Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's going to be close but I think yes. We were there last year for marathon weekend and it came down Thursday night/Friday morning. We're back again next year for marathon weekend so we'll find out together!
Also... how were the buses for the races? We usually stay at the Poly, but we want a change this year! THANKS AGAIN!!

Also... how were the buses for the races? We usually stay at the Poly, but we want a change this year! THANKS AGAIN!!
They were good "this" year. I said "last" year in my original response. It seems like last year. I've only seen one bad race weekend for the buses in my 13 years of running. Best advice is to get there earlier than later.

They were good "this" year. I said "last" year in my original response. It seems like last year. I've only seen one bad race weekend for the buses in my 13 years of running. Best advice is to get there earlier than later.

Thanks so much! So sorry for redundancy! I did not see your original response! I should have read through!

This is our 8th year running, and not staying at poly... so early it is!

fall-back-jpg.281593
For those flying Southwest to/from MCO on Sunday, Nov 5, they have posted this message for check-ins:
Daylight saving ends November 5th
If you are traveling on Sunday, November 5, you must wait until 23 hours prior to your flights scheduled departure to check in and receive your boarding pass. See you onboard soon!

Question for those who have rented SeaRaycers/boats from the Marina at YC. Where can you go with the boats? Are you restricted to just the small circle lake in the middle there or can you run it to World Showcase or over by the Swan/Dolphin lakes?

Any help would be great as I'm thinking of doing this with my wife one morning!
I know others answered your question but I wanted to add that we used our AAA discount when renting them. I think they said there were a few other discounts available, but I don't remember what they were. Always ready to save a few bucks!

~Cari~ pluto:

Page 1070-1071

I hope that the new dog policy is not going to happen at every resort. I have severe allergies to dogs (hair and dander) and cannot be in the same room with them for even 5 minutes. Dog hair causes me to have an asthma attack almost immediately and their dander causes hives. It doesn't matter how much they clean the rooms, there will still be some residual hair or dander left behind. I'm glad this policy has not been introduced at the BC. We will be staying there in May.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Yes, same here. I had already made my choices when I did online check-in, but I go back every now and then to make sure the choices are showing up. They are gone and I cannot make any selections. The Disney website still does not work correctly for me, either. You are not alone.

Is your upcoming trip at the Yacht or Beach Club, or another resort?

:cool2:

It looks like the new Ale & Compass is scheduled to open Nov 26th, two days before we check in. I can't wait to see what the new restaurant looks like. :)

From the Dis News:
The Ale & Compass located at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will open as the newest dining location at Walt Disney World starting November 26, 2017. If you are planning on visiting the new location soon after it opens, you can start planning what you’d like for your meal now, as Disney has just released what is on the menu! The wide assortment of items includes entrée options like Hearth Oven Pie with White Clams or Chorizo, an Open-faced Skirt Steak Sandwich, and a Grilled Plant-based “Bacon Cheeseburger.” The full menu and pricing is available HERE.

The New England styled table-service restaurant will serve up breakfast, lunch, and dinner in its gastropub atmosphere. The theming of this location, formerly Captain’s Grille, has been changed to feel like a comfortable and quaint lighthouse.

Image Credit: Disney Parks Blog

Thanks for the info. Are you planning on dining there in a few weeks?

I would love a picture of the restaurant sign, and the inside as well if you have the opportunity.

:thanks:

Does the Yacht Club have bathtubs? On some of the videos I have seen it looks like a shower is the only option.
Thanks for your replies.

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the Yacht Club?

As others have indicated, some rooms have shower only and some have both a shower and tub. I don't think it is a hard and fast rule, but I believe most of the king bed rooms have just the shower and most of the ones with 2 Queens and a daybed have the combo. The 2 Queen rooms are a mixed bag.

:goodvibes

I'm hoping we get the walk in shower - feels more modern and it just looks nice. So it seems that it's a mix - I thought all rooms had the new style shower.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

When is your trip to the Yacht Club?

Last edited:
I know there have been many posts about online check in not working. Here's another: I made my room request with TP and my TA, but when I did online check in I put our arrival time as 8am. Is there anything I can do about it to try and get a room early? I know there aren't guarantees.

I'm wondering if they even have record of my requests through MDE.

Page 1072

Hmm... Not good. I thought dogs would not be allowed on the boardwalk or the walkways around the lake, only on the YC grounds.

We will also be there next week. I will not go out of my way looking for infractions or challenging anyone. I will however, be at the front desk and emailing the execs again with my thoughts. Not looking forward to being there with any animals.

:welcome: to the thread!

I hope you are having/had a great trip. What was your experience with canine encounters?

and so it begins....

::yes::

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know we have decided to switch hotels for our November trip! I’m sad YC decided to start accepting dogs, I was really looking forward to staying there. However, when we go back in July, we were thinking of adding on a couple days at Beach Club! So hopefully, I’ll be back to chat again! Thank you all for your help! I hope you all have wonderful trips!!

Wishing you a great trip. Hope to see you again if you add on a stay at the BC for the summer.

Yeah just like everything else Disney they have the rule but rarely do CM challenge anyone, just ignore. Keep the paying visitors happy. Just like the smoking and only challenge if some one brings it up. Gonna be a big mess and I am at BVW in a week. Not happy at all.

Do you think it might be decent place? We are doing our adr’s very late....

Ale & Compass

When is your trip? Will there be time for you to read reviews before you go? Disney makes it pretty easy to make and then to cancel reservations, so you could always book one and decide later.

:thumbsup2

Dee, you can add us to the list ..............
Yacht Club - Garden/Woods view - 1/24 - 1/28 , 2018 . ( Was wondering why the discounted rate of 35% off was too good to be true , now I know - woof/woof ! pluto: . Hoping to make the best of it !) (this is our split stay with Copper Creek)

Dee, you may take us OFF the "list" .
We have decided to cancel our YC stay for Jan. and switch to POR . We remembered how much we love (and miss) the Mods during our recent stay at POFQ . Switched up our YC reservation for a stay at POR .

Page 1073

Hey everyone! Heading for our first trip to Beachclub! Oct 29 is coming fast! My question is what time is Stormalong Bay open TIL, I know it changes but wondering if anyone has been recently! Only could afford one night but we are gonna make the best of it before moving to ASMu

Sorry I missed posting your greeting before your trip. I hope you had a great time

Hey everyone! Excited to join this thread. We will be going to Yacht club in mid-July 2018 (dates yet to be confirmed) as my husband's company is hosting a work conference there! We have participated in other conferences at Grand Floridian and Coronodo, so we're excited to see what the Yacht club has to offer.

Following along to see what kinds of things the Yacht club has to offer! Anyone been for a conference before?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hi there. Last week I moved from YC to BC because the CM told me that there was no restricted area of dog rooms. They could be Garden, Woods, Pool or Water views, so basically scattered around the resort. I also asked specifically about the 1st floor rumor, and the CM said no they could be on any floor.

I did not like this uncertainty, so I moved to BC where I was assured they would not be on the grounds. Someone else reported them at the Boardwalk, and I was assured that wouldn't happen, so who really knows.

I'll put you on the list for BC.

Well I am officially booked - April 14 - 20 YC CL!! You can change my "pending a bounceback" now Dee! Found a room with a discount I could live with. The last night wasn't available unless we change rooms. So I am still debating my options for that.

I did debate changing resorts because of the dog issue. But we love YC so much, I decided we'd stick with it & see what happens. I'd really hate to not stay there & then find out it is a nonissue anyway. And I guess it is always better to form my own opinions. We don't have allergies to deal with, so that makes it easier I think.

But after booking this trip, I'm beginning to think it will be Disney's greedy overpricing that will force us to vacation elsewhere, not dogs! ;)

Got it!

:woohoo:

Dee, you may take us OFF the "list" .
We have decided to cancel our YC stay for Jan. and switch to POR . We remembered how much we love (and miss) the Mods during our recent stay at POFQ . Switched up our YC reservation for a stay at POR .

I'll do that. I am working on catching up and haven't updated the BOG list in a few days. I'll probably do an update this evening when I am home after family errands

:)

Page 1072

:welcome: to the thread!

I hope you are having/had a great trip. What was your experience with canine encounters?

Wishing you a great trip. Hope to see you again if you add on a stay at the BC for the summer.

Ale & Compass

When is your trip? Will there be time for you to read reviews before you go? Disney makes it pretty easy to make and then to cancel reservations, so you could always book one and decide later.

:thumbsup2

Thanks so much! We are definitely going to try to add it on when our 7th month comes up!!!! I’ll keep you guys posted!

View attachment 281503 View attachment 281504 View attachment 281505 A few more pictures of the view from 2091 at Yacht Club. As I mentioned, the wedding gazebo is in front of our balcony sightly offset to the left. The view to the right say (at two o'clock) is the bridge to Boardwalk and further to the right is a view of the Boardwalk. Our room does not have a tub and we haven't had any problems with noise (though we did request a box fan). Still haven't seen any dogs in the resorts (though saw someone's pet dogs at Epcot yesterday in a stroller -- thought that wasn't allowed?).

Replying to my own post, here's a view from our balcony of the half-marathon runners this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 57
FYI, was told by a Yacht Club CM this morning that decorations are going up Nov. 16 at Yacht Club.

And a warning - ate lunch yesterday around 12:15 at Crew's Cup and there was only 1 bartender responsible for the bar and all 7 tables. The place was full by 12:30, with 7 people at the bar and every table occupied. Took us 1.5 hours to finish a lunch of burgers and sandwiches and we cancelled our last drink order after waiting 15 minutes for it to arrive. The bartender told us that they'd informed management that 1 person wasn't enough on Saturdays but they hadn't made any changes. When we complained to the front desk we were told they were trying "new staffing arrangements" and would take our concerns into account.

I'll do that. I am working on catching up and haven't updated the BOG list in a few days. I'll probably do an update this evening when I am home after family errands

:)
You can add us January 27-29 YC. :dogdance: The Disney Visa code was so good I just had to add a couple days to our trip. :D

FYI, was told by a Yacht Club CM this morning that decorations are going up Nov. 16 at Yacht Club.

And a warning - ate lunch yesterday around 12:15 at Crew's Cup and there was only 1 bartender responsible for the bar and all 7 tables. The place was full by 12:30, with 7 people at the bar and every table occupied. Took us 1.5 hours to finish a lunch of burgers and sandwiches and we cancelled our last drink order after waiting 15 minutes for it to arrive. The bartender told us that they'd informed management that 1 person wasn't enough on Saturdays but they hadn't made any changes. When we complained to the front desk we were told they were trying "new staffing arrangements" and would take our concerns into account.
That is just so wrong. Hope they get a lot of complants. I feel bad for the bartender trying to do everything alone. Sounds like they are getting complaints. I got a survey after our YC trip last month and they asked a lot of questions about the restaurants and check in. We were only there two nights so the only place we ate there was Yachtsmans for lunch. No problems there and they had plenty of help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter