Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know the current Stormalong Bay hours? I'm debating booking 1 night next week and I'd love to know what time the pool opens. Thanks!

Does the yacht club have laundry service? I know they have washer and dryers available for a charge. I’m wondering if I can leave something in the room, have them wash it and bring it back. I know it would cost a fortune but my little one sets the bed sometimes and I’m not sure I want to bring a ton of Pj’s for him or go all the way to the laundry room for soiled ones. Lol

Does the yacht club have laundry service? I know they have washer and dryers available for a charge. I’m wondering if I can leave something in the room, have them wash it and bring it back. I know it would cost a fortune but my little one sets the bed sometimes and I’m not sure I want to bring a ton of Pj’s for him or go all the way to the laundry room for soiled ones. Lol
Dee posted this back in 2012, so the prices may now be different. There is usually a list attached to the plastic laundry bag hanging in the guest room closet

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...d-november-2012.2970473/page-10#post-45753745

Here is pricing from OKW in 2016, which may be more accurate for today's costs:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/valet-laundry-service-prices.3573948/#post-57027516

I have a question about our upcoming split-stay. We'll be moving from POFQ to Beach Club on October 21st. We plan on having POFQ transfer our luggage to the BC while we spend the day at Epcot. We are hoping to leave Epcot by 4 or 5 that day to head to BC and go swimming. Is there a chance that our luggage won't have arrived by then? I thought about packing our swimsuits in a backpack or something to carry around Epcot that day, but I'd rather not lug them around if our bags will arrive before we do. Thanks!

If it were me, I would Uber from POFQ to Beach Club. Take all luggage, or at the very least a bag of stuff for later in the day. Leave bags with Bell Services. Walk over to Epcot.

Page 1321

Thank you so much for the detailed description of your room and the very helpful pictures. I have never seen that "view" before!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the pictures and room description. We really appreciate it!

:goodvibes

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the YC booked?

It is my understanding that most, if not all, of the king bed rooms have the shower only. But I am not positive about this.

If a king bed is your most important priority, then this should probably be your sole room request. If you need a tub for your stay, then it is probably best to skip requesting a king bed room.

::yes::
Yes we do! 11/14-11/21. We are usually Poly ppl & decided to try something new! Thank you for the info! That helps!

Has anyone heard anything about the lack of availability at the Yacht Club during the period from January 18-21, 2019? As it stands right now, there is essentially no availability for anything other than perhaps a pool view, club level room. This seems very odd given that the early 2019 discounts were just released yesterday (and there was no availability at that time either). Granted, I know it's a holiday weekend and also coincides with the beginning of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, but still...

Any information is appreciated. I'm hoping that they just have a bunch of rooms blocked off for conventions/weddings and those will eventually be released and open up some availability.

Dee posted this back in 2012, so the prices may now be different. There is usually a list attached to the plastic laundry bag hanging in the guest room closet

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...d-november-2012.2970473/page-10#post-45753745

Here is pricing from OKW in 2016, which may be more accurate for today's costs:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/valet-laundry-service-prices.3573948/#post-57027516
Thanks as long as I know it’s an option it’s easier for me to pack! Lol

Has anyone heard anything about the lack of availability at the Yacht Club during the period from January 18-21, 2019? As it stands right now, there is essentially no availability for anything other than perhaps a pool view, club level room. This seems very odd given that the early 2019 discounts were just released yesterday (and there was no availability at that time either). Granted, I know it's a holiday weekend and also coincides with the beginning of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, but still...

Any information is appreciated. I'm hoping that they just have a bunch of rooms blocked off for conventions/weddings and those will eventually be released and open up some availability.
Would you consider the BC? They have Garden/Woods View space for your dates with the Gift of Magic Room Offer.

$381.75 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax

Would you consider the BC? They have Garden/Woods View space for your dates with the Gift of Magic Room Offer.

$381.75 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax

I'm actually booked at the Beach Club currently, at that rate. If that ends up being where we stay, I'm perfectly fine with it as we love both resorts. However, I was really wanting to get a chance to stay in the newly remodeled rooms at the Yacht Club (and the slightly better discount there would be a plus as well). I'll keep watching and see if they possibly have some rooms free up as the dates get closer. Thanks!

I'm actually booked at the Beach Club currently, at that rate. If that ends up being where we stay, I'm perfectly fine with it as we love both resorts. However, I was really wanting to get a chance to stay in the newly remodeled rooms at the Yacht Club (and the slightly better discount there would be a plus as well). I'll keep watching and see if they possibly have some rooms free up as the dates get closer. Thanks!

Yes, keep trying. Also try breaking up the week. I was looking for a YC club level room yesterday. Found 4 nights over Easter weekend with the public discount, but had to break it into 2 reservations. Booked the other 3 nights in a regular room with the Disney Visa rate. Checked again this morning & was able to get all 4 nights for the club level room with the Visa discount for Easter weekend. So we still have to change rooms, but I got a great discount for the week & we’re at the resort we want to be at. Availability does change regularly. Good luck!

I'm so excited! We have a trip from Oct 24-29 planned for the Epcot AP after hours event, TSL EMM, MNSSHP, and F&W. Obviously with those plans the epcot area would be ideal, but there wasn't anything available at all for the past month or two (we planned late). I booked AKL with a great AP rate, but that's just not nearly as convenient for our Epcot and DHS heavy trip. Today I happened to look, and a BCV studio showed available! I called Citi Concierge to book it for me and they were even able to apply the Holiday Room Offer, which saved a little money (I wasn't seeing that as an option). It's more overall, but worth it to walk to those parks and be able to pop in and out or Epcot and DHS! Plus it will now be easy to hit Epcot 4 times for my Cutting Board :D.

So now I realize, I know nothing about the villas, just the hotel. I understand the differences in the rooms themselves, but I need some advice on views/requests. What would be a good request for a view from a studio villa? We won't be in the room as much this trip, so it isn't super important, but I would still like to avoid a road or parking lot, dumpster, etc and possibly find out if there is any hidden gem view to request and hope for? Thoughts, opinions, advice appreciated!

Just happy to be in the Epcot resort area!

We are going to the Beach Club on Friday, it will be our second trip this year. You know how I love the BWI! I am going with my son and his family and this is where they like to stay. We usually book here if I cannot get my cast rate at the BW. I have not been very impressed that last few stays, but I will say our stay in April did impress me.. Still not up to the BWI Innkeeper's Club but much better. Looking forward to our stay Friday
I hope you have a great time. Cody and his girlfriend are traveling down in two weeks but they are only doing one day of Disney so they are staying at Universal for the HHN stuff. They are also planning on a Discovery Cove day and a day at Sea World.

I would have loved to stay at the BWI, but no discounted rooms this time around and the F&W festival is our main draw so I was afraid the CL might be a bit wasted. Thanks for the advice, I need to make up my mind soon.

Yes, keep trying. Also try breaking up the week. I was looking for a YC club level room yesterday. Found 4 nights over Easter weekend with the public discount, but had to break it into 2 reservations. Booked the other 3 nights in a regular room with the Disney Visa rate. Checked again this morning & was able to get all 4 nights for the club level room with the Visa discount for Easter weekend. So we still have to change rooms, but I got a great discount for the week & we’re at the resort we want to be at. Availability does change regularly. Good luck!

Thanks for the great advice...not sure why I didn't try that earlier. We were booked at AKL from January 16 - 18 and then I was looking for Yacht Club from January 18 - 21. By breaking it down, it was clear that the night that was causing the problem was Friday, January 18. I was able to book Yacht Club for the discount for 2 nights (Jan 19-21) and I'll just extend our AKL reservation to cover the 18th until something opens up at Yacht Club. Either way, it'll be a great stay and saves me quite a nice chunk of change.

I have the option of booking the BC with a standard room or the YC with a water view room for about the same price. I stayed one night at the YC this spring when a snow storm left us stranded at Disney for an extra day and the room seemed nice enough. I have never stayed at the BC. Just 2 adults going and we have been to Disney many times but generally stay at the BWI. What one would you guys choose?
Water view at YC beats standard view at BC all day long!

Today is the day we leave! I am going to try to post as much as possible, but being with the grandchildren this trip it won’t be often. Any questions, please ask, I will get to them. My son told his children last night and 4 year old Oliver called me so excited saying, “Nanny, we are going to Buzz and Woody land with you!” It was so cute. They are all so excited now that they know they will be coming with us.

Today is the day we leave! I am going to try to post as much as possible, but being with the grandchildren this trip it won’t be often. Any questions, please ask, I will get to them. My son told his children last night and 4 year old Oliver called me so excited saying, “Nanny, we are going to Buzz and Woody land with you!” It was so cute. They are all so excited now that they know they will be coming with us.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter