Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

You could also walk or Uber to the nearby gas station to get water and other items if you wanted.

You can purchase water in the gift shop. $6.99 for a case.
The resort shops sell 24 bottle cases of 12 ounce bottles, which is smaller than the bottles individually sold at the parks and shops. So, a case of water will weigh about 18 pounds.
Some guests will place the water in their rollaboard to wheel it from the shop to their room.

Last edited:

I know there is no way to know for sure and I am just asking for opinions, but what’s the likelihood of Stormalong Bay opening at 8 by late May? I know it’s more likely to be 9 just hoping it’s not 10. I have an 11:30am reservation for Bon Voyage breakfast and would like a little pool time before.

I know there is no way to know for sure and I am just asking for opinions, but what’s the likelihood of Stormalong Bay opening at 8 by late May? I know it’s more likely to be 9 just hoping it’s not 10. I have an 11:30am reservation for Bon Voyage breakfast and would like a little pool time before.
We were there in July last year and the pool opened at 9:00 am. So I don’t think it will open at 8am. The quiet pool opens at 7am. :)

I know this has probably been asked but how do you get a case of water sent to your room? we are flying in and drink a lot of water.. Is there a grocery store that delivers or can you get it at the marketplace?

Another option is to bring reusable bottles (like camelbacks) and purchase gallons of water in the Marketplace.

:drinking1

I know this has probably been asked but how do you get a case of water sent to your room? we are flying in and drink a lot of water.. Is there a grocery store that delivers or can you get it at the marketplace?

We are in the same predicament! We are flying and the last time we went my dh was able to ship water and all our breakfast stuff very cheap..aka free. But now anymore. My sister lives in FL but she may not come for a few days after we get there so I have been looking at all options.

I was leaning towards Safeway but now my dh said to rent a car from the dolphin for a day (we will still be on the free parking since our reservation wasn’t made before today). And then we can go to Walmart/publix, etc..,and pick what we want for the 10 days. And we can use the car to go to WCC for dinner that night at 6:30 and not have to leave at 3 to get a bus to the MK and then a boat to WCC. Then we will return the car the next day. I think a day rental was between $40-50.

I also thought of Uber. But he likes the rental for the day.

We are in the same predicament! We are flying and the last time we went my dh was able to ship water and all our breakfast stuff very cheap..aka free. But now anymore. My sister lives in FL but she may not come for a few days after we get there so I have been looking at all options.

I was leaning towards Safeway but now my dh said to rent a car from the dolphin for a day (we will still be on the free parking since our reservation wasn’t made before today). And then we can go to Walmart/publix, etc..,and pick what we want for the 10 days. And we can use the car to go to WCC for dinner that night at 6:30 and not have to leave at 3 to get a bus to the MK and then a boat to WCC. Then we will return the car the next day. I think a day rental was between $40-50.

I also thought of Uber. But he likes the rental for the day.
Uber would probably be much cheaper than a rental, plus you wouldn't have to worry about dropping off the car the next day.

Uber would probably be much cheaper than a rental, plus you wouldn't have to worry about dropping off the car the next day.

I have not rented a car, but I believe you can drop off at the Dolphin, which is next door to the Yacht Club.

I know. My DH and I discussed that but he said he’d rather just rent and go where we want/a few places-I don’t want to buy shampoo and sunscreen in publix when I can get it elsewhere cheaper but at the same time, Walmart doesn’t carry my sons dairy free butter. Plus we could get to WCC easier that night. If we took Uber it would be $25-30 and if we added a Minnie van to WCC I am sure by summer the rate will go up so it balances out.

And I can switch my park morning to AK vs The studios and drive there vs the bus. It’s all about avoiding the bus!

And as far as dropping it off, we’d rent at the dolphin and drop off there. Can do it during our mid day break or like above if we went to AK, drop it off after our am there.

I have til August. Need to get thru April’s vacation first.

So late summer discounts were released today, and I'm just curious about other people's thoughts on why the discount on YC is so much better than BC, especially now that it's all remodeled. Could it just be the dog policy?

So late summer discounts were released today, and I'm just curious about other people's thoughts on why the discount on YC is so much better than BC, especially now that it's all remodeled. Could it just be the dog policy?

Disney's discount program is not unique -it's the "dynamic" model utilized by most in the industry. It relies entirely on demand. Evidently, more people are interested in staying at BC than YC.

Disney's discount program is not unique -it's the "dynamic" model utilized by most in the industry. It relies entirely on demand. Evidently, more people are interested in staying at BC than YC.

Right, I know that - I guess what I should have said was what may be causing the lesser interest in YC? In the past it seems like they were pretty much in line on discounts unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Right, I know that - I guess what I should have said was what may be causing the lesser interest in YC?

I've asked that here before, and it's been difficult to nail down why. My first stay at either resort was YC this past December. It was really nice, but not what I would consider "Disney magic" if you will. We stayed at WL a few weeks ago now, and were just completely taken with the place, in contrast. When I watch this thread, it seems as though people are way higher on BC for whatever reason. My wife and I have booked a September trip to BC based a lot on the enthusiasm for that resort. We're hoping it doesn't feel quite as "convention center", and more like Disney.

EDIT: Our BC stay is 9/10 through 9/16 btw, for "Be our Guest" purposes! :)

I have always wondered the same thing. We have stayed at all 4 in that area, BC, BW, YC, and Swan and Dolphin. We love the YC hands down. Mostly for the fact that all the rooms have a balcony. We love coming back to the room late and enjoying a beverage or two on the balcony. I also love having my morning coffee out there and having a little alone time, while my wife gets ready, before the start of a long magical day.

I have always wondered the same thing. We have stayed at all 4 in that area, BC, BW, YC, and Swan and Dolphin. We love the YC hands down. Mostly for the fact that all the rooms have a balcony. We love coming back to the room late and enjoying a beverage or two on the balcony. I also love having my morning coffee out there and having a little alone time, while my wife gets ready, before the start of a long magical day.

BC is our favorite overall, but we really enjoyed Yacht and for the price difference we may end up going with it. And we would definitely have a balcony. I'm not sure what to do yet, I'm going to wait a while and see if AP discounts are any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter