Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there any place at the YC or BC for the kids to trade pins? Or on the Boardwalk, maybe?

If there is a greeter at the resort, they have pins. I asked at the YC Marketplace (before the renovation) and they had a large book to look through. I am not much of a pin trader, so likely others can give you better info.

:thumbsup2

Is there any place at the YC or BC for the kids to trade pins? Or on the Boardwalk, maybe?

I think every gift shop has a pin board (or sometimes pin hat). If you are in a gift shop, ask a cast member if they have one. They seem to keep these hidden behind the counter. If you see a pin you want on the board, you take it off and replace it with one of your own pins. I'm pretty sure there is a pin board in the Yacht Club gift shop (whatever it is called now), the Beach Club Marketplace, and the gift shop on the BoardWalk.

Thanks everyone for your responses about the pins! It sounds like there will be plenty of opportunities for pin trading in the area.

At one point when I checked YEARS AGO the SPA staff manning the counter did not even want fitness center users in the bathrooms/locker room area. When I asked what happens if someone using the gym needed to use the bathroom I was told that they would have to exit the gym area and use the bathrooms closer to the pool.

I never could understand this turf war that the outside vendor running the spa had to wage with the guests of the resort. The fact that management was complicit with this decision really smoked my pork chops. Thankfully everything is fixed with the construction of the new shower facilities but it took years of guests being inconvenienced before the separate locker room was finally put in.

Sigh......

~NM
Thanks for this! I asked to change my wet shirt at Senses and was looked at like I had 2 heads! Very distressing since the GF is not an inexpensive hotel!

This was exactly what my husband found out when he went to work out at the fitness center a year or so ago. In fact, the doors to the restrooms were locked. After his experience, he has decided he will not use the fitness center at YC/BC any longer. He much prefers the fitness centers at Dolphin and BWI.

Ugh! I hope they changed this! AKL has the best workout facilities!

Check out this website! I, too, am obsessed with the Beach/Yacht Club scent! This company has a similar scent in a candle and wax tart form. We LOVE it!

https://spireside.com/collections/candles/products/clover-fields-candle

Thanks! I definitely need to buy some of these.

:welcome: to posting on the thread. In addition to the helpful info about the spireside candles, we have a section on Page 1, Post 14 about some of the things that mimic the scent of the Yacht & Beach club.

:magnify:

Thanks for the welcome and info! This is an awesome thread!

The CM who checked us in this weekend said it was lavender and vanilla when I commented on how nice it was. My husband can't smell it at all but has no trouble smelling the Polynesian one which I thought was a lot lighter than the BC fragrance. Wonder if there's some kind of smell version of color blindness.

eta: Just realized you were talking about the YC, this was the BC. Pouring more coffee in my face now. :D

I was the complete opposite of your husband and more like you. I couldn't smell anything at the Poly! But the YC scent was super strong for me.

Were you able to get any FastPasses for Flight of Passage, wdwnut61 :confused3
Just to give you feedback on FOP FP, my friend couldn't get them at 60 days out (wanted specifically for day 2 of trip), but kept looking everyday and got them at 50 days out one morning. I have read of other posters missing them at 60 days, but finding them while looking early in the morning (5-7am).

Hello Beach/Yacht Club lovers! I am currently booked at both YC and Coronado for my solo trip, because I can't decide between them. :sad2:
Please help me decide! Or rather, please help me justify staying alone at the Yacht Club in October. ;P :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter