Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well, yeah. I read that.

However, some standard rooms at other resorts can still have some pretty incredible views but the standard views I browsed through looked exceptionally crummy.

There are no incredible Standard View rooms at the YC/BC, unless you like rooftops or parking lots.
I too read the other thread. The Standard View here are the worst views at the property. Like anything some are better than others. None are “incredible “.

Looks like I might get to stay at the Beach Club for the first time in June (although I'm really hoping for Yacht Club... loving the refurbished rooms). Are most of the standard views not great?

Well, yeah. I read that.

However, some standard rooms at other resorts can still have some pretty incredible views but the standard views I browsed through looked exceptionally crummy.

There are no incredible Standard View rooms at the YC/BC, unless you like rooftops or parking lots.
I too read the other thread. The Standard View here are the worst views at the property. Like anything some are better than others. None are “incredible “.

If have a view of something nice is important to you then don't book standard view. As Hopefully mentioned there is nothing nice about the standard views at either resort. You might get a glimpse of a pool or gardens if you look off to the side but your straight on view will be rooftops of parking lots.

Looks like I might get to stay at the Beach Club for the first time in June (although I'm really hoping for Yacht Club... loving the refurbished rooms). Are most of the standard views not great?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

Here is a thread that has a sample of views in the 3 categories from the Beach Club

Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes

Well, yeah. I read that.

I said in the other thread that one of our standard views at Beach Club had a great view of Spaceship Earth (and the parking lot) - but apparently that view is gone to due Beach Club Villas - this was back in May of 2000. Sorry!
We've have garden views since then, those are nice. :)

Hi, can you please add me to the BoG list for the following days:
Dec 15-15 YC (for Gallactic Nights!)
March 29-April 8 at BCV

Getting excited to see the YC refurbed rooms!

If have a view of something nice is important to you then don't book standard view. As Hopefully mentioned there is nothing nice about the standard views at either resort. You might get a glimpse of a pool or gardens if you look off to the side but your straight on view will be rooftops of parking lots.

And YC has that ever-popular dumpster view. I was cool with anything but the dumpster view.

I just got back from six days at CSR and booked a bounce back for BC next June 9-16. We had to book two rooms since we’re a party of six. Ouch! But looking forward to being back there after a few years!
We will be overlapping your trip. :) We booked two rooms at the BC with the bounce back for June 12th to 16th. Our grandsons are going to love Storm Along Bay. :)

Snagged a great points rental via David's this past week for a few days of our trip next month. We stayed at BC in a regular room (with a perfect view of the Boardwalk.) This time we'll be in a BCV studio. Is there anything in particular we should ask for for a nice view? We don't need it to be an amazing view. I just prefer not to look at parking lots, dumpsters, or pools. (I prefer rooms that face away from pools everywhere except Animal Kingdom.)

Snagged a great points rental via David's this past week for a few days of our trip next month. We stayed at BC in a regular room (with a perfect view of the Boardwalk.) This time we'll be in a BCV studio. Is there anything in particular we should ask for for a nice view? We don't need it to be an amazing view. I just prefer not to look at parking lots, dumpsters, or pools. (I prefer rooms that face away from pools everywhere except Animal Kingdom.)

It is good you asked so you can set your expectations appropriately.
There aren’t any special views at the BCV. The building was built in the former BC Cast parking lot. Most people think the pool view is good.
However if you request Woods View you will likely have a view over the trees of the high fireworks from Illuminations. It is very quiet.

Can you add me to the Be Our Guest list? We will be staying at BCV (our second time to stay there!) from 8/8/18 to 8/15/18.

I’ve never planned a trip early enough to take advantage of the 180 ADR window but when I checked flights, we got such a good deal I went ahead and booked!

Page 1106-1107

Beautiful! We will be at Beach Club Jan 3-9. I have my fingers crossed this is still up!

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for next month, so I will add you.

Sad to say but we had to change our resort :( Can you take us off the list for March? In laws can't afford it even with the sale price we got and so we switched resorts. Still going to disney so that's what matters!!!!!! Love this group and we are planning on staying in the future : )

Will do. Thanks for letting us know and have a fantastic trip!

::yes::

We returned Saturday night from a great Thanksgiving week stay at the BC. Our room was a standard with a view of a roof top which was expected and just fine. Our room was clean and in good shape although this is my second stay since the refurb and I still miss the old rooms:sad1:

CM were overall nice and helpful and the holiday decorations were beautiful. The lobby was crowded every day but I expected that. Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May was not very good and we will probably not eat dinner there again as this is our second time. BF is always great!

It was a bit chilly for me but the kids swam a few times and the weather was mild.

One small irritating thing was the coke freestyle machines. There are 2 and only 1 had ice all week long. This made the lines back up all the time at the one. Kinda annoying.

We did not have a reservation at Beaches ans Cream but I stopped by after swimming and asked about the wait. We were told we could be seated at the bar within 45 min. This was perfect bc we had time to get changed and come back down. This made the wait minimal and was a great way to eat there since I could not secure a reservation. Our best meal was Il Mulino and we will definitely return.

The week was very crowded but great. Happy to be back at the Beach Club!

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

:thumbsup2

Flew out from MCO on Thanksgiving evening & arrived back in the UK the following morning after 10 nights at the Yacht Club, so we are both suffering from a serious case of post Disney blues at the moment. :sad:

It had been three years since our last visit so a lot had changed at the resort, we had booked a lagoon view room & were on the 4th floor pretty much bang in line with the lighthouse so the view across to the BW was stunning, we finished every evening by sitting out on the balcony looking across at the lights & had breakfast looking out there every morning as well.

We loved the new rooms, a huge improvement over the old ones in our opinion, especially the new furniture & bathroom, the USB power sockets are also a great addition.
We are both neat freaks so the ability to store our suitcases under the beds was a huge bonus, mouse keeping kept our room in tip top condition, we did miss the towel sculptures though.
Our only complaint would be that with the exception of the framed picture on the wall there was nothing to identify it as a room in a Disney hotel, surely they could have kept or updated the Mickey lamps from the old rooms?

Almost every cast member that we encountered in the hotel was top notch & went above & beyond what we would expect.
The only exception being the cast member who checked us in & neglected to attach my credit card to our magic bands correctly (We found out in Epcot when we tried to buy something which resulted in a quick run back to the YC for yours truly to get it resolved).
She also asked me to confirm our address in Hammersmith, London, (We live in Ascot) it took me a few seconds to realise that she was looking at the Disney UK office address which I assume was on the booking, I gave up trying to explain to her what our actual address was in the end because she could not get her head around what I was trying to say to her.
I assume that we aren’t the first people to stay there from the UK who have booked through Disney UK so this should not have caused the confusion that it did.

We were on the dining package so made use of the coffee machines in the Market at Ale & Compass every morning, we also used the soft drink machines later in the day, snack credits were used to purchase pastries each morning as well.
We visited the Crews Cup lounge a few times & found the cast members to be as good as we remembered from our previous visit, dinner in the Yachtsman was also as memorable as our last meal in there.

The Christmas elves were gathering in the lobby along with a load of decorations when we returned from a late night at the Magic Kingdom one evening so when we came down in the morning, Christmas had arrived.
The decorations & tree looked fantastic without being over the top, the lobby looked stunning when you walked in through the front door.

The resort & in particular the lobby never felt busy or crowded unlike some of the other resorts we visited, there was a welcoming feeling of calm & tranquillity each & every time we walked in, how they manage it I don’t know, as for that “Yacht Club Smell”, I don’t know what it is but we both wished that we could purchase it & take it home to the UK with us.

I used the gym a few times & found it spotlessly clean with a great mix of machines & weights & plenty of clean towels.
We spent some time out by the pool & access was strictly controlled by cast members which was good to see.

We walked to Epcot & got the boat & walked to Hollywood Studios, the bus service to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs was okay if somewhat flaky at times with the board at the bus stop seemingly changing the time of the next bus to various locations randomly.
We lost count of the times it would suddenly change the time of the next bus to 5 or 10 minutes later when it was showing a minute till the next one, first world problems I know but they really need to sort that out.

I also felt sorry for people waiting at the BC as there were a few times when the bus from the YC was so crowded that only a few people were able to board when the bus stopped there.
Does the BC get their own busses at busy times?

We had hired a car so drove as & when we felt like it & used Uber a few times, we also used a Mini Van to get to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks on our last evening which was very cool & I highly recommend trying the service out if you get a chance.

Before we arrived we had decided to do a split stay between the YC & another deluxe resort on our next visit in 2019, so made a point of visiting the Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian & Wilderness Lodge to narrow down our choices.
The Poly & Contemporary were both zoo’s & very, very noisy at the times we visited them so we ruled them out, WL was lovely but not having the option to walk anywhere else was the deciding factor for it being dropped from our list.
The GF was stunning, we really love the resort but it just didn’t feel as nice as the YC, we will stay there one time but not on our next trip.

In summary, we have decided that the YC is our Orlando home away from home, we fell for the resort massively this time & can’t wait until our next trip over the pond in 2019.

We have some exciting travel plans for next year which unfortunately do not involve America or Orlando so we will have to wait until 2019 until we return.
In the meantime we will continue to follow along & contribute to this fantastic thread.

Thank you so much for your very detailed review.

Glad to hear that you will be sticking around here and that your next trip to Disney will be a return to this resort.

:cool2:

Please write to GS and let them know about the freestyle machines. We had the same issue and it made filling the Disney mugs a nuisance. Nothing like standing in a huge line where everyone not only needs ice for their cups but now are filling two and three different cups. We ended up hardly using our mugs and will probably not purchase them again. We were very disappointed.

UGH!

Lots of thumbs down on the freestyle machines. I'm not a soda drinker, so I didn't pay a lot of attention when these were installed. Were the machines included in addition to the soft drink dispensers or did they replace the ones that were there?

:drinking1

If I book a studio from DVC, will I be getting a renovated room in August? lol Any photos of it? Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

Others have answered your questions about the renovated room and balconies in the Beach Club Villa studios.

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Lots of thumbs down on the freestyle machines. I'm not a soda drinker, so I didn't pay a lot of attention when these were installed. Were the machines included in addition to the soft drink dispensers or did they replace the ones that were there?

The freestyle machines replaced the refillable mug stations

Page 1108-1110

We are at the Beach Club right now and the information about the Y&B Club on the resort TV channel said that the Crew's Cup Lounge didn't open until 4:30pm. It listed the Ale & compass Lounge as opening at 11am. We stopped in the Ale & Compass Lounge yesterday to take a few pictures. The lounge is beautiful and decorated with a deep blue paint, which makes it a little dark, but serene.

*SNIP*

We looked at the restaurant this morning but didn't take any pictures. We'll get there later. It is the same blue color as the lounge.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I'll link your post on Page 1.

I guess between the Ale & Compass restaurant, the Ale & Compass lounge and The Market at Ale & Compass, you shouldn't specify "See you at Ale & Compass" as a meeting spot.

::yes::

We ate at Crew's Cup early this November and Truffle Fries weren't on the menu...server said since Captain's closed so no more truffle fries...it was our favorite! :sad1:

Long time no see. Thanks for posting!

:wave:

Have you guys seen Josh's review of a YC refurbished room? The pics look great!

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-refurbished-room-at-disneys-yacht-club-resort/

Thanks for sharing this review. I have added it to the Yacht Club post on Page 1 since it is such a comprehensive review.

:thumbsup2

Had dinner at the Ale & Compass tonight. Big hit. I was the short ribs which just fell away with a fork, my wife had the four cheese ravioli on top of butternut squash and my daughter had the tryout. All dishes were a hit. We started with the Parker House rolls. Loved the decor of both the restaurant and the lounge.

Thank you for posting! We appreciate the first-hand review!

I just got back from six days at CSR and booked a bounce back for BC next June 9-16. We had to book two rooms since we’re a party of six. Ouch! But looking forward to being back there after a few years!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hi, can you please add me to the BoG list for the following days:
Dec 15-15 YC (for Gallactic Nights!)
March 29-April 8 at BCV

Getting excited to see the YC refurbed rooms!

Will do!

What are your December dates?

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list.

Since I am not all that familiar with the villas, I'll leave others to provide their advice.

:cool2:

Can you add me to the Be Our Guest list? We will be staying at BCV (our second time to stay there!) from 8/8/18 to 8/15/18.

I’ve never planned a trip early enough to take advantage of the 180 ADR window but when I checked flights, we got such a good deal I went ahead and booked!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Happy to add you to the list.

Planning is one of my favorite parts of a Disney vacation, so I'm glad to hear you will have the opportunity to reserve your dining plans when the booking window opens!

:cheer2:

The freestyle machines replaced the refillable mug stations

Thanks!

That hadn't occurred to me. I had incorrectly assumed that the freestyle machines were an addition to the existing dispensers.

My drinks of choice are coffee, iced tea and water, so this doesn't really impact me, but I can definitely understand everyone's frustration at the long lines and inconvenience.

They still have the traditional soft drink dispensers at Hurricane Hanna's right? Or no?

:confused3

Thanks!

That hadn't occurred to me. I had incorrectly assumed that the freestyle machines were an addition to the existing dispensers.

My drinks of choice are coffee, iced tea and water, so this doesn't really impact me, but I can definitely understand everyone's frustration at the long lines and inconvenience.

They still have the traditional soft drink dispensers at Hurricane Hanna's right? Or no?

:confused3
They still have the traditional drink dispensers at Hurricane Hanna’s. The broken ice dispenser in the freestyle machine in the BC Marketplace had been fixed by Monday. We liked having a wide range of flavors to choose from but the line could get long while people made their choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter