Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1070-1071

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

When is your trip to the Yacht Club?

:goodvibes

February 7th!

Can't wait. Love the look of the new rooms. Am I understanding correctly, some bathrooms have showers only and the others have both tub and shower? I can't imagine how they'd fit both in one of those bathrooms because the bathrooms at the Epcot Deluxe Resorts are not that big to begin with? I'd love to see more pictures of the remodeled rooms to get an idea. Not that it's a bid deal, lol - just curious.

February 7th!

Can't wait. Love the look of the new rooms. Am I understanding correctly, some bathrooms have showers only and the others have both tub and shower? I can't imagine how they'd fit both in one of those bathrooms because the bathrooms at the Epcot Deluxe Resorts are not that big to begin with? I'd love to see more pictures of the remodeled rooms to get an idea. Not that it's a bid deal, lol - just curious.

I thought some rooms have a shower, and other rooms have a shower IN the tub, not a shower AND a tub. But I haven't stayed there since the remodeling.

February 7th!

That's probably what it is - I think I misread a previous post.

Yes, that is it. Some rooms have shower only and some rooms have a tub and shower combo.

Could someone post a picture of the tub/shower combo in some of the refurbished YC rooms? Many thanks!

I was going to direct you to Page 1, Post 9 where pictures of the renovated Yacht Club room should be...

But, CRAP!

I haven't added any there yet.

Here are a couple of links to photos of renovated rooms- both of these show the shower only configuration

Here are some links to pictures of renovated YC rooms (club level)

March 2017, Ewoks, King bed with side chair

Room 5174, pas130, King bed with couch (pullout?)

Last edited:

Ok Dee,
We've finally picked Honeymoon dates and places! I still hate the dog policy, but have received enough reassurance about it that we're comfortable booking part of hour Honeymoon at YC! We're staying there currently from 8/23-8/27 after 8/16-23 at the GF. We'll keep an eye on how the dog situation is going and potentially adjust accordingly, but it's nice to check something else off the wedding "to do" list!

Page 1074-1075

Contacted Guest Services and was able to get our Marathon Weekend reservation at YC switched to BC.
If anyone has a reservation and really doesn't want to be around the dogs I strongly encourage you to call Guest Services. Even though BC shows no availability in my category online he was able to switch it while maintaining both our view and price. He said they're receiving a lot of negative feedback about the dogs and they're trying to accommodate people who are asking to be switched.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Thanks for sharing your experience in changing resorts due to the new dog policy.

:cool1:

Inside look at improvements to YC Convention Center:

Thanks for posting this. I'll add the info, along with my pictures of the construction from last week, to the Page 1 post.

:thumbsup2

Wondering if anyone can update about what the alcoholic beverages are currently at the YC? Looking through the posts it shows info from 2013 and while I can imagine they may have not changed I assume they might have :).
Thanks!

When is your trip?

Are you looking for the adult beverages available in the YC Club Lounge, at the pool bar or elsewhere?

I think I have updated pictures of the beer, wine and cordial selections from October 2016 in my club review post which can be found on Page 1, Post 12. I'll look in my pictures from that trip for pictures of the pool bar menu.

:drinking1

Click on these links for pictures:

Yacht Club Regatta Lounge, October 2016

Breakfast 7 am to 10:30, YC Regatta, Oct 2016

Light Snacks 11:30 am to 4 pm, YC Regatta

Hors d'oeuvres and Select Drinks 5 pm to 7 pm, YC Regatta

Desserts and Cordials

I called reservations about my allergies to pet dander. I have standard rooms booked at the Yacht Club. The castmember told me dogs are only allowed in garden view and waterview rooms, not standard view. I havn't heard that on these boards so I'm alittle skeptical. In any case they sid they notated on my reservations to haave me in a room away from rooms with pets. We shall see what happens.

When is your trip?

If the guests with dogs are mainly placed in the wing on the first floor near the YC quiet pool, then yes, all of those rooms are in the garden or water view category. No standard view rooms (parking lot or rooftop view) on the first floor.

::yes::

Last edited:
Hello - Just popping in to see if the Y&BC Activities schedule for November 2017 is available? I checked Page 1 but didn't see it.

Thanks!

Hello - Just popping in to see if the Y&BC Activities schedule for November 2017 is available? I checked Page 1 but didn't see it.

Thanks!

OOPS!!! Yes, a link was posted shortly before I left for my trip, but I never added it to Page 1. I'll post it here and there now. Thanks for the reminder!

Nov 2017 - Copy.jpg

Edit to Add: Looks like the campfire is scheduled for every night of the week except for Wednesday and the movie is back on the beach most nights (In solarium on Sundays and Wednesdays)

Last edited:
Page 1076-1077

Just booked our first stay for August 2018!! (First stay since childhood after many at AKL, Polynesian, and others)

Anything radically new I should be aware of? I skimmed this board and seems there are the usual changes (redone rooms, restaurants, ect.). I've been there quite a few times since as Cape May Cafe is a favorite.

We love AKL, but it took some convincing to try something new. This is primarily due to proximity and easy access to parks!

Lets hope we love it, otherwise I'll have two angry women on my hands!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Which resort- Beach Club or Yacht Club?

Looks like you have found the first post with the info about the current goings on at the resort. May I also suggest you check out Post 13- FAQ and Post 14- Other Useful Information.

There is an assortment of information, tricks and suggestions there you may find helpful.

Just back from 3 great days this past weekend at the YC.

With regards to DOGS, we stayed in room 3087 (which had an AWESOME Lagoon/Fireworks view) and did not see, smell or hear one dog on the entire property for our entire stay! Saw a few therapy dogs at EPCOT but not one at the YC. So, at least for now, those worried about dogs can rest easy.

F&W was fabulous as usual, Sunday and Monday were great days, almost no wait for anything the entire day both days.

Thank you so much for the review and particularly the report on your experience regarding the lack of encounter with dogs.

Any chance you have a picture of your room view?

we have not received any emails sadly but have made multiple calls. We have upcoming stay the week after Thanksgiving and have also been told, depending on who we spoke with, that both yes and no dogs are and aren't allowed on the club level floor !! How frustrating! So I'm assuming they will be allowed. We also have spent over an hour on the phone with guest services trying to relocate with no success. Hoping for the best but will call again at 30 days out and 5 maybe. Will a switch make me lose my fastpasses?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for November.

YC CL?

Keep calling to express your displeasure and see if there is availability for you to switch to another resort you find acceptable. Others have had mixed success in switching as a result of their concern with the dog policy.

::yes::

page 1078-1080

I was originally having a parcel delivered to the Hard Rock, but based on the FedEx delivery estimate it won't arrive on time, so it's being redirected to our next hotel on the itinerary - the Beach Club Villas.
Will the Beach Club charge me a fee to accept the parcel?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Hope you were able to retrieve your package. Was it delivered to the Convention Center or were you able to get it at the front desk? Cost?

Just curious about the recent dog policy, did Disney give Yacht Club resort guests with booked reservations an alternative?

:welcome: to the thread.

No- as others have posted, some guests have been able to switch their reservations to the Beach Club or other resorts. Others have not had success when they requested a change.

:sad2:

I received one on my last visit. If you are not in they leave you a voice mail saying you have a package. Once you call and let them know you are in they will deliver or you can go pick it up. They will tell you the specifics.

:welcome: and thanks for sharing this info.

I am finally getting to take my 5 year old niece and extended family with me! My heart was set on Bay Lake because of the ease of walking to the MK. However, the two bedroom standard view that I have enough points for is already booked. Now I'm looking into the Beach Club. I've dined at the Yacht Club, and I'm not really certain where that ends and where the Beach Club begins. The pool that is outside of Beaches & Cream is available to those staying at the BC, right?
When I check online, it's showing the Beach Club Marketplace as being a snack credit, but it has meal items. Can we use quick service credits there?
Tell me all of your best hints/tips to make the BC a magical stay for
- a 5 year old who will need either naps or someone taking her to the resort early for bedtime
- a grandpa who has been to WDW and doesn't love it (he's a thrill seeker and Disney rides are too tame)
- a BiL who has never really done family vacations, but he's coming along because he wants to experience his daughter's first trip

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I have re-posted the reply from Tess, because it is perfect and helpful!

I will take a crack at some of your questions:

The two resorts are connected on the exterior by a walkway and you are free to use the amenities at either. Stormalong Bay is the large pool that connects both resorts and yes, it is available to both. Both resorts also have "quiet" or "leisure" pools. BC has a separate DVC portion (since you indicated you wanted Bay Lake) which are bookable through Disney or renting points from an owner. This resort offers studios, one bedroom and the ability to create two bedroom villas.

Marketplace is the quick service location and yes, it accepts quick service and snack credits. There is also a quick service location (Ale & Compass Market) at the YC. Cape May (buffet) is a full service restaurant in BC. Yachtsman Steakhouse is a full service restaurant at the YC. Captain's Grille is also going to be located within YC once completed (currently under renovation) and is also a full service. Crew's Cup (Yacht Club side) is a lounge which offers snacks, drinks and limited meals. Beaches & Cream (Beach Club location) is an old fashioned ice cream parlor offering sandwiches and ice cream--also full service. Finally, Hurricane Hanna's is a quick service location along with poolside bar.

In addition to all of the dining options at BC/YC, you have the entire Boardwalk which offers dining options as well as being at the back gate (International Gateway) to EPCOT.

BC/YC and the Boardwalk area has something for everyone and I'm sure the 5 y/o will enjoy the sandy area of Stormalong Bay and meeting the many characters within each park or some of the dining locations.

While Disney isn't the thrill ride capital, it does offer a good many rides that are fun for those who enjoy thrils, i.e., Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (DHS), Test Track (EPCOT), Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mt., Splash Mt (MK), Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest (AK) so Grandpa could hang out for those in each park and then move on to the resort if he is not into the beauty that is Disney.

BIL will enjoy watching the joy on his daughter's face and may find he would like to be the one taking her back for downtime at the resort.

Hope that helps. Start on page one of this thread and do your research--there is loads of information contained here.

:thanks:

page 1078-1080

No- as others have posted, some guests have been able to switch their reservations to the Beach Club or other resorts. Others have not had success when they requested a change.

:sad2:

We saw only 2 or 3 dogs, all of whom were service dogs, in our entire stay last week, and that included parks and resorts.

On a side note, (if you are sensitive to "yuk" stop reading now), because of the bed bug report at BC before our trip, I brought down an ultraviolet flashlight to look for them (found none), and while we had it out, we looked at the carpeting.... UGH!!! I'm really sorry we did, because there were several LARGE "splashes" around the bed, and through out the room, which were not visible in normal lighting. Now obviously, they were not necessarily "biological" stains, but I'm guessing that some were...... Needless to say, we wore socks anytime we were in the room. Probably not any worse than going barefoot outside, but somehow it feels it is.

Up until now, I haven't been a fan of the hard flooring, but after seeing this, (and we didn't even look in the bathroom!!) I know I'll feel better about the cleanliness of the floors. But, saying that, my handy dandy UV light will be permanently packed in my suitcase for future trips!

Other than the carpet, though, the housekeeping was for the most part, very well done. One day, they forgot to restock the coffee, but I had brought my own pods just in case, so it wasn't a problem. Towels, glasses, cups and toiletries were replaced every day, and trash/recycle bins emptied. No complaints there.

We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

Normally, I'm not a neatnik, but after a few trips where I ended up with nasty colds or sinus infections, I started doing this whenever I fly or stay in a hotel, and I think it has helped.

We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

Normally, I'm not a neatnik, but after a few trips where I ended up with nasty colds or sinus infections, I started doing this whenever I fly or stay in a hotel, and I think it has helped.

Lol - you sound like me. I also hit all of the plumbing fixture handles, etc., as well as patio door handles and lamp switches - it gives me an extra sense of security. I probably do it more there, than at home!

I do the same thing too- I wish I could do this on all the rides too! I definitely go wash my hands after handling menus and I never put the menu on my silverware or napkin!! I occasionally take out wipes to wipe down the tables. I am a germaphobe, especially after I came home from Disney with MRSA. I had a bug bite and kept scratching it and ended up with MRSA at the bug bite from not washing my hands enough. If I could get away with wearing disposable gloves without looking weird, I would. My husband thinks I'm crazy fro wiping everything down- but a well.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter