeyoreland end of Feb, 3 nights BC

March :shamrock:

Tink'sPixieduster March 3 day (maybe)
Madame March 9-15 BCV
mckenk March 12-14 BC
MaC410 March 21-30 BCV

April :flower:

mrs705 April BC
kristin0216 April BC Deluxe
cmsb April BC (maybe)
vinotinto April 3-7 YC (after 4 nights POR) Rival Run
PCFriar80 April 4-9 BCV (Star Wars 1/2 Marathon, Flower and Garden)
Bellabully April 10-20 BC CL WV
mevelandry April 13 BC CL (pre-cruise stay)
manakin April 29-May 10 BC
focusondisney April 20-27 YC CL GV 4/20-24, YC GV 4/24-27
Jimmy Mouse April 20-28 YC
Megan138 April/May BC Deluxe (not CL) 9 nights

May :cool2:

phyllis1966 May BC
louey May 6-10 YC
Tess May 9-17 BCV
hdrolfe May 19-26 BC
ToyStory3 May 25-June 1 BC CL GV

June :chewy:

mommyrosa2 Summer 2019 Celebrating DD 21st BD :cake:
Mac30188 June 1-6 BCV
always early June BC
Cluelyss June 8-11 BCV
mikec442 June 14-23 BC CL

July :sunny:

vyrg July BC
IHRTWDW July 2019
Lalabubbles July 18-30 BC SV

August :boat:

4DisneyFam Aug YC
wdwlvr Aug 17-25 BCV
roydavid7771 Aug 18-24 BCV (Big family gathering)

September :teacher:

WhoDat09 Sept YC
lisalonglash Sept 14-?? BC (Family trip, Anniversary Celebration) :love2:
Christine9125 Sept 15-?? YC
penelope75 Sept 15-22 YC (after 3 days at Universal)
ShayBells Sept 16-22 YC

October :hmghost:

VAtink Sept 25-Oct 2 YC
picesmama Sept/Oct 2019 BC (maybe)

November :squirrel:

ABZDisneyFan Nov 16-30 YC

December :santa:

focusondisney Dec 7-14 YC GV

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 Page 1354

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

I’ll be there December 7th-14th at The Beach Club. Double-digit countdown. Can’t wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter