Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has Captains Grill been relocated yet or is it still open?

Have a breakfast reservation on Wed.

:welcome: to the thread!

Great question! As far as I know, the Captain's Grille is still open at its normal location, and is still offering the buffet, BUT if anyone who is there now or has just been had different info, please let us know!

::yes::

I will do my best to put together a post about the Yacht Club lobby renovations, once I wrap my ahead around what is going on everywhere and I am able to put it in a comprehensive format.

:faint:

I have some sad news about one of our friends here on the board- I just learned that Debbie (screen name hill6) passed away suddenly yesterday while on vacation at Disney with her husband Mike and daughter Chrissy. Her husband emailed me this morning with the shocking news. She had just sent me pictures by email of the road construction near the WDW arch as they were travelling from Universal to Disney. I had gotten to know her well through our shared love of the Beach Club, Disney, Universal and planning for trips.

Rest in peace, my kind friend.

xoxo
This is so very sad. Thoughts are with her family.

:welcome: to the thread!

Great question! As far as I know, the Captain's Grille is still open at its normal location, and is still offering the buffet, BUT if anyone who is there now or has just been had different info, please let us know!

::yes::

That would be great thanks.

Trying to decide whether to park at the Yacht or the Beach side depending on if it has relocated yet.

Has Captains Grill been relocated yet or is it still open?

Have a breakfast reservation on Wed.

It was still open in it's usual spot yesterday. I was going to ask our waitress, but she seemed new & not very sure of much, so I didn't bother.

I did ask the greeter (Admiral) about the globe. Got the it's out for restoration story, said it was getting worn down from so many hands spinning it. He seemed confident it will be back. Said it's been gone about a month already, so he hopes it will be back soon.

Hi there,
We ate at Captain's Grill on Tuesday. Our waitress told us it was closing on May 24 and would then be relocated to Aerials at the Beach Club. She also said it was going to be completely renovated, expanded, and that the kitchen was going to have a wood burning pizza oven also. She said the theming would be completely different. It would not reopen until later in the fall.
Now, you can certainly take that for what it's worth, I am sure they will be conflicting information elsewhere!

Have several pictures of the new Fittings and Fairings shop that was relocated to the lobby. For some reason I'm having trouble posting everything!

Page 487 post 9739 has a picture of the fridge in a BCV studio. The freezer space is basically non-existent, maybe the capacity for 2 ice cube trays?

Bummer, I was hoping to freeze water to keep us cool in May/June when we are there. It sounds like there isn't much of a freezer. The fridge door is closed, so it's hard to tell.

It was still open in it's usual spot yesterday. I was going to ask our waitress, but she seemed new & not very sure of much, so I didn't bother.

I did ask the greeter (Admiral) about the globe. Got the it's out for restoration story, said it was getting worn down from so many hands spinning it. He seemed confident it will be back. Said it's been gone about a month already, so he hopes it will be back soon.

Hi there,
We ate at Captain's Grill on Tuesday. Our waitress told us it was closing on May 24 and would then be relocated to Aerials at the Beach Club. She also said it was going to be completely renovated, expanded, and that the kitchen was going to have a wood burning pizza oven also. She said the theming would be completely different. It would not reopen until later in the fall.
Now, you can certainly take that for what it's worth, I am sure they will be conflicting information elsewhere!

Thanks for the reports!

Was the buffet still available at breakfast?

The May 25 closing date seems to be what I was thinking. The Disney Dining Reservation website says "Mid may to late fall" for the renovation. I was able to find dining times next week, the following week and in July.

:thumbsup2

Have several pictures of the new Fittings and Fairings shop that was relocated to the lobby. For some reason I'm having trouble posting everything!

What are you getting for an error? File too large? Or are you trying to post with links from a website like Photbucket or Flickr?

:confused3

Last edited:
So here's a question, which I suppose I could probably find on a map, but you all can tell me quicker...

Is there an ice machine conveniently available at BCV?

If anyone is staying at the studios soon, how about a picture of the inside of the fridge?

Thx!

Bummer, I was hoping to freeze water to keep us cool in May/June when we are there. It sounds like there isn't much of a freezer. The fridge door is closed, so it's hard to tell.

If you brought some reusable water bottles, you could always get some ice and some gallons of water for the fridge and fill bottles before going to the parks.

Pending the above reply

^^^

:goodvibes

I think you'll be able to get a few 16 or 20 oz. water bottles in there. If I was to guess, it's probably 14 - 16 inches in length, the same in depth and maybe 4 inches top to bottom.

Hello, does anyone know for sure which floors the yacht club turret suites are located on? (Not sure if there is more than one) i've tried to research it, but the answers vary from anywhere on the first floor to the fourth! Thanks

Hello, does anyone know for sure which floors the yacht club turret suites are located on? (Not sure if there is more than one) i've tried to research it, but the answers vary from anywhere on the first floor to the fourth! Thanks
They are located on the first, second, and third floors.

Hi there,

Great thanks for the info. Makes it easier to know which side of the hotel to park at

Yes, it's saying File too Large.... is there a quick fix for that?

Well, yes there is, and I have been promising for years to write it up, but it has been so long since I have done it that I can't remember all the steps when resizing a large batch of photos. It had to do with copying the photo, choosing the options to "send to mail recipients" and then a box would pop up allowing you to select a size. After you emailed the photos to yourself, you had a group of resized pictures.

To resize a single photo:

*I like to make a copy of the photo first, so that I have an untouched original*

Click on/highlight the photo
Select "Open with Paint"
Select the resize option
In the horizontal or vertical box, change from 100 to either 50 or 25- both work
Click OK
Then click "Save" icon that looks like a floppy disk.

That photo should be ok to directly upload onto the DIS.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter