Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all - I'm hoping to do my Garden Grocer order later.... just wanted to check on fridge size. Will I be able to fit a gallon of water and a half gallon of milk in at the same time?

This is from Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Information:

I love, love, love the photo by @Beer Me. It looks like the door shelf would fit a half-gallon container (where what looks like a container of creamer is).

Will a gallon of milk fit in the room fridge?

Please note that the refrigerators in the Yacht Club post-renovation are different than the ones in the Beach Club rooms- see below for descriptions and pictures of the mini-fridges in both resorts:

At least one half-gallon will fit in the door and possibly more in the main compartment. AT THE BEACH CLUB

November 2016

Impressive packing job by Beer Me

Photos by natebenma and cmcadoo66.

One guest wrote:

We had to take a shelf out, but we fit two gallons of milk, 4 packages of lunch meat, two packs of sliced cheese, a thing of butter, 12 cans of beer, and a 10" cake.

This is from Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Information:

I love, love, love the photo by @Beer Me. It looks like the door shelf would fit a half-gallon container (where what looks like a container of creamer is).

Will a gallon of milk fit in the room fridge?

Please note that the refrigerators in the Yacht Club post-renovation are different than the ones in the Beach Club rooms- see below for descriptions and pictures of the mini-fridges in both resorts:

At least one half-gallon will fit in the door and possibly more in the main compartment. AT THE BEACH CLUB

November 2016

One guest wrote:
Brill thank you!

Hi,

We have a YC stay in 30 days :banana: , staying 12 nights. We usually stay BC but mixing it up this time!!

Then we are booked into the BC club level for 3 nights. Never stayed club before.

However, I'm now looking at other hotels as i feel we should try somewhere different. :confused3

Our other choice is WL courtyard bunk bed (2 ad 2 ch who will not share!). Not club level but $360 less.

I've always wanted to try WL but always settle for what we know! We have been to WCC a few times and visited the resort.

My dilemma is:

BC cl gives us some food but is it worth $360, also not guaranteed the extra bed in BC.
WL is somewhere new, bunks for the kids but rooms look smaller and dated, are mosquitoes an issue?

Our schedule is, MK mnsshp on the day we would move so its closer getting home, DHS the following night and AK the final night. Days would be pool/shopping eating out. Nights are taken up at the parks, we may make it back for late snacks if club level.

Departure day will be pool based, does WL have showers?

I've also heard you can sometimes upgrade at check in for club at WL, not that i think its worth it looking at how much time we would be in the lounge, just breakfast.

Thank you for any input.:wave:

X

Hi,

We have a YC stay in 30 days :banana: , staying 12 nights. We usually stay BC but mixing it up this time!!

Then we are booked into the BC club level for 3 nights. Never stayed club before.

However, I'm now looking at other hotels as i feel we should try somewhere different. :confused3

Our other choice is WL courtyard bunk bed (2 ad 2 ch who will not share!). Not club level but $360 less.

I've always wanted to try WL but always settle for what we know! We have been to WCC a few times and visited the resort.

My dilemma is:

BC cl gives us some food but is it worth $360, also not guaranteed the extra bed in BC.
WL is somewhere new, bunks for the kids but rooms look smaller and dated, are mosquitoes an issue?

Our schedule is, MK mnsshp on the day we would move so its closer getting home, DHS the following night and AK the final night. Days would be pool/shopping eating out. Nights are taken up at the parks, we may make it back for late snacks if club level.

I've also heard you can sometimes upgrade at check in for club at WL, not that i think its worth it looking at how much time we would be in the lounge, just breakfast.

X
WL is a really nice resort and trying it out for 3 days sounds like a good way to explore a new place. The boat to MK is very nice and a great way to travel.

There are really nice shower rooms at the new villa pool.

Hi,

My dilemma is:

X
If it were me, I would keep BC CL. CL would still be a new experience for you. I just recently did BC CL and had a great time! The breakfast, drink, and snack options were nice and the staff was amazing! So friendly and better than my GF CL experience.

I am personally not a camper or a "glamper," but have stayed at WL during construction times because the rates were too good to pass up. It is a very lovely resort, but the rooms are definitely dated and going from YC which is one of the freshest deluxe resorts to WL would be a big difference to me. WL rooms will also be smaller than BC.

As for travel, MNSSHP will be closer, but you will need to rely on a boat or a bus. Its not like WL is a monorail resort or in walking distance like CR. For HS and AK, BC wins to me. HS is easy to walk to or boat to and AK is closer to BC than MK resorts. As for the pool, I would also prefer stormalong bay. Shopping could be a tossup because you could easily boat to the CR and then hop on the monorail and go through all of those stores, but the YC/BC/BW area always has something going on.

Trying a new resort can be exciting, but BC CL was great :thumbsup2 You can also use the CL lounge first thing check-in day and until the end of the night when you check-out.

Not sure if I should post my question here or on club level board, but we just stayed BC CL and we had a room that was at the other end of the resort from the club. Not a problem except it appears the only way to get to the pool was to walk back to the elevators next to the club room, take them down to the first floor and then walk back to right below my room because we were over the pool. Did I miss a stair? They all said emergency exit only. Would I have this problem if I stayed below club level?

Hi,

My dilemma is:

X
I think you should try out Wilderness Lodge. It’s a really beautiful hotel and totally different from yacht and beach club. Going from yacht club to beach club isn’t much of a difference. I found the boat really convenient, especially at the end of the night after a long day it was a peaceful way back to our room. The rooms are smaller, but I didn’t notice any serious wear and tear on my room a few months ago.

We have a YC stay in 30 days... Our other choice is WL courtyard bunk bed (2 ad 2 ch who will not share!). Not club level but $360 less....

Will you have a car?

I recently stayed at Wilderness Lodge. I do not have a car at Disney World.

Every single day, I wished I had booked Beach Club or Boardwalk. (I'm DVC, so no Yacht Club.) I didn't realize how important it was to me to be able to walk to other hotels and theme parks.

One evening I was in for the night at Wilderness Lodge. I wanted a cupcake. There was only one type left in the hotel quick serve restaurant and I didn't want it. If I had been at Yacht Club or Beach Club or Boardwalk, I could have walked to the other hotels to check out the selection in their quick service restaurants/gift shops. I could have walked to the BoardWalk Bakery.

At Wilderness Lodge, I felt stuck. You can't walk anywhere. There is a boat to the Contemporary, but you don't want to do that in the rain. My only options were to pay for an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to get to a hotel, or get on a bus to a theme park.

The bus from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom arrives quickly, and it's a short ride, but not something you want to do when you're relaxing at the hotel and hungry.

For me, Wilderness Lodge was one and done. Never again.

You said your days will be pool, shopping and eating out. You might enjoy the pool, but shopping and eating outside the hotel will be a pain in the neck if you don't have a car.

Not sure if I should post my question here or on club level board, but we just stayed BC CL and we had a room that was at the other end of the resort from the club. Not a problem except it appears the only way to get to the pool was to walk back to the elevators next to the club room, take them down to the first floor and then walk back to right below my room because we were over the pool. Did I miss a stair? They all said emergency exit only. Would I have this problem if I stayed below club level?

We had a room in that same spot in February. We investigated the stairways, and because of B&C and such being right under there, none of them seemed to lead down to SAB. We also looked for stairs in that area when we were on ground level and couldn’t find any. So that end, you are seemingly stuck with the long walk no matter which floor you’re on.

DH and I joked a lot about that grouping of sofas at the halfway point in the hallway, saying that it was the official “rest stop” for the journey and that they should have a snack table there.

Will you have a car?

I recently stayed at Wilderness Lodge. I do not have a car at Disney World.

Every single day, I wished I had booked Beach Club or Boardwalk. (I'm DVC, so no Yacht Club.) I didn't realize how important it was to me to be able to walk to other hotels and theme parks.

One evening I was in for the night at Wilderness Lodge. I wanted a cupcake. There was only one type left in the hotel quick serve restaurant and I didn't want it. If I had been at Yacht Club or Beach Club or Boardwalk, I could have walked to the other hotels to check out the selection in their quick service restaurants/gift shops. I could have walked to the BoardWalk Bakery.

At Wilderness Lodge, I felt stuck. You can't walk anywhere. There is a boat to the Contemporary, but you don't want to do that in the rain. My only options were to pay for an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to get to a hotel, or get on a bus to a theme park.

The bus from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom arrives quickly, and it's a short ride, but not something you want to do when you're relaxing at the hotel and hungry.

For me, Wilderness Lodge was one and done. Never again.

You said your days will be pool, shopping and eating out. You might enjoy the pool, but shopping and eating outside the hotel will be a pain in the neck if you don't have a car.

Thank you for your reply, yes we will have a car and spend days either pool or shopping and nights in the parks.
X

Hi,

My dilemma is:

X
If you wanted you could ask for CL access for $99/night at WL. I don’t know if the goal was to save money or try something new, but this might be an option.

Thank you for all the input on BC v WL.

I have had another look and can get a executive tower suite club level at the Grand Destino tower for slightly less than the BC cl.

hmmmmm......

Thank you for all the input on BC v WL.

I have had another look and can get a executive tower suite club level at the Grand Destino tower for slightly less than the BC cl.

hmmmmm......

As long as you can live without a balcony, I would say you should go with Grand Destino! From everything I’ve seen the past week (CM previews and now non-CM guests), it’s amazing! DH & I will be there in 3-1/2 weeks! :love:

Hi--just booked a 2-bedroom for next June at Beach Club Villas. Woohoo! Does anyone know how far in advance you can book the poolside cabanas? Thanks.

As long as you can live without a balcony, I would say you should go with Grand Destino! From everything I’ve seen the past week (CM previews and now non-CM guests), it’s amazing! DH & I will be there in 3-1/2 weeks! :love:

We would probably use the club lounge so a balcony is not that important. Hope you have a fab time and do a review of your stay. x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter