Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome:

Yes, you have to call Disney reservations to add a request for a daybed to your reservation. If you booked through a travel agency, they need to make the request on your behalf.

(407) 939-1936

:thumbsup2

Is that a new number? I looked in my notes from my 2014 trip and I don't have that one. (I can't find the shrugging shoulders smilie) :(

Quick question, if we bring some leftovers home from dinner, is there anyway to heat them the next day at the resort? I know most food courts have a microwave but it doesn't seem like the marketplace is really a food court.

Quick question, if we bring some leftovers home from dinner, is there anyway to heat them the next day at the resort? I know most food courts have a microwave but it doesn't seem like the marketplace is really a food court.

The Marketplace has microwaves for guest use. It is not a Value or even Moderate Food Court, but it is great

What are the options for getting to magic kingdom for a ppo breakfast adr? (Sorry if this has been asked, I am on my phone and google didn't have anything useful on first few results.)
The busses can get you there in time. We did it for Crystal Palace a couple of years ago With no issues. I think we had an 8:05ADR that day. Keep in mind
The check in line can be kinda long
Uber might be an option too, but then you need to take the ferry from the TTC or chance the monorail

page 548

Those dates are going to be tough. That weekend is the wine and dine 1/2 marathon and its food and wine festival. I would book something else now and keep checking as you get closer in case you get lucky. I wouldn't count on it though. Proximity to Epcot fills the standard rooms up quickly.

:welcome: to the thread!

Are you staying at the Yacht & Beach or elsewhere for your trip?

I couldn't remember if that was the wine & dine dash, so thanks for the clarification.

:goodvibes

It's great to hear the floats are free! I may just skip the noodles!

If you change your mind, I'm sure we can find a flowered bathing cap for you. In fact, you can have mine!

:rotfl:

Hi

I'm a long time lurker..

The refurb for YC. I've read the front page saying that it's disappeared from the website. Are there any thoughts as to when it will commence?

We are booked into the YC for two weeks in Oct 2017. We are considering changing to the BC 'just incase'

Any thoughts?

Thank you for a really informative and friendly thread :flower1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

The YC room refurb has been pushed back several times. Latest chatter is that the work will start in November, but that has not been announced by the resort. IF they start in November of this year, I think most, if not all, of the room will be completed by the time of your trip.

::yes::

Just back from a week at BCV. We stayed in a 1BR refurbished villa on the 5th floor (546). Great view of the Epcot fireworks from our balcony.

Thank you so much for your very helpful review- the details you included are just what people want to know. May I add a link to your post in the trip review section (Post 16)?

What are the options for getting to magic kingdom for a ppo breakfast adr? (Sorry if this has been asked, I am on my phone and google didn't have anything useful on first few results.)

1) Bus from resort to MK- you should be able to get one that will arrive at MK in time
2) Uber or Taxi- note, they can only take you to the TTC, so you will have to take the ferry or monorail from there, adding time. You could ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary and walk from there (about 10 minutes) but I have heard that lately they have given people a hard time about pulling into the resort if you don't have a reservation at the CR.

:car:

As Hopefully points out, there are microwaves for guest use in the Marketplace. There are also a limited number of microwaves which may be requested from housekeeping for your room.

Is that a new number? I looked in my notes from my 2014 trip and I don't have that one. (I can't find the shrugging shoulders smilie) :(

(407) 939-1936

Or a very old one... that has been in the post for awhile. Anyone know if this is a valid phone number for Disney reservations? I'll check in a bit.

:magnify:

ETA: I just checked and that is the phone number for Disney Resort Hotel Reservations.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

This was a spur of the moment weekend trip. My wife and I are AP holders from the midwest. I checked for FP for Frozen first thing in the morning at the 30 day mark, and they were available. After getting the Frozen FP, we decided to stay close ot EPCOT, and YC had the best rate. Now I need to figure out our air transportation.

(407) 939-1936

Or a very old one... that has been in the post for awhile. Anyone know if this is a valid phone number for Disney reservations? I'll check in a bit.

:magnify:

ETA: I just checked and that is the phone number for Disney Resort Hotel Reservations.

Thanks, Dee! This is what I had in my file: "Room only reservations: 407-939-7429; 407-939-7915"
I have added 1936. I never do packages. I wonder if that's why the ones I have are different.
I am, again, trying to catch up! Now that school is finally over, it should only take a few days. :)

page 548

Of course you may add any of my information to the master lists. I tried to answer some of the questions that I jas

I couldn't remember if that was the wine & dine dash, so thanks for the clarification.

If you change your mind, I'm sure we can find a flowered bathing cap for you. In fact, you can have mine!

The YC room refurb has been pushed back several times. Latest chatter is that the work will start in November, but that has not been announced by the resort. IF they start in November of this year, I think most, if not all, of the room will be completed by the time of your trip.

Thank you so much for your very helpful review- the details you included are just what people want to know. May I add a link to your post in the trip review section (Post 16)?

1) Bus from resort to MK- you should be able to get one that will arrive at MK in time
2) Uber or Taxi- note, they can only take you to the TTC, so you will have to take the ferry or monorail from there, adding time. You could ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary and walk from there (about 10 minutes) but
page 548

2) Uber or Taxi- note, they can only take you to the TTC, so you will have to take the ferry or monorail from there, adding time. You could ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary and walk from there (about 10 minutes) but I have heard that lately they have given people a hard time about pulling into the resort if you don't have a reservation at the CR.

:car:

As Hopefully points out, there are microwaves for guest use in the Marketplace. There are also a limited number of microwaves which may be requested from housekeeping for your room.

Please add my review information to the master list, and happy planning everyone!

page 548

I'm staying at beach club for marathon weekend in January. Very excited!!!! We have stayed in a DVC studio at BCV but never a standard room. They look lovely!

We are staying at BC for a couple of days prior to our week at the Poly in Sept. SO super excited even though we only have a couple of days, they are both pool days. Does anyone know if there is a toaster in the room? Just trying to think ahead for breakfast. Thank you!

We are staying at BC for a couple of days prior to our week at the Poly in Sept. SO super excited even though we only have a couple of days, they are both pool days. Does anyone know if there is a toaster in the room? Just trying to think ahead for breakfast. Thank you!

There aren't any toasters in the room.

I'm very excited to be staying at BCV for the first time in Oct. Two of the kiddos and I will first be at the Swan for 2 nights (DH, MIL, and the 2 older kids will be at universal's cabana bay) before we all get back together in a 2 BR villa on Oct 21. Staying until the 30th. Our longest WDW trip yet and first time to take MIL. We are also meeting up with my sister/BIL/their kids, who will be staying at the Swan, for 5 nights.

There aren't any toasters in the room.

Ok, thank you! I am thinking of buying a small toaster and bringing it if that is allowed. We typically stay in a DVC suite with a full kitchen. My ds has allergies and it's just so much easier to cook in the room. Anyone know if that is allowed? If not, we will figure something else out. Thanks.

Ok, thank you! I am thinking of buying a small toaster and bringing it if that is allowed. We typically stay in a DVC suite with a full kitchen. My ds has allergies and it's just so much easier to cook in the room. Anyone know if that is allowed? If not, we will figure something else out. Thanks.
I wouldn't think it's a good idea as the smoke detectors in the rooms could be very sensitive. Could you imagine causing a hotel wide evacuation:furious:

Toasters and Microwaves

Is the microwave accessible all the time or only when the Marketplace is open?

Thanks!

Just when the Marketplace is open.

As I mentioned in a previous post, you can request a microwave for your room which will be provided free of charge subject to availability.

I wouldn't think it's a good idea as the smoke detectors in the rooms could be very sensitive. Could you imagine causing a hotel wide evacuation:furious:

No toasters in the room. There are toasters for guest use in the Marketplace, but I can understand being concerned with using them with your son's allergies. I honestly don't know what the rules or suggestions are about bringing your own toaster.

Pinkgirl raises a good point about the smoke detectors. Toasters may also be considered a fire hazard if left plugged in. I'll see if I can get some info about whether it is permissible for guests to BYOT.

Would a microwave help with your breakfast options? (See above)

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I am a BCV owner too, however the availability screen is showing occupancy up to 5...
znQ8yXMvATRxcmC9mNPTjLNhMZf8cQa0-6kbtyz-rBpruscyhhJzw946txkIfTLgxUFy6bzyxkIkF9PhKxlODmCsrzPIrr4SQk-Q2i499X5mNtGDBK48nRSZ64rQBJOZ6Q8wsDgbWqTLCb60anl12YdKlI0dDsfhiR-iTeq79tOnwjIJpMMPUqIdAK6RREtoNKzIgOud_Ze6qOTX7AbEMdNotpYoAvd2GWT4Z3Rs1_oQ82Pxt6DlGgZk-tILCqCq5ypINSJj58bauiZocQFYtKfF6KfEdwdik1pJ3rc2JElCmqONe3midBpNOh3-BUTeNyb-65NY3pFIX8AFFM6M24VQmMTyJseiecDcoW7d-iggH1ZtSfRFtWAuQJPqXvhkBfC-I8uHsbVddVwZV7iQQWyZS4GJ1KedRMfJikJFG8zHq65ohBX8-C7QcyGSD7VvHLIr03EcoSzJvV0f6fMYG3JHTg8GcxcmW0BHAvaqodjv_KVNeYsAvsgcujZRq0HKF7J3daeH9FMynoQPF0RPlXTUBH3CMC4EJzNmhItl7neY-_sUFAvHp986gow40kSz0po3U3HkOdwCqYM-9gfgfBuAf19frA=w929-h373-no
Wow! I did not know this! For years I have been upset that DVC at the BC (our favorite resort) did not accommodate 5 in a 1 BR or studio. I might have to re-think the idea of DVC now.
Also can we be added to the list? Our dates are BC 8/15-8/23. So excited !!!

Just had an idea for those guests with allergies who may want to use the toasters, maybe use a "toaster pocket" to reduce the cross contamination risks. We have them in the UK and they are good for stopping cheese from going everywhere. They have stopped the toaster at work from getting all gunked up. Not sure how they would work with Pop Tarts though:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter