Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have a copy of the August 2018 Activities Schedule that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

I believe guests who are staying club level in August can request this from Disney Signature Services in advance of their trip.

:thanks:

Someone recently asked about the Ale & Compass breakfast children's menu.

Here it is!

I believe that the cost of the buffet is $13 for children- I assume that means 9 and under.
And the buffet includes an entree selection also?

Does anyone have a copy of the August 2018 Activities Schedule that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

I believe guests who are staying club level in August can request this from Disney Signature Services in advance of their trip.

Thanks for asking for this! We arrive on the 21st and the kids are already asking :rotfl2:

New poster here on this thread! We have finally decided we are going to give BC a try with a split stay with the POLY on our next trip (2019), staying 4 nights at each resort. We will stay at the POLY for ease around MK area (and toddler in a stroller), then move to the BC for Epcot, DHS, etc. I am so excited to learn more and more about the Beach club. I see the rooms are a bit smaller than GF and Poly (both places I have just last stayed). But do they feel small? SO excited to learn more about a new resort! We have 2 children under 10, so I know this will be a great fit for us.

I also had asked about the DELUXE standard rooms at BC. Has anyone stayed in these? Are they worth it? How many are there still and where are they located? Good location or eh, not so great?

I have no idea how the rooms or building are laid out, I will be looking for all that info in the coming posts. Also, what rooms are closest in walking distance to Epcot or the Boardwalk? What do you feel is the perfect room?

Sorry for so many questions! I am so excited to have finally made a decision since returning from the GF in April!!

We are doing a split BC/Poly too....tomorrow....yippee! We always stay at the Poly as it’s my fav but I convinced my dh to do a split (told him it was a bit. Heater which it was). I haven’t stayed here since 1990! We are just booked in standard ho hum nothing exciting rooms. I am fine with that because it’s all about the pools!

Tomorrow if I remember I will try to take a picture.

Page 1278-1279

Happy dance Time!!!!

I'll be at Beach Club from the 29th of april next year until 10th may pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

can't wait :love::love:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Page 15

:cool1:

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I'm finally getting my act together to post a quick review on this board of our BC CL stay last month.

*snip*

Thank you so much for sharing your review and room view pictures!

:goodvibes

When walking from BC to HS, can you still cut through the BW pool area? I usually stay at a different resort and have only been at BW once for a few minutes. I am trying to familiarize myself with walking map that cuts through the BW and I'm sure I will get turned around! Google Maps shows a similar path so I am hoping I can just put it in my phone app and it take me turn by turn.

:welcome: to the thread.

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

I have never taken the path through the BW pool to get to HS. I use the path described above that skirts the pool area as well.

:clown:

Hi everyone - we just booked a trip at BCR for 5/25/19-6/1/19. We are so excited! This will be our 3rd stay at BCR and it's our favorite resort. We were there in 2011 and again in 2014 and we've been dying to get back since then. Can you please add us to the roster? Can you tell me if most of the 2 queen CL GV rooms have full balconies? I'm requesting one but wondered what my chances are. Will be following along this thread for the next 10 months!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

The percentage of full balcony rooms is higher on the 5th floor, club level than the rest of the resort. The extra good news is, I believe ALL of the BC CL Garden View rooms have full balconies.

:woohoo:

We have stayed at the Beach Club several times, but always in July. We are looking at a stay in mid-April next year. My boys favorite thing about the resort is the pool. Is the water warm enough for swimming in April? I don't want them to miss out on their favorite part of the hotel!

:welcome:

Let us know if you book a stay here.

I always say the answer to the question about whether the pool is warm enough to swim depends somewhat on where you are from and what you are used to. November to early March, I think the temperature once you get out of the pool is the deciding factor of whether it is comfortable enough to swim. I would be comfortable swimming in April. YMMV.

:fish:
And the buffet includes an entree selection also?

Good question.

I really don't know, but suspect that for the child's price, you could get one of the child's entrees as well as the buffet.

:confused3

We are doing a split BC/Poly too....tomorrow....yippee! We always stay at the Poly as it’s my fav but I convinced my dh to do a split (told him it was a bit. Heater which it was). I haven’t stayed here since 1990! We are just booked in standard ho hum nothing exciting rooms. I am fine with that because it’s all about the pools!

Thank you!

I have another friend there now, so if you don't get to it we should be all set.

::yes::

New poster here on this thread! We have finally decided we are going to give BC a try with a split stay with the POLY on our next trip (2019), staying 4 nights at each resort. We will stay at the POLY for ease around MK area (and toddler in a stroller), then move to the BC for Epcot, DHS, etc. I am so excited to learn more and more about the Beach club. I see the rooms are a bit smaller than GF and Poly (both places I have just last stayed). But do they feel small? SO excited to learn more about a new resort! We have 2 children under 10, so I know this will be a great fit for us.

I also had asked about the DELUXE standard rooms at BC. Has anyone stayed in these? Are they worth it? How many are there still and where are they located? Good location or eh, not so great?

I have no idea how the rooms or building are laid out, I will be looking for all that info in the coming posts. Also, what rooms are closest in walking distance to Epcot or the Boardwalk? What do you feel is the perfect room?

Sorry for so many questions! I am so excited to have finally made a decision since returning from the GF in April!!

Oh no! This concerns me. We are late sleepers, keep our toddler up till 12am on our last trip and sleep later. That would drive me crazy!! I need to know more about this. I was all set to book BC but this worries me!

:welcome: to the Beach & Yacht Club forum!

Let us know if you do end up booking at the resort.

I haven't stayed in the resort rooms at GF or Poly, so I can't compare the feel of the room size, but when I traveled with my husband and two teen sons, we were perfectly comfortable.

For the Beach Club, I think there are 6 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club. There are some detailed descriptions you can find on Page 1, Post 12. I have not stayed in any of these rooms.

The rooms closest to EPCOT at the Beach Club are the ones in the wing in between the lobby/Marketplace and the EPCOT side. You can go out a side door of the resort "Secret Exit" and it is about a 3 minute walk to EPCOT, 5 minutes to BW. From the lobby of the Beach Club, the walk to EPCOT is between 5-7 minutes.

There is some discussion, and a picture of the Roman shades a few pages back. The majority of the rooms do not have this set up, but you could request a room with a sliding door as suggested, bring duct tape or other materials to block the gap if you get a room with this feature, request a room change if available or consider booking at the Yacht Club, which doesn't have these types of door/window covering.

:)

Oh have fun!!! And I want to hear all about it when you get back! How many nights at each???? So happy for you!

:welcome: to the Beach & Yacht Club forum!

Let us know if you do end up booking at the resort.

The rooms closest to EPCOT at the Beach Club are the ones in the wing in between the lobby/Marketplace and the EPCOT side. You can go out a side door of the resort "Secret Exit" and it is about a 3 minute walk to EPCOT, 5 minutes to BW. From the lobby of the Beach Club, the walk to EPCOT is between 5-7 minutes.

:)

Thank you. What are the areas of the BC resort called? How do you make a room request when booking?

Thank you. What are the areas of the BC resort called? How do you make a room request when booking?
I’m not sure what you mean. The “areas” of the BC don’t have names.
I find it best to list my request(s) on the phone when booking. Generic requests are best, for example “sliding Glassdoor please” or “ near elevator “ or “ higher floor”. Make them in the order of importance and the fewer the better.
And remember, the are REQUESTS only no guarantee

Just wanted to double check- if I request “sliding glass door” does that mean I’d get the Venetian blinds or black out curtains? I’m staying at the BC.

Just wanted to double check- if I request “sliding glass door” does that mean I’d get the Venetian blinds or black out curtains? I’m staying at the BC.
Black out curtains. The blinds seem to be the rooms with a single hinged door and single window beside it to access the balcony. FWIW, we had a room with blinds and they did not block light very well at all and I did not care for the smaller door/window setup, I felt like it made the room feel less airy and bright and somehow not as plush. I know it seems like a small detail, but I strongly disliked that balcony door/window/blinds setup and it really colored my whole opinion of the BC rooms.

I’m not sure what you mean. The “areas” of the BC don’t have names.
I find it best to list my request(s) on the phone when booking. Generic requests are best, for example “sliding Glassdoor please” or “ near elevator “ or “ higher floor”. Make them in the order of importance and the fewer the better.
And remember, the are REQUESTS only no guarantee

I mean, for example, the Poly and the GF have different building names to request. I thought maybe BC had different sections of the hotel, with names, to request.

Full balcony is a big one. Day bed or not is another I've seen. Then there's the whole sliding door vs mini blinds thing. Top floor vs lower levels. That sort of thing.

Are the rooms with daybeds the same size as the rooms without daybeds? If no daybed, what's in it's place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter