Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone had trouble making room location requests when checking in online? We aren't going until August but when I tried to put in a request, there was nothing available on the selection bar, it simply just said "select." We only care about having a balcony so I wasn't looking to request anything major.
The request section can be very glitchy. Just come back when you are closer to the trip and the choices might magically appear by then. :)

Has anyone had trouble making room location requests when checking in online? We aren't going until August but when I tried to put in a request, there was nothing available on the selection bar, it simply just said "select." We only care about having a balcony so I wasn't looking to request anything major.
Yes that is an oft reported glitch, or some say it is designed that way intentionally. At any rate that is what it is doing. You need to call and request the full balcony.

The request section can be very glitchy. Just come back when you are closer to the trip and the choices might magically appear by then. :)

Yes that is an oft reported glitch, or some say it is designed that way intentionally. At any rate that is what it is doing. You need to call and request the full balcony.
Thanks to you both. I'll just check back closer to the trip and see if it opens up. If not I'll have our TA put it in. Silly me was trying to be self sufficient and rely on a Disney website :-)

Page 1247-1248

Not late August, but I got one for early September 180 days +1 out. Form past experience, I have been able to secure a table there usually one to two days before a trip as other guests cancel. That did, however, require a lot of re-checking the website frequently the day or two before the trip

:welcome: to the thread!

:goodvibes

wait wuuuh....how did i miss this? part of how i can justify beach club was for SAB. would they need to inform us?

So, you missed this because Disney hasn't really announced any details. Something vague appeared on the travel agents website (dates between mid-August to fall 2018) about the closure of a small part of Stormalong Bay for the installation of cabanas. We believe the area is near the shallow kiddie sandbar area of the pool (YC side). Some CMs from Disney Signature Service have indicated that the work is probably going to be postponed until later in 2018.

But that is pretty much all we know at this point.

Yes, I assume Disney will notify any guests who will be staying at the time that the work will be taking place, once they have a firm date in mind. At that point, I also assume that Disney will be very flexible in allowing guests to change their reservation if they feel the proposed work with adversely impact their vacation.

::yes::

Loving BC. Got here after dinner and grabbed a quick flat bread and then headed to SAB for a bit. Got a full balcony and day bed! So far so good ( minus it took forever to get here on Magical Express after standing in line waiting, then sitting on bus for awhile , then stopping at 3 resorts before getting here)

Glad you have had a pretty good start to your trip.

Wishing you a magical stay!

:tinker:

Had a great first day at BCV! Rooms are beautiful. Didn’t get to explore much since we got in late and went straight to Epcot. Getting up early for Cape May Cafe breakfast! I’ll try and write more tomorrow!

Enjoy!!!

:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! We're returning to the BC at the end of August after 2 years. The last time we were there we had a beautiful view of the lake and we could see the fireworks from HS. This year, we're staying in a 2 BD Villa. What are the views like from the villas? Is there a specific area we should request to get the best view?

Also, is there construction happening?? I haven't heard of anything until I read this thread. Help!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I try to update any info we have about current or upcoming construction in the first post on Page 1.

Right now, there are some walls up on the way to the International Gateway, for construction of the gondolas, there is some scaffolding on the exterior of some of the BC buildings for painting, I believe.

As mentioned about, at some point in the "near" future, cabanas will be installed at Stormalong Bay. We don't have any firm details about when.

:confused3

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Thanks to you both. I'll just check back closer to the trip and see if it opens up. If not I'll have our TA put it in. Silly me was trying to be self sufficient and rely on a Disney website :-)

:rotfl2:

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get an ADR for Beaches And Cream Soda Shop late-August? I kept trying since our 180-days window opened, with no luck. I know the venue is small, but since we're staying 13 days, I thought it would been unlikely I missed all the tables, both for lunch or dinner.

I had 50s prime time and I opted to switch for a variety of reasons. I keep looking and then one day about 2 weeks ago B&C opened up at about the same time. I even had options to change the time but I left it for now because we will be in the studios that morning.

I got a touring plans alert yesterday for b&c but it was at 4:10, instead of lunch time. I thought I would get it anyway but I was about 3 minutes late. I was eating at a restaurant so I just missed the notification on my phone. We still have 120 days so lots of time to keep checking.

Be Our Guest list is update. Please take a moment to see if I have your information listed correctly.

Our October trip is correct (slumming in a garden cottage over at BW, trying not to be terrified of the clown pool)

Our December trip has expanded, adding another split. Not sure if it’ll stay like this, but it’s currently:

bookbabe626 Dec 30-Jan 2 BC SV (split stay 3 nights WL, 4 nights POFQ, BC, then 4 nights Poly)

It was our May trip where we tried out YC, with a verdict of “it’s better than a lot of places, but not better than BC”

<grin> And we’re currently in negotiations for February and May...after all, since we’re got APs, it’s like we have free tickets, so we might as well use them, right?

Yes- it’s been that way for a good few days now.

I got a touring plans alert yesterday for b&c but it was at 4:10, instead of lunch time. I thought I would get it anyway but I was about 3 minutes late. I was eating at a restaurant so I just missed the notification on my phone. We still have 120 days so lots of time to keep checking.

I thought for a second I was the one who grabbed your reservation, but after checking, mine was at 4:00pm, not 4:10pm!
I ended up getting it anyway, even though maybe I will try ask at the podium if it would be possible to move our reservation at an earlier time.

Thanks everyone who helped us learning there was no glitches with B&C, that it was just VERY hard to get an ADR there. With this knowledge, we were able to keep trying!

I thought for a second I was the one who grabbed your reservation, but after checking, mine was at 4:00pm, not 4:10pm!
I ended up getting it anyway, even though maybe I will try ask at the podium if it would be possible to move our reservation at an earlier time.

Thanks everyone who helped us learning there was no glitches with B&C, that it was just VERY hard to get an ADR there. With this knowledge, we were able to keep trying!
I was trying for October 27. Did you get one for that date?

I was trying for October 27. Did you get one for that date?

That definitely wasn't me! I was trying late August, and I misread you post, thought you were 120 days after your ADR window opened, not 120 days until the ADR!

As promised, I got some pictures of the YC room maps when I was there earlier this month. I sent the BIG images to Dee via email so that she can format them in whatever way she likes for the thread info. But in the meantime, here are some smaller versions. The 'First Floor', etc. labels were added by me, otherwise these are the images used by the front desk at the hotel.

YCRooms123.jpg

YCRooms45.jpg

I posted BC maps when we were there in 2016, and I glanced at the ones at the YC front desk... they looked the same. This isn't surprising, since when we stayed in 2016, they had just finished the BC room renovations. Clearly these YC maps (which say November 2017) are post-YC room renovations.

As promised, I got some pictures of the YC room maps when I was there earlier this month. I sent the BIG images to Dee via email so that she can format them in whatever way she likes for the thread info. But in the meantime, here are some smaller versions. The 'First Floor', etc. labels were added by me, otherwise these are the images used by the front desk at the hotel.

I posted BC maps when we were there in 2016, and I glanced at the ones at the YC front desk... they looked the same. This isn't surprising, since when we stayed in 2016, they had just finished the BC room renovations. Clearly these YC maps (which say November 2017) are post-YC room renovations.

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

You are awesome!

Thank you!

:banana::banana::banana:

Hi Everyone!!

We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time Aug 16-20th. We usually stay at the Pop Century, but we're splurging this year on a shorter stay. (I turn 40 in November, but I'm celebrating all year!!)
We have a wood/garden view booked, and my hubby really wants a ground floor room. Do ground floor rooms have an exterior door to a patio? If so, can you open them from the outside with a magic band (so you don't have to walk inside)? I guess for that matter, do all ground floor rooms even have a patio? I tried looking at pictures, but I can't really tell.

Thanks so much!! We can't wait!

YCRooms123.jpg

YCRooms45.jpg

Thank you @helenb for those maps.

Nice to see that the 5193 room, which has no balcony, has been downgraded to a standard club. I remember seeing reports of it being a water view in the previous years.

That definitely wasn't me! I was trying late August, and I misread you post, thought you were 120 days after your ADR window opened, not 120 days until the ADR!
Haha okay. I actually have a 10:40 pm for one night but I obviously don’t want that lol. It was the only time I could get so I just took it.

Hi Everyone!!

We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time Aug 16-20th. We usually stay at the Pop Century, but we're splurging this year on a shorter stay. (I turn 40 in November, but I'm celebrating all year!!)
We have a wood/garden view booked, and my hubby really wants a ground floor room. Do ground floor rooms have an exterior door to a patio? If so, can you open them from the outside with a magic band (so you don't have to walk inside)? I guess for that matter, do all ground floor rooms even have a patio? I tried looking at pictures, but I can't really tell.

Thanks so much!! We can't wait!

All have a patio with doors to the patio. You can not however access them from the outside to enter the room there is no way to lock them from the outside. Also I would never try to leave the patio to go out, as you have to walk through landscaping, usually shrubs and that is where the snakes like to get out of the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter