• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm neither of the requestees [I think I just made up a word] but the link is in post 24567[at the bottom] on page 1229. Just a couple of pages back!

Thanks for posting the directions to where I posted the link earlier this week (before Ambien became big news) (no, I didn't experience racist side effects)

I could use a laugh today. Can you or @natebenma provide a link? (Sorry if I missed it)

That is not even the best update from that report. If you really need a mood boost, I'll share another post from that report and then another one from another trip co-starring Mommy's little helper Ambien that should have you laughing (and swearing off any nighttime pharmacuticals)

No Neater Greeter and Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team

So I get this is going to sound very selfish but trying to figure out to leave things to the Disney Gods or take my chance on something.

Right now we have a garden room booked for our trip that is in 11 days....We are celebrating a military homecoming and 3(4--if my husband wants to be included) birthdays. He left on our daughters 1st birthday and missed our sons 2 days later and missed mine 2 days later and his in Jan.

Do I go on touring plans and pick a room (which I still know it may not happen but it could) or do i just fill out the check in part on disney page and pray for some good pixie dust...here is a reason why i am torn...we have 2 very small kids as i just said my daughter turned 1 when my husband deployed my son is 3...we won't be staying in the parks at night and want to be able to enjoy the evening by hoping to catch some kind of view of fireworks since I haven't seen any since having kids and we have been taking them.

I am fully aware that nothing is EVER guaranteed...fully aware but I just want this trip to be nice (which I know still will be) but after just the mess of a deployment and my husband saying sure we can stay at yacht club for this trip who can blame me for wishing for that pixie dust. And like i said i know sounds a little selfish.

So I get this is going to sound very selfish but trying to figure out to leave things to the Disney Gods or take my chance on something.

Right now we have a garden room booked for our trip that is in 11 days....We are celebrating a military homecoming and 3(4--if my husband wants to be included) birthdays. He left on our daughters 1st birthday and missed our sons 2 days later and missed mine 2 days later and his in Jan.

Do I go on touring plans and pick a room (which I still know it may not happen but it could) or do i just fill out the check in part on disney page and pray for some good pixie dust...here is a reason why i am torn...we have 2 very small kids as i just said my daughter turned 1 when my husband deployed my son is 3...we won't be staying in the parks at night and want to be able to enjoy the evening by hoping to catch some kind of view of fireworks since I haven't seen any since having kids and we have been taking them.

I am fully aware that nothing is EVER guaranteed...fully aware but I just want this trip to be nice (which I know still will be) but after just the mess of a deployment and my husband saying sure we can stay at yacht club for this trip who can blame me for wishing for that pixie dust. And like i said i know sounds a little selfish.

Are you booked at Yacht Club or Beach Club?

We are celebrating a military homecoming and 3(4--if my husband wants to be included) birthdays. He left on our daughters 1st birthday and missed our sons 2 days later and missed mine 2 days later and his in Jan.

A) The Touring Plans thing has always confused me. The hotels say that the don't read room request faxes. But people say they have good luck when they have Touring Plans fax in a room request. So do the hotels read the faxes or not?

B) The Touring Plans website has a lot of mistakes. So you might get the exact room you request, but discover that it wasn't what you had expected it to be.

C) If you have Touring Plans request a specific room, (or if you personally request a specific room) and that room isn't available, the room assigners won't know what it was that you liked about that room so they won't be able to get you a good alternative.

D) Do not try to do it on the check in part of the Disney page. There are always glitches with that. Sometimes you see options which don't even apply to the hotel at which you will be staying.

E) Call 407-W-DISNEY (if you made the reservation yourself) or have your travel agent call (if he/she made the reservation) to put in your room request.

F) Call today. Then call back tomorrow and say you can't remember if you made a request, so ask them to read it back to you. (So you can see if they goofed.) Don't delay. You are getting close to the day that the rooms will be assigned.

G) Simplify the reason for your request, because frankly your whole story is hard to follow. Go with something like: My husband is in the military. He was overseas (or wherever) and missed my son's 3rd birthday (or whatever year) so we are celebrating it at Disney World. That tugs on the heartstrings more than the way you explained it.

H) Make sure you make the request a positive ("I want") rather than a negative ("I don't want"). If you make it a negative, they might enter it incorrectly and show that you have asked to get whatever it was that you didn't want.

A) The Touring Plans thing has always confused me. The hotels say that the don't read room request faxes. But people say they have good luck when they have Touring Plans fax in a room request. So do the hotels read the faxes or not?

B) The Touring Plans website has a lot of mistakes. So you might get the exact room you request, but discover that it wasn't what you had expected it to be.

C) If you have Touring Plans request a specific room, (or if you personally request a specific room) and that room isn't available, the room assigners won't know what it was that you liked about that room so they won't be able to get you a good alternative.

D) Do not try to do it on the check in part of the Disney page. There are always glitches with that. Sometimes you see options which don't even apply to the hotel at which you will be staying.

E) Call 407-W-DISNEY (if you made the reservation yourself) or have your travel agent call (if he/she made the reservation) to put in your room request.

F) Call today. Then call back tomorrow and say you can't remember if you made a request, so ask them to read it back to you. (So you can see if they goofed.) Don't delay. You are getting close to the day that the rooms will be assigned.

G) Simplify the reason for your request, because frankly your whole story is hard to follow. Go with something like: My husband is in the military. He was overseas (or wherever) and missed my son's 3rd birthday (or whatever year) so we are celebrating it at Disney World. That tugs on the heartstrings more than the way you explained it.

H) Make sure you make the request a positive ("I want") rather than a negative ("I don't want"). If you make it a negative, they might enter it incorrectly and show that you have asked to get whatever it was that you didn't want.

Touring plans isn't that hard for me...I used to on our Dec trip when it was just my mother in law and kids. I have already told disney the reasons for our trip and what we are celebrating...which is a military homecoming and 3 birthdays that my husband missed. I don't know if I can request out of category on touring plans with what I am paying for....or like I said just fill out the disney website info and hope for pixie which I know BOTH are not guaranteed. This isn't our first trip to disney...we live 3 hours away so we go as often as my husband can handle it....at the end I know its we are disney and should be happy but doesn't mean i can't wish for some pixie dust.

What do you mean by “ if I can request out of category “? If you are requesting a category you didn’t book that is a wasted request.
Very few rooms at YC have a fireworks view
It sounds like you have already outlined your reasons. Your best bet, as PP stated, is to call and put your request in and leave the online form blank.

Touring plans isn't that hard for me...I used to on our Dec trip when it was just my mother in law and kids. I have already told disney the reasons for our trip and what we are celebrating...which is a military homecoming and 3 birthdays that my husband missed. I don't know if I can request out of category on touring plans with what I am paying for....or like I said just fill out the disney website info and hope for pixie which I know BOTH are not guaranteed. This isn't our first trip to disney...we live 3 hours away so we go as often as my husband can handle it....at the end I know its we are disney and should be happy but doesn't mean i can't wish for some pixie dust.
Do you mean that you are hoping to be upgraded to a higher category?

Assume that you won't be upgraded, because it's very unlikely, and fill out the Touring Plans request form with what you'd like for the category you have booked. We don't send it as-is & instead write what we are looking for in the comment section, explaining why. You can say things like "a room with a view of the Epcot fireworks" or "a room on a high floor," but you shouldn't request a room in a different category. You can also add your notes/celebrations here. That way, if you're not upgraded, you still have a chance at the room you'd prefer within that category. We have had very good luck using their fax service this way.

I would also ignore the Disney form.

Then, call & have your notes/celebrations added directly to your reservation. I don't think you can see the fireworks very well from the Yacht Club, though. It's tricky even from the Beach Club, and the Beach Club is closer to the park.

Edit: I do not think it is selfish to hope for pixie dust :) Thank you to your husband for his service.

Last edited:

You should be able to see some of the DHS fireworks, as well as the higher EPCOT fireworks from the BC/YC beach. They have chairs set up there. You can also get a view of the higher EPCOT fireworks from the bridge between the Boardwalk and BC - that's about a 5 minute walk from the YC. So, even if you can't see them from your room, a view is not far away. If the kids are up in the early evening, and you won't be in the parks, take a walk over to the Boardwalk area. There is usually entertainment (free) with either a magician, juggler, etc., which is lots of fun. The sunsets around Crescent Lake and the EPCOT resort area are really amazing! So. even just walking around and hanging out can be very enjoyable.

Also, you might want to stop at Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club and get some ice cream. There is outdoor seating that overlooks Stormalong Bay. Most kids I know love ice cream (adults, too)!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered - I searched back several pages but didn't find it.

Can someone tell me what the fridge situation is in a Standard room? Is it a mini-fridge full of stuff we can't move without being charged? A mini-fridge that is empty and usable? or something bigger than a minifridge?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered - I searched back several pages but didn't find it.

Can someone tell me what the fridge situation is in a Standard room? Is it a mini-fridge full of stuff we can't move without being charged? A mini-fridge that is empty and usable? or something bigger than a minifridge?

Thanks!

It is a mini-fridge that is empty and there for you to use as you wish. They are a bit larger than the cube mini fridges.

Do you mean that you are hoping to be upgraded to a higher category?

Assume that you won't be upgraded, because it's very unlikely, and fill out the Touring Plans request form with what you'd like for the category you have booked. We don't send it as-is & instead write what we are looking for in the comment section, explaining why. You can say things like "a room with a view of the Epcot fireworks" or "a room on a high floor," but you shouldn't request a room in a different category. You can also add your notes/celebrations here. That way, if you're not upgraded, you still have a chance at the room you'd prefer within that category. We have had very good luck using their fax service this way.

I would also ignore the Disney form.

Then, call & have your notes/celebrations added directly to your reservation. I don't think you can see the fireworks very well from the Yacht Club, though. It's tricky even from the Beach Club, and the Beach Club is closer to the park.

Edit: I do not think it is selfish to hope for pixie dust :) Thank you to your husband for his service.

We stay waterview club level at YC all the time. You can see quite a bit of the fireworks from Epcot from most of theose rooms. Many of the garden view rooms face away from Epcot or face the front of the resort. Wouldn't see Epcot fireworks from there. You might see some of the MK fireworks if there are no trees blocking the view.

Are there any Standard rooms with a water view or a fireworks view? I realize this is a shot in the dark but I'm trying to figure out what to request. Ideally we'd like a King bed, close to transportation/elevators, with a view of something other than trees or parking lots.

With a lot of requests it is harder for the room assigner to find a room with all the features you are looking for that happens to be available on the day you check in. Since king bed rooms are scarce at the resort I would suggest making that your primary request.

“King bed, please”. Close to elevator/lobby/transportation, if possible”

Have you booked a standard view room or are you contemplating booking garden or water view? Since standard room views by definition are parking lot or roof top views I don’t advise trying to specify a particular view that is not in your room category.

:)

Last edited:
Oh, wow! You’ve got photos of our balcony directly below you and directly above Marketplace! That’s awesome. We just got home on Tuesday 29th so we checked out on Monday 28th May — we were there for the 15 days from 13th May until 28th. We absolutely loved 2618. It was a fabulous room with lots of fond memories and a beautiful view. It was our first Beach Club stay and we are converts! We absolutely loved the entire resort and the whole Boardwalk area. We are already planning a return trip next year. We upgraded our free dining to deluxe dining and boy was it amazing! We put on 13lbs each!!! ARGH! We’re away again next week to Nashville to CMA Fest (bad timing with so much annual leave, but can hardly wait!).

That’s just so awesome to see our balcony! When did you check in?

We checked in on the 21st but moved to 3618 on the 24th. Did you have any issue's with the toilet flush noise? Our room must have had every toilet going through it. Lol. X

Are there any Standard rooms with a water view or a fireworks view? I realize this is a shot in the dark but I'm trying to figure out what to request. Ideally we'd like a King bed, close to transportation/elevators, with a view of something other than trees or parking lots.
If you are asking about standard view rooms at the Beach Club then the answer is yes. There are standard view rooms that face Crescent Lake, so you can see the lake just past Storm Along Bay. I know there is a king bed room that faces Crescent Lake because we had it. I have posted pictures of the room and view in the Beach Club room view thread - here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-7#post-57881465

Some of these standard view rooms that face the lake will have a view of the DHS fireworks. I think that some of the standard view rooms that face the parking lot have a very distant view of the MK fireworks.

Thanks!

Our YC room a few weeks ago had an empty useable mini-fridge, but it wasn’t your standard dorm-style square one. It was shallower and taller, but it still easily fit some milk for coffee and a few bottled waters. I think there’s a pic in the post about the YC, post #9, but it leads you to believe the fridge is the full depth of its enclosure, but it isn’t. Or at least ours wasn’t.

If you’re at BC, there should be a fridge pic here somewhere, but it’s not in post #8. If I remember from our last stay there, it was more similar to a standard dorm mini-fridge.

Thanks!
I remember when they used to have the fully stocked fridge, but that was many years ago. They now have small refrigerators, or "coolers", that do not have freezer compartments. The new fridges will hold a gallon of milk and most things that you would want to store in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter